Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

A missive to Emperor Maximillian II from Suleiman I, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire posted:

I have just received word of your recent arrangements with Don Carlos, and the news filled my heart with grief. Are your Christian nations so desperate to wed your daughters away that you would unleash even a Spaniard in their bedchambers? My own Rayize and Mihrimah were matched to supporters within my own court, to great joy and great prosperity.

I grieve, my friend, that you have found yourself in such dire ways. But I am also set to cares, that this sucking Spanish lamprey would use your astounding mercy towards it to leap the Mediterranian, and thereby adhere and irritate my own belly. This I cannot allow.

So I ask merely for some token of your faith as a neighbor, that this Catholic necessity will not sour the goodwill between us. Perhaps your new son-in-law could be pressed to prove himself useful, and grant you one of the fine baubles he clutches.

Allah's blessing be unto you,
His Magnificence, Suleiman I the Lawgiver

Addendum: Please pay no mind to the commotion in Belgrade. I am merely honoring a commemorative ceremony with a military parade. These men are at rest, and hold no enmity in their hearts. I am told that Commander Mehmed has even expressed a desire to visit Vienna some day.

Ottoman Tribute, declaring war on the HRE and gaining 2CP. Spain, then HRE may offer tribute--my choice of a random card or random treasure. If I accept (which I gladly will), I call off the war declaration and draw a card from the draw deck.

EDIT: Grammar.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Bring it infidel!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

A regrettable decision. We could have had peace. I do not anticipate the Spaniard will return you to your senses.

1CP - Mehmed will lead a force of eight infantry and one cavalry to Angram. HRE, do you wish to attempt an intercept?

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 24, 2014

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Wait no, no interception

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

1CP - Move the same force to Graz. Interception?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Nah, I will stay put

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Then I have no treasure to continue the action. Pass to Spain.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Ottoman plays Ottoman Tribute for the event. Spain and the HRE decline to give Tribute. Ottoman and the HRE are now At War.

Ottoman moves Mehmed, eight Regulars, and a Cavalry to Agram and then to Graz. HRE declines to intercept.

Map and Diplomatic Status updated.

Spain, please post your impulse. The Deadline is Tuesday, November 24th at 10 PM.

Ottoman - 1 Home, 4 Event, 0 Treasure
Spain - 1 Home, 6 Event, 1 Treasure
England - 1 Home, 4 Event, 0 Treasure
France - 1 Home, 4 Event, 0 Treasure
HRE - 1 Home, 4 Event, 0 Treasure
Protestant - 1 Home, 4 Event, 0 Treasure

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
Playing Conquest of the Phillippines for the event.

"Add a Spanish control marker to the Phillippines space. Add 1 treasure to the 5th treasure box immediately. Spain also adds 1 treasure to this box at the start of each turn for the rest of the game."

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Spain plays Conquest of the Phillippines for the event. Spain places a Control marker in the Philippines and a Fifth Treasure is added to the board.

Map updated.

England, please post your impulse. The Deadline is Wednesday, November 26th at 10 PM.

Spain - 1 Home, 5 Event, 1 Treasure
England - 1 Home, 4 Event, 0 Treasure
France - 1 Home, 4 Event, 0 Treasure

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Sorry, Charlie, but you're kind of on the opposite side of our enemy right now. It wouldn't work.

England plays The Virgin Queen for the lower event, breaking off the engagement between Elizabeth I and Charles II of Austria!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Okay, maybe I'm missing something because I haven't spent much time with the marriage rules (useless as they are to Suleiman), but I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd want to marry Elizabeth I.

I mean, I get that the groom gets free mercenaries as a consolation prize. But what does England getting out of the arrangement that's worth throwing away an impulse and a 5CP card? Is it purely a bargaining chip, or is England getting some kind of reward that I'm oblivious to?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Gutter Owl posted:

Okay, maybe I'm missing something because I haven't spent much time with the marriage rules (useless as they are to Suleiman), but I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd want to marry Elizabeth I.

I mean, I get that the groom gets free mercenaries as a consolation prize. But what does England getting out of the arrangement that's worth throwing away an impulse and a 5CP card? Is it purely a bargaining chip, or is England getting some kind of reward that I'm oblivious to?

England also gets a card draw out of playing the event, so at worst, playing Virgin Queen to jilt comes out as a wash for England, depending on what they get out of negotiations. Once a male English Royal comes out, England can also self-jilt, though it's probably not worth it unless you're feeling lucky.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I did give England 4 mercenaries and the option to be best buds

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

France Impulse: Play Gouvernante de France for the +2 to Wedding Festivities on the Valois/Philip II marriage, draw a card. End Impulse.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Goodness, you guys are quick. If everyone's alright with it, I can update every 12 hours instead of every 24. I originally went with 24 hours to give everyone enough time to react to things, but it looks like you guys are on top of it.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I'll be busy for the rest of the day due to the holiday, so the update is early. The Deadline will also be extended due to the holiday, but if I get the orders I'll update Thursday night. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

England plays Virgin Queen to jilt Charles II of Austria. England draws a card.

HRE rolls on the Jilted by Elizabeth Table: 1

It really wouldn't work out. No effect.

France plays Gouvernante de France, adding the Wedding Festivities marker to the marriage of Philip II and Elisabeth de Valois. France draws a card.

Wedding Table and Power Cards updated.

HRE, please post your impulse. The Deadline is Friday, November 28th at 10 PM.

England - 0 Home, 5 Event, 0 Treasure
France - 0 Home, 5 Event, 0 Treasure

Taran_Wanderer fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 27, 2014

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Well that engagement went poorly.

Will play Sack for Ops, build 2M in Szigetvar and move the stack of 3R, 3M and Zryini to Graz. Ottoman's cannot avoid battle so I will also show of my Elite Troops for for 3 extra dice.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

I'll deliver the Tilbury Speech for 2 extra dice of my own.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Do I not get the card draw until the next turn, then?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Card draw happens immediately.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Majumbo posted:

Well that engagement went poorly.

Will play Sack for Ops, build 2M in Szigetvar and move the stack of 3R, 3M and Zryini to Graz. Ottoman's cannot avoid battle so I will also show of my Elite Troops for for 3 extra dice.

You don't have a card named Sack!

Davin Valkri posted:

Do I not get the card draw until the next turn, then?

Your hand link should be updated with your newly drawn card.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Taran_Wanderer posted:

You don't have a card named Sack!

Your hand link should be updated with your newly drawn card.

Whoops, got my games confused. Spanish Fury!

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
HRE plays Spanish Fury for 4 CPs.
HRE spends 2 CPs to build 2 Mercenaries in Szigetvár.
HRE spends 1 CP to move Zrinyi, 3 Mercenaries, and 3 Regulars to Graz, triggering a Field Battle.

HRE plays Elite Troops, giving him a total of 10 Battle Dice.
Ottoman plays Tilbury Speech, giving him a total of 13 Battle Dice.

HRE roll: 1,4,3,6,2,4,2,2,2,5
HRE scores two hits.

Ottoman roll: 3,2,4,2,4,4,5,3,3,3,1,2,5
Ottoman scores two hits.

Ottoman wins the battle.

Ottoman, HRE, please declare losses. HRE, please select a space to retreat to and how you will spend the remaining CP. The Deadline is Friday, November 28th at 10 PM.

Ottoman - 1 Home, 3 Event, 0 Treasure
HRE - 1 Home, 2 Event, 0 Treasure

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Lose 2 Mercs. I have to retreat back to Szigetvar since it's the space I came from. Last CP to put a Merc in Vienna

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Cavalry and regular.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
HRE eliminates 2 Mercenaries.
Ottoman eliminates a Cavalry and a Regular.
HRE retreats to Szigetvár.

HRE spends one CP to recruit a Mercenary in Vienna.

Map updated.

Protestant, please post your impulse. The Deadline is Saturday, November 29th at 10 PM, but if you post earlier I'll update tonight.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Calvinist Zeal for the religious conversions event.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Protestant plays Calvanist Zeal for the religious conversions event.

Roll for France: 6,4,2,4,1,3,4
Protestant scores one major conversion, three minor conversions, and an unrest

Roll for Netherlands: 6,3,4,4,3,5,1
Protestant scores one major conversion, three minor conversions, and an unrest.

Protestant, please resolve religious conversions. The Deadline is Saturday, November 29th at 10 PM, but if you post earlier I'll update tonight.

Protestant - 0 Home, 4 Event, 0 Treasure

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

France: Convert Cognac, Poitiers, Caen, Bordeaux (major). Unrest in Bordeaux.

Netherlands: Expand Amsterdam (major), Covert Haarlem, Utrecht, Alkimar. Unrest in Haarlem.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Ottoman
Play Grand Vizier for 5CP

1CP - Move lone Cavalry from Belgrade to Agram. HRE, intercept?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
No intercept

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

1CP - Take control of Agram
1CP - Take control of Graz

1CP - Mehmet and his seven buddies move into Szigetvar.

HRE, are we fighting, or you just gonna cry about it inside the castle?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Totally hiding!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

1CP - Move two regulars from Buda to Pressburg, putting it under siege as well.

End turn.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
In France, Protestant converts Cognac, Poitiers, Caen, and Bordeaux, placing the unrest in Bordeaux.
In the Netherlands, converts Amsterdam, Haarlem, Utrecht, and Alkimar, placing the unrest in Haarlem.

Protestant now has 24 spaces and 2 VP. Spain has 16 VP. England has 7 VP.

Ottoman Impulse

Ottoman plays Grand Vizier for 5 CP.
Ottoman spends 1 CP to move the cavalry from Belgrade to Agram. HRE declines to intercept.
Ottoman spends 2 CP to take control of Agram and Graz.
Ottoman spends 1 CP to move Mehmed and 7 Regulars from Graz to Szigetvár. HRE retreats into Siege.
Ottoman spends 1 CP to move 2 Regulars from Buda to Pressburg.

Map, Power Cards, Protestant Spaces, and VP Chart updated.

Spain, please post your impulse. The Deadline is Saturday, November 29th at 10 PM.

Ottoman - 0 Home, 3 Event, 0 Treasure
Protestant - 0 Home, 4 Event, 0 Treasure

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Due to circumstances, COOL CORN will no longer be able to keep up with the game. StashAugustine will be taking over as Spain. Due to this, I'm extending the Deadline to Sunday, November 30th at 10 PM. Please PM him regarding any discussions you may have had during the Diplomacy Phase.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

(correct me if I do something wrong)

Spain plays Sack for 5 CP

Spain moves galleys (including Papacy?) from Messina to Tyrrhenian Sea
Spain moves galleys from Tyrrenian Sea to Barbary Coast

Can the Ottomans intercept?

e:also is the map up-to-date?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

I can (since your ships are moving into a sea with no friendly pieces), but I decline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Move Duke of Alva and friends from Zargoza to Valencia
Move regular from Barcelona to Valencia
Move whole stack from Valencia to Cartagena

End impulse.

• Locked thread