Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

NippleFloss posted:

"Hahaha, gently caress all of you grandpas who are too old to enjoy life!"

<works through his holidays and thinks about nothing but a completely meaningless midlevel corporate IT job>

I have lots of money; who cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Don't know why you people are still engaging him. He comes in here once a month and posts something stupid and provocative out of absolutely nowhere and gets 30 bites on it, then backseat moderates and says it's getting off topic, then fucks off for another month. It should be obvious by now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

You have a modest amount of money, but to answer your question, nobody, literally nobody on earth cares, but you keep posting about it anyway.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Methanar fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 6, 2016

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Che Delilas posted:

Don't know why you people are still engaging him. He comes in here once a month and posts something stupid and provocative out of absolutely nowhere and gets 30 bites on it, then backseat moderates and says it's getting off topic, then fucks off for another month. It should be obvious by now.

It's not like there's anything more interesting or important going on in the thread right now.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
nvm

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Che Delilas posted:

His meltdowns are the best part of this thread.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Post a screen shot of your bank account

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Che Delilas posted:

"Wow that's a lot of posts since I last checked, I wonder if... yep."

I mean, it doesn't really matter if he's trolling or not. He's getting the attention he wants either way.

"heh, 45 posts. bet it's DAF"

CloFan posted:

Post a screen shot of your bank account

looks like this

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

They're not meltdowns. DaF is just that much better than all of us. Who needs family and friends when you have servers. They can be your friends.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

There are some of us of us who don't have a family or one we'd rather not spend time with for perfectly legitimate reasons and instead put all our time into our careers.

It feels good but I guarantee you in the long run it'll chew you out and burn every last bit of your soul.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Funniest thing I have ever read

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

The thing is though, remember when he was just corvettefisher? Remember when he was downtrodden and didn't speak up for himself, had to deal with a 24 drive RAID 0, and SHSC spent a bunch of time telling him to grow a spine?

It's just hilarious to me that he seems to have done so, only the spine twisted horribly during the growth process and now he's got a huge chip on his shoulder for unfathomable reasons and spends a bunch of time not only hugely overcompensating for once being an irrelevant nothing but firmly denying that it's anything of the sort.

I guess what I'm saying is spergs gonna sperg, and I'm ever so grateful because it's more laughs for the :10bux: . God I love this forum! </down(s)periscope>

P.S. DAF, if you ever need a new job, I'm happy to pay you $110k. Don't worry your contract will only be for 80 hours a week - almost nothing really. I mean if you want to work more on top of that that's good too and you should probably do that to make sure you're really the best worker at the company - we don't like subpar performance around here.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
The only thing better than working two $50k jobs is working three $50k jobs.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Misogynist posted:

The only thing better than working two $50k jobs is working three $50k jobs.

Hah! SA needs a like button because that's all I want to do to this post.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I consider myself a huge narcissist, constantly thinking I'm very intelligent and I'll get very far in my career.

I would still never, ever say whatever the gently caress DAF says in his over the top meltdowns. Dude, you seriously need to see someone (a professional someone), if you're like that to people you actually meet in person you're probably one of the most insufferable guys I've come to know.

HTH,

Someone who doesn't make a lot of money like you, you awesome beast.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Potato Alley posted:

The thing is though, remember when he was just corvettefisher? Remember when he was downtrodden and didn't speak up for himself, had to deal with a 24 drive RAID 0, and SHSC spent a bunch of time telling him to grow a spine?

It's just hilarious to me that he seems to have done so, only the spine twisted horribly during the growth process and now he's got a huge chip on his shoulder for unfathomable reasons and spends a bunch of time not only hugely overcompensating for once being an irrelevant nothing but firmly denying that it's anything of the sort.

He hasn't grown a spine though, just found a better paying job that lets him work even more hours

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
Good morning to you too, manchildren

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I make more money than DaF, and I work 37,5 hour weeks as a helpdesk monkey.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

evobatman posted:

I make more money than DaF, and I work 37,5 hour weeks as a helpdesk monkey.

37 5 hour work weeks per year should be the new norm rather than the usual 50 40 hour work weeks per year.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

37 5 hour work weeks per year should be the new norm rather than the usual 50 40 hour work weeks per year.

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
I'm tasting the sweetest revenge you can dream of. Seen a very comprehensive the big boss for giving my resignation, completely bypassing my manager. This moron is directly responsible for three departures in 6 months (nice average) - bad luck, all three are people the General Manager estimates in key roles, including me. He is destined to have a really nice meeting tomorrow morning, which he doesn't even expect. :commissar: Too bad he can't be fired as he's here thanks to the shareholders.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

family can wait servers/storage/network can not.

Motion to make this the new thread title.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Posting before I read the 60 posts, would bet money its DAF.

Edit: I should probably guess a phrase in the future, would make it harder to guess.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 28, 2014

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

psydude posted:

I concur.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

psydude posted:

Agreed.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

psydude posted:

The yays have it!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Can't you just section out how WSUS updates clients? Then again this assumes you are doing a proper OU/AD/WSUS infrastructure.

You can state which updates are approved for what groupings but no, it's not defined by wsus. Wsus configuration is basically for the downloading and approval of updates. Everything else is client settings through gpo which you can split up and define by ou.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
'Company men' are great because they never see it coming

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

go3 posted:

'Company men' are great because they never see it coming

Company men are enemies of the worker

and I can't wait for them all to be hung from the server racks

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chickenwalker fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 1, 2019

mewse
May 2, 2006

Chickenwalker posted:

I'm working as a catch-all post-production support guy. We maintain all the edits, media servers, A/V equipment, client PCs and keep the network going. I work 60 hours a week and get paid less than $40k a year. How badly am I being screwed?

family can wait servers/storage/network can not.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Chickenwalker posted:

I'm working as a catch-all post-production support guy. We maintain all the edits, media servers, A/V equipment, client PCs and keep the network going. I work 60 hours a week and get paid less than $40k a year. How badly am I being screwed?
About a 6/10 on the DAF scale for the pay, but the >40 hours a week lowers you to a 4.5/10 - so it could be a lot worse.

What do you mean by edits? Do actually do the video editing yourself? Where in the country do you work?

In general, that is not horrible for client support type roles, but not great either.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Uh, that sounds pretty awful man. Unpaid overtime? Where are you located, what are the benefits? It doesn't really matter what you answer though, you're still being underpaid

mewse
May 2, 2006

Oh wait -- post-production? I worked at a VFX shop and it was horrible. Get out of there.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chickenwalker fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 1, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Chickenwalker posted:

I work in NYC. We don't edit but we maintain all the Avid PCs/Macs and troubleshoot if there are any problems with projects or media, which there are almost constantly. It's not an exclusively client support role though, because we manage the network and storage too. I'm planning on getting some certifications to see if I can get a little more authority and pay but I don't know. I have a film school background not CS, and even though I know my poo poo I don't know if I could get anyplace else to give me the time of day without meeting the typical prerequisites. And this job is slowly killing my prospects of getting an actual production position, even if it is a stable paycheck.

With the hours I work I make roughly $11/hour which really sucks, I feel like I should be making closer to $60-70k.

A friend's daughter makes $10.50/hr working at Old Navy

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Chickenwalker posted:

With the hours I work I make roughly $11/hour which really sucks, I feel like I should be making closer to $60-70k.

Don't ever let a potential future employer know that you're only making $11.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Chickenwalker posted:

:a2m:

Guess which one is you. Hint: it's the one on the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooky
Oct 2, 2013
Yep, that's about what I expected for +71 posts

New thread title please