Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Horse Factory with bicycles is the next thing I need to try, that was pretty great and a must-bookmark, thanks for the laughs.

Alright back to making my own races

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

MrLonghair posted:

Horse Factory with bicycles is the next thing I need to try, that was pretty great and a must-bookmark, thanks for the laughs.

Alright back to making my own races

I will unironically race that. Just let me use a lawnmower or golf cart.

Snaggletooth
Mar 15, 2002
I wish for fiery refinery stacks a la blade runner.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Scyron posted:

I will unironically race that. Just let me use a lawnmower or golf cart.

The problem is running the test race to verify it for publishing. If I had the time do to 99 laps of it I would, before unleashing it, but this is just one checkpoint in every corner of the map, and boats.

I recommend giving my http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/MrLonghair/games/gtav/jobs/job/Gpf2wa1xOEi8_AQN8_h7ow?platformId=11 a shot for on the road action. Would unironically race that one with bicycles.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pretty sure your thumb would fall off doing that. I'd only do that with bicycles if it was GTA with traffic... ;)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

HEED MY WORDS AND YOU SHALL ALL BE PLEASED

Fill you first a room with goones

Race: any
Type: GTA
Class: motorcycles
Team GTA: YES

E: Customs off

titties fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 27, 2014

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

That might have been the mission where I got a wanted level because a random cop rear-ended me while chasing an npc.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

titties posted:

HEED MY WORDS AND YOU SHALL ALL BE PLEASED

Fill you first a room with goones

Race: any
Type: GTA
Class: motorcycles
Team GTA: YES

E: Customs off
There should be a race option in the creator called 'on foot' and you start on the beach at the northern point of the island and the winner is the first person to get to the airport.

I tried making one of these, the nearest I got was a bike race where I reminded people in the description they could get off the bikes and steal a car.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Haha. That explains all the wrecks. Normally I'm pretty good on the akuma, though that mission was just a disaster. The guy in he banshee had wrecked, I was just pulling out my shotgun to kill him and you ran over me killing me. :v:

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Well last night was.. better. For awhile at least. My buddy, Kelly and I managed to stick together for awhile and chased some white dots, which was what this game is all about and should forever BE about. Every day seems like a slight improvement over the previous. So, by Christmas, it might actually be somewhat stable and good again like it eventually (somewhat) got to be on the PS3.

This is also the first generation where actually using a mic as well, which is actually better than I expected. Now if I can just refrain from cursing so much. Ah, gently caress it.. that's fun in and of itself.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There should be a race option in the creator called 'on foot' and you start on the beach at the northern point of the island and the winner is the first person to get to the airport.

I tried making one of these, the nearest I got was a bike race where I reminded people in the description they could get off the bikes and steal a car.

What if you made a cage in the creator so you'd have to get off the bike to leave?

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

geeves posted:

Haha. That explains all the wrecks. Normally I'm pretty good on the akuma, though that mission was just a disaster. The guy in he banshee had wrecked, I was just pulling out my shotgun to kill him and you ran over me killing me. :v:

Was it you or Geebs that blew me out of the sky lastnight? I got into a room with a bunch of people in it but only 1 other goon who happened to have a bounty so I grabbed my buzzard and flew over in his direction when something locked on to me and fired and missed. The next rocket blew me up so hard I dropped due to a network error before I respawned.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Well last night was.. better. For awhile at least. My buddy, Kelly and I managed to stick together for awhile and chased some white dots, which was what this game is all about and should forever BE about. Every day seems like a slight improvement over the previous. So, by Christmas, it might actually be somewhat stable and good again like it eventually (somewhat) got to be on the PS3.

This is also the first generation where actually using a mic as well, which is actually better than I expected. Now if I can just refrain from cursing so much. Ah, gently caress it.. that's fun in and of itself.

That was a good time...and we only had one connection error!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

geeves posted:

Yeah sorry about that. :(

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Thaxxas posted:

Was it you or Geebs that blew me out of the sky lastnight? I got into a room with a bunch of people in it but only 1 other goon who happened to have a bounty so I grabbed my buzzard and flew over in his direction when something locked on to me and fired and missed. The next rocket blew me up so hard I dropped due to a network error before I respawned.

No, I blew us up at the crane with a grenade that I threw which bounced back at us while killing that kid in the jester.

Feenix posted:

Yeah sorry about that. :(

No worries! Wish I had saved it because it was rather fun.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Thaxxas posted:

That was me (I am Geebs...confusing with Geeves here too haha) but yeah when I am 30 minutes deep into a 9k bounty I just shoot anything I see, especially helicopters.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
gently caress this game reminds me of old school mmos where poo poo would be fun if you could just actually not disconnect

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

rally posted:

That was me (I am Geebs...confusing with Geeves here too haha) but yeah when I am 30 minutes deep into a 9k bounty I just shoot anything I see, especially helicopters.

It was glorious. I have no idea where the gently caress you were. I was looking for you in a car before I got the buzzard, and then I got the buzzard and I still couldn't find you. If there wasn't anyone else around to shoot I may have taken a crack at that 9K and actually got to see the whites of your eyes before you smoked me lol.

As for that grenade Geeves, if I remember correctly I seen it a fraction of a second before it went off. Totally worth it if the white dot died too.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
After a few days trying, I'm not really seeing the appeal at the moment. There is way too much waiting and getting people to join jobs is like pulling teeth.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Wheany posted:

and getting people to join jobs is like pulling teeth.

I've managed to join one job successfully via the phone, and that was Horse Factory :smith:

Once they fix that, drops, crashes, framedrops, long loads, slow responses from servers, random errors, floatier than it should be driving, wacky AI, buggy AI it'll be p.neat

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Wheany posted:

After a few days trying, I'm not really seeing the appeal at the moment. There is way too much waiting and getting people to join jobs is like pulling teeth.

Online connectivity still isn't working 100%.. That said, jobs are 100x more fun with goons or friends. Pubbies can be good, but in my experience 9/10 of them gently caress everything up, blow up the goal, quit early, die a bunch of times, etc. I can see this being horrible right now for people just starting out with fresh characters but coming in from previous generation with all my stuff is letting me have a blast killing dots on free mode.

Last night was ridiculous - I must have had 100 kills or more during my bounty. I started it off going over to my tank and letting a few pubbies close in on me before getting in and killing all of them. Then I just drove in circles killing those same dots over and over again until the tank blew up. At that point I was already near my personal vehicle so I drove over to the buzzard and continued the killing spree from on top of/around the maze bank building. That is right about when you caught me, Thaxxas.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hell froze over and I was put in a lobby with goons. Yay.

Also online seems to be getting better, It's much less common for me to be in a lobby alone and I can generally accept job invites.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Put walls around the starting point that they have to climb over.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

rally posted:

Online connectivity still isn't working 100%

Yeesh, still? I didn't do anything besides port my character for basically this reason. Plus I really wanted to replay single player. The limit is high enough not to have to prune people from LLJK, right?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Prokhor posted:

What if you made a cage in the creator so you'd have to get off the bike to leave?

Malakai made an actual triathlon using that premise, but someone figured out how to get a car anyway.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeesh, still? I didn't do anything besides port my character for basically this reason. Plus I really wanted to replay single player. The limit is high enough not to have to prune people from LLJK, right?

yeah, not for a long long while.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

Put walls around the starting point that they have to climb over.

Prokhor posted:

I didn't get what you meant by cage at first but yes, this would work too.

At the moment the few test sessions I've run have shown people tend to bike to the highway, steal something faster, then quit just outside the city once they realise how long it is.

I've also stuck blockades along the major routes to add extra challenge.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

ElwoodCuse posted:

I believe the limit is 1000 and we have 243 members currently.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I didn't get what you meant by cage at first but yes, this would work too.

At the moment the few test sessions I've run have shown people tend to bike to the highway, steal something faster, then quit just outside the city once they realise how long it is.

I've also stuck blockades along the major routes to add extra challenge.

I made a couple of races like this. Building an enclosure and putting the starting grid in there works, but you have to do a couple things since you can't get out of your vehicle or off of a bicycle in creator (at least not on last gen).

Place 3 steps made of flat wooden piles from the construction props against the blue barrier (floating props L3R3). Then set the default vehicle to the Akuma or bati. Now you can do a wheelie hop over the wooden steps and test the race on a bike. When the test is complete reset the available vehicles to only bicycles.

So of course, races like this only work in GTA mode, which can make the race to the first checkpoint a big PITA. If you make a north to south no checkpoint GTA mode race that starts on foot may god have mercy on your evil, black soul.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

so are y'all actually playing together now 'cause I'd like to do that

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Disable Traffic, enable Wanted Levels, and in my dream - Enable wild animals.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

rally posted:

Pubbies can be good, but in my experience 9/10 of them gently caress everything up, die a bunch of times, etc.
Fortunately, we fine goonsirs of LLJK never have these problems.

I swear I'm actually a decent player, guys :negative:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

MrLonghair posted:

Disable Traffic, enable Wanted Levels, and in my dream - Enable wild animals.

Well, the idea was to have people steal a car, so no traffic just makes it a regular-rear end bicycle race.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

It's so much more stable online now, but the framerates drop to single digits when doing what you do in a Buzzard :(

Hugh Malone posted:

Well, the idea was to have people steal a car, so no traffic just makes it a regular-rear end bicycle race.

I may have confused it with the on-foot race plan, which I totally would do and verify and get uploaded and mass-invite 30 pubbies into.

Just been hard to get the "enable GTA mode successfully so that people can leave their bikes, climb and proceed on foot + fistfights.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MrLonghair posted:

It's so much more stable online now, but the framerates drop to single digits when doing what you do in a Buzzard :(

The frame rates take a poo poo even when more than 5 players enter a couple block radius.

I still watch npc cars vanish, reappear, slide sideways, etc...

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

MrLonghair posted:

I may have confused it with the on-foot race plan, which I totally would do and verify and get uploaded and mass-invite 30 pubbies into.

Just been hard to get the "enable GTA mode successfully so that people can leave their bikes, climb and proceed on foot + fistfights.

Do you mean proceed on foot without any weapons, only able to fist fight? Yeah, don't think we can do that.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

Do you mean proceed on foot without any weapons, only able to fist fight? Yeah, don't think we can do that.

Had it happen on Horse Factory when all-motorcycles. Was unable to get far enough for GTA mode to even activate ("bwomp" and screenflash of weapons becoming active) on the maps I tried to make, may have bugged something out though, all checkpoints rendered on the map but never in the actual game, nor did they work.

A triathlon would be fun to design!

e: helicopter races would be more fun to design if they were less picky about checkpoint spacing and geometry-collision, and this one was not fun nor challenging.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 28, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Hugh Malone posted:

You can force weapons to Pick Up only for GTA Races in the hosting menu I believe. I like making silly bike races so I tend to force sawn-offs and regular pistols, using AP pistol/SMG as the out-of-the-way super powerup.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm drunk on tryptophan and green beans, who is down to gently caress up the streets? scyron57 on psn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Scyron posted:

I'm drunk on tryptophan and green beans, who is down to gently caress up the streets? scyron57 on psn.

Thursdays are my late night to work. I'll be on in a few hours though!

• Locked thread