Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carbon dioxide posted:

I was sad there wasn't a "drop the bass" joke but your great way to deal with stone - sheet - clippers made up for it.

Yes, that was art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Variant_Eris posted:

Stone-Sheet-Clippers probably meant something else in Japanese than Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Eh, Japan has Rock-Paper-Scissors too. It's called Janken, but it's the exact same game with the exact same gestures. Given that it's a variation in the english translation it's probably not the exact same as Janken in the original.

I'm kind of amazed at how much effort they put into this minigame. And the implication that most or all of the band members are deliberately trying to lose. :3: They wanna set their buddy free but don't want him to think that they think he's not worth fighting for.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Alopex posted:

Eh, Japan has Rock-Paper-Scissors too. It's called Janken, but it's the exact same game with the exact same gestures. Given that it's a variation in the english translation it's probably not the exact same as Janken in the original.
It's called Jankesu here, for whatever reason, which is why the translator went with a slight variation, too.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
It's very generous of the game to not allow you to lose these matches. :3:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Hedera Helix posted:

It's very generous of the game to not allow you to lose these matches. :3:

Nah man, it's destiny. Destiny, you get it?

Destiny and probably Kumatora explaining in detail where her fist goes if Duster doesn't come along.

Scoville
Oct 4, 2009

Oh, God, why won't it stop BURNING?
Naerylan was pretty much right on the mark with that translation. From the translator's blog:

http://earthboundcentral.com/2010/08/mother-3-cockney-mice/

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's actually Gorgeous in Duster's case.
Oh wow, I didn't know that. That makes more sense than calling him Duster, though, since that's the name of one of the Runaway Five in Earthbound.

John Liver posted:

Fighting the Jealous Bass sucks. It wouldn't be so bad if Boney were a bit more useful, but such is life. This is far from my least favorite boss fight, though - that one is a ways off, and took me ten or eleven tries...
In the Hard Mode battle, it's good to have a Pencil Rocket or two handy. The longer the band stays together, the harder it is to stay alive due to their jam session attacks. It's not nearly as hard as the Pork Tank on Hard Mode, but it's a considerable challenge. Having Duster's stat nerfs would help a lot, but alas.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Part of the reason I haven't been doing avatars recently was because I knew shrinking down the complete "Wess dancing" avatar would take awhile.

But screw it, it's done.

And of course I've got all of Wess's dance moves in their own avatars as well.

Here's some PK moves in action.

And here's a few more to finish out Duster's chapter.

Now to put off doing Salsa's dance.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Can there be a reversed version of that one?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

frozentreasure posted:

Can there be a reversed version of that one?

Yep!

thetrueoskar
Jan 22, 2011

Dabir posted:

We'ah plannin' on a couple uh right long (long and flexy - sexy) nellies (???).

That Johnson lot three doors over was mistaken for vests, and now they're dead.

"Nellie" means an attractive girl here. They're quite particular about their boarders, apparently? But there's also the grandmother there, wanting a sexy girl to live with her as well... Hm.

Also, is "vests" slang for "pests" or something, since they're mice, or do Cockney speakers just really hate certain types of clothing?

Also also, how are there people who can speak all that fluently?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

thetrueoskar posted:

"Nellie" means an attractive girl here. They're quite particular about their boarders, apparently? But there's also the grandmother there, wanting a sexy girl to live with her as well... Hm.

Also, is "vests" slang for "pests" or something, since they're mice, or do Cockney speakers just really hate certain types of clothing?

I got those bits wrong I guess. I'm not from London, I was just working off a website.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

Not happy with this, but whatever. It was amusing enough to make.

Starbridge64
Jun 5, 2013
Awesome gifs, I like to imagine that OJ busts a wolf on that bouncer that entered the room there Eris.

Zinco
Mar 27, 2005

Dabir posted:

I got those bits wrong I guess. I'm not from London, I was just working off a website.

So was I. Ahem.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Variant_Eris posted:

Not happy with this, but whatever. It was amusing enough to make.

Nice. Adding to second post.

Update in a bit. Was gonna do an update during the Thanksgiving weekend, but the Steam sale happened. Always another distraction.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I guess you could say we're around the half-way point of the game since we're starting Chapter 5 of 8, though this "half" is probably longer.

At any rate, no big fancy chapter intro here, just a tower of thunder. We're probably going to be going there, huh?

I think I went through it and hid the egg somewhere on the other side. So let's head for that area first.

Full party at last!

When you pass the bridge, you'll see Item Guy moving to and fro. What a great guy!

Up here is a cave with a hot spring and a mole.

Some worms, perhaps? Will you take a look?

Couldn't find a down-facing sprite for this guy, and I can't make him look down myself, so here's a similar sprite from Earthbound.

This guy sells some weapon and armor upgrades, including much-needed ones for Duster and Kumatora. I get Kumatora the new gloves and equip the Sparrow Bandana on Duster, and the Azure Ribbon on both Boney and Kumatora, plus Fly Charms for Duster and Kumatora.

At any rate, our mission is to find the egg before the enemies grab it and destroy the world or something horrible like that.

Which is why I'm spending this entire update hanging out in Tazmily.

As you may expect, having double the party size makes the enemies around the forest significantly easier.

In case you're curious, we started this chapter right above where the wall staple path led up at the waterfall, which itself is directly east of the way to Club Titiboo. You know, where we saw the first fireworks show.

You can come back to Titiboo, but it's deserted. Well, except for the woman and the frog in the bathrooms, I suppose nobody thought to tell them it was time to vacate.

There's also supposedly more DCMC swag here, but I forgot to grab it. Maybe next update.

You can also go back to the factory and work if you want to. I don't want to, but I do want to talk to people.

You seem way more mature than before. I've grown more than you have, though. Understand?

Doofus! I turn around every time someone says that.

If only I could run the factory how I want, it'd be so much more like how I want it to be. But no one besides me will listen to me.

I get you, man.

Oink oink. (The stray dog behind me has become such an ambitious guy since he started running here.)

Bow-wow! (I have absolutely no intention of spending the rest of my life here. Ultimately, I want to go into the big city and build a doghouse so gigantic that it'll make everyone jump in shock. No, "house" isn't the right word for it at all. That'd be a palace. Yeah, a dogpalace.)

I assume if I bothered working, I'd get the discount and could just ride the train back to Tazmily. But screw that, I'm a free man!

You may remember these from the last chapter, being too much to handle for just Lucas and Boney. That's why I'm facing them now.

And that shows why I had to wait until I had four people to take this thing down. Just gotta take the thing down with PK Love/Freeze.

On the way back to Tazmily, Kumatora picks up Paralysis. It numbs an enemy for a few turns, as you'd expect.

And we're back at Tazmily! Obviously, there's some new dialogue floating around. Let's get to exploring!

Doesn't it seem like officers patrolling the train station area have to do a lot more work than officers in the mountains? That seems a bit unfair to me.

so I've been keeping watch this whole time. He's not very suspicious, though.
Being an annoying onlooker is actually pretty tough work. I have to stand in this one spot for a really long time, for example.

I guess Flint never dusted off the other sheep.

Baaa. (Just in case you've forgotten, I'm a charred sheep, not a black sheep. *smile*)

Baaa. (You'll get dirty if you touch me. *smile*)

Right, let's check out the old-school citizens.

Can I come with you, too? Oh. I guess not...

I wish I could visit the big city... I bet it's way cooler than Titiboo, even!

Welcome! Check out this top merchandise, straight from the big city!

Right now Thomas is running the shop. He sells the same stuff Nichol did in Chapter 4, which is pretty outdated by now.

Did you make it to Titiboo?

That look of yours is really bugging me...

Over at the Yado Hotel...

Oh, Duster. Has your memory returned yet?

You guys seem kind of outta place here. Maybe it's because you're too classy for it... Or unclassy...

Oh... You're here too, Duster? P-please, could you not come in here anymore? I'd prefer to avoid rumors that we have thieves coming and going here...

No, it'd actually be more efficient to just take a quick five-minute break.

It really helps soothe my throat.

This guy is my new favorite NPC.

Oh, Duster. When did you come back? You have some nerve.

There's no telling what's going to happen next, so be careful.

Fuel's been helping out around the store, but sometimes I feel like he's getting in the way. I don't have the heart to tell him, though.

Actually... Uhhh.... Actually... I was about to say something, but now I forget what it was.

For some reason, working at the factory just isn't my thing.

Did you try your hand at hauling Claymen? Pretty tough work, huh?

From what I can tell, you have about 0 DP. Way more than me. That's no fair.

Nosy.

It looks like you guys've been through a lot.

The village's progress is my progress. I get bigger and more important by the day. Understand?

Oh, if it isn't Lucas. Everyone's talking about how you've been living it up at clubs instead of coming home. And then there's Flint, always wandering around in the mountains, aimlessly. You're such a weird family.

There's also these two guys now.

Stroke! Stroke! Stroke! I'm Paddel, president of the Tazmily Boat Club. Aside from the fact we don't have a boat, everything is going great. Stroke! Stroke! Stroke!

Stroke! Stroke! Stroke! I'm Rowe, the newest member of the Tazmily Boat Club. Aside from the fact we don't have a boat, everything is going great. Stroke! Stroke! Stroke!

Bow-wow. Bow-wow. (I'm a charred dog, not a black dog. Actually, there are some sheep like me, too.)

Working at the factory, then relaxing at Titiboo. That's what regular folk look forward to. They even got a band there.

This retirement home doesn't have much of a budget to work with, so everything is worn out or broken, like the floors and such.

Are you here to check the leaky roof? It's really dripping away today.

While we're here, may as well check up on Old Man Wess.

Duster... No, Lucky or whatever is fine. You have legs, right? I see you're the same... The same as ever. You didn't need to come see me... But thank you for remembering me, Lucas. Princess... You're too kind to me. Thank you very much. Say, you there... Don't you still have something left to do? We can hang out afterwards. You should really take care of your health. Well, see you. Oh, that "See you" just now was meant for Boney...

Thank you for acknowledging Boney. I'm also impressed you saw through his clever disguise.

You shouldn't dawdle, Lucky or whatever your name is! Go on! Get going...!

Now let's check out the west side of town.

Keep your nose out of police business. Especially at tension-filled places like this! 'Cause you're a nuisance. I know things may not seem all that tension-filled here, but trust me, they are!

Reggie never discouraged. Reggie usually never discouraged. Reggie sometimes discouraged.

This has to be a joke! A 20 million year prison sentence?!

Bow-wooow. (Wherever * we * stray * dogs * go... * ...That's as far as the song goes so far.)

I see you still wander around as scatterbrained as always. I'm busy sorting letters.

That woman over there... She still keeps looking this way... And she was looking at me at Club Titiboo, too. I guess she must like me, huh? Oh, I'm so nervous. *thump* *thump*

That man over there... He still keeps looking this way... And he was looking at me at Club Titiboo, too. I guess he must like me, huh? Oh, I'm so nervous. *thump* *thump*

Oink. (While I just layed [sic] here like this... I managed to forget all the bad things in life... But now the good things start to seem even worse now... *sizzle* *sizzle*)

Happy Boxes are wonderful, you know! Just looking at one makes you feel happy. Lucas. Why don't you try looking at one, just once?

Boney will mourn even in disguise, that's how loyal he is.

That's it for the town. Next we go back to Osohe Castle, again. This trip is pretty much the only reason to backtrack to Tazmily in the first place besides the new dialogue.

Nothing has changed since Lucas visited, except that now we can use Duster's Rope Snake to revisit the rest of the castle.

The other hallways are empty besides the pathetic Barrel Guys.

Well, look who's back.

The music I am playing is "Ode to Ancestors, 8th Movement". Listen thoroughly.

Sure.

Yes. I thought you would like it. Actually, my music isn't the only thing that's splendid. I've added two new curls to my hairstyle.

Nah.

Lord Passion is an optional boss, and if you go ahead with the plot you'll miss this guy.

He has 2897 HP.

The guides I see suggest buffing Duster and Boney's offense while lowering Lord Passion's, which I agree with. They also suggest using PK Love and Fire, which I disagree with, as this is going to be a long enough fight that they'll run out of PP before then. I instead boost Lucas's offense as well and have Kumatora focus on spamming Lifeup while the other three attack.

Lord Passion's kind of a one-trick pony. All but one of his attacks this fight was heavy party-wide damage. You need to debuff him with Attack Down from either Duster's Scary Mask or Kumatora's PSI. Using the Smoke Bomb to inflict crying also helps a ton and gives a lot of breathing room.

This is after being debuffed. Still a lot, but much more manageable now.

He's weak to PK Fire, but it still doesn't do enough for my tastes. Lucas's physical attack boosted is around 80ish, which isn't too bad compared to PK Love's 150ish and 10PP cost, and it goes up the rare time I can get a combo attack off. His PP's more useful as back-up healing. Of course, I'm still not afraid to have Boney or Duster throw items if needed.

Sometimes Lord Passion will do a significantly weaker attack that only hits two people. I don't know, either.

Overall, not too bad a fight if you remember your debuffs.

Our reward are these crazy-awesome shoes that significantly boosts Duster's offense. He's by far the best attacker right now.

We can also make our way back up to the top, but all we see are a lack of brooms and that there are indeed traps set around the former egg location.

On the way down, Kumatora learns Defense Down. Yep.

We're done with Osohe Castle. Let's end the update by revisiting the forest. Note that there's no reason to be here, as there's no new loot here. With a full party, it's easier to show off the rest of the enemies here.

We ran past these last time because they will murder you at Chapter 4 levels.

As seen here.

And here. Of course, now they're not a big issue.

We can also check up on Lighter while we're here.

Heya, Duster. Haven't seen you in three whole years. Have you gotten a little condor-- Wait, that's not the word. Have you gotten a little balder? Gahahaha.

These guys hit decently hard (enough to be kinda scary in Chapter 4, especially since they like to attack in groups) and can use Hypnosis.

They will also use Lifeup Beta to heal themselves, making it kinda futile to fight them until at least you pick up PK Love, and even then you're better off grinding on the other end of the tunnel.

It's important not to step on the ants.

At the top is what remains of Alec's house.

All the Dragos are gone now. Bye, Dragos. :smith:

Finally, Lucas learns PK Shield, which halves physical attacks. Handy to have, though I'm pretty sure enough damage will break it, as will Thunder attacks.

Everybody needs a break from saving the world.

Next time, we'll get back to the plot.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Is that a translation thing?

Ah... wait, the joke is it's a failed haiku, right? Still, my question stands. Was the joke in the original or was it added by the translators?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

Ah... wait, the joke is it's a failed haiku, right? Still, my question stands. Was the joke in the original or was it added by the translators?

Don't know about the translation, but it's kind of a running gag.

Mega64 posted:

"There's no need to rush
Five seconds rejuvenates
Kokori Spring Water"
(An extra syllable)

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Our reward are these crazy-awesome shoes that significantly boosts Duster's offense. He's by far the best attacker right now.

If I remember correctly, these are Duster's best weapons until Chapter 7. Anyone remember where to get his best shinkicker?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Hah, palindrome! I've never heard that one before, either.
I wonder what the Japanese headline was.

Zinco
Mar 27, 2005

Carbon dioxide posted:

Those messages are indeed in the original: http://legendsoflocalization.com/mother-3/chapter1-1/

quote:

In general, haiku poems go 5 syllables / 7 syllables / 5 syllables. But sometimes extra syllables are acceptable – I don’t know the details about this, I just know it happens sometimes and the poet will sometimes mention that extra syllables were used at the end.

In the case of the Japanese version of MOTHER 3, whenever extra syllables are used, it’ll say “(Extra syllables)” at the end of the hot spring text. I think there might even be cases of missing syllables too.

I left this syllable count stuff in the English localization, only I made sure the syllable messages applied to the English text and not the original Japanese text.

If none of that makes sense, don’t worry. It’s just a case of being super-extra picky. I got the impression that many English-speaking fans didn’t even understand these “(Extra syllables)” messages anyway.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It should be noted that PK Shield lasts through 3 physical attacks. The damage of the attacks doesn't matter.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Those shoes are really drat good. I like to use them even after others start to add more offense thanks to its other stat boosts.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

The greatest weapon of all, the pumped up kicks.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

You didn't even show a picture of the Black Beanling, which you did with the regular Beanling. It is just a palette swap, I guess. The Black Beanling gives you an insane amount of experience, enough to give your characters multiple level-ups at this point in the game. They usually run away when given the chance, so you have to take care of them quickly.

Variant_Eris posted:

If I remember correctly, these are Duster's best weapons until Chapter 7. Anyone remember where to get his best shinkicker?
All I'll say is that they're not hidden. At a certain point in the game, I feel that the offense boosts given by Duster's other weapons is too tempting for me to ignore.

MR. J posted:

It should be noted that PK Shield lasts through 3 physical attacks. The damage of the attacks doesn't matter.
Another important thing to remember is that if you cast Shield on a party member that has 1 or 2 shield charges left, it will automatically bring them back to 3 charges. In Earthbound, it would give you 3 more charges regardless of how many you have, making it more difficult to maintain shields in Mother 3. There's also an additional effect to Shield that only enemies can take advantage of, but we'll see that soon enough.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 5, 2014

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I didn't get them last time I played so I didn't notice, but do they look like the Hi-Jump Boots from Metroid and Super Metroid to anyone else?

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
Dunno if this was mentioned yet, because I think Mega64 posted this track in an earlier update, but... :eng101: "Unsettling Preserve" is a track that was not included in the game's sound test, and as such, doesn't have an official title in Japanese. A fan came up with the English one you see in Mother 3 music rips today.

Also, I had no idea the Mystical Shoes existed. Backtracking rewards like that are the best.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do appreciate the new content on backtracking. Is there anything to indicate Lord Passion is up and about?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

MR. J posted:

Y-Hat posted:

Another important thing to remember is that if you cast Shield on a party member that has 1 or 2 shield charges left, it will automatically bring them back to 3 charges. In Earthbound, it would give you 3 more charges regardless of how many you have, making it more difficult to maintain shields in Mother 3. There's also an additional effect to Shield that only enemies can take advantage of, but we'll see that soon enough.

Thanks for the info! I'll throw that stuff in next time I use Shield.

Y-Hat posted:

You didn't even show a picture of the Black Beanling, which you did with the regular Beanling. It is just a palette swap, I guess. The Black Beanling gives you an insane amount of experience, enough to give your characters multiple level-ups at this point in the game. They usually run away when given the chance, so you have to take care of them quickly.

Good call. I'll throw that in on the next update.

Glazius posted:

I do appreciate the new content on backtracking. Is there anything to indicate Lord Passion is up and about?

Not that I can tell. Didn't notice any NPCs mentioning it, and there's nothing up ahead suggesting you take a trip back to town before moving on.

e: This week's excuse for delaying updates is, uh, I'm being murdered or something. I'll have a better excuse next week.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 10, 2014

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mega64 posted:

e: This week's excuse for delaying updates is, uh, I'm being murdered or something. I'll have a better excuse next week.

Walk it off like a man or limp it like Duster. :toughguy:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm quite enjoying the LP so far. The game is still oozing with charm even halfway through. I was wondering though, how long does the whole back tracking trip to Tazmily and Osohe actually take?

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Honestly, not that long at all, if you do it right at the beginning of the chapter. After all, you're only about a train tunnel away from Tazmily at the start, and Osohe's not that much further.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

CrashScreen posted:

I'm quite enjoying the LP so far. The game is still oozing with charm even halfway through. I was wondering though, how long does the whole back tracking trip to Tazmily and Osohe actually take?

Tazmily to the Factory is quite a few screens, though you may be able to take the train back if you work again (no clue if it'll give you the discount or not). One big note is that while running, you'll instantly skip encounters with low-level enemies (you don't get EXP/money, but you also keep going without any text boxes to slow you down), though you can still get back-attacked since I don't think enemies change their behaviors according to your levels/plot. I gained a few levels on the way to Tazmily from the tunnel/Lord Passion/the forest, so the return trip was quicker since I could bypass more enemies.

But at the next update, there's a point of no return, so now's the best time to come back anyway. You might be able to go back later on in the chapter, but no reason not to do it now while it's easy to do so.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Before we begin, I forgot to bring up one more enemy from the forest, since it's pretty rare, the Black Beanling.

You may remember me mentioning a similar bean enemy in Chapter 1 that shows up rarely, and this guy's pretty much the same gimmick. It's kinda powerful and rarely spawns, but also gives a ton of EXP.

Also, this.

We're done with side stuff. Let's get to actually advancing the plot instead.

After we spend our newly-earned money on bracelet upgrades for our non-dog party members.

Going north from the cave with the mole salesman, we've got some new enemies.

I'll talk about the other enemy in a bit. The Parental Kangashark isn't that exciting, though. It only did moderate damage and doesn't take hits well, plus it's susceptible to crying and PK Freeze.

Next up, there's this enemy that's pretty easy to get a drop on.

...and that's why.

It'll basically do a good amount of damage to one or more characters with its backside, so getting the drop on it will backfire. Except it doesn't really seem to matter much.

If you face it from the front, it'll turn around anyway and just attack you that same turn. It's weak to freeze, at least.

Once you hit this part, Boney will finally realize he doesn't need his disguise anymore and goes back to being a normal dog.

Yes, Boney exists and is a party member. It's understandable that you'd probably forgotten that by now.

...But...

Were there this many last time...?

Can't argue with that logic.

The third and last enemy in this area is the Reconstructed Lion.

Naturally, it breathes fire. It can also lower offense with its war cry and bite you. Otherwise, it's weak to sleep and thunder attacks. It's also unnerving the more you think about how they made this thing.

There are a bunch of holes, but all but one lead to the same area. We can also access it by just going down this path.

So, there are a bunch of moles down here.

This hole is so much greater than it was three years ago. It's incredible, actually! So it's only natural for people to get lost in here. Hahahahaha! But, yeah, everyone's workin' so hard. This hole's gonna get more and more complex! May the ground everywhere become a complex hole!

It's also tiring! But it's so much fun! May the ground everywhere become a hole!

Something called "Omelets" appeared to me in a dream. But what is this so-called "Omelets"? Do you know? Our world is really small, so there's a lot we don't know about. Omelets... I dunno why, but that kind of excites me. Hehehe.

Honestly, now! I just stepped on some sunglasses! Why doesn't anyone ever tidy things up like they should?! I've even tripped on helmets before! Because no one ever puts anything away like they should! Honestly, now! Moles these days!

While navigating the tunnel, Kumatora picks up Hypnosis, another useful way to inflict Sleep.

In actuality, mole tunnels are more than just places to live; they also serve as traps intended to confuse and capture food, such as insects. In other words, the moles' tunnels also act as literal dungeons. Moreover, large-scale tunnels over 100 meters in length are not at all uncommon. If you ever get the opportunity, you should take some time out to watch moles in action.

Educational!

I dunno, I don't see why it's so important to fill the ground with holes. Why can't the ground just stay as ground, and holes stay as holes? I think ground and holes can exist side-by-side. That's why I'm not digging and saying, "*dig* *dig* *dig*" constantly.

There's another Capricorn Bracelet, which I already have, and a Pencil Rocket, which is a powerful explosive item. Boney is the item specialist since he can't do anything else interesting, so it goes to him.

To actually advance, we need to go down the southwestern most hole.

Eh? Sunny? What's sunny like again? Oh, it's cloudy, then? Ah, cloudy! Wow... that's so incredible. Sunny! Oh! Cloudy!

Hey, let's play a game. Try to guess the word I'm thinking of, okay? I'm thinking of a word that starts with an "m" and rhymes with "hole". ...Wait, that's too easy! Okay, let's do a do-over, then. The new word I'm thinking of starts with an "h" and rhymes with "mole". ...Okay, never mind. I'm not very good at this game. Break time's over! Time to get back to work!

Once upon a time, there was a lazy mole who lived in a hole. This mole would never, ever dig on his own. Instead, he would stand by holes that others dug and say, "*dig* *dig* *dig* *dig*." What happened to that mole, you ask? No, uhh, I don't know this story very well. Let's see... And he lived happily ever after.

What a lovely story.

It's not a long path to get here.

And with that, we reach our destination!

I hid the egg inside that mud figure.

What bad timing.

Duster! Are you okay?!
Yeah... I-I'm fine... Was that lightning just now?! Whew, that was close...!

Looks like that lightning might've done something to the clayman.

It took off with the egg!
We gotta go after it!

The chase is on!

Yeah, I can see the peace and love in that thing.

I wonder what it's here for...

Anyways, never mind this crap! We hafta catch that thing, quick!

Along the way, we pick up a Secret Herb, an item that cures any status effect, including even incapacitation.

And this box has a magic butterfly. Ah.

The path leads us to another Pigmask facility.

One sells Pork Noodles and various status effect heals, including Secret Herbs (at a costly price, of course). The other one sells the same stuff the mole did earlier.

Anyway, guess we're gonna have to bust some heads.

No, I leave it on. Why? Do you take yours off? You go through all that trouble? In the bathroom? And then you go through all the trouble of putting it back on when you're done?
Yeah, I go through the trouble. I mean, there IS a place in there to hang your mask and all.
Man, you're dumb! That's not for you to hang your mask! That's where you hang bags and umbrellas and stuff like that!
...Oh. I always thought it was for masks. So THAT'S why it's always been so hard to hang my mask there...

Ahh! He's...!

Please forgive my rudeness!

Here, I'll prepare a change of clothes for you. Please put them on right away, sir. Likewise for the folks accompanying you, too.

All right. That's better. Well, I had better return to my duties!

Hmm.

Now let's go find that thing before they figure out who we are.

So a case of mistaken identity has the entire facility thinking we're a commander. Might as well make the most of it!

You're frogiven.

Eeep! I-I'm very sorry, sir!

H-h-here is a present from the bottom of my heart, sir. I...I had always wanted to do this for you! Not for any weird reason, though! It's strictly in a friend sense!

Pretty nice gift.

Though not as nice as the gift of friendship.

Can't backtrack any more because of these two chuckleheads.

Basically, we mix this weird stuff in with clay, and when an electric shock is applied to a lump of it, it starts moving around. ...Does that help explain it any? Well, to be honest, I don't really understand how it works, either.

If left alone, that berserk Clayman'll probably run into a tree and fall apart or something, so I dunno, maybe you should just let it go?

Claymen are made out of ordinary clay, so we can recycle them over and over. They guy who thought up this system sure is smart! What was his name again...?

Uh...

Zzz...

Welp.

When Claymen break down or malfunction, they take themselves to the garbage area. Talk about convenient.

Oh, hello, Commander. What's that? You're looking for a Clayman? Huh? A Clayman that's gone haywire? Come now, Commander. I know there's no need for me to say this, but our production development is flawless! We've never made anything that might go berserk or malfunction! No-siree!

I just saw an out-of-control Clayman run out the back door. If you're looking for it, you better hurry before it gets stuffed inside a garbage truck and taken to the dump. Still, what in the world did you hide in it? It must've been something crazy to get you in such a tizzy. Oh? You can't say? It must be something embarrassing then, huh?

When Claymen break, they climb into garbage trucks to get taken to the trash dump. Yup. When I think about that...it makes me feel kinda sad. Yup.

Next time, the chase continues!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'm constantly disappointed that it isn't a Dandy-Lion.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

FeyerbrandX posted:

I'm constantly disappointed that it isn't a Dandy-Lion.

You did get Pigtunia, so you shouldn't be that disappointed.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Something called "Omelets" appeared to me in a dream. But what is this so-called "Omelets"? Do you know? Our world is really small, so there's a lot we don't know about. Omelets... I dunno why, but that kind of excites me. Hehehe.

When was the last time we had one of mom's Omelets?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Carbon dioxide posted:

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

3 years, give or take?

• Locked thread