Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SeXReX posted:

New steamsale format has no daily or flash deals wtf gaben

Pretty sure the lack of special cards, flash sales and poo poo is mostly because it's a boring Fall Sale and not one of the COOL BIG SALEZ like Summer/Christmas. I expect a special thing tomorrow for Black Friday though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Flash sale on PSN for black Friday, shadow of mordor/evil within $30 d3+expansion $20. Some other good games too

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i bought reaper of souls on sale because im retarded.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Buying a game so you can play it and enjoy it doesn't sound very retarded to me- quite the opposite, actually.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

It's a good game.

In other news I'm a huge idiot because I saw that the Mordheim game was both released, and on a slight sale. I hurriedly threw my wallet at the screen but after I bought it I realized...

...it was early access :negative:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Buying a game so you can play it and enjoy it doesn't sound very retarded to me- quite the opposite, actually.

what if i bought the collector edition but don't have WoW or SC2...!!!

i didn't tho

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Is Payday 2 worth $7.49? I'm such a stickler when it comes to money.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I got Payday 2 in the sale and it owns REALLY hard, so I'd grab it if I were you.

I also got Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and Shadow Warrior. I think that will tide me over for a while.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I'm lookin for an EPIC new game to play over the weekend. wonderful 101 is on sale for like $20 on the eShop but I feel a bit burnt out on platinum games right now after putting so much into bayonetta.

i've heard very mixed things about the new dragon age, but hearing the new DRM theyre using completely wrecks hard drives has dissuaded me from purchasing it...

not sure what to go for, i could really go for an action RPG right now!!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

oh btw wonderful 101 is $20 on the eshop

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

more like reaper of taints

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Buck Turgidson posted:

I got Payday 2 in the sale and it owns REALLY hard, so I'd grab it if I were you.

I also got Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and Shadow Warrior. I think that will tide me over for a while.

I think I'll snag Shadow Warrior and Payday 2.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

I feel a bit burnt out on platinum games

a shameful gamer

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

a shameful gamer

i'm only burnt out because i've been playing them so much! jeez.

i gotta have some variety, man.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Endless Legend is on sale and it looks like a neat civ / age of wonders type game with the crazy factions of endless space.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

crimzon clover is like 3 dollars on steam and im trying to sell random poo poo on steam to get enough for it. im only 1 dollar away

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Swelter Discharge posted:

crimzon clover is like 3 dollars on steam and im trying to sell random poo poo on steam to get enough for it. im only 1 dollar away

i bought it with card money and its good

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

elf help book posted:

i bought it with card money and its good

if i dont get the .63 cents i need soon i might just buy it normally :negative:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Third World Reggin posted:

Endless Legend is on sale and it looks like a neat civ / age of wonders type game with the crazy factions of endless space.

Its dece.

Oh poo poo...I'm going to do this as well.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm like $2 away though...might just buy it normally.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm like $2 away though...might just buy it normally.

it uses your steam wallet balance as long as you don't pay with paypal

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You can get an Alien: Isolation Steam key off of Amazon right now for $25.

http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Isolation-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00HQ0WNI4/ref=sr_1_1_twi_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417214970&sr=8-1&keywords=alien+isolation

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you're my favorite imp for posting this

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I've been playing it all night. It does some things that are really nice like giving you units where you can customize their equipment to be anti archer or anti what ever, but limits you enough that there isn't a one size fits all.

The only three types of unit thing kinda sucks but the smaller city states / minor factions make up for that. But they feel a bit strong.

The crazy factions are fun. Hollowed out armor people who can't use food? One city state people of manikains that exist only to raze all other cities?

Also the terrain height map, one city per region, and reinforcements are nice.

The desyncs in multiplayer kinda suck but at least it is easy to load an autosave.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 29, 2014

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

good news all i was able to buy crimzon clover from selling stupid steam card poo poo and still have a penny to spare :D

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I fell for Target's poo poo, I didn't think I would buy anything for the weekend but they offered a $15 gift card with Smash Wii U, and then I bought a Wii U Pro controller for $40 and Donkey Kong Country 3DS and Animal Crossing for $15 apiece.

What's wrong with me I don't even like Animal Crossing all that much

I'm like the lady who goes grocery shopping and then ends up with lottery tickets. I did get groceries tho

glowstick party tonight fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 30, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

good news all i was able to buy crimzon clover from selling stupid steam card poo poo and still have a penny to spare :D

congrats

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Octodad for less than 4 bucks... not sure I have the willpower to resist

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nuuvem has got some pretty sweet deals going. Hell, they pretty much always do.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Dexters Secret posted:

it uses your steam wallet balance as long as you don't pay with paypal

I'm pretty sure if you select Steam Wallet Funds as your first payment option, it'll ask for a second one and you can use any of them to pay the remainder (including PayPal)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
It will always select an additional option (i.e. a credit card, paypal, etc.) if your steam wallet has insufficient funds to complete the purchase.

EDIT: If you have another payment option saved of course.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
got lightning returns and tales of xillia 2 for $20 each

d3 for ps4 for 35 bones, all on amazon

otherwise it doesn't look like there's that many sick deals for gamers

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
this does not look like a great cyber monday for The Videogames and i was kind of hoping to get a new ps+ membership

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Yeah the cyber Monday deals so far are underwhelming

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
eye divine cybermonday

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
cyber monday has always kinda sucked. I guess a few years ago you might have picked up an ssd for a lot cheaper but baseline prices on those have dropped so much that a few bucks off isn't the same.

Best Buy has a Buy 1 Get 40% off which owns for some Wii U games . Picked up Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 for total of $72+tax which loving owns (thanks to a goon for using his GCU to buy them for me. goons are awesome).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat352700050033&type=category

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 1, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
did the nintendo eshop have any deals worth buying?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

did the nintendo eshop have any deals worth buying?

Metroid 2 for 2 bucks annnnnnnnnnnnnddd

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
fusion was five bucks which is pretty good as nintendo's pricing works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
XCOM: Enemy Unknown+Enemy Within+the other DLC pieces is $12.49. For comparison I bought the game on disk, used, for $50 just under six months ago and its store price is nearly unchanged still. Pretty sure this is the cheapest that set has been on Steam to date.

• Locked thread