Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
^^^ I'll try to get on in a little bit, my brother is playing Steamworld Dig right now.

Also, I think I've got a good gimmick to mess with pubbies who have mics. Convert them to The Epsilon Program! Just dress in light blue, clean yourself up a little bit and spread the good word of Chris Fromage to the criminal underbelly of Los Santos.

PSN is The_Maniac_Cop. Kifflom, Brother-Brother!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
In on my way home from the pub but last night was good goon times, I was glad to shoot some pubbies with the Buzzard's slow rear end missile camera, and Horse Factory with vans was an amazing disgrace (gently caress you clown vans).

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Disable Traffic, enable Wanted Levels, and in my dream - Enable wild animals.
Ohh, extra wild animals would be amazing.

My favourite thing about it was the screams of disappointment from the people who tried to take the tunnel round the east side of mount chiliad, only to find the southernmost entrance blocked off by boards. There are a couple of points I blocked off major / obvious roads to try and encourage panic driving.

I should really polish it off and link it so you guys can do a next gen version, because I am a poor with only an Xbox 360 to my name.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Interesting. The orange ball that sits on top of the juice stands near Grapeseed and the observatory no longer despawns when you roll or drive it away. It only despawned after I died.

I was able to take this one into Los Santos for a round of bowling on the freeway. I guess this means that we can also have car soccer matches now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Best activity for leveling?

Best activity for money?

(I'm level 37)

I ask because leaving and joining matches takes like 5 loving minutes.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Feenix posted:

Best activity for money?

(I'm level 37)

a bunch of us are on in a lobby right now. we can probably get some missions together.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Scyron posted:

a bunch of us are on in a lobby right now. we can probably get some missions together.

That'd be cool but it's only 6p west coast and we're still Thanksgiving-ing. :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So what did 1.04 actually fix? Can I put turbo back on my cars now?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Feenix posted:

Best activity for money?

(I'm level 37)

I've just been doing contact missions. Seems to be the best if you aren't playing with idiots.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Aardmania posted:

Interesting. The orange ball that sits on top of the juice stands near Grapeseed and the observatory no longer despawns when you roll or drive it away. It only despawned after I died.

I was able to take this one into Los Santos for a round of bowling on the freeway. I guess this means that we can also have car soccer matches now.

This is the best thing about next gen. Now if only they can add it to the creator :(

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

I've just been doing contact missions. Seems to be the best if you aren't playing with idiots.

And doubly so if you are playing with idiots-if they suck at the game I just end up solo-speedrunning the mission while they gently caress about, and if they're just general dickheads that don't suck I "suffer a tragic fate" and go make a sandwich while they make me money.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Really wish there was some kind of "lock pick" stat or something. Half the time I swipe a jet, my dude ends up shattering the cockpit glass which completely destroys the FPS mode gauges and meters that make it a better view mode. It's bad enough that there are multiple types of Lazer with different HUDs but good lord could my guy please stop smashing the glass in?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Really wish there was some kind of "lock pick" stat or something. Half the time I swipe a jet, my dude ends up shattering the cockpit glass which completely destroys the FPS mode gauges and meters that make it a better view mode. It's bad enough that there are multiple types of Lazer with different HUDs but good lord could my guy please stop smashing the glass in?
NO! :colbert: Smash all windows, all the time.
Like when shooting from your car you bash the window but if you give someone the finger you wind it down.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
For those of us who didn't grind levels nor money, the best way to speed it up is seriously to endlessly run missions, forget about going to lobby until you've had enough, focusing on 1player minimums that you know are doable and trying to avoid lengthy races. Doesn't harm to keep the cops after you and have a lengthy five-star standoff before finishing the last step (going to location/turning in item). Did 58-60 continuing my audiobook binge in under two hours.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
The Simeon stuff actually pays decently now so if you set it to hard you can solo them and still make decent money and RP.

Another thing I thought of is if you are able to find a wall breach (check YouTube) you can hide out in one with a five star wanted level and gain RP while you evade the police. I can't recall how much you get, but it you just keep killing police while you're hidden, you won't lose the wanted level.

They seem to have fixed a few of the wall breaches from last gen, so I'm not sure what's left. :jerkbag:

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 28, 2014

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

MrLonghair posted:

For those of us who didn't grind levels nor money, the best way to speed it up is seriously to endlessly run missions ... and trying to avoid lengthy races.

If you're interested in levels more than money, running races by yourself is a pretty good way to earn RP. There are plenty of custom races that will reward two or three-thousand RP and take about 4 - 6 minutes.

To compare, many popular missions only give about 1200 RP before kill / objective bonuses and take 6 - 15 minutes.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I like running violent duct and I think Cambrio something for simeon, since they are pretty easy and fast, and reward some decent money/rp if you wait around long enough, or just take your time.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Is there a long-rifle that shoots exploding bullets? A guy just hit me with that, around a second long reload-time.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I bought GTA 5 for PS3 the day it came out and did pretty well at the single player. I created an online character but didn't play very long or whatever and only got to rank 7. I know I was gifted a large amount of money from R* or something because I have a 10 car garage, but I bought this for PS4 recently and have mainly just been playing online and my goodness, this game is super fun online. A couple issues with connectivity, but overall pretty enjoyable. Last night I was trying to play some cat and mouse by just getting bounties put on myself.

Maybe I'll post in the crew thread but for now I'm having fun just being a silent pubby.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Musket? A long reload but I don't believe the shot is exploding, though it is a 1 hit kill, I think.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

im pooping! posted:

I bought GTA 5 for PS3 the day it came out and did pretty well at the single player. I created an online character but didn't play very long or whatever and only got to rank 7. I know I was gifted a large amount of money from R* or something because I have a 10 car garage, but I bought this for PS4 recently and have mainly just been playing online and my goodness, this game is super fun online. A couple issues with connectivity, but overall pretty enjoyable. Last night I was trying to play some cat and mouse by just getting bounties put on myself.

Maybe I'll post in the crew thread but for now I'm having fun just being a silent pubby.

You gotsta fly the flag son. Join LLJK and keep playing how your playing. Nothing will change other than the fact you'll have more options for hijinks and shenanigans.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

MrLonghair posted:

Is there a long-rifle that shoots exploding bullets? A guy just hit me with that, around a second long reload-time.

Sounds like the railgun but that isn't in multiplayer.

Edit: nice new babby avatar...maybe after 12 years it's time for an avatar of my own.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Wait wait wait.

I had a full garage of adders in my alt character on 360. Can I not sell them?

I haven't transferred yet.

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 28, 2014

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Ziploc posted:

Wait wait wait.

I had a full garage of adders in my alt character on 360. Can I not sell them?

I haven't transferred yet.

If they were cloned or glitched adders they haven't been able to be sold in a long time.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any PS4 doods wanna make money and get rep? (ILL_MITCH Level 37 Crime Wizard)

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

BitBasher posted:

If they were cloned or glitched adders they haven't been able to be sold in a long time.

They were bought. Bought when I had more money than I knew what to do with.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Ziploc posted:

They were bought. Bought when I had more money than I knew what to do with.

You should be able to well them. I've been able to sell a few of my duped ones even. I think only one didn't sell so far.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If they're duped, you can downgrade to a 2 car garage, and the game will put 8 of them into storage. You can have the stored cars delivered to you by the mechanic and you should be able to sell them at an LSC. The remaining two you can get rid of by driving another car up to the doors and replacing them.

Snaggletooth
Mar 15, 2002
Am I stupid or is the moon travelling the wrong direction?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If they're duped, you can downgrade to a 2 car garage, and the game will put 8 of them into storage. You can have the stored cars delivered to you by the mechanic and you should be able to sell them at an LSC. The remaining two you can get rid of by driving another car up to the doors and replacing them.

That didn't work either.

Dafuq. ROCKSTAAAAAAR.

Oh hey. It worked for one of them.

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 28, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I hit a certain level in LLJK and it said I unlocked a Black Pig mask. I don;t have it in Accessories. Do I still need to go buy it from the beachside store?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Feenix posted:

I hit a certain level in LLJK and it said I unlocked a Black Pig mask. I don;t have it in Accessories. Do I still need to go buy it from the beachside store?

Yes

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I found it works for the ones at the bottom of the list, but the top one or two don't sell.
I think you can get the remaining two to sell if you rearrange the garages and move them to another one, but you might have to just blow them up / replace them.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Goons :3:

I need to make a race that goes up Chiliad and down Chiliad

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

MrLonghair posted:

Goons :3:

I need to make a race that goes up Chiliad and down Chiliad

My car was pretty wrecked after that. I then played chicken with the train and lost.

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009
Bought my PS4 yesterday. Will be back on GTAO in the next couple of days. PSN: LexykXV. I'm in LLJK already. See you guys online.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

MrLonghair posted:

Had it happen on Horse Factory when all-motorcycles. Was unable to get far enough for GTA mode to even activate ("bwomp" and screenflash of weapons becoming active) on the maps I tried to make, may have bugged something out though, all checkpoints rendered on the map but never in the actual game, nor did they work.

No idea what happened there.
Owned weapons are always available to the player in GTA races.

MrLonghair posted:

A triathlon would be fun to design!

I did one and could not find a way to prevent people from using their bicycle for the final running portion. Even if the last checkpoint before the running portion requires the player to climb out without a bicycle, I found most people left their bicycle outside the checkpoint area and reclaimed it.

If you make bicycling the last portion, you could force the players off the bicycles at the starting grid and place the next checkpoint across a body of water like the Alamo sea. Just place it far enough away from shore to have a decent run.

Then at the last checkpoint they can respawn with their bicycle and ride to the finish.

Or you could mess the order all up, just start out on bicycles, ride to the shore, swim across and then run to the last checkpoint. That would be the easiest thing

Croccers posted:

You can force weapons to Pick Up only for GTA Races in the hosting menu I believe. I like making silly bike races so I tend to force sawn-offs and regular pistols, using AP pistol/SMG as the out-of-the-way super powerup.

There's no way to prevent players from using their own weapons in GTA races (edit: with cars, have no clue about bicycle races)

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 29, 2014

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I'm back bitches. DriverZiploc on PSN. (Was 360)

Can't wait for stupid races and poo poo with you fine fellows.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Given you need to have other pays who aren't shite, I find playing survivals is a good way to level up and get money. At level 130+ I still level up once during a match and of course get 30k after finishing. You can do it pretty fast depending on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I don't really know what to do in gtaonline. I found a helicopter and stole it..is there anywhere to store it like in sp?

• Locked thread