Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I love the Zentorno but I really hate those matrix holes running down the back of it. Almost ruins it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

hiddenriverninja posted:

I love the Zentorno but I really hate those matrix holes running down the back of it. Almost ruins it for me.

I know what you mean, but you can put the big dual fin spoiler on it, helps a lot! :negative:

geeves posted:

The Zentorno looks like a giant turd.

That's because you only see them from behind.

Kelly posted:

I have one of your Serious Fun playlists bookmarked - will they run on the PS4?

Not until I port them, after I switch to ps4. Soon. I've been making a bunch of cool captures now that I found you can place actors in vehicles and capture objects on actors. Was thinking about organizing a ps3 get together soon if anybody wants to slum it with those of us who are left behind.

Wheany posted:

That also sounds like poo poo, tbh.

You seem cool. Friend me on PSN: yolosnypah420mercswagga69

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Wheany posted:

That also sounds like poo poo, tbh.

Don't deathmatch, it sucks asses. In fact, don't do any competitive mission types aside from races. You'll get all the PvP you want (and all the PvP you don't want) in free-roam. You will be non-consensually PvP'd.

Icedude posted:

The Turismo R is up there with them too, not quite as fast as the Zentorno but it sticks to the road a bit better. I usually pick that or the Zentorno when doing races where I can't use my custom car.

A lot of the custom races I run specifically say "no Turismo" because it's barely a supercar and can't make the jumps spanning 2 city blocks so it is garbage.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

titties posted:

Don't deathmatch, it sucks asses. In fact, don't do any competitive mission types aside from races. You'll get all the PvP you want (and all the PvP you don't want) in free-roam. You will be non-consensually PvP'd.

A lot of the custom races I run specifically say "no Turismo" because it's barely a supercar and can't make the jumps spanning 2 city blocks so it is garbage.

I don't think it is because it is "barely a super car" but something about how low it is fucks it up on jumps. You can't even lower it and it can get stuck on curbs.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

You will be non-consensually PvP'd.

lol

titties posted:

It's so low in the front that it brickwalls on a lot of stacked ramps as well.

E: dammit garbage dick

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I love deathmatches in trevor's torture room.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
How is that T/DM that takes place in franklins house? I saw like 3 goons playing it, and I had just got a group of other goons together for missions, so we weren't able to try it out, at the time.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Scyron posted:

How is that T/DM that takes place in franklins house? I saw like 3 goons playing it, and I had just got a group of other goons together for missions, so we weren't able to try it out, at the time.

Absolute pandemonium when you've got a full or nearly full set of people. Doing it in team mode you'll be able to like rack up 300+ kills per side in under 10 minutes, since it's large enough to not have the "people spawn outside the building because all spawn spots are full" issue.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I just played a custom race that was a 0.64 mile point to point straight line called 'drag race', sports class, no custom cars.

Dumbest race ever.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Has anyone tried anything with the physics in MP with the pickup trucks/suvs that have a boat trailer attachment attached? I don't remember them being in the PS3 game, but I could be wrong. I know they are in the sp but in like the 300+ hours on the ps3 online version I have never seen them. (though I only just had Trevor smoke meth and be high on it, after the tons of hours I put in on the SP.)

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Scyron posted:

It's absolutely bonkers with enough people in a team Deathmatch using owned weapons. I tried getting some of us together last night to play it but the connection crapped out and everyone dropped.

I have it bookmarked...I'm going to try it again tomorrow or Monday maybe.

titties
May 10, 2012

rally posted:

I don't think it is because it is "barely a super car" but something about how low it is fucks it up on jumps. You can't even lower it and it can get stuck on curbs.

Oh, okay.

Icedude posted:

The Turismo R is up there with them too, not quite as fast as the Zentorno but it sticks to the road a bit better. I usually pick that or the Zentorno when doing races where I can't use my custom car.

It is a good car, I was wrong

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Wow, is there any way to get the classic first person camera for planes in the ps4 version? The new one sucks so much in comparison. Really unfortunate. I loved flying around in first person (without a plane taking up 70% of the FOV) in the 360 version :\

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I now own a Zentorno. SUCK ITTTTT. :)

Now I need to win races and do stunts or whatever the gently caress so I can get more mods.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Yeah I dunno. Everything says the entity has a higher top speed. Also all wheel drive is pretty much the greatest. It's life being glued to the road.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Moochewmoo posted:

Yeah I dunno. Everything says the entity has a higher top speed. Also all wheel drive is pretty much the greatest. It's life being glued to the road.

It's less common to reach full speed in races than to need high acceleration. I am pretty sure the Zentorno is AWD also.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

rally posted:

It's less common to reach full speed in races than to need high acceleration. I am pretty sure the Zentorno is AWD also.

I don't think it is. And if Rockstar fixes their car poo poo, then acceleration would be the same between the two.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Moochewmoo posted:

I don't think it is. And if Rockstar fixes their car poo poo, then acceleration would be the same between the two.

The Zentorno is in fact 4WD. As far as whether acceleration is more important than top speed I guess it depends on the type of race. I prefer races with more sharp corners and technical stuff and I feel like the Zentorno has upped my game to the next level from the Entity I was driving for months.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

A real pro glitched the money to own all of the super cars, because he was upset at the freemium economy and felt entitled to the money, as well as justified since no other cheaters got punished.

The story of my GTAO life.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

rally posted:

The Zentorno is in fact 4WD. As far as whether acceleration is more important than top speed I guess it depends on the type of race. I prefer races with more sharp corners and technical stuff and I feel like the Zentorno has upped my game to the next level from the Entity I was driving for months.

I honestly can't find anything saying Zentorno is AWD. If it is then it is then that's pretty cool, I'll take your word for it. I did some driving in the Zentorno today and it just doesn't feel like it hugs the road nearly as well. I guess really for me it's a case of I don't see enough difference to buy a Zentorno and put off my buzzard purchase when the entity seems just as competitive. It's the traction that I really like from Entitiy. Also from how things are presented it seems raising acceleration is much more common in mods then traction and top speed.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Scyron posted:

A real pro glitched the money to own all of the super cars, because he was upset at the freemium economy and felt entitled to the money, as well as justified since no other cheaters got punished.

The story of my GTAO life.

Mad that I didn't glitch more or get billionaire'd.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Moochewmoo posted:

I honestly can't find anything saying Zentorno is AWD. If it is then it is then that's pretty cool, I'll take your word for it. I did some driving in the Zentorno today and it just doesn't feel like it hugs the road nearly as well. I guess really for me it's a case of I don't see enough difference to buy a Zentorno and put off my buzzard purchase when the entity seems just as competitive. It's the traction that I really like from Entitiy. Also from how things are presented it seems raising acceleration is much more common in mods then traction and top speed.

On one hand it's crap that you need a wing to increase traction, but on the other, wings improve traction. I JUST WANT MY COMET TO HAVE NO WING IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Have they ever said why the clothes are so segregated? I haven't played (as I mentioned in my last post) since basically the Beach Bum update and those gloves from the LTS pack are awesome but having to wear the combat sweater thing is kind of a bummer. I mean, the LTS clothes are cool, and I am rocking them for the moment, but I like wearing all kinds of stuff, and I'm constantly changing my guy's look (as my friend who I play with mostly can attest to). I've seen a few people through searching have glitched/been glitched and have it with other clothes, but it's just so odd how picky the game can be about what can be worn with what.

Also, Rockstar, you need to fix the drat scarves. I can't be a fabulous hitman/gangster/criminal type with it clipping through my bulletproof vest (which I have to have visible, because duh, it looks badass)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Did they tighten up checkpoints on Air Races? Before you only had to nip the outside edge of the ring checkpoint with your wing but now it seems like you need to get half a wing in the ring.
Also Entity's grip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLuV419_yXE

Quasipox posted:

Stuff about clothes
Most of the clothes from Single player aren't in GTA:O still as well.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

titties posted:

I was starting to realize that myself.

How does the matchmaking work, does it just invite people in the same session, or people from other sessions as well? Because I can see that if the pool of players the invites are sent to is max 30(?), getting a decent 10-player match to happen can be difficult.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

I want a hoodie with flames on it, because I'm going for a look. But I guess I'll have to settle for a plain black one for now.

titties
May 10, 2012

Wheany posted:

I was starting to realize that myself.

How does the matchmaking work, does it just invite people in the same session, or people from other sessions as well? Because I can see that if the pool of players the invites are sent to is max 30(?), getting a decent 10-player match to happen can be difficult.

If you're talking about selecting auto-invite in a mission / race lobby, it does a few different things. It sends out invites to the friends and crewmembers of the people already in the pre-match lobby as a priority, then I think it invites people from the "skill-matched players" list. I don't remember if it invites others in the session that you launched to mission from, though.

If your matchmaking is set to open, it will also allow on-call players and quick-join players to find your lobby.

The way this works can be confusing. Let's say you join DM that only has one other person in it (the host). They select "auto-invite and play". Everyone on your friends and crew lists who are playing will receive an invite, but it will say it's from you. They may not actually receive the invite until after the lobby has filled and the game has launched. This will annoy the poo poo out of your friends when they try to accept "your" invite.

I hate the auto-invite and never use it. If you get an invite from me you can be 99% sure I went through the list and invited you personally, and I will try to give you at least a minute or two to join.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Wheany posted:

I want a hoodie with flames on it, because I'm going for a look. But I guess I'll have to settle for a plain black one for now.

what about the skeleton one

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

So what are the best cars for each of the classes? I have about £800k left over from grinding missions and getting my apartment back when the game first came out but I have seemingly managed to forget everything about the game in the year or so since I last played.

I figure that Races are going to be the most enjoyable way to grind RP and cash until I level up and unlock the Buzzard in about 20 levels time.

E: Also, how many of them are stealable or are they all purchases through Legacy?

Zip! fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Nov 30, 2014

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

BitBasher posted:

I pretty regularly pass supercars in my 4 door sedan Sultan on long straights despite the speed bar being nowhere near as long.
I have a theory that top speed is limited to the speed at which the game engine can load new cells, so you don't end up bombing down the highway and looking at the super low res basic landscape you sometimes see in jets if you fly low enough on last gen. The problem is that R* haven't relatively scaled back all the top speeds so you get silly poo poo like sports cars outpacing supercars.

I swear something has always been up with turbo. When I added it to my entity I swear it made the acceleration worse. Maybe it changes the gear ratios so you have less torque at lower speeds, but a higher top speed. If I'm right this would actually make turbo a worse choice on entities and zentornos.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 30, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You don't need the best faaaaassterest :rice: cars, just something ok because most pubbies are loving horrible and will crash out all the time for easy passing. Pick cool cars and be cool instead.
Seriously I have 209 wins/299 losses in Racing and I'm just ok. I bump and smash into poo poo all the time.

Where do you find a Blista online? I need one.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I have a theory that top speed is limited to the speed at which the game engine can load new cells, so you don't end up bombing down the highway and looking at the super low res basic landscape you sometimes see in jets if you fly low enough on last gen. The problem is that R* haven't relatively scaled back all the top speeds so you get silly poo poo like sports cars outpacing supercars.

I swear something has always been up with turbo. When I added it to my entity I swear it made the acceleration worse. Maybe it changes the gear ratios so you have less torque at lower speeds, but a higher top speed. If I'm right this would actually make turbo a worse choice on entities and zentornos.

There's a bug right now with turbos actually making the cars slower than the stock versions.

geeves fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 30, 2014

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Croccers posted:

You don't need the best faaaaassterest :rice: cars, just something ok because most pubbies are loving horrible and will crash out all the time for easy passing. Pick cool cars and be cool instead.
Seriously I have 209 wins/299 losses in Racing and I'm just ok. I bump and smash into poo poo all the time.

Where do you find a Blista online? I need one.

Yeah at least with me if the race isn't a straight line, I win it or come close, even if I get rammed off the road early on by some swell person. I personally avoid ramming people but I know it can happen by accident and I don't take it personal if it happens to me, unless it's obvious they're doing it in purpose. But, I'm not a quitter so I'll finish the race damnit! Anyway it is much more about driving skill than anything. I just realized last night that while I'm pretty good in my Comet in most situations, that thing handles like garbage in the rain.

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.
My two cents on zentorno vs entity. Neither has a large enough advantage over the other to make you need to switch. I prefer the zentorno personally because it is better at power slides. In speed and acceleration they are very close. IMHO zentorno has the best control over slides of any car.

On an unrelated note, my ps4 should arrive tomorrow, can anyone tell me do I still have to play through sp until I open all three characters to transfer my online stuff over to the new system? I can't wait to buy that new dodo.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

A caveat to this is if you can get enough people together Crooked Cops is piles of fun.

im pooping! posted:

I just played a custom race that was a 0.64 mile point to point straight line called 'drag race', sports class, no custom cars.

Dumbest race ever.

It's not really meant to be played as a race, it's used as a benchmark for a lot of people to determine car stats, specifically acceleration.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 30, 2014

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Man the first person driving/flying sucks so much rear end now. That's like half the reason I got this. It's the same exact same thing with a static cockpit blocking more than half the field of view. I just wanted prettier graphics, I assumed they'd have just added more options if anything, not taken some away..

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

en1125 posted:

On an unrelated note, my ps4 should arrive tomorrow, can anyone tell me do I still have to play through sp until I open all three characters to transfer my online stuff over to the new system? I can't wait to buy that new dodo.

You only have to play SP up until the end of the North Yankton section. The moment you get control of Franklin you've completed the 'prologue'. I'm not sure if you have to have beaten the Online tutorial too, but that's just up until you get forced to go to the marker for an LTS.

edit: I should probably dig out the guide I made for getting through that poo poo as quick as possible.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

BitBasher posted:

It's not really meant to be played as a race, it's used as a benchmark for a lot of people to determine car stats, specifically acceleration.

Apparently I'm able to discern this from looking at the stat bars because I came in 1st out of 7.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
The stat bars really don't mean anything. Mods just max the bars out anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
He'll I'm trying to remember the last time any on these sorts of games had stat bars that WEREN'T wrong. ..

• Locked thread