Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
You descend upon BrainParasite, clench him in your hands, and heave him out. He stumbles into the grey mist surrounding your conference. He was never seen again.

BrainParasite, Major Jack Celliers (Vanilla Good David Bowie) caught his death in the fog!

You regain conciousness for a fleeting second... "... a mass found in his left frontal lobe..." ... and float away again.

It is now Night 1. Please send your night actions (if you have any) to me. Do not post until the very next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You reassemble yourselves. One is missing from your number. You find him in the corner, slumped over, fallen to pieces.

mr.capps, David Bowie, 1987 (Vanilla Good David Bowie) was let down!

You frisk him for smokes, find none, and set about discussing whom among you is the culprit.

It is now Day 2! Deadline is Thursday, 7PM, unless you agree it should be later.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (7): Abyssal Squid, Allen Wren, Antivehicular, Chic Trombone, EXAKT Science, Tremendous Taste, yuming

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 27th, 2014 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You monsters

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

mr.capps posted:

You monsters

You are my moon, you are my sun
Heaven knows what you are
Tonight the Zeroes are singing for you
Yes they were
Tonight the Zeroes were singing for you

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'll need to talk a walk to ease my mind, find out what's gnawing at me.

Exakt, your crypticness unnerves.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Well that was unexpected, but it was nice of scum to kill mr.capps for us so we didn't have to lynch him ourselves? :confused:

Of everyone we've got left, EXAKT Science, Tremendous Taste, and Antivehicular feel the most suspicious to me. EXAKT hasn't said anything other than quoting lyrics (we all wrote those together you dope :argh:) and is voting reactively. Tremendous Taste has all of one post for day one, with no vote, and no case except an unsubstantiated "I don't like EXAKT's vote" though to be fair I don't either. Antivehicular hasn't done much in general, and he cast an invalid vote though it probably was an accident. My gut says he's PROBABLY town, but that might just be the Runaway Five avatar talking.

Allen Wren and Chic Trombone don't give much to work with but they worked to avoid a no-lynch instead of passively letting it happen (though I guess a certain town lynch isn't much worse for scum than a no-lynch), while yuming got the ball rolling in the first place.

So I'm gonna ##vote EXAKT for the time being and see what happens from here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'd be inclined to back Abyssal's vote, but I can't tell if solely lyricposting is scummy or just irritating.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I am barred from the event
I really don't understand the situation
So where's the moral
People have their fingers broken
To be insulted by these fascists it's so degrading
And it's no game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

I'd be inclined to back Abyssal's vote, but I can't tell if solely lyricposting is scummy or just irritating.

It's a post restriction, apparently?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Okay I was gonna wait until just before the deadline to spill it, but I'm the Cop :cop: and the flavor of my PM indicates that there's probably a Doctor too, so I probably get roleblocked or killed after this. (idk why I bothered with that last clause there but w/e I'm keeping it in) I investigated Tremendous Taste last night and he flipped scum. Seeing Tremendous Taste come to EXAKT's defense strengthens my suspicion that EXAKT is probably scum, and there's nothing else to go on so we'd might as well stick with EXAKT (or go for Taste, it won't bother me none). Yeah I'm falling on my sword here, but I figure with one scum hit out of two scum total it's a fair trade.

Also, I pushed for EXACT over Taste because there was a stronger case to be made just based on available evidence. I was hoping to get some people saying things, but I GUESS NOT. Help me out here Allen :v:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

DAVID BOWIE, THE LOVING FATHER OF HIS SON DUNCAN (also his daughter Alexandria but that has no mechanical effect (also his kids were born 29 years apart what the hell man))

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

WELL THEN. Also nooot really sure that saying "it's a pr probably" really counts as coming to someone's defense but we can probably talk about that more tomorrow

##vote Tremendous Taste

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Or today depending on how fast people check the thread and pile on, i guess

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also, assuming you are telling the truth, don't post your PM or parts of your PM. That's usually grounds for a modkill

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Abyssal Squid posted:

Help me out here Allen :v:

Sure!

##vote Tremendous Taste

I was considering posting after Taste's indication that it was a posting restriction with a sort of "and how do you KNOW that?" but didn't want to get too wild. Wild's not my thing. Bowie's not my name, either. You can check my locker. The one with the gnome in.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

Also, assuming you are telling the truth, don't post your PM or parts of your PM. That's usually grounds for a modkill

Is paraphrasing it okay? I wasn't copying it directly :ohdear:

Also idk why I didn't switch to Tremendous Taste after revealing I was cop, at least this way we have an immediate moment of truth.

##vote Taste

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh, because there's still 26 hours until the end of Day 2 and that'd put us at -1 is a good reason. Don't want to quash discussion early.

Also that picture was one I just trawled up from the google, it wasn't from my PM. Found it in the Daily Mail.

## unvote

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I've just looked at EXAKT's votes again, and I'm really liking the idea of EXAKT and Taste as the Duke and the King, or whoever the villains might actually be.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry I'm posting a bit erratically right now, I thought the deadline was tonight and I'm going to be on the road right around 7, so I didn't have time to think clearly. Worst case scenario, I get lynched or modkilled and I flip cop, which is not much worse than getting nightkilled or roleblocked for the rest of the game.

Re modkill: I thought the prohibition against posting your role PM was to avoid making arguments based on the exact syntax and formatting of the PMs, not because there can be information in the flavor. Yeah, if people quote their exact role PM and compare them for discrepancies that gives town an unfair advantage, but I figure it has the potential to help both sides equally if you figure out some additional information from the flavor.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Abyssal Squid posted:

Is paraphrasing it okay? I wasn't copying it directly :ohdear:
##vote Taste

Paraphrasing is usually ok yes

Also bluhhh is the deadline really tomorrow? I can guarantee I won't be around because, you know, Thanksgiving and all

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Modtalk: I kinda forgot it was Thanksgiving tomorrow. Would everyone like the deadline extended to Friday?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

As much as I'm against dragging things out, I think it's only fair.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm okay with extending the deadline. Also, I apologize for relatively limited posting -- this has been the busy section of my week. I'm also sorry about loving up the vote formatting; where I usually play, there's at least some manual checking and people vote others with nicknames all the drat time. LEARNING EXPERIENCES!

Anyway:
##vote Tremendous Taste because either that's a gutsy-rear end scum move, in which case we kill Abyssal tomorrow, or we have a cop vote.. EXAKT is also a tempting target, but let's go with the scanned scum first.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I'm fine with extending the vote, I doubt we'll get much more information but there's no real sane alternative.

And yeah, Antivehicular I figured it was an accident because people screw that up all the time, and I had to triple check that there wasn't a space. Hell, my response to BrainParasite was reminding him that Votefinder is really picky assuming he was casting an actual vote.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving! :)

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Sorry I have been WHOA busy happy Thanksgiving~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Abyssal Squid posted:

We're two short (Antivehicular's vote isn't being counted because he put in a space), yuming and EXAKT switch your votes or somebody else vote for BrainParasite. I mean I'd vote for capps but effectively pushing for a no-lynch like BP did is really scummy, we can vote for capps tomorrow if nobody else really sticks out.

yuming, Allen Wren, and Chic Trombone all come off pretty strongly town, BrainParasite strongly scum, and EXAKT Science I'm getting a weak scum vibe (the bandwagon vote for capps was innocuous, but posting without switching to a better lynch candidate as the deadline approaches is suspicious). No read on capps, Taste, or Antivehicular but I'm not expecting a read on capps.

Abyssal Squid posted:

Just laying that all out there in case I get nightkilled, I have to go and won't be back before the deadline.
~feels town~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh and there is a cop claim!

I am also suspicious of EXAKT because his posts are nonsense and not motivated in finding scum.

##vote TT

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Well the deadline was extended to tomorrow, but that's our hammer. :redhammer:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You gather, having made your choice. Tremendous Taste stands cornered, but with a smile on his lips. "Bowies, go back to your rooms. Play with your guitars and your costumes."

What an insufferable jackass. You seize him in your self-helping hands, and a glass ball shatters against the floor.

Tremendous Taste, Jareth, the Goblin King (Bad David Bowie Scum), has no power over you!

It is now Night 2. Please send in your night actions within the next 24 hours. Sorry for the delay, but I had a pretty awful holiday.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You return and notice that one of your number is missing. You search here and there and eventually find Abyssal Squid, face first in what appears to be a snowdrift. Or a blowdrift. He's surrounded by more coke than you could afford if you sold the world. You sweep him away.

Abyssal Squid, David Bowie, Loving Father (Good David Bowie Cop), hit his all-time low!

It is now Day 3! Deadline will be Tuesday, 7PM.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

##vote EXAKT Science

Absolutely no attempt to be helpful or communicate anything, and was backed up by known scum. Barring further developments, I think he's our best shot.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

##vote EXAKT Science

I was suspicious, our cop was suspicious, if this isn't a good call, we'll have to rethink our work, but I like it so far.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Whoa whoa whoa, slow the turbo please? Votefinder's wrong and I'm now at -1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

EXAKT Science (2): Antivehicular, Allen Wren

Not Voting (3): Chic Trombone, EXAKT Science, yuming

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The lyricposting was a posting restriction that I asked EP for before the game started. I thought it would be a bit easier than it was, but I was doing my best to post lyrics to convey my suspicions about people. For obvious reasons, it failed.

Right now, I don't think it's unlikely that one of the people voting for me is scum. They're willing to push me to -1 within an hour of the game's reopening. I have more to say, but it's 4 AM right now, and I am exhausted. I will post more today, as I have a surprise day off!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Please do post more, EXAKT. Mind deciphering what your lyricposts were even intended to mean, first of all?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yea, I'd love to hear what you were trying to say EXAKT!

Please enlighten us~

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Certainly!

EXAKT Science posted:

Watch that man! Oh honey, watch that man
He talks like a jerk but he could eat you with a fork and
spoon
Watch that man! Oh honey, watch that man

##vote Capps

Meta-vote on Capps, because he's a really strong player even if he posts a lot of nonsense.

EXAKT Science posted:

Now your smile is wearing (spreading?) thin
Seems you're trying not to lose

##vote BrainParasite

:redhammer:

BP was playing scummy by pushing for a no-lynch and getting really defensive. Trying not to lose and get lynched, rather than trying to win and scumhunting, is scummy.

EXAKT Science posted:

You are my moon, you are my sun
Heaven knows what you are
Tonight the Zeroes are singing for you
Yes they were

Noooo, capps was town and he's dead. I was bummed because of how strong a town player capps is. "The Zeroes" are a metaphor for scum :eng101:

EXAKT Science posted:

I am barred from the event
I really don't understand the situation
So where's the moral
People have their fingers broken
To be insulted by these fascists it's so degrading
And it's no game

This is my trying to claim my post restriction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That's all well and good, but I still don't see a better option.

• Locked thread