Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
http://readms.com/r/toriko/303/2616/1

Holey moley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

New Chapter

:stare: What the gently caress :stare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Bambina doesn't gently caress around, unless it involves skipping mountains.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well, it was a good series everyone. :rip:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So either this is gonna be some ridiculous food routine thing/illusion or Zebra will somehow regrow his head.

Alternatively, this is the end of Toriko and the beginning of a new spin-off, Sunny.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It was a wild ride thanks for reading

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Goddamn.
That was damned quick.

And I think only Zebra died. Toriko and Coco were probably blown away.

Toriko is a bad learner isnt he?

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 27, 2014

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Well poo poo...time to find a new food themed manga to read. Does Hell's Kitchen still update?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I hope this isn't just a bluff. I hope what we saw isn't some sort of food projection or something like that

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

:eyepop:

Woah.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm hoping that Bambina murdered them into a literal netherworld where they'll find Komatsu's spirit or some poo poo.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I'm wanna believe it's all real, and pair not only regrows hearts but entire bodies

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Holy poo poo Toriko, what the gently caress?

Toriko - end of prologue

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
If this isn't FOOD VISION I'm going to be satisfied that the author decided to scrap the idea and never mention it again

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Shugojin posted:

I'm hoping that Bambina murdered them into a literal netherworld where they'll find Komatsu's spirit or some poo poo.

I like this idea. I've always thought that going against the kings so fast was stupid for the story, as they have no chance against them. Even awakening an inner demon toriko only got one punch in. I'd rather have more adventures in gourmet world battling neo for poo poo than getting clowned by kings in a single page.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Toriko does a really good job of putting these power scales into context. 0.01 seconds indeed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To me it looked like Zebra was ripped apart and the other two were just blown away.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

To me it looked like Zebra was ripped apart and the other two were just blown away.

You can also see ribcages in the panel when Sunny opens his eyes. I think the implication is that everything was just vaporized except for Zebra's head, Coco's legs, and Toriko's arm.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

You can also see ribcages in the panel when Sunny opens his eyes. I think the implication is that everything was just vaporized except for Zebra's head, Coco's legs, and Toriko's arm.

You can also see the skull of dead animal. I think the ribs were from one of the many dead beasts in the area.

Also it should be noted that the Battle Wolf is stronger then Bambina. It has a slightly higher capture level 6090. Which at that scale I would say is not enough that the battle would be one sided and could likely result in the Monkey king winning a decent amount of the time if they fought.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 28, 2014

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Punc posted:

Holy poo poo Toriko, what the gently caress?

Toriko - end of prologue

Oh man that would own

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Maybe Sunny's the one who died and everyone else is just missing those body parts. YES including Zebra, he's Zebra, he can fight without a head.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I doubt miss nitro is casually dead like that. We still don't know anything about her so if anything maybe komatsu is safe.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I doubt miss nitro is casually dead like that. We still don't know anything about her so if anything maybe komatsu is safe.

I think Zebra was the only one who was actually attacking and probably the only one who got owned. Rest probably got blown away for shits and giggles. Monkey king owns.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Thunderbro posted:

Monkey king owns.

This is all I got from that chapter. :black101:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
This chapter is why I still really like this manga even after some of the dumb poo poo like Food Imagination or whatever it was, I still get surprised by poo poo, mostly because it's just so loving out there.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Awww Zebra. Although, to be fair, he was actually the one acting cocky here.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

My prediction: remember how Komatsu's heart was like, sent into subspace or something like that? I think Sunny, the only one who had his guard down for an instant, received the full blow of an attack that sent him to the weird subspace thing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Whatever Teppei did just erased Komatsu's heart, as if it never existed.
The idea was that from what was left reconstructing the heart like they did with Toriko's arm is impossible.

But I'm really interested to see what this will turn out like.
Please no Food Imagination.
gently caress Food Imagination.

Food Intimidation is really enough on that front.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Whatever Teppei did just erased Komatsu's heart, as if it never existed.
The idea was that from what was left reconstructing the heart like they did with Toriko's arm is impossible.

But I'm really interested to see what this will turn out like.
Please no Food Imagination.
gently caress Food Imagination.

Food Intimidation is really enough on that front.

Yeah food imagination was too loving abstract. "You just have to believe harder."

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Annointed posted:

Yeah food imagination was too loving abstract. "You just have to believe harder."

It makes for boring fights.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

pinegala posted:

It makes for boring fights.

Yeah. It's not like it's even any crazier than real fights. Just look at Ichiryuu VS Midora. poo poo was all actually happening. :stare:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The only good food imagination is when a characters head is on a plate and is about to be served up for the main course in a fancy restaurant

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Id rather he call that super food intimidation.
And yes those bits are pretty cool.

Appetite oni all dressed up sitting down for a calm civilised meal was hilarious. He even had a wine paired to go with the person/thing getting food imagined.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
I've decided to just think of food intimidation and all the appetite monsters and ridiculous attacks as just physical manifestations of attacks/moves. None of it makes any sense, so might as well just go with it and accept all of it.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
... oh poo poo.

Maybe it really WAS the last Toriko.

Now the manga is about Sunny and a version of Tommyrod formed out of Sunny's hair, riding around in Den-shark and solving mysteries.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 304 is out.

Monkey King is best at games.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
SATAN VOMIT

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
"This isn't courage, I'm just hungry," Toriko responded, after getting his arm ripped off in an arm wrestling match.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
This is what would happen if Superman had his powers as a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
How many times has he lost an arm now anyways? Four?

• Locked thread