Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Everything Burrito posted:

New chapter of Haru x Kiyo if anyone else is reading it. I wish there was more and that it came out faster because I really like this one. The art is really expressive and the characters are fun.

Count me as someone who's still following! Haru x Kiyo is a fun read. The faces are great and the main characters are really earnest. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

for anyone who cares there was a new chapter of Itoshi no Karin (chapter 19) and the author tweeted that the last chapter will be chapter 20 and it is should be out on Christmas eve.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i am glad they aren't going to drag the series out but only one more chapter is so soon!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

i am glad they aren't going to drag the series out but only one more chapter is so soon!

same i hope it is a happy ending

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Nondevor posted:

Count me as someone who's still following! Haru x Kiyo is a fun read. The faces are great and the main characters are really earnest. :3:

Goddamnit, I don't know why I bother with giving manga in this thread a test run, I always binge through and am left wanting more.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

for anyone who cares there was a new chapter of Itoshi no Karin (chapter 19) and the author tweeted that the last chapter will be chapter 20 and it is should be out on Christmas eve.

That's a bit of a sudden ending. Hope it goes well.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm surprised it's ending, but at least it seems to be a good spot to do it in. My guess: tearful parting, timeskip to her going to work at the hospital they talk about in this one, they meet up again, closing out either on a kiss or on another timeskip to happy family.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Chapter 27 of Ojojojo was recently released.

It's kinda funny comparing the tone of the series now with the beginning. I don't think it's a bad thing at all, though! Also I can't believe how clueless Chris is, but he's gotten to be so likeable anyways.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

New Stretch!!

And probably the cutest yet.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is that a manga masquerading as a stretching handbook or the other way around?

It was kinda cute yes. :3:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I dunno what the stretching bits are all about, I'd say 'excuse for fanservice' but lol at manga in general, and ones by this guy specifically, needing an excuse for that.
Anyway, a good chapter.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
New Real Clothes!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So regarding Stretch, is it safe to say they have romantic attraction towards each other? I'm figuring yes, but I just want some other people's perspectives here.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Possibly? Its just been subtext so far, but the artist has done yuri before so I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually goes there.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'd say it's pretty obvious on Ran's part at least, after this latest chapter especially. Keiko is a bit more ambiguous though there are definitely a fair few signs. Whether the author chooses to focus on it or just leaves it an open-ended thing is another question.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
At this point, I don't care if they especially focus on it, so long as I know they are a couple. It would be really frustrating for this to just be a fake-out.

for no particular reason, I remembered that lesbianish character in bleach. Did they ever do anything with her later in the show?

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 30, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No. She was never important and rarely even appears.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I ought a figured that, thanks for the info.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

It's been pretty slow moving, but I think Stretch is moving to a more overt romantic relationship between the two. Or at least I hope so :allears:

Also, it's not recent, but Yozora no Sumikko de is the best shounen-ai I've ever read. It's adult focused (but not yaoi), and the art style is gorgeous. It's super short, but ties everything together really well. There's a sequel (Yoake ni Furu) ongoing, too.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That was pretty good. :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've read what there is of Stretch so far and have really enjoyed it. Apart from reminding me that I should stretch more (and my workplace even puts reminders all over the place for everyone, especially desk workers, to do it that everyone ignores), I like that it's not super focused on the characters' pasts. They come up from time to time, and in ways that give insight into them, but they don't dominate the story. It doesn't fall into the usual story line of one person having to "fix" the other. Plus I like slapstick a lot, and there's plenty of it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best thing about Stretch, outside of the main relationship, is how they portray their pasts, the depiction of Keiko's miscarriage and the subsequent breakdown of the relationship was amazingly effective and restrained, especially for manga. Also that fever dream chapter was creepy as gently caress.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 1, 2014

coathat
May 21, 2007

Hell yeah its good to be fat. Pochamani is back. http://www.mangahere.co/manga/pochamani/c012/

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Hirunaka no Ryuusei just finished, other than an extra chapter. It ended well for the most part.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Allarion posted:

Hirunaka no Ryuusei just finished, other than an extra chapter. It ended well for the most part.

I stopped reading after two volumes but I need to know who the MC ends up with because of reasons.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Alder posted:

I stopped reading after two volumes but I need to know who the MC ends up with because of reasons.

She chose Daiki instead of the teacher, hence why I think it ended well.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Allarion posted:

Started reading this without looking at the synopsis. I like the art and the idea of a country girl moving to the city, but the romance is gross.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Two new chapters of Uso Lilly http://bato.to/read/_/288466/usotsuki-lily_v17_ch103_by_hachimitsu-scans
Very funny.

New Yasha is good too. http://bato.to/read/_/288469/yasha_v5_ch25_by_megchan%e2%80%99s-scanlations

I really wish Teke Teke Rendezvous would come out quicker. http://bato.to/read/_/288280/teke-teke-%e2%98%85-rendezvous_v2_ch10_by_stiletto-heels

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Allarion posted:

She chose Daiki instead of the teacher, hence why I think it ended well.

This may have redeemed the series for me.

Is it shallow if I judge shoujo based on who ends up with the MC and whether or not I agree with it?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
If one of the options is an adult and the MC is underage, judge away. (Also I judge depending on how douchey the guy is).

I looked at that one but did read the synopsis so never started it. I think teacher romance is probably the line for me, not necessarily age gap stuff (partly because if you exclude all age gap ever you won't have much to read) but a teacher has that extra level of power over a student so romance stories with them are super gross to me.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

I looked at that one but did read the synopsis so never started it. I think teacher romance is probably the line for me, not necessarily age gap stuff (partly because if you exclude all age gap ever you won't have much to read) but a teacher has that extra level of power over a student so romance stories with them are super gross to me.
Exactly. Massive difference in authority/maturity.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm kinda ready for Usolily to be done, and although there's been a lot of silly and dumb stuff in it that I was ok with I really hate pregnancy storylines so I'm not real excited about where it seems to be going now. I've mostly skimmed the recent chapters to keep up, but at least it's the kind of manga you can breeze through without investing a lot of time or thought into.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, it feels like it's kinda coming apart at the seams now.

Just one chapter left, though, IIRC, so...

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

If one of the options is an adult and the MC is underage, judge away. (Also I judge depending on how douchey the guy is).

At least there aren't any age-gap shoujo mangas like this:

(From Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun)

I can't read series with teacher-student relationships (or ones with big age gaps) because it invariably creeps me out. I've tried getting into House of the Sun, for example, but I could never read past the third chapter or so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nondevor posted:

At least there aren't any age-gap shoujo mangas like this:

(From Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun)

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on that. :( Maybe not shoujo ones I guess.

Also, I pretty much hate student x teacher stuff, apart from Hanjuku Joshi because apparently I am a terrible person who doesn't mind as long as it's two girls. :sigh:

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 3, 2014

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Outing myself as a person with terrible taste here, but general age gap is less of an issue to me even when it dips into what is definitely skeevy territory. I've read and enjoyed stuff like Ojikoi and P to JK so Taiyou no Ie is pretty mild in comparison. I remember being a teenage girl with crushes on adult authority figures so it's understandable where some of the demand for such things comes from at least, even the teacher stuff.

edit: vvv yeah :shobon:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 4, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

don't read stories where adults romance children, imo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's probably the best idea, to be honest.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Well I've bought the first three volumes so I might as well ask people here what they think.

Has anyone read Kimagure Orange Road? What did you think of it?

Maybe you saw the anime at least?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI56z5C2elc

The anime version is scored by the Evangelion and Bleach guy so that is intriguing. Gonna look into getting the OSTs too so as to listen to them while I read the manga.

Anyway, KOR appears to be have been quite a popular and influential work in its day. I was very intrigued to find that a romance manga was the 30th best selling manga in Shounen Jump history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Teacher-student romances are hugely inherently problematic, but Ichigo no Gakkou is one that handles it interestingly -- the student gets pregnant, the teacher fired, they get married. It's from his point of view, and talks most about his regret for admittedly preying on her & the conflicting feelings of starting a family with her/loving each other. It's pretty short, but worth reading imo. Less about romance, more about effects of actions and how we deal with them/take responsibility for bad choices.