Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really have a story so

uh what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Honestly I just wanted to say "your story stinks".

I still think you're scum though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Monathin posted:

Your story stinks, bowmore.
I don't really have a story so

uh what?

Monathin posted:

Between you barely having poked your head in to vote until today despite saying you'd have the free time to play and the fact that you've barely even attempted to case anyone on your own, plus not wanting to claim when most people already have.

##vote bowmore
so this is a lurker vote then, or an OMGUS? make up your mind dude

also I'm happy to claim, but not because other people want me to

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It's a lurker vote, I don't really care either way if you're voting for me, but I think based on how you've been active in the game that there's something scummy there.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also I had to look up OMGUS I won't lie.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I wasn't lying. Bowmore is scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
But merk how could we ever trust you again!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
You don't need to lie to get me to vote Bowmore. I'll vote anyone.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

merk posted:

I wasn't lying. Bowmore is scum.

merk how do you know that?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

merk how do you know that?
because he is a ~*random cop*~ apparently

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Just got out of group presentation / feedback session. Catching up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm sorry, I've kind of lost track of what's going on in this game now. Alignment change bad

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, alignment changes are very hard to do right in a game. I think if I were moderating this game, a small scum team augmented by an alignment changing role that was statistically very likely to hit town to scum, would appeal to me.

I guess that doesn't mean much but I don't think we're at lynch-loss.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Opopanax posted:

I'm sorry, I've kind of lost track of what's going on in this game now. Alignment change bad

We were discussing how you're scum.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Monathin posted:

I mean, I'll do it, but I won't like it.

##vote The Science of Suck

This would be OK d1

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Dugong posted:

Weak giant crab. The worst of giant crabs.

I'm a VT giant vulnerable crab.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Is that your whole catch up Dugong?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Awful app was playing up so gave up until I got on the laptop

Monathin posted:

Oh, right, yeah. The alignment switching. That's uh, interesting. I've been trying to figure out how that impacts stuff and figure things out from there. I've never had experience with that before so I'm a bit stumped.

What I don't like about this post is that he is saying "look at me, I'm not as smart as other players. I'm therefore not a good lynch target". A townie doesn't want to say this. It makes the scum kill night target easier because they know he isn't a threat. Furthermore a VT has comparatively very little to lose so shouldn't be painting themselves at useless. They should be more attractive targets than Vanilla PRs. Mona is claiming to only have one roleblock left so is pretty close to VT. It feels to me as an attempt to feign confused town.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I am falling asleep in bed. I check over the pages I missed/ will miss tomorrow because my eyes are not awake

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

Awful app was playing up so gave up until I got on the laptop

What I don't like about this post is that he is saying "look at me, I'm not as smart as other players. I'm therefore not a good lynch target". A townie doesn't want to say this. It makes the scum kill night target easier because they know he isn't a threat. Furthermore a VT has comparatively very little to lose so shouldn't be painting themselves at useless. They should be more attractive targets than Vanilla PRs. Mona is claiming to only have one roleblock left so is pretty close to VT. It feels to me as an attempt to feign confused town.

This post makes no sense to me. Why would making yourself seem stupider matter for the lynch? It matters for the night kill since he'd be less likely to find scum, but being scum or not has nothing to do with being smart or not. Also you are saying he's "pretty close to VT" when, if he's telling the truth, he's one of the only PRs left.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

We were discussing how you're scum.

:ohdear:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok I'll come clean. I had my alignment switch with bowmore. I'm town now. I was scum.

##vote bowmore

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

How do you know it was Bowmore?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was told.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Merk will saying anything he is that desperate to get me lynched

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The only pm I've had from CPig is the one that says post more

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

I was told.

What night did it happen?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote merk

You must have eaten too much cake, this is lazy from you

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There is now way in hell a mod would confirm someone as scum or town via an alignment switch

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Last night.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
These posts sound nothing like merk.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

Ok I'll come clean. I had my alignment switch with bowmore. I'm town now. I was scum.

##vote bowmore

So your claim is that about 6-ish hours before the day started, you received a PM from CPig telling you that your alignment had been switched with bowmore and he is now scum and you decided to make up a claim about being a cop, that also included a test for Asiina. You then went on to vote for other players, instead of pushing a case on a player who is 100% mod confirmed scum to you and finally came clean ages later about how you know bowmore is scum.

You're lying.

##vote merk

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
merk is roleplaying as thingyman from 2+2 now

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

merk posted:

Last night.

yawn, try harder

##vote merk

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So your claim is that about 6-ish hours before the day started, you received a PM from CPig telling you that your alignment had been switched with bowmore and he is now scum and you decided to make up a claim about being a cop, that also included a test for Asiina. You then went on to vote for other players, instead of pushing a case on a player who is 100% mod confirmed scum to you and finally came clean ages later about how you know bowmore is scum.

You're lying.

##vote merk

Obviously he's lying, but why make such an obvious lie?

I'm delirious on cold medicine right now but it doesn't make any sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He's trying to move discussion

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Hey merk. Why did you go after me D3 and then not mention it again today?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yup lying again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well that was exciting. Can we cuddle a scum now?

• Locked thread