Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

incredible bear posted:

Why do we think Pairs in the KOTR Final are disappearing? Has that been said somewhere official? Makes no sense, because then why would you even bother entering KOTRs realistically?

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?895026-Update-2-Release-Notes

They are pairing the KOTR changes with a new exhibition drop system that features guaranteed pulls from high tiers if you go to long without getting one randomly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
The update is out on iOS, but so far it's only the new ring animations. Apparently the rest of it hasn't been turned on server side yet.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

BlueArmyMan posted:

The update is out on iOS, but so far it's only the new ring animations. Apparently the rest of it hasn't been turned on server side yet.
Seems to be the same on Android.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm most looking forward to the raised to 10 energy card limit and 110 regular limit. Also being able to fill up my SR/UR/Epic card album more quickly is great.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The change to make exhibition more worthwhile is a good one. KOTR is boring and tedious, I like the game so I can sit and class and barely look at the screen and grind exhibitions.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

The Supercard update is now live. KOTR no longer offers a guaranteed pair, even for winners.

Edit:

The new cards look cool. I wish I got a support as a freebie, though.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 26, 2014

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
They added some cards to the lower tiers too, because I just pulled an Uncommon Jimmy Hart.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

BlueArmyMan posted:

The update is out on iOS, but so far it's only the new ring animations.

Has there been a single person that requested new ring animations? I can't be the only one to constantly tap the screen to make all of that stuff go faster. And why do I still need to play the third fall when someone gets 2-0?

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

The new ladder rewards are hilarious. It takes 60,000 games played to be able to make a Pro Survivor John Cena card.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

cams posted:

The change to make exhibition more worthwhile is a good one. KOTR is boring and tedious, I like the game so I can sit and class and barely look at the screen and grind exhibitions.

KOTR rewards are poo poo now. You get 2 legendary cards (not pair) only if you win. A legendary & epic support if you come in second and a legendary if you get into the semi finals. Quarter finals only get an epic and if you don't place, an ultra rare. That's horrible if you're trying to build a legendary team. Who the gently caress needs an ultra rare card at the point you're able to compete in legendary KOTR?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

BlueArmyMan posted:

They added some cards to the lower tiers too, because I just pulled an Uncommon Jimmy Hart.

They added a whole bunch of managers. I've gotten Heyman, Hart, Mr. Fuji, and Lana.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hell yes I got a support Survivor card. It's 'only' a Paul Heyman manager (+29 Pow/Cha to deck), but I'll take it as a regular survivor card isn't gonna matter much while my legend pros are still relevant.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Crap. Fuji? If they added Demolition cards, I may start grinding again.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

smashpro1 posted:

They added a whole bunch of managers. I've gotten Heyman, Hart, Mr. Fuji, and Lana.

Reading through, it also looks like there's Heenan and Paul Bearer too. Kinda cool.

[Edit] looks like the Survivor tier has about 20 more cards than Legendary tier and, though I didn't go count them all, there's a fair few more Divas in there now too. There's some making their Supercard debut too. Also, a couple older legends getting in too (if I get one in particular he'll be my Supercard champ forever and ever).

harperdc fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 26, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Survivor tier has Layla and Cesaro so I'm going to be grinding forever until I get them.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Got to my guy's (final?) WHC match against Orton in MyCareer mode and the crowd chanted BORING until the chain wrestling portion ended. This is a Good Game.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Some of the cards they put into the Survivor tier are hilarious. Can't wait to pull a Survivor Jack Swagger or Rosa Mendes!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Devo posted:

Can't wait to pull a Survivor Jack Swagger

This unironically.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Devo posted:

Some of the cards they put into the Survivor tier are hilarious. Can't wait to pull a Survivor Jack Swagger or Rosa Mendes!

But on the other hand, survivor Rowdy Roddy Piper :allears:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Basic Chunnel posted:

Got to my guy's (final?) WHC match against Orton in MyCareer mode and the crowd chanted BORING until the chain wrestling portion ended. This is a Good Game.

#FEELIT

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
huh you can stockpile up to 10 energy now in KOTR mode

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

triplexpac posted:

huh you can stockpile up to 10 energy now in KOTR mode

Just in time for the rewards to stink!

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

They've nerfed ongoing KOTRs, too. That's annoying, I was hoping for one more easy epic. Failing to qualify for Legendary KOTR gets you two random, useless, ultra rares.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Genericide posted:

They've nerfed ongoing KOTRs, too. That's annoying, I was hoping for one more easy epic. Failing to qualify for Legendary KOTR gets you two random, useless, ultra rares.

Yeah, I woke up this morning and instead of getting a Legendary + an Epic boost I just got a Legendary

I'm hoping a lot of people will be moving up to Suvivor KOTR, clearing the way for me to sandbag Legendary :smug:

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

triplexpac posted:

Yeah, I woke up this morning and instead of getting a Legendary + an Epic boost I just got a Legendary

I'm hoping a lot of people will be moving up to Suvivor KOTR, clearing the way for me to sandbag Legendary :smug:

I wonder how many people are attempting to sandbag Survivor KoTR while everyone they're competing against have to have pretty much the same power cards to get into KoTR. If I'm not mistaken it took me 5 legendary pros to break into Survivor KoTR, so I just dumped all my other legendary pros on my bench so I could switch people out instead of using energy.

It's not like Legendary where you can sandbag and compete against people who are running epic pros. At least not currently. But it wouldn't surprise me if people were still attempting to sandbag because that's how they've done it for so long. Once people get a bunch of Survivor pros sandbagging will make a comeback, but right now everyone's on a level playing field so you might as well run the max team you can and save yourself having to farm energy non-stop.

On the good news front, my freebie survivor card was Brie Bella! So now I can stop using my legendary Nikki (not pro) and use someone who can win a match on occasion. On the downside, my prize for coming in 2nd in legendary KoTR this morning was a single Ryback (and some epic power-up card I didn't need). So I just fed him to Brie.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Happitoo posted:

I wonder how many people are attempting to sandbag Survivor KoTR while everyone they're competing against have to have pretty much the same power cards to get into KoTR. If I'm not mistaken it took me 5 legendary pros to break into Survivor KoTR, so I just dumped all my other legendary pros on my bench so I could switch people out instead of using energy.

It's not like Legendary where you can sandbag and compete against people who are running epic pros. At least not currently. But it wouldn't surprise me if people were still attempting to sandbag because that's how they've done it for so long. Once people get a bunch of Survivor pros sandbagging will make a comeback, but right now everyone's on a level playing field so you might as well run the max team you can and save yourself having to farm energy non-stop.

On the good news front, my freebie survivor card was Brie Bella! So now I can stop using my legendary Nikki (not pro) and use someone who can win a match on occasion. On the downside, my prize for coming in 2nd in legendary KoTR this morning was a single Ryback (and some epic power-up card I didn't need). So I just fed him to Brie.

Yeah unfortunately I don't think I have enough Legendary pros to really be effective at Survivor KOTR. If I had enough for a full roster I'd try for sure, but I just know my Epic Pros will hold me back.

My freebie Survivor Card was Eva. I already have a LegendPro Nikki so I don't really need it, but at least it's a snazzy new avatar for me.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The EA UFC game is $13 on Xbox One right now. Is it worth it?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
The increased likelihood of a good exhibition card given out seems true. Just got a Survivor Rowdy Roddy Piper while still only being at the early stages of the "Survivor" band (as opposed to Survivor++)

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Daniel Bryan posted:

The EA UFC game is $13 on Xbox One right now. Is it worth it?

I played it on the ps4, but I'd say $13 is a good price. They've improved and added a lot of stuff since release. I personally enjoyed the striking and grappling/submission system. The only thing that was kinda meh was how quickly you could max out your stats and become a flash KO master. I won't lie though, repeatedly murdering Frank Mir with knees to the face from a muay Thai clinch was always fun.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

incredible bear posted:

The increased likelihood of a good exhibition card given out seems true. Just got a Survivor Rowdy Roddy Piper while still only being at the early stages of the "Survivor" band (as opposed to Survivor++)

Was it you guaranteed survivor or is that your second survivor?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Second survivor, my guaranteed one was Shawn Michaels, so I've done alright for a day's work.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I realize that some people would be jealous, but I'm suddenly inundated with divas. The last 3 KOTRs I've won, my prizes were 2x Legendary Nikka Bella, then 2x Legendary Brie Bella, then 2x Legendary Stephanie, then they ended the 2x Legendary prizes. Fine, whatever. Then, for my token survivor I got Rosa Mendes. I mean jeez, it's really unhelpful at this point.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I realize that some people would be jealous, but I'm suddenly inundated with divas. The last 3 KOTRs I've won, my prizes were 2x Legendary Nikka Bella, then 2x Legendary Brie Bella, then 2x Legendary Stephanie, then they ended the 2x Legendary prizes. Fine, whatever. Then, for my token survivor I got Rosa Mendes. I mean jeez, it's really unhelpful at this point.

I had a similar thing when I got to Legendary...got Natalya as my guarantee, then won another Natalya, a Cameron, Steph, Nikki and two Bries as assorted KOTR rewards. All this after not having drawn a single Diva since Rare.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Where do you get these freebie survivor cards from? Or do you need to be at a certain rank to get them or what?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Where do you get these freebie survivor cards from? Or do you need to be at a certain rank to get them or what?

Freebie being "the one you're guaranteed to get for joining the tier". Others are being drawn from Exhibition wins. If that's the case it bodes well for me in Legendary now.

Also whoever keeps pulling Divas like CM Punk needs to send that mojo this way, I'm still on the pro ladder Paige.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV7or3kLLmE

Early 2k16 footage spotted

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
You have to give credit to Brock Lesnar.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
ON HIS CHEST TWO AND YAH!!

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Got another TEW question. When should I capitalize on my spillover popularity and perform in those regions?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
for the next 38 minutes, Amazon Lightning Deal with a $15 Amazon Credit when purchasing the PS4 version at full price