Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Kelly posted:

I hadn't even thought of that - the DLC weapons really are a game changer for the lower levels.

The only thing I dislike about them is they don't let you earn the color scheme changes with kills like other weapons. But they were great for training up my second account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The only thing I am upset about now is that there is no quick way to get back into another mission or even restarting a mission after completing it. I know why they took it away, but it takes way too long to get back into something else.

Actually, I never realized that when they normalized mission payouts, it went based off of time spent in mission. According to the wiki, every mission pays roughly the same but you simply need to run the timer up to 16 minutes to get the full payout.

But I guess that is just the way things are now. I am glad that I was able to get most of my money when it was a bit easier.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 29, 2014

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Is the Entity XF the best super car? Or is the zentoro better? I really like the traction of the entity.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Adder, Entity, and Zentorno make up the trio of race-ready super cars. As far as I know, all 3 of them have their own traits that help them stand out.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Moochewmoo posted:

Is the Entity XF the best super car? Or is the zentoro better?

Zentorno

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Adder, Entity, and Zentorno make up the trio of race-ready super cars. As far as I know, all 3 of them have their own traits that help them stand out.

The Turismo R is up there with them too, not quite as fast as the Zentorno but it sticks to the road a bit better. I usually pick that or the Zentorno when doing races where I can't use my custom car.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Does the upgrades close the gap for the entity? The little stat bars claim it does.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Everything's kinda hosed up with Turbo actually making cars slower for the time being.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Huh. That's kind of a bummer. Shame the entity handles so much better. It doesn't seem worth putting off my buzzard for the Zentoro.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

The only thing I am upset about now is that there is no quick way to get back into another mission or even restarting a mission after completing it. I know why they took it away, but it takes way too long to get back into something else.

Yeah the loading takes way too long. At least we had a hell of a gun fight today. Those poor bastard pubbies. Got into another one with Quicksand Jesus and encouraged several people to leave the session before I was plagued by network errors.

Kelly posted:

I hadn't even thought of that - the DLC weapons really are a game changer for the lower levels.

Yeah, I was wondering how a level 5 was "scoping" me. I thought I had wasted my money on the marksman rifle, but drat has it come in useful for mid-range quick kills.

But they show their true talent when they try to run you down.

Policenaut posted:

The Zentorno looks like a giant turd.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I actually like all the super sharp angles on the Zentorno. I've always liked that kind of older supercar over today's modern curvy thing and the Zentorno is the only one of those in GTAO that's race worthy.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

For people who may be interested. Gamestop is selling shark cards for half off. It can be worth it if you are starting out. Just make sure you buy the card for the right system. It differentiates between PS3 and PS4.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Can the Zentoro get comparable traction? If they fix turbos isn't it the same for either car.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

And really, there weren't a ton of RP glitches through. I've been playing regularly since the beginning on and there were only a couple that people used, and they didn't last too long. Nothing like the money glitches - of which there will be more I am sure.

The only RP glitch I recall was on capture the flag where you could pick the case up and hover over the drop zone in a helicopter. I did that a couple times for about an hour and jumped 30 levels. That was quite nice.

I just miss the cash simply so I could afford to buy and sell cars until I found one I really liked.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I used that RP exploit where you could sit a Buzzard on top of some shipping containers in the Base Invaders mission and have it auto-target an endless wave of respawning soldiers for RP.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I think the RP glitch I used the most was the race one with one other person where you gained a lot of RP per lap.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I actually like all the super sharp angles on the Zentorno. I've always liked that kind of older supercar over today's modern curvy thing and the Zentorno is the only one of those in GTAO that's race worthy.

I'm not a fan of the grill, the rear windshield or the rear bumper (since it's carbon fiber). Not to mention the oval exhaust that you can put on it. It's just not my style.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

The only RP glitch I recall was on capture the flag where you could pick the case up and hover over the drop zone in a helicopter. I did that a couple times for about an hour and jumped 30 levels. That was quite nice.

I just miss the cash simply so I could afford to buy and sell cars until I found one I really liked.

Some of the Martin missions you could hover in a chopper over his driveway to do the same. The capture ones were the easiest though. The sound it made was like a jackhammer.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

blackguy32 posted:

For people who may be interested. Gamestop is selling shark cards for half off. It can be worth it if you are starting out. Just make sure you buy the card for the right system. It differentiates between PS3 and PS4.

:siren: do not but shark cards :siren: validating a f2p scheme on a game you already paid $60-120 is bad fiscal responsibility :v:

That being said: my ps4 is on the way - hooray early Christmas gifts :toot: so I'll be back waiting in empty loading screens playing gtao with all'y'all soon enough.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

There was the whole "mess with your network card and edit this one file to give yourself as many levels you want instantly" thing for a while.

Use single-player to try the vehicles first?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

:siren: do not but shark cards :siren:

I'm not sure if this is some crazy marketing poo poo or what, but I'm reaching the point where I want to buy shark cards out of spite for how annoying this is getting

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
To speed up the lazygrind a little I (e: nope, didn't work) created another character so that I'd also have a female character. But how ugly could you make one? This ugly.

Jesus christ Lamar.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 29, 2014

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Icedude posted:

I'm not sure if this is some crazy marketing poo poo or what, but I'm reaching the point where I want to buy shark cards out of spite for how annoying this is getting

It's kind of sad that Rockstar pretty much had to nerf a lot of stuff to make it this way. In terms of money, everything pays roughly the same, but it's the amount of time you spend in mission that determines payout. It's kind of poopsocky.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The American Dream in GTA Online is pretending you're really into doing missions and then when someone accidentally discovers that you can dupe Adders by farting on a stripper after doing a race and accessing the PlayStation Store you break that glitch for all its worth.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Whatever lets me claim ownership and insurance on a bulldozer!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

MrLonghair posted:

Whatever lets me claim ownership and insurance on a bulldozer!

PLEASE!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Lol I really gave the beatdown to Malakai and Pootbarn in that one capture round :cheeky:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
The Infernus is the prettiest supercar.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Adder: +Best top speed of the lot
Entity: +Grip
Zentorno: +Acceleration

Voltic: +Best acceleration of all vehicles

Infernus: +Prettiest

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I kind of want to buy shark cards because I don't want to grind out money for the tank and buzzard, and numerous cars I want, and want to upgrade. I wonder how much money we'll get from heists?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Leaks from a few months ago implied that the payout was something in the range of 1 million for first completion.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Ooh not bad. I hope we can do it as much as you want.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Schroeder91 posted:

Ooh not bad. I hope we can do it as much as you want.

Lol and cut into their shark card sales, no. It'll have a cool down timer, probably once every 24 hours.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Scyron posted:

Lol and cut into their shark card sales, no. It'll have a cool down timer, probably once every 24 hours.

At the very least. Maybe job points will finally matter, making it difficult to even accumulate enough to do it more than every few hours.

That said, I look forward to the job point glitches forthcoming if that is the case.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

circ dick soleil posted:

The Infernus is the prettiest supercar.

Welcome to the Infernus fan club. It's the only one I'll drive simply because it's the prettiest.

...and because it has the louvres on the back, protecting me from gunfire and allowing me to back over people.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Kelly posted:

At the very least. Maybe job points will finally matter, making it difficult to even accumulate enough to do it more than every few hours.

That said, I look forward to the job point glitches forthcoming if that is the case.

Is that what that is? Do they do anything right now?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Schroeder91 posted:

Is that what that is? Do they do anything right now?

Not a thing other than show you people in your lobby who've been doing a lot of missions. Which barely matters since they reset if you leave the lobby by changing sessions.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Schroeder91 posted:

I kind of want to buy shark cards because I don't want to grind out money for the tank and buzzard, and numerous cars I want, and want to upgrade. I wonder how much money we'll get from heists?

My deal is grinding for RP. It feels like it is so slow.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Policenaut posted:

Zentorno if you want functional.

Moochewmoo posted:

Does the upgrades close the gap for the entity? The little stat bars claim it does.

The stat bars lie. Really loving lie.

I pretty regularly pass supercars in my 4 door sedan Sultan on long straights despite the speed bar being nowhere near as long.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope that those incredibly excellent sticky bomb kills will overshadow all those times I shamefully blew myself up for no good reason.

Also mal I realized my garage was in dire need of variety, so I gave everything a tasteful respray except for the Sandking, which must bear its ridiculous clown vomit color scheme until the end of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm on the way from work.

Should be there 11ish EST if anyone would like to play some missions. I need some money and some muscle car races to upgrade my main whip.

VerbalEnema in LLJK

• Locked thread