Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I got perfect Strike and Epyon, I was wondering about Pefect Gundam and Perfect Zeong. That explains that.

Man I just cannot loving read some days. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Getsuya posted:

Enemies no longer drop just straight up parts, they also drop materials (in the video the example it zooms in on is him picking up some high quality plastic). If you have enough materials you can evolve your current parts into various more powerful versions. It shows the example of a laser rifle going through various upgrades and also shows a head piece with 5 different other head pieces it can be evolved into.

That sounds pretty drat cool. I'm so excited for this game.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
To clarify: enemies drop materials AND parts. From the way I worded it it may have meant that they drop materials INSTEAD of parts.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yes to online multiplayer, unsure if PS3 can play with Vita. Possibly, considering it's at the very least cross-save. Also, if you think that's good, the Gundam Breaker devs are SERIOUSLY nice. They released pretty much a full expansion to the original game, with some 40-odd missions and a few new suits, including a few new mission types as well, for absolutely free. Not even as DLC, they just patched it in. Those guys are great, and if they keep it up, Gundam Breaker 2 is shaping up to be a seriously fun time.

It's almost certain to be cross play. Gundam Breaker 1 was between Vita and PS3.

The only things I didn't see that I'm curious about are transforming (Zeta, Wing, etc) and/or activation (Unicorn NT-D), though we did see the Stargazer activate towards the end there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gundam Breaker: Building

Go to the "Set Up Your Gunpla" screen, either from the hangar or the main menu.

Parts build is where you turn sprues (runners) into parts. You're presented with a list of all the unbuilt sprues, which you can tab over to look at just heads, just arms, etc. Each part you build improves your builder level; higher builder levels let you build more powerful sprues and I believe improve the star rating (power) of the parts you build from sprues (though this is largely up to the pseudorandom number generator). Remember quality ranking of the unbuilt sprues:

White HG<Blue HG<Purple HG <Purple MG<Red MG<Gold MG

A purple HG sprue is more likely to have more stars than the same white sprue.

When at the parts build screen, if you press start and then choose the triangle option to build them all, keep the best example of each one in your inventory, and send the rest to parts storage. You get credit for building them all and it takes much, MUCH less time.

Once you start getting 1/100 parts there's no reason to keep the 1/144 parts, as even the highest 10-star HG part is not much better than the lowest 0-star MG part.

At builder level 5 you can scratchbuild to turn some parts into other parts. Here's what you can do:

HG
(05) GM Arm -> GM II Arm
(05) GM Leg -> GM II Leg
(05) Zaku Mine Layer (backpack) -> Gelgogg Cannon
(05) Gundam Mk-II [Vulcan Pod] Head -> Gundam Mk-II Head
(05) Gundam Mk-II (Black) [Vulcan Pod] Head -> Gundam Mk-II (Black) Head
(07) Zaku II Leg -> Zaku II Kai Leg
(07) Zaku II Body -> Zaku II Kai Body
(07) Zaku II Arm -> Gouf Custom Arm
(10) GM Head -> Guntank Head
(10) Gundam Mk-II Arm -> GM III Arm
(10) Banshee [D] (any part) -> Banshee [U]
(10) Unicorn [D] (any part) -> Unicorn [U]
(13) Strike Arm -> Akatsuki Arm
(13) Wing Gundam Zero (EW) (backpack) -> Wing Gundam (EW) (backpack)
(15) Banshee [U] (any part) -> Banshee [D]
(15) Unicorn [U] (any part) -> Unicorn [D]
(15) 00 Leg -> GN Archer Leg
(17) 00 Leg -> Gundam Virtue Leg

MG
(19) GM Arm -> GM II Arm
(19) GM Leg -> GM II Leg
(20) Zaku II Leg -> Zaku II Kai Leg
(20) Zaku II Body -> Zaku II Kai Body
(21) Zaku II Arm -> Gouf Custom Arm
(21) Gundam Mk-II Arm -> GM III Arm
(22) GM Head -> Guntank Head
(22) Zaku Mine Layer (backpack) -> Gelgogg Cannon
(24) Strike Arm -> Akatsuki Arm
(24) Wing Gundam Zero (EW) (backpack) -> Wing Gundam (EW) (backpack)
(25) 00 Leg -> GN Archer Leg
(25) 00 Leg -> Gundam Virtue Leg
(25) Banshee [D] (any part) -> Banshee [U]
(25) Unicorn [D] (any part) -> Unicorn [U]
(30) Banshee [U] (any part) -> Banshee [D]
(30) Unicorn [U] (any part) -> Unicorn [D]

Once you're done building all the parts you can choose what to equip your gunpla with.

Choose Customize Gunpla from the build screen menu. There are tabs across the top for all the parts on your gunpla. Head, body, arms, and legs are required; the rest are optional. As you scroll around among the various parts they will appear on your gunpla so you can see what your Frankengundam looks like, and the Gunpla Specs on the right will change to reflect the different parts. Blue numbers are higher, and higher is better except for total cost (the very last stat).

Some parts combine two functions (Heavyarms gun is a gun and shield, Gouf Custom gun is the same, GN Sword 2 and 3 are both melee and ranged). To equip them, make sure you don't have equipment of either type already on the robot or it won't let you add it. E.g., if you want the Heavyarms gun/shield, remove both the current gun and current shield before adding the Heavyarms part. With the GN weapons, you have to add the ranged and melee parts individually, and the ranged part doesn't appear until you add the melee part first.

Nobel Gundam legs change the moveset for your gunpla, give them a try. Some backpacks (Zeta, etc) also let you hover rather than walk.

Modules and EX actions are kind of their own thing; refer to this spreadsheet for details:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohrG04Yp2MXdG9OX3BSTDB2RTNoLW04UzRFWUtlNXc#gid=0

The Treasure Hunter module will make you get better things from the random drops so it is well worth your while to get it (and Treasure Hunter +).

On the build screen menu again, "Parts Stock List" lets you look at what extra stuff you have. You can move things to stock to keep them from cluttering up your inventory and sell them in one batch at the shop.

"Edit Gunpla Name" needs no explanation.

"Paint Gunpla" lets you choose colors and decals for individual parts. You can't paint arbitrary regions; each part will be split into 4 zones and you pick the colors for these zones. You can adjust a number of qualities of each of the colors (gloss, weathering, etc); play around with it and see what happens to the model. If you switch the "ON/OFF" toggle here it will apply decals if you have earned them for that part by Norma Clearing a stage in the game. You can select a camouflage pattern here if you've purchased one from the shop (the black rectangle at the top will have more options to the left and right when you do). Camo has no benefit, it's just aesthetic.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 30, 2014

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gundam Breaker: Shop

You can buy stuff here with the GP you earn during the stages.

Exchange GP for Gunpla - buy all the sprues for a complete model (head, body, legs, arms, backpack, melee weapon, ranged weapon). HG only, always white runners (lowest quality). Don't ever do this since you can get better by playing the game. There is a trophy for buying a certain number, though (30, I think).

Exchange GP for Items - this is more worthwhile. Under this we have Option Equipments, where you can buy grenades and rockets in HG and MG size, but what you really want are the repair M and repair L items, which are improved versions of the repair S option pack you start with. These are health packs that you can use any time in a level, and if you really need the help you can equip all three types. You can also buy camo patterns (for the gunpla) and Avatar Suits (for your character in the hangar). You can only have one avatar suit at a time, but you can switch gender freely.

If you're on the Japan PSN you can buy stuff with real money but you earn better stuff in the game so definitely don't ever do that.

Exchange your Parts for GP - sell built parts for money. Better parts (higher stars) get more money.

Exchange your Runners for GP - sell unbuilt sprues for money. Don't do this because the lowest quality built part is worth as much as the best unbuilt runner.

In the shop, if you press square and then circle at the prompt you will sell all the parts in your parts stock in one go - this is much faster than selling individual parts. Note that this is the parts stock where your spares go, not the parts that you can equip on your gunpla.

Multiplayer stuff:

You can set a room name and password.

There are some chat options in the hangar, you can do some other things like salute each other too.

The resurrection that human teammates can do and CPUs can't is a critical help, especially in the later stages. The last 15 or so I couldn't solo but they were doable with other people.

The person who approaches the pedestal is the one who selects the mission - you can find yourself in missions far above your level if an advanced player does this! But, if you survive the level you'll get a bunch of powerful parts that will make the earlier stages a breeze.

In multiplayer there isn't any competition for pickups - everyone gets all the sprues that the team collected, and pickups don't disappear for you until you pick them up - all 4 people can get the same health orb, one time each. However, you do get individual points for kills, so people may try to bogart enemies instead.

That's about all I have. I'm sure there are lots of subtleties I'm leaving out; if you can read Japanese check the wiki http://gb-wiki.net/ for more information.

I'm ServiceProvider on PSN - if you want some help, just look me up. Sending me a PM here will probably work better since I'm not on PSN all the time.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Minor addendum: You mentioned Nobel Gundam legs changing the movement of your unit. This is also true for some backpacks, which give you a somewhat more mobile floaty movement.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Minor addendum: You mentioned Nobel Gundam legs changing the movement of your unit. This is also true for some backpacks, which give you a somewhat more mobile floaty movement.

Thanks, I think you're the guy who put me onto the Nobel legs in the last thread.

EDIT:vvvvv No problem! Knowing the "build all" and "sell all" commands would have saved me literal HOURS when playing through.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 30, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

This is all really appreciated, copy pasting all this stuff down for later.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh huh, Loran's name was romanized as Rolan. I actually get it now.

Also ahahahaha they're arguing about the merits of custom builds vs original designs.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfAUoCZDpm8 Shining gundam for Maxi Boost. Even has a move where he lights up the saber like the intro :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dre2Dee2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfAUoCZDpm8 Shining gundam for Maxi Boost. Even has a move where he lights up the saber like the intro :allears:

I always liked the Shining's design better than God's so I was always sad it was in so many fewer games.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I love how we're still waiting on 00 SS/G, despite it being one of the first units announced.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Anyone watching Cross Ange? The Mecha designs are superb, the Reconquista designs are growing on me as well.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Anyone watching Cross Ange? The Mecha designs are superb, the Reconquista designs are growing on me as well.

The mech design's alright but almost everything else about Cross Ange is just horrible.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

TARDISman posted:

The mech design's alright but almost everything else about Cross Ange is just horrible.

I would be totally okay with a cross ange's inclusion in a future title if only for more attacks where the pilot disembarks to finish off the target personally.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eternal Volfogg posted:

I'm not watching it but I have a couple of friends who are watching it and say it is basically an atrocity so...

I'm hype as hell for Reconguista in SRW though. Klim Nick all day e'ry day.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I watched the entirety of Gundam Age and couldn't finish the first episode of Cross Ange. Don't watch Cross Ange.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Say what you will about Gundam Age, at least it didn't involve graphic sodomy.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

Say what you will about Gundam Age, at least it didn't involve graphic sodomy.

:stare:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The anime calls it a cavity search. It's really bad. Love thy fellow SRW goons. Stay away.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Rascyc posted:

The anime calls it a cavity search. It's really bad. Love thy fellow SRW goons. Stay away.

Is that actually shown, or did they offscreen it? Please tell me they offscreened it...

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

maou shoujo posted:

Is that actually shown, or did they offscreen it? Please tell me they offscreened it...
It was offscreen but it was extremely obvious this was happening. I suppose they wanted to shock the viewers with the main character going from a pretty pretty princess to having a hand shoved in their butt within the span of a single episode. :rolleyes:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

And now I'm glad I passed on Cross Ange. :stare:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Welp, deleting all those before watching now. Someone had recommended it and I haven't gotten around to starting it. Thanks for the warning.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People keep mentioning the sodomy because they just watch the 1st episodes, but there's worse and more gross stuff than that beyond.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tae posted:

People keep mentioning the sodomy because they just watch the 1st episodes, but there's worse and more gross stuff than that beyond.

Why would anyone KEEP WATCHING after the first episode? Masochism? Morbid curiosity about how bad it can get? I can sympathize with the second feeling, I imported ACE R after hearing about how terrible it is because I HAD TO KNOW just how bad it was.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Why would anyone KEEP WATCHING after the first episode? Masochism? Morbid curiosity about how bad it can get? I can sympathize with the second feeling, I imported ACE R after hearing about how terrible it is because I HAD TO KNOW just how bad it was.

ACE R doesnt involve sodomy either

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Endorph posted:

ACE R doesnt involve sodomy either
Are you sure about that? It sure felt like it when playing units like the Alt Eisen!

(I enjoyed ACE:R but man, if you don't pick something that's ranged and strong...)

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Davzz posted:

Are you sure about that? It sure felt like it when playing units like the Alt Eisen!

(I enjoyed ACE:R but man, if you don't pick something that's ranged and strong flying...)

Fixed that for you. I've never been more depressed to have chosen Full Metal Panic as my storyline...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not watching it but I have a couple of friends who are watching it and say it is basically an atrocity so...

I'm hype as hell for Reconguista in SRW though. Klim Nick all day e'ry day.

Reconguista is going to be amazing in SRW, you've heard it here first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvtko347pek

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Build Fighters Season 1 first, dammit.

And Majestic Prince, that too.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
All at the same time, in the same game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I don't know if this got mentioned here but Z3-1 is now getting a PlayStation the Best re-release on both PS3 and Vita. $40 PS3/$30 Vita. I guess Bamco really wants people to get ready for Z3-2.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yay, I got my SRWOGS2 soundtrack CD set. I ripped it to iTunes, and had it search for album art, pretty sure it would not find any. It did.

I'm keeping it, whatever the hell it is.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Policenaut posted:

I don't know if this got mentioned here but Z3-1 is now getting a PlayStation the Best re-release on both PS3 and Vita. $40 PS3/$30 Vita. I guess Bamco really wants people to get ready for Z3-2.

I'd be annoyed about paying 55-60 bucks for it when I could've waited, but honestly I got 120 hours out of it, that's more than most of my 40 buck US Vita games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TARDISman posted:

I'd be annoyed about paying 55-60 bucks for it when I could've waited, but honestly I got 120 hours out of it, that's more than most of my 40 buck US Vita games.

Yeah, I pretty much always get my $ worth from a SRW. Even one playthrough is a helluva long experience.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Build Fighters Season 1 first, dammit.

And Majestic Prince, that too.

I do wonder if AGE is going to be the one Gundam Series that they just skip over. Because they've been doing them in order for years and years now, but I have to wonder if they're going to just go straight from 00 to Build Fighters, and ignore AGE entirely.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

I do wonder if AGE is going to be the one Gundam Series that they just skip over. Because they've been doing them in order for years and years now, but I have to wonder if they're going to just go straight from 00 to Build Fighters, and ignore AGE entirely.

Nah.

There is however a good chance we'll only see AGE: Memories of Eden. The latest Super Hero Generation crossover uses Age but it specifically only uses AGE:MoE and IIRC only has Flit and Asemu's units in it.

Likewise Gundam Breaker 2 has AGE but once again only goes up to AGE-2.

Japan is pretty goddamn focused on pretending Kio Asuno doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
New game announced next Friday.

• Locked thread