Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ethanol posted:

I don't really know what to do in gtaonline. I found a helicopter and stole it..is there anywhere to store it like in sp?

No. If you want your own helicopter you have to buy it and it is hell of expensive.

The first thing you should do is head to the GTAO goon crews thread. Link your Social Club profile there and someone will invite you to LLJK. Then you'll have people to play with who can feed you high-level missions and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm thinking of getting back on in a bit for another solid hour or two, if anyone wants to roll some races with sports classics, sports, or muscle.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Scyron posted:

I'm thinking of getting back on in a bit for another solid hour or two, if anyone wants to roll some races with sports classics, sports, or muscle.

id like to do some muscle racing need like all the upgrades for my main car choice. Only car choice imo

psn is mein1gott im in lljk though

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Scyron posted:

I'll do whatever if you guys are still on... I just need some RP.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Does anyone know a good racing playlist or how playlists work? I've never actually done one, other than as an event thing.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm on right now got an OK pub with me

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I hope people start organizing random race nights. I love random social club races.

(And really crazy DM maps too.)

(Like the one what was done THROUGH the blades of a wind propeller.)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
MeinGott, I accepted your invite, and it's loading, but jesus christ it's been like 10 minutes of loading while in the clouds... what the poo poo gently caress drat. They need to fix this. Right now this game is the biggest waste of time. I mean that literally. There is so much time wasted.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Feenix posted:

MeinGott, I accepted your invite, and it's loading, but jesus christ it's been like 10 minutes of loading while in the clouds... what the poo poo gently caress drat. They need to fix this. Right now this game is the biggest waste of time. I mean that literally. There is so much time wasted.

Lol I haven't had that in two days I'm in in like 1 min and can go 20+ missions in a row

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Ziploc posted:

I hope people start organizing random race nights. I love random social club races.

(And really crazy DM maps too.)

(Like the one what was done THROUGH the blades of a wind propeller.)

I could try and front that. Sunday all day until 8pm cst (walking dead) works best for me, otherwise Mondays I am usually free all day.

titties
May 10, 2012

Feenix posted:

protip: if you're stuck in the overhead cloud-cam for more than like 1 minute, just sign out of PSN and load back into single-player. You'll save yourself seven minutes.

I don't know how it is on current-gen, but last-gen is a crapshoot if you're trying to either:

Join GTAO before loading into SP
Join friends or crew from SP
Accept MP invites from SP

You essentially have to let single-player load, then start a friends-or-crew-only online session before trying to do anything else.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

titties posted:

protip: if you're stuck in the overhead cloud-cam for more than like 1 minute, just sign out of PSN and load back into single-player. You'll save yourself seven minutes.

No poo poo? Just go to XMB overlay on PS4 and sign out. Then it load to SP then sign back in and log in again?

[edit] I have a Declasse Saber all Muscled out. What's a nice high end car I can still steal/insure?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 29, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's weird. They supposedly added a ton of new music but I feel like I hear the same songs ALL the time.

Especially that Gabriel song on Soulwax.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's all Greek to me, I zeroed out the music volume in this game after a day or so of playing. I will never understand why Rockstar doesn't implement a jukebox feature in their games, because I'd bother to listen to the radio if I could pick out the 2 dozen songs I like and have them play endlessly but instead I spent a ton of time flicking through radio stations to find a song I can at least tolerate, and this poo poo gets me killed or makes me flub races so gently caress it I'll listen to NOTHING.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Actually I find GTA's radio pretty much perfect. IRL, There are very few songs I dislike enough to change the channel, but what I can't stand are the hosts who spout their idiotic opinions and tell boring as hell anecdotes. GTA's radio also has stupid hosts, but they're self-aware.

titties
May 10, 2012

Feenix posted:

No poo poo? Just go to XMB overlay on PS4 and sign out. Then it load to SP then sign back in and log in again?

[edit] I have a Declasse Saber all Muscled out. What's a nice high end car I can still steal/insure?

That's how it works on PS3, anyway. Once you're signed out, as soon as you close the XMB it kicks you back to SP.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Well last night was the first right-proper night of GTA working okay on the PS4. I landed in a server with LLJK, had upwards of 20 people in it, and lasted for well over an hour. Which gave me ample time to gently caress with a bunch of dudes that were drowning everyone else out on the mic.

So, I spent the next 30 minutes taunting them and attempting to get "down with the block," and gain some "street cred," with them. Alas, I am merely a "stupid rear end in a top hat cracka that is as low as bird poo poo." I am a horrible person who deserves death..

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Well last night was the first right-proper night of GTA working okay on the PS4. I landed in a server with LLJK, had upwards of 20 people in it, and lasted for well over an hour. Which gave me ample time to gently caress with a bunch of dudes that were drowning everyone else out on the mic.

So, I spent the next 30 minutes taunting them and attempting to get "down with the block," and gain some "street cred," with them. Alas, I am merely a "stupid rear end in a top hat cracka that is as low as bird poo poo." I am a horrible person who deserves death..

The vitriol spewing from those guys was uh, something else. I've never heard a black dude tell a white dude he was going to go get one of "his" nooses and string said white guy up.

I also like when he called you bird poo poo. Another good one.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Haha, I liked my homey. He was so nice.

I'm sure I was the only one who enjoyed that, but it's just so hard to pass that up. And as long as they keep talking back, I'll keep going. And they.. just.. kept.. going.

"So if I want to be down with the block, I should lay someone down and wash them as you say?"

"gently caress you rear end in a top hat!"

Fake edit: plus their homophobia was quite confusing. "Muhfuckah's human being rear end talkin' 'bout washin' people. I'll gently caress him in his human being rear end if he tries to wash me!"

...right.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

The vitriol spewing from those guys was uh, something else. I've never heard a black dude tell a white dude he was going to go get one of "his" nooses and string said white guy up.

I also like when he called you bird poo poo. Another good one.

To be fair, the noose comments came after Quicksand_Jesus' comments about going get his white hooded robe on.

And some of the stuff they were coming up with, like school shootings? Jee-zus. I don't think anyone from LLJK will be 'down with' the BLOK any time soon.

Edit: The main rear end in a top hat would have been fun to trade kills with had he actually stopped spewing stupid poo poo. He had some pretty decent skills. Better than me by a metric mile. Just would not shut up.
Ever.

Wee Bairns fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 29, 2014

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Wee Bairns posted:

To be fair, the noose comments came after Quicksand_Jesus' comments about going get his white hooded robe on.

And some of the stuff they were coming up with, like school shootings? Jee-zus. I don't think anyone from LLJK will be 'down with' the BLOK any time soon.

Edit: The main rear end in a top hat would have been fun to trade kills with had he actually stopped spewing stupid poo poo. He had some pretty decent skills. Better than me by a metric mile. Just would not shut up.
Ever.

How dare you sir! My comments were entirely race-neutral! I can't say for certain what nationality they were. But if you want to make that assumption off their voices and speech patterns, be my guest.

I need to friend you.. simply because you sound identical to the mechanic. Haha.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I need to friend you.. simply because you sound identical to the mechanic. Haha.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thought that.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I joined a few mission invites from Maniac Cop last night and like a fool I got shot to death early on, then I guess the NPCs got a second wind or whatever because when I respawned, both of my party members were dead and spectating. I had to finish the mission on my own by frantically running away from NPCs and kiting them. Then when I picked up the truck for delivery and the cars spawned, I had to get out and repeat the process. I guess I got far enough away that the NPCs forgot about me, because they started running the other direction and I managed to complete the mission. I felt self conscious about my playstyle so I left the lobby and hid in my apartment for the rest of the night.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

They should ban children from having mics because holy they are annoying.

"nice car. ur wheels fukin suck. I will kill you, you fucker"

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Makes me wonder what they would think of a PSN gimmick account named Ferguson_Cop or something like that role-played according to their expectations. Hm.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Wow I can't believe I'm back after a year and they STILL haven't added heists, payouts still suck dick, and the loving iFruit app only works on new android phones for no loving reason.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Xinlum posted:

Wow I can't believe I'm back after a year and they STILL haven't added heists, payouts still suck dick, and the loving iFruit app only works on new android phones for no loving reason.

Sounds like you're mad about a bunch of dumb poo poo. Payouts suck still? Why? Because you don't have to play Rooftop Rumble over and over again to make money now? No heists? They are going to suck anyway and be broken anyway. iFruit doesn't work? Good, it sucks anyway. Be pissed about something legitimate like the game not working.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Haha, like I said last night, I really do kinda miss having him show up and subsequently run me over and drive off with my car!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Wee Bairns posted:

Haha, like I said last night, I really do kinda miss having him show up and subsequently run me over and drive off with my car!

It was uncanny - you need to put your chat on "everyone" and just do mechanic-chat in character in a public lobby.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
When the mechanic drives up to you from the right side of traffic, where you're waiting, but veers off into the opposite lane and drops your car off there so you have to run across traffic :allears:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

MrLonghair posted:

When the mechanic drives up to you from the right side of traffic, where you're waiting, but veers off into the opposite lane and drops your car off there so you have to run across traffic :allears:

:captainpop: the mechanic drives up to you? fancy.

E: on ps3 the car just magically appears now

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Hugh Malone posted:

:captainpop: the mechanic drives up to you? fancy.

E: on ps3 the car just magically appears now

It's still that way on PS4. It's gotten worse though - half the time I call the car it ends up down the road. Missions seem to be even worse with where it gets placed.

I have one of your Serious Fun playlists bookmarked - will they run on the PS4?

If so I will run one of them next time I'm on if there is any interest. It's like 6 or so fun races user-made races.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Tried some again tonight. Still can't say it's an enjoyable experience. I mean, I can pretty much tell I'm not going to have a good time when a team deathmatch is "4-some high number players", there are only 4 players and the teams are me at level 10, another dude at level 40-something and the other team is two guys at level 100+ and 400+

I wish there was some option to just "join any game anywhere in the world, I don't loving care where, as long as there are at least, let's say 8 players that are within, like, 5x my level."

"...and buy an armor and full ammo and just loving go already, why am I still in this lobby"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Wheany posted:

Tried some again tonight. Still can't say it's an enjoyable experience. I mean, I can pretty much tell I'm not going to have a good time when a team deathmatch is "4-some high number players", there are only 4 players and the teams are me at level 10, another dude at level 40-something and the other team is two guys at level 100+ and 400+

I wish there was some option to just "join any game anywhere in the world, I don't loving care where, as long as there are at least, let's say 8 players that are within, like, 5x my level."

"...and buy an armor and full ammo and just loving go already, why am I still in this lobby"

In a team deathmatch like that, don't be - aggressive hide or find high ground. Just try and survive and hope your team wins. That is all you can do a at lower level when the teams get stacked like that. Especially when they are timed and not target-based.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Kelly posted:

In a team deathmatch like that, don't be - aggressive hide or find high ground. Just try and survive and hope your team wins. That is all you can do a at lower level when the teams get stacked like that. Especially when they are timed and not target-based.

That also sounds like poo poo, tbh.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Plus, don't be thrown off by the ranks. They mean absolutely nothing most of the time. Anyone can be level 200 if they grind long enough. I mean look at Kelly! (You know I'm kidding.)

I've seen plenty of players at that level that can't drive worth a poo poo and are even worse shots.

Well, time to get on and see who I can harass. Anyone on PSN feel free to add me and join in: LapsusMemoriae.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Plus, don't be thrown off by the ranks. They mean absolutely nothing most of the time. Anyone can be level 200 if they grind long enough. I mean look at Kelly! (You know I'm kidding.)

I've seen plenty of players at that level that can't drive worth a poo poo and are even worse shots.

Well, time to get on and see who I can harass. Anyone on PSN feel free to add me and join in: LapsusMemoriae.

Yeah, yeah...I stink at races, level 200 or not. I'm like 80 and 500 or something insane like that.

Wheany posted:

That also sounds like poo poo, tbh.

Don't know what to tell you then. Everyone had to make their way up - kind of part of the fun, no?

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
I don't know what people want. Either grind through missions and races for rank and cash, or don't and level up slowly. Unfortunately the days of glitching for cash and RP are over.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Yeah, Rank doesn't really matter much any more thanks to the DLC weapons all being available at Rank 1. Why grind up to 70 for the Advanced Rifle when you can hit missions or even just decently populated races for half an hour and buy a fully kitted out Special Carbine?

All it really matters for any more is when full Body Armor unlocks, and some of the more useful call-ins like Lester removing you from the minimap, getting rid of your wanted level, or dunking on people with a one-two punch of setting Merryweather Mercs on someone then having Lamar's Mugger knock them over in the middle of being shot at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Icedude posted:

Yeah, Rank doesn't really matter much any more thanks to the DLC weapons all being available at Rank 1. Why grind up to 70 for the Advanced Rifle when you can hit missions or even just decently populated races for half an hour and buy a fully kitted out Special Carbine?

All it really matters for any more is when full Body Armor unlocks, and some of the more useful call-ins like Lester removing you from the minimap, getting rid of your wanted level, or dunking on people with a one-two punch of setting Merryweather Mercs on someone then having Lamar's Mugger knock them over in the middle of being shot at.

I hadn't even thought of that - the DLC weapons really are a game changer for the lower levels.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I don't know what people want. Either grind through missions and races for rank and cash, or don't and level up slowly. Unfortunately the days of glitching for cash and RP are over.

And really, there weren't a ton of RP glitches through. I've been playing regularly since the beginning on and there were only a couple that people used, and they didn't last too long. Nothing like the money glitches - of which there will be more I am sure.

• Locked thread