Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So when's Rockstar fixing Turbo making vehicles go slower? It's a huge pain in the rear end to drive all 12 of my cars out to get it swapped out and again when they fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
So I just thought of some stuff and I would maybe like some help if possible.

Does the new passive mode work for taking simeon's cars, even the non-green highlight, from finding one in the cellphone text? Like after I spray my patriot, that he wants. (I'm not sure if those are different than the general import car, that I will see and assume other players see)

What level does lester's kill targets open up at? I miss those. What level are the crate drops?

I swear the stuff like crates, kill target, and simeon cars were never level locked, but it kind of sucks for free roam now, since there is less stuff to jump on, at lower levels.

edit; Also can we try and start commending other goons, or can I get some love? Like I didn't realize how much that saves on general stuff, if only that 5%. I know there is a better discount once I platinum the gun range medals, I think. Was there any thing for LSC that can get a discount? I know first player has a ton of stuff connected to the lifeInvader stuff, but I am trying to think of how my main got stuff like stickies for much cheaper than what I am getting now.

edit2; also with the new passive mode, is it possible to have an actual Roleplaying cabbie player?

Scyron fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 26, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Policenaut posted:

So when's Rockstar fixing Turbo making vehicles go slower? It's a huge pain in the rear end to drive all 12 of my cars out to get it swapped out and again when they fix it.

well they said the first PS4/Xbone update would also include heists, so logic suggests they'll never fix turbos

Scyron posted:

What level does

I think it's both level (12 for crates, 19 for trucks) and doing missions for Ron/TPI, Lester, Simeon, etc, so do some missions too. They give you phone calls which explain that poo poo, otherwise they don't unlock.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 26, 2014

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

insaine posted:

What is the best way of finding the "cheesey" challenges for the 250k stuff? Ones that are basically impossible to fail because I am Bad At Videogames. I found an easy 100k one yesterday but that was dumb luck.

From what I can tell this has actually been fixed today. I haven't seen a challenge over 5k since I started looking for my 250k for the day.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Psion posted:

well they said the first PS4/Xbone update would also include heists

The first current-gen content update/patch for the online, that one was to include heists.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

rally posted:

From what I can tell this has actually been fixed today. I haven't seen a challenge over 5k since I started looking for my 250k for the day.

I did a 250 this morning PST around 10am.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Policenaut posted:

Thugz Prison Brawl or whatever it is is the worst deathmatch ever and I have no idea how it got verified. Every time I draw it I make an effort of playing it by running up the stairs, jumping out over the railing, stealing a cop car, and just loving around on the map while Lag of the North Star goes on.

I love it when it's a full group really. Also, I prefer to just run over and grab the cop bus and start mowing people down, for some reason every single time I've played it people are too busy grabbing the melee weapons and attacking each other to get the bus that makes you invincible.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I do find myself wondering if Rockstar patched the Crew Playlist Challenges. I know sometimes you don't see a 250k one... but the uniformity of what I am seeing feels very... fixed. Every single thing is either 1,000 or 5,000.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Feenix posted:

I do find myself wondering if Rockstar patched the Crew Playlist Challenges. I know sometimes you don't see a 250k one... but the uniformity of what I am seeing feels very... fixed. Every single thing is either 1,000 or 5,000.

Buy Shark Cards to fix that problem!!!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Duke Chin posted:

Buy Shark Cards to fix that problem!!!

You know, I want the Buzzard bad enough that if this game was working properly, I almost Might be tempted to do that. Almost.

But this game needs some TLC so... no.

[edit] Jesus Christ, lag (I think?) aside, what the gently caress is up when like a few people are in within a few city blocks of each other. The games framerate goes into like single digits.

[edit2] I could very well be misremembering, but I don't recall having as much issue with literally being made of tissue paper (even with heavy armor on) when being shot by NPC mission mooks.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 26, 2014

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Feenix posted:

You know, I want the Buzzard bad enough that if this game was working properly, I almost Might be tempted to do that. Almost.

:siren: DON'T ACTUALLY DO THIS I WAS KIDDING :siren:

Here's why:

Feenix posted:

But this game needs some TLC so... no.

[edit] Jesus Christ, lag (I think?) aside, what the gently caress is up when like a few people are in within a few city blocks of each other. The games framerate goes into like single digits.

[edit2] I could very well be misremembering, but I don't recall having as much issue with literally being made of tissue paper (even with heavy armor on) when being shot by NPC mission mooks.
etc etc... gently caress the f2p model on a game that A: you paid full price for and B: then most likely paid full price for a second time.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's too bad the times of excessive glitching are over. Making bajillions by driving dead people into your garage was so much fun.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

orcane posted:

It's too bad the times of excessive glitching are over. Making bajillions by driving dead people into your garage was so much fun.

I'm sure the PC version will revive this.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

EL Bombastico posted:

Last night, launching GTA:O straight from the initial loading screen made the game automatically quit itself twice last night. I successfully loaded up online after launching it from single player a couple, only to quit it out on me again after 10 minutes. The lobby had maybe 10-12 pubbies in it.

Is this happening to anyone else? I'm on Xbone btw

PS: who's up for some Horse Factory???

Yeah no issues on my end.

Might have been a problem with the servers then. Do you have open NAT?

Also sad that they patched another way at easy money. My challenges are all for 5k now. Getting 5k is not worth the 5 minutes of loading to get into the challenge. gently caress you Rockstar.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

A c E posted:

Yeah no issues on my end.

Might have been a problem with the servers then. Do you have open NAT?

Also sad that they patched another way at easy money. My challenges are all for 5k now. Getting 5k is not worth the 5 minutes of loading to get into the challenge. gently caress you Rockstar.

I thought this was the case too but I just did a 250k criminal records challenge literally one minute ago.

It was called "Hard Crew" or something like that if it helps.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

A c E posted:

Getting 5k is not worth the 5 minutes of loading to get into the challenge. gently caress you Rockstar.

You can get 5k for a regular race in that amount of time.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
More even. I won The Commute the other day with like 14 cars and won over 10K.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

rally posted:

I thought this was the case too but I just did a 250k criminal records challenge literally one minute ago.

Oh, maybe I'll just have to check back. Thanks!

geeves posted:

You can get 5k for a regular race in that amount of time.

Exactly, then I don't have to run criminal records...

I'd rather just run a mission in a tank or buzzard though.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

More even. I won The Commute the other day with like 14 cars and won over 10K.

Your method for blow up II seems like a winner to me. I'm saving for my next big purchase. A Tank. Looking back on last night, I should have went and got my buzzard sooner because standing behind the building with the banshee while you're blasting away is frigging chaotic.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Thaxxas posted:

Your method for blow up II seems like a winner to me. I'm saving for my next big purchase. A Tank. Looking back on last night, I should have went and got my buzzard sooner because standing behind the building with the banshee while you're blasting away is frigging chaotic.

Oh yeah...there isn't a good place to be when you're on foot unless you leave the scene completely. The buzzard was aces though - you took care of 50 cops alone. Just under 10k RP for that run alone.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

Oh yeah...there isn't a good place to be when you're on foot unless you leave the scene completely. The buzzard was aces though - you took care of 50 cops alone. Just under 10k RP for that run alone.

yeah, and a boatload of money.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Psion posted:

well they said the first PS4/Xbone update would also include heists, so logic suggests they'll never fix turbos

Weren't we also promised a working stock market in GTA Online as well?

The connection issues were present the first few weeks on last gen as well. I figure they'll work it out eventually.

Of the hour I played last night, 20 minutes was spent trying to load into a server with anyone on it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

rally posted:

Weird. I just checked, and it's just so oddly suspicious that everything is 1,000, 3,000, or 5,000. :\

[edit] Oh poo poo Hard Crew just snuck in there!

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 26, 2014

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Feenix posted:

Weird. I just checked, and it's just so oddly suspicious that everything is 1,000, 3,000, or 5,000. :\

[edit] Oh poo poo Hard Crew just snuck in there!

Haha, yeah, the longer this goes the better. I think I am finally at the point where I can hoard money for future update vehicles. I finally offset the cost of my Dodo and Marshall and have all the other cars I want.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

rally posted:

Haha, yeah, the longer this goes the better. I think I am finally at the point where I can hoard money for future update vehicles. I finally offset the cost of my Dodo and Marshall and have all the other cars I want.

I feel like they may have nerfed it but older ones slip in. I think time is limited on this at this point.

[edit]

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/202805883-Crew-challenges-pointless-now

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anybody wanna give me a couple hundred thousand? :)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Feenix posted:

Anybody wanna give me a couple hundred thousand? :)

Only way to do that really is to play a lot of short rigged jobs that allow betting.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Only way to do that really is to play a lot of short rigged jobs that allow betting.

:)

Anyone know why I always enter the world holding my Shotgun? I'd rather enter it holding another gun... (or no gun)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stealth stability and "other minor fixes" patch out.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Assuming that that is 1.04, I got all excited when I read this and then realized It downloaded and installed at 4:45 am today. I have seen a bit of improvement, but not really with the "world". (Cars are goofy as poo poo...NPC stuff in general.)

(I also haven't been put in a match with LLJK in a couple days now..)

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So I haven't played GTA Online since pretty much when it came out and I don't really understand what the challenge thing is. I see mention of the 250k/100k ones and I guess this is something that was added after I stopped playing or something, but I was hoping someone could give me a quick explanation of what it is exactly. I think, from what I can tell, you do need that amount of money already, right?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Quasipox posted:

So I haven't played GTA Online since pretty much when it came out and I don't really understand what the challenge thing is. I see mention of the 250k/100k ones and I guess this is something that was added after I stopped playing or something, but I was hoping someone could give me a quick explanation of what it is exactly. I think, from what I can tell, you do need that amount of money already, right?

You need to be Level 5 and have enough to cover the bet. You also want to choose something like a 5-lap Criminal Records race (and race by yourself) with a total time of at least 2:30 (to be safe.) If you were to lose, you'd be out $250k.

However, all of that is moot because I am *NEARLY* certain that it got nerved. I have not seen a mission over 5k since this morning except for a fluke that showed up and then disappeared.

You access them via Start (Options Button) > Online > Playlists > Challenges.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Feenix posted:

You need to be Level 5 and have enough to cover the bet. You also want to choose something like a 5-lap Criminal Records race (and race by yourself) with a total time of at least 2:30 (to be safe.) If you were to lose, you'd be out $250k.

However, all of that is moot because I am *NEARLY* certain that it got nerved. I have not seen a mission over 5k since this morning except for a fluke that showed up and then disappeared.

You access them via Start (Options Button) > Online > Playlists > Challenges.

Oh, alright. Thanks. I saw a few people posting that it might have been caught upthread, but I was hoping maybe it wasn't.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Quasipox posted:

Oh, alright. Thanks. I saw a few people posting that it might have been caught upthread, but I was hoping maybe it wasn't.

Maybe it's not... but it sure looks like it is.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Rockstar, you suck. If you wanted to reduce the payout but still make something fun and worth doing then you have set the amount to 50K you turds, alternatively keep the sum at 5K and tie a multiplier the users crew level to make them want to play your game for longer periods of time and more frequently.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Rockstar, you suck. If you wanted to reduce the payout but still make something fun and worth doing then you have set the amount to 50K you turds, alternatively keep the sum at 5K and tie a multiplier the users crew level to make them want to play your game for longer periods of time and more frequently.

I tweeted them and also added the hashtage #stophatingfunRockstar

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Feenix posted:

I tweeted them and also added the hashtage #stophatingfunRockstar

If you are up for linking your tweet, I'm sure a few of us would retweet it as well.

Edit: or you know I could stop being lazy and just search for it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

A c E posted:

If you are up for linking your tweet, I'm sure a few of us would retweet it as well.

Edit: or you know I could stop being lazy and just search for it.

Sorry, I was playing GTAV, I shoulda... :)

https://twitter.com/feenix7/status/537721513047126017

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Oh god I have no idea what I'm doing.

But thanks all you guys who delivered the vehicle while I just got immediately killed by npcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=npBDyorDnBQ&feature=em-upload_owner

Sorry, Goon. :sotw::ortiz::quagmire:

• Locked thread