Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

precision posted:

Constantine should be on the CW so it can get a million seasons just because of tumblr fangirls alone.

drat it, I really like that show. :sigh:

But then it would be on the same channel that its rips off! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wasn't really feeling Constantine so I might skip catching up on it since I'm in the middle of trying to catch up on a ton of shows. I just caught up with The 100, got Once Upon A Time taken care of a week ago, and after Arrow a couple of weeks ago I need to binge Flash for that crossover next week.

I wasn't really feeling Constantine and even though I've enjoyed all these shows I'm really feeling an itch to watch a show that isn't about magic, superheroes, or spaceships. So maybe I'll just abandon it and wait to see if it gets renewed next season and catch up Netflix like I did with all of these shows.

Seriously, I need to watch a cop show or something. I'm feeling really nerdy right now. It doesn't help that my queue is basically Fringe, Agents of Shield, Vampire Diaries, and Grimm. I swear there was a time I watched normal shows.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

bobkatt013 posted:

But then it would be on the same channel that its rips off! :)

I'd be AOK with a Supernatural/Constantine night on the CW.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

STAC Goat posted:

I wasn't really feeling Constantine so I might skip catching up on it since I'm in the middle of trying to catch up on a ton of shows. I just caught up with The 100, got Once Upon A Time taken care of a week ago, and after Arrow a couple of weeks ago I need to binge Flash for that crossover next week.

I wasn't really feeling Constantine and even though I've enjoyed all these shows I'm really feeling an itch to watch a show that isn't about magic, superheroes, or spaceships. So maybe I'll just abandon it and wait to see if it gets renewed next season and catch up Netflix like I did with all of these shows.

Seriously, I need to watch a cop show or something. I'm feeling really nerdy right now. It doesn't help that my queue is basically Fringe, Agents of Shield, Vampire Diaries, and Grimm. I swear there was a time I watched normal shows.

Constantine should take precedence over Once Upon a Time and Agents of Shield at the very least.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This past Fridays episode was the best yet and it was the first episode the gf actually enjoyed.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I've just about finished getting caught up on The Fall, and I don't know if there's ever been a tv show character before that's just made my skin crawl as much as Paul Spector.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

xeria posted:

I've just about finished getting caught up on The Fall, and I don't know if there's ever been a tv show character before that's just made my skin crawl as much as Paul Spector.

Indeed, and not that I was particularly interested in it before, but this role has pretty much guaranteed I won't be seeing 50 shades. It's hard enough to watch that guy in anything else, but Sexy McHotguy will be impossible without serious creepy crawlies.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
That's one of the things I appreciated the most about The Fall. Jamie Dornan is a handsome man, but the show never made his character sexy nor did it portray his scenes of violence in a sexually appealing way. And even though the audience spends half of the time following him as he goes about his day, I never felt like I was rooting for him or that the show wanted me to root for him even a little bit. He held my interest because he is interesting, but I want Stella to find him and end him.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rabbit Hill posted:

That's one of the things I appreciated the most about The Fall. Jamie Dornan is a handsome man, but the show never made his character sexy nor did it portray his scenes of violence in a sexually appealing way. And even though the audience spends half of the time following him as he goes about his day, I never felt like I was rooting for him or that the show wanted me to root for him even a little bit. He held my interest because he is interesting, but I want Stella to find him and end him.
Jamie Dornan is #notmychristian

(If you don't get this reference, you are a terrible TV IVer)

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

cool kids inc. posted:

Indeed, and not that I was particularly interested in it before, but this role has pretty much guaranteed I won't be seeing 50 shades. It's hard enough to watch that guy in anything else, but Sexy McHotguy will be impossible without serious creepy crawlies.

Between this and the fact that the trailer was cut like a horror thriller I'm hoping that 50 Shades is going to be like the later Twilight movies where everyone involved is contemptuous of the source material and fans.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So apparently Nick is going to put Korra back on TV this week :psyduck:

What the gently caress is going on over there with that show?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

VDay posted:

Who knows? Everything about this has been baffling.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

VDay posted:

I would say that's going to confuse a lot of people but really if you managed to follow the schizophrenic scheduling they gave to that show (and Avatar before it) this is nothing new.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're starting from the beginning of this season, too, which is hilarious for a number of reasons.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
So the Hello Ladies movie was on last night. Pretty fantastic conclusion to the series.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I'm sort of sad about the Constantine news :( As bad as it started, the last two episodes have been nice.

I just got a question, has Gotham got any good, or is it still crap? I stopped watching since episode 8 because Barbara's stupidity is infuriating.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tonight's Adventure Time was pretty goofy. It guest starred Billy West and he did a bunch of Futurama voices.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

STAC Goat posted:

I've been working my way through The Good Wife (up to beginning of season 4), and I highly recommend it. It's a solid show that does a perfect balance between procedural and serialization. It avoids the worst excesses of both network and cable prestige TV, and it's got fantastic acting and both lovable and hateable characters (Michael J. Fox and Martha Plimpton in particular play slimy bastard lawyers wonderfully).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Good Wife is legit one of the top five shows airing right now and set aside your anti CBS bias and check it out. It's streaming on Prime.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

The Good Wife is legit one of the top five shows airing right now and set aside your anti CBS bias and check it out. It's streaming on Prime.

Having finally caught up, I agree.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Sober posted:

So the Hello Ladies movie was on last night. Pretty fantastic conclusion to the series.

It was nice to see Stewart finally grow as a person.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

You catch up on True Detective, Fargo, and The Knick yet? AKA the best TV so far this year?

Getting to the end of my Its Always Sunny marathon on netflix, looking for something else I could watch TVwise on it. Recommendations? Already eyeing Peaky Blinders (sp?).

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Shageletic posted:

You catch up on True Detective, Fargo, and The Knick yet? AKA the best TV so far this year?

Getting to the end of my Its Always Sunny marathon on netflix, looking for something else I could watch TVwise on it. Recommendations? Already eyeing Peaky Blinders (sp?).

As luck would have it, the first season of The Fall is on Netflix and should be watched~

It's only five episodes~

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I started watching Peaky Blinders season 2 recently and it's still fantastic. Tom Hardy is loving brilliant.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Shageletic posted:

Recommendations? Already eyeing Peaky Blinders (sp?).

Peaky Blinders is really good. I'm also a nerd for soundtracks and I'm in love with it. Of course I'm biased because I like Nick Cave.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Clamknuckle posted:

It was nice to see Stewart finally grow as a person.

I thought that the finale did a good job of that too. The movie wasn't amazing, but it was a satisfying end and wrap up. More effort was put in the opening scene than all of Dumb and Dumber To.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

CaptainHollywood posted:

I thought that the finale did a good job of that too. The movie wasn't amazing, but it was a satisfying end and wrap up. More effort was put in the opening scene than all of Dumb and Dumber To.
A lot of people told me it wasn't as good because it wasn't funny. And granted that part was true, because the only funny bits were the part with Nicole Kidman and I liked the bedroom scene and the scene leading up to it. I guess Kives didn't really need any resolution either, but glad they gave Wade something. Plus if they give you 90 minutes and let you end it, you kinda gotta get the thing rolling. Consider how the movie takes place over the course of a year, most of it being skipped over though. I definitely got the vibe that most of the beats the movie were hitting in regards to Stewart and Jessica were always going to be there if the show lasted long enough to end on its own accord, but it worked out fine for me.

I mean most shows wished they ended this well, if I'm gonna be frank.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Sober posted:

I mean most shows wished they ended this well, if I'm gonna be frank.

It's the exact kind of finale/movie that Party Down needed.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Party Down somehow had an amazing ending anyways.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Fooz posted:

Party Down somehow had an amazing ending anyways.

Also that bit on Childrens Hospital.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am 98% convinced that the idea of a UK television series called "Peaky Blinders" is just a running thread gag.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

xbilkis posted:

I am 98% convinced that the idea of a UK television series called "Peaky Blinders" is just a running thread gag.

The working title was "Oy! Peaky Blinders, You Silly Bugger!"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was a real gang. And the name makes sense when you realise why they're called that, and also that it was almost a century ago when my country was even more ridiculous.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Peaky Blinders.jpg

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What kind of rear end in a top hat network takes something shot in 24fps and just plays it at 25fps without any adjustments? FX Canada, that's who.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

See also: everyone in the UK, forever and always. You thought the kids in Malcolm in the Middle had high pitched voices? You think the guys in Big Bang Theory talk quickly? Come over here and be prepared to never be able to watch those shows as they're broadcast.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Watching Deadwood for the first time. I expect to find out whether Timothy Olyphant can actually act.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadpool posted:

The stuff on Gotham, what little I saw before I stopped watching, was really ridiculous. But if you ever need evidence that the people that watch TV do need to be talked down to at times then just watch an episode of The Walking Dead, which is a very very simple show, and take a look at the thread during and after that episode. Then you'll know why TV shows feel they need to talk down to their audiences. Now, I'm not recommending you actually go and read the thread, but if you ever want to know there's a good example for you.

If you only come back for 1 episode, come back for the last one. Alfred :black101:

Josh Lyman posted:

Watching Deadwood for the first time. I expect to find out whether Timothy Olyphant can actually act.

He is an angry, angry, angry old timey Raylan Givens.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Josh Lyman posted:

Sort of...his delivery is pretty wooden throughout but he's also playing a humorless lawman with a stick up his rear end, so it kind of worked for me actually.

• Locked thread