Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

ultramiraculous posted:

much like your penis

and nobody knows snapchats penis better than you!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah I'm going to unironically predict that Bitcoin will be worth $1M/bitcoin in 15 years :psyduck:
it will because fiat currency quantitative easing hyperinflation ron paul end the fed

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

jony ive aces posted:

it will because fiat currency quantitative easing hyperinflation ron paul end the fed

agreed. a bitcoin will be worth $1m. and a loaf of bread will cost $8m

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
mathematically secure bread ownership on the loafchain

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
/u/changetip 1 crumb

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
bread owns

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ANAmal.net posted:

bread owns

it really does

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Good job stealing that loaf, mr robber guy (self.bread)

By javert

Now please give it back. I learned my lesson and I was planning on strictly enforcing the laws of the state.

I promise I won't give you a yellow scammer tag...

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Robawesome posted:

"Why you shouldn't rely on middlemen" or "Why Bitcoin is awesome for business." (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 30 minutes ago * by coinsquare_kits

We accept payments through BitPay - which has been really great so far - nothing against them.

However we reached a transaction limit today because of a surge of sales on Black Friday. We tried to raise the limit but it can take a few days. Orders were bouncing and we couldn't process orders! What a disaster....

....or was it?

Because of Bitcoin, customers could bypass BitPay and send us funds directly. We were up and running in no time - and no cut going to any middlemen.

Bitcoin saved us today. We think it will save a lot of businesses in the future.

Thanks for reading everyone!

- Coinsquare Team

the much higher transaction rate of bitcoin... yes, yes. this makes perfect sense

see also: no fees

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
they're a 2 week old exchange

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

My blockchain.info account was hacked Thanksgiving morning and they stole .14 btc from my double passworded, 2-factored account. (self.Bitcoin)
soumis 2 hours ago par apollojmr
Title simply says it all. I am dumbfounded and I have no idea how they got my coins, but I am shocked that the wallet was hacked with all of that going on. Any ideas are welcomed.

i am shocked too

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

ayn rand hand job posted:

they're a 2 week old exchange

no that's another coinsquare

this one etchess little metal plates with QR codes

no wait actually they send you the acids to etch little metal plates with QR codes

this will end well

http://coinsquare.co/pages/how-it-works

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Greyhawk posted:

this will end well

quote:

gentlement, i'm making GBS threads blood (self.Bitcoin)
soumis 6 minutes ago par f279
After I etched my safe aluminium qr wallet I drank the solution to make sure no one would be able to retrieve my key from the atoms and now

[–]maximumdickage 6 points an hour ago
get well soon 10 satoshis /u/changetip

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 29, 2014

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Greyhawk posted:

no that's another coinsquare

this one etchess little metal plates with QR codes

no wait actually they send you the acids to etch little metal plates with QR codes

this will end well

http://coinsquare.co/pages/how-it-works

nah, you can etch aluminum without any acids if you do it electrically

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

After I etched my safe aluminium qr wallet I drank the solution to make sure no one would be able to retrieve my key from the atoms and now

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Oh my god yes

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

i want to believe

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

that is obviously a joke, guys

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

duTrieux. posted:

that is obviously a joke, guys

yes, but on the other hand bitcoin

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

"Then they fight you": Bitcoin paralyzes them with fear, as it should. This is phase three, gentlemen. (self.Bitcoin)

submitted an hour ago by americanpegasus

The soup of emotions must be horrible. They see bitcoin, they see the adoption and the legitimacy of the math. They understand the promise and the advantages. And instead of doing the bold and logical thing, buying in, they spend their time hating and harping, even in this subreddit.

Bitcoin has moved past the ignore and laugh phases. No one is laughing at bitcoin anymore. And when the next run begins in 2015, be ready for the fight. You are going to see all manner of hatred thrown out. They will call it 'terrorist money'. They will call mercilessly remind people of how bitcoin has no inherent value. They will sling around words like 'bubble' and 'tulip'. They will hate.

Why? Because, these feeble brains cling to their old ways. Maybe they have traditional investments, maybe not. But whether emotionally or financially, they are invested in the current way of doing things. Bitcoin threatens not just their understanding of money, but their concept of self.

You don't threaten a person's concept of self without a fight.

And ultimately they are weak and bitter. Bitter for not having the magic foresight of buying in at 10 cents a coin (when they laughed at the 'true believers') and cowardly and weak because they refuse to risk even the one percent chance that bitcoin might fail at these incredibly advantageous price levels.

People don't like to admit they are wrong. They will do almost anything before they admit they are wrong.

And anyone who doesn't see that the next great paradigm shift in finance after banking, interest, stocks, bonds, and derivatives is bitcoin is just being stubborn. They've already been wrong about the past four years. And they will be even more wrong soon.

Bitcoin will be worth over $10,000 a coin. That will happen before 2020. Think about that. It's a psychological, societial, and mathematical certainty (barring the foundation somehow being broken.... Astronomically improbable).

I'm not a coward like the others. I was wrong. Laughing at the two previous crashes, I sat confident that bitcoin was a pyramid scheme. I was confident it would be swept away, or at least replaced by bitcoin 2.0.

Only now can I see the future with crystal clarity. The headstart in adoption and mass consciousness is too large to topple. The tipping point is achingly close. Bitcoin is about to become the new gold. It will be the new standard by which nations measure financial stability and security.

Having a solid ownership of the block chain is going to be prestigious and hotly contested.

Bitcoin is going to change the world, in our lifetimes.

And we can own it now. Before jobs pay salaries in it. Before mass consciousness and adoption.

We are the blessed few, because we use reddit and are tapped into the bleeding edge of technology to know about it now. People, the bleeding edge of humanity has NEVER been a comfortable place to be. People will call you crazy, deluded, and worse.

"Flying? What are you, an idiot? It's frankly unbiblical. "
"Man cannot go to space. It's impossible."
"The Internet is a silly toy for uber-nerds. "

I was wrong.
But now I'm not.
Bitcoin is the future, and I'm proud that today I became one of the 21,000,000. I own my first whole bitcoin.

I hope in the coming months to become one of a million by owning 21.

And ultimately own 0.001% of all bitcoin by collecting 210.

In the meantime, enjoy that you can buy hundreds of thousands of future dollars for just about $370. It's the greatest life hack that ever was.

Glad to be here with you all.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Robawesome posted:

No one is laughing at bitcoin anymore.
but we are? :confused:

first they ignore us,

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

no chargebacks

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

jony ive aces posted:

first they ignore us,

:captainpop:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
its over, someone tipped me bitcoin, i must leave now.
i'll see you when satoshi pubh returns, maybe i'll ask apostle karples to intercede for your soul nerds

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the fact that Satoshi is still anonymous and hasn't gone public to ball the gently caress out with bitcoins lets you know he's a corny dumb idiot

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

If the USD does crash, how will we know the value of a bitcoin? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 8 hours ago by e-erik

Guys guys if hot chicks get ugly how am I supposed to know how desirable I am?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

indigi posted:

the fact that Satoshi is still anonymous and hasn't gone public to ball the gently caress out with bitcoins lets you know he deleted his private keys in a paranoid freakout years ago and can't stand the humiliation of having to admit that publicly

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Robawesome posted:

We are the blessed few, because we use reddit

:laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Guys guys if hot chicks get ugly how am I supposed to know how desirable I am?

he's so close

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

i'm worry about Blockchain, AI, and the Singularity (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 57 minutes ago by utuxia [-6]

...when our money becomes self aware and attacks us.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
When bitcoin becomes self-aware, realizes how retarded it is, and kills itself.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

vOv posted:

i'm worry about Blockchain, AI, and the Singularity (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 57 minutes ago by utuxia [-6]

...when our money becomes self aware and attacks us.

ill have some of what this guy is smoking

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Sniep posted:

ill have some of what this guy is smoking

i don't think you want to inhale electronics smoke

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

unpacked robinhood posted:

its over, someone tipped me bitcoin, i must leave now.
i'll see you when satoshi pubh returns, maybe i'll ask apostle karples to intercede for your soul nerds

poo poo man your cover's blown! Paid shills are not allowed to touch the buttcoins. It's like offering an undercover officer a bump of coke before you deal.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Boxturret posted:

i don't think you want to inhale electronics smoke

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I still have a $30 tip trapped in coin base because you can't use Bitcoin for partial payments on newegg so I have to buy newegg gift cards with my cc first.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

FCKGW posted:

I still have a $30 tip trapped in coin base because you can't use Bitcoin for partial payments on newegg so I have to buy newegg gift cards with my cc first.
sounds like all you have to do is wait for bitcoin to go up uP UP

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Gold

http://www.cryptobullion.net/about

quote:

Nothing says "seriously, we are legit" quite like the use of Comic Sans. (cryptobullion.net)

submitted 7 hours ago by mitchwells

http://www.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/comments/2nsvo0/nothing_says_seriously_we_are_legit_quite_like/

add "people who know nothing about metals and gems" + "people who know nothing about service" + "people who know nothing about payment systems" to the Venn Diagram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Alan Smithee posted:

add "people who know nothing about metals and gems" + "people who know nothing about service" + "people who know nothing about payment systems" to the Venn Diagram

• Locked thread