Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Monathin posted:

You were until everyone called you out on that, Asiina and then you posted up a storm that amounted to basically nothing and laughing at people who were voting you, and your only real votes have been either Ixt (who you claim is scum) or self-preservation votes on whoever leads the vote that isn't you. I think that's incredibly suspicious, especially since you've dropped the Ixt case with little fanfare when you said "I will vote Ixt until I die."

Also I suppose that's fair, Somber. I didn't think I was lurking that hard, but I thought that Asiina was an easy vote yesterday due to past scummy behavior and kind of tuned out, and then Meinberg stuff happened and it all went to hell.

I still think that Asiina has far more incriminating evidence on them than I do, though I'll admit that I've been in and out of this game in terms of participation.

What I got from this post is, essentially, Asiina is scum because she voted to save herself and has only seriously pushed one other player. Is that correct?

Because that sounds like a bad case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

There was also a lot of bad posts by Asiina while she was saving herself that I think are a lot more incriminating of her behavior but, I guess yes, that is essentially what I'm saying.

She reacted to everyone voting her in a way that came off, to me, as incredibly scummy and "oh poo poo, I've been caught, better distract them with copied posts from the 2+2 thread" and other such short posts. She's come off as fishing for a case on Ixt (and before that was voting Ecco with very little evidence as well), it seems, to me at least, like someone who was trying to either A) Find an easy target to jump on the bandwagon on or B) fishing desperately for a case for someone who seemed scummy enough that a bandwagon could be instigated.

I do not think the storm of posting Asiina had after being vote leader is the kind of posting you'd expect from someone who's town. That's my hunch, at least. It seems like a bit of a meltdown.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Monathin posted:

There was also a lot of bad posts by Asiina while she was saving herself that I think are a lot more incriminating of her behavior but, I guess yes, that is essentially what I'm saying.

She reacted to everyone voting her in a way that came off, to me, as incredibly scummy and "oh poo poo, I've been caught, better distract them with copied posts from the 2+2 thread" and other such short posts. She's come off as fishing for a case on Ixt (and before that was voting Ecco with very little evidence as well), it seems, to me at least, like someone who was trying to either A) Find an easy target to jump on the bandwagon on or B) fishing desperately for a case for someone who seemed scummy enough that a bandwagon could be instigated.

I do not think the storm of posting Asiina had after being vote leader is the kind of posting you'd expect from someone who's town. That's my hunch, at least. It seems like a bit of a meltdown.

If there are incriminating posts Asiina made, you should show us those posts. As someone who thinks that Ixt and Ecco are both scum, I don't see the 'lack of evidence' as a problem. If you agree with points people are making against a player, do you need to restate those points?

If you're voting Asiina because you felt like she was melting down a little bit, why not vote a player who had an actual meltdown?

Ixtlilton posted:

That I'm stepping away rather than getting into a slap fight and your points are both terrible and make these huge weird assumptions in your logic and cause me to remember why I left mafia.

Dude was so mad he had to step away from his two votes. Asiina posting a funny joke from a thread a bunch of us are following is pretty tame.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Somberbrero, do you understand that I wasn't reacting to votes, I was reacting to you? I'm pretty sure I've said that and thinking anything else about that situation is so incredibly disingenuous. Not to mention, again, it was 4.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ixtlilton posted:

Somberbrero, do you understand that I wasn't reacting to votes, I was reacting to you? I'm pretty sure I've said that and thinking anything else about that situation is so incredibly disingenuous. Not to mention, again, it was 4.

Uh just checked and it was two votes when you started melting down.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680753&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=19#post437936133

lmao 'reacting to you not votes.' That makes even less sense. The point is you blew up over very little pressure which isn't something town normally do.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote bowmore

I am a Random Cop and investigated bowmore last night. He is not town.

n1 I investigated Dr. Hurt, not town
n2 I investigated Asiina, town

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote bowmore cool

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##vote bowmore

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think it's still night.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Hang on. Isn't it still night? Did you get your result already?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##unvote

Also, why did you never investigate Ecco?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I can't control my target. It is still night but I was given my result.

It would be amazing if I die tonight.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
haha I forgot that it's night ##unvote

Would actually be a pretty dope scum power in this setup but I'm gonna wait before I get paranoid.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Just a reminder , its night. Im opening the game at 1100pm est whether or not they are all in or not.

How long until 11pm EST?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
5.5 hours

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Almost exactly five and a half hours from now (It's currently 5:30 PM EST)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Man that's ages away.

(Also, thanks)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Monathin posted:

Almost exactly five and a half hours from now (It's currently 5:30 PM EST)

This point might just be confirmation bias, but it is unusual you'd comment on the time and not that your top scum candidate just got cleared by an investigation.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

##vote bowmore

I am a Random Cop and investigated bowmore last night. He is not town.

n1 I investigated Dr. Hurt, not town
n2 I investigated Asiina, town
That's not right

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Random Cop sounds like a stupid role, it takes the skill out of Cop

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"ALSO every single power role in this game is x-shot with few exceptions."

I admit that Random Cop sound silly when I think all of the exceptions have flipped not-town, but setup speculation is pointless right now. Gotta see a flip before we know what's up. If this is lylo then o well.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I made that up, was trying to see Asiina's reaction to being called Town (if he was scum he'd think I was his scum buddy). He didn't do anything.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Asiina is a lady

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well that's dumb.

For my own sake, here are the flips so far.

Met (Jean Paulson, The Giant Miner of Wyoming) Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Night Absorber was blasted! - Day One

Dr Hurt - Codename: Waves of Grain - Self Aligned U.S. Military 2-Shot Juggernaut/2-Shot Ninja Serial Killer was killed on N1!

Poison Mushroom - The Unspeakable Horror - Planet-Aligned Paranoid Gun Owner/2-Shot Night Vigilante was killed on N1!

Ernie. - Lady Liberty - Self Aligned Animated Statue of Liberty - Liberty-Aligned Charger/Survivor was killed on N1

Mad Rancher (SSSsssssBZzzz the Noisy, Part of the Hyper-intelligent Swarm) Miller, 2-Shot Tracker was smashed D2!

AtrociousToaster (Xeeto: The Social Robot) Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Robot Cop was modkilled N2!

Puntification (Pepsi Presents: The Refreshatrix), Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Lynchproof Robot was killed N2

Tremendous Taste (Dermott IV, The Singing Giant Cannibal Plant) Planet-Aligned Vanilla Plant was destroyed!

Meinberg (Teen Robot Force!!!, Six American Teens Joined Together in a Giant Robot) Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Day Vig was smashed D3!

7 town dead so far, 2 untown dead.

Challenge Volunteers
Ecco
Ernie. - Dead, untown, no apparent reason to fail.
JJ - Dead, presumably didn't fail.
Opop
SOS
Asiina
Dugong

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I made that up, was trying to see Asiina's reaction to being called Town (if he was scum he'd think I was his scum buddy). He didn't do anything.

Not really much to say other than "I told you so" but no reason to gloat. Not sure what reaction you'd be looking for as scum or town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina have you played many games with merk before?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Not many that I recall.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Actually, Opop, I know you are normally vocally opposed to last minute lynch changes, yet you led the charge on one yesterday. Why was this instance so different that you played completely out of character?

Meinberg's post was honest to god offensive to me as a player and as someone who has modded games. There's lurking and there's flaunting it. I did that for Pig and 8bux more than anything game related

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also somber you don't seem to get that Right doesn't equal Town and Wrong doesn't equal Scum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Yeah but trying to do the wrong thing is usually a really great way to let the scum win.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
My laptop is still janxed (need to get a new hard drive, and also a cable to try and salvage what data I can from my old drive). With the holiday coming up I really, really won't be able to post much. I'll try to make a post a day though.

This is a good thing for every one of us.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was getting modkilled you idiot

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote CPig

Hurry up and start the day.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ask cpig to prod cpig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok

Peta - V-128762: The Slime from Beyond the Stars!!! - Chaos-Aligned 2-Shot Bastard/Survivor was modkilled for inactivity!
Bastard = At night you can select two people to target. Those people will then switch alignments

Eccoraven - Beautiful Shining Star Rangers Take Flight - Planet aligned 2 shot doctor was killed on n3!

8bux flavor forthcoming

its day 4

todays randomly generated cuddle style is MAJORITY

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (12): Asiina, bowmore, Dugong, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Ixtlilton, merk, Monathin, Opopanax, Somberbrero, The Science of Suck

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 28th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 22 hours.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Is the secret joke that there are no scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Challenge Volunteers
Ecco - dead, town.
Ernie. - Dead, untown, no apparent reason to fail.
JJ - Dead, presumably didn't fail.
Opop
SOS
Asiina
Dugong

My gut says Opop.

##vote opop

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote opo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
bowmore is a good kill if someone has a kill.

• Locked thread