Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Opal posted:

Joachim Hansen is fighting in a Z-League event on Saturday. Don't actually know whether it will be available online or not though. He's fighting Diego Nunes on a three fight losing streak, haha.

I hope Hellboy crushes him.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2389100/This-Week-in-MMACombat-Sports---Nov-28th---30th

oh poo poo we got ourselves some weekend mma/kickboxing/boxing

featuring mickey rourke, joachim hansen, fury/chisora, and a motherfucking Shoot Boxing S-Cup one night tourney

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I googled for a second to figure out if that Mickey Rourke was a different one kinda like how there's the mysterious kickboxing Anderson Silva, but nope, it's 62 year old Mickey Rourke. That boy ain't right.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

attackmole posted:

I googled for a second to figure out if that Mickey Rourke was a different one kinda like how there's the mysterious kickboxing Anderson Silva, but nope, it's 62 year old Mickey Rourke. That boy ain't right.

Mother of god you're right. I need to see this.

mewse
May 2, 2006

attackmole posted:

62 year old Mickey Rourke. That boy ain't right.

I think you meant the opposite :getin:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn what kind of can did they pour off a barstool and into some trunks to fight him?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
The chump he's fighting is 1-9

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=boxer&human_id=477593

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

attackmole posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_GlZo-6yc

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
So, about Joachim Hansen

https://vine.co/v/OndP11ldJFx

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

it's like one of those wooden push puppets and someone pressed the button on the bottom :(

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

it's like one of those wooden push puppets and someone pressed the button on the bottom :(

I want someone to make one of those for Struve. I'd buy it

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:( Poor Hellboy. He should probably hang 'em up. I choose to remember him kneeing Imanari and Caol Uno and that one time he beat up Aoki.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
that's sad, hansen shouldn't be fighting anyone remotely good and nunes shouldn't have been released from the ufc let alone bellator

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wise Learned Man posted:

:( Poor Hellboy. He should probably hang 'em up. I choose to remember him kneeing Imanari and Caol Uno and that one time he beat up Aoki.

Yeah. That looked shockingly reminiscent of Rich knocking out Chuck. Aggressive advance on an off-balance opponent, and then just implodes.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
To be fair the two kicks to the side just preceding that exchange looked like they took all of Hansen's energy with them

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

oh god

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I didn't know Steven Siler had been cut from the UFC

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I didn't know Steven Siler had been cut from the UFC

Hm I didn't know that he had fought since his loss to Rony Jason, but there it is.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

This is my favourite thing that Jon Madsen was involved with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0MkkXwAJbs

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Posted in the GBS 1990s movie poster thread, then looked at the cast list and saw a familiar name at the start of the second line.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This reminds me how sad I was after watching a Carman movie for a Mark Coleman cameo only to never pick it out. I didn't feel too bad because it introduced me to Carman movies and they are now some of my favorite bits of fundamentalist Christian cinema.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Whoever didn't sign Lorenzo Lamas as a celebrity UFC judge back in the day missed out big time

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bubba jenkins vs George karakanyan @ bellator 132

Michael "MVP" page vs Cody Bollinger @ bellator 133

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
uhhhhhhhhh doesn't Page fight 35lbs heavier than Bollinger?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Has Cody McKenzie emerged from his presumed whisky-soaked coma?

fake edit: of course I google him and he has a submission loss from October :smith:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
nvnm i was half listening, its a guy named Curtis Millender

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

mewse posted:

Has Cody McKenzie emerged from his presumed whisky-soaked coma?

fake edit: of course I google him and he has a submission loss from October :smith:

Are you telling me you didn't see that? It was the card announced by Chael and JR.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Seltzer posted:

Are you telling me you didn't see that? It was the card announced by Chael and JR.

Augh dangit

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

mewse posted:

Augh dangit bah gawd

Fixed

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

This reminds me how sad I was after watching a Carman movie for a Mark Coleman cameo only to never pick it out. I didn't feel too bad because it introduced me to Carman movies and they are now some of my favorite bits of fundamentalist Christian cinema.

Best cameo from a fighter was public enemy.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Best cameo from a fighter was public enemy.

He was better in Final Wars.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He was better in Final Wars.

A perfect film. When I first heard he was in a major role I thought "That's pretty random?" until I realized he was a bigger star in Japan than the US.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

MassRafTer posted:

I'm still very sorry about THE HAMMER only being a back-of-the-head cameo. I'm still glad we watched it, though.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Apparently Joe Vedepo assaulted a police officer and got tased for his trouble. He was so drunk he thought he was in the cage

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

vainman posted:

Apparently Joe Vedepo assaulted a police officer and got tased for his trouble. He was so drunk he thought he was in the cage

As a recovered nasty nasty alcoholic, I can't comprehend how a night goes that badly.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

vainman posted:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GsxG6NmYg-E/UJ8LkHmQVJI/AAAAAAAAAC0/PT4CHg22jes/s1600/Joe+Vedepo+Shin+Chokes+Mike+Bernhard+-+Bellator+80.gif

Vedepo has a real problem with drink but he'll always have this cool rear end submission.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I mostly remember him for losing his two UFC fights in hilarious fashion

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

This is great. Nothing is stopping him from putting his left arm over the other guy's shoulder to defend the guillotine so instead he is going to do the complete opposite and hold on to that useless single.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

quote:

"I have an opportunity to fight someone like Rampage Jackson who beat King Mo," said Ortiz. "Why would I waste my two fights on somebody who doesn't make any sense. It's a lose/lose situation. If I beat him, I'm supposed to beat him. I lose to him, look I lost to King Mo. It's a dumb fight. The guy is a nonsense fighter, he's a journeyman. It doesn't really matter.. I mean he just talks like a street hood rat. This guy just didn't make sense to me."