Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theadder
Dec 30, 2011

and the yosposter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theadder posted:

and the yosposter?

shown in red :smug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

can you imagine a scenario where the bitcoin community doesn't rally to tip him back into riches, I mean they donate to cp facilitators and people who hire hitmen and drown hobos in swamps.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

indigi posted:

can you imagine a scenario where the bitcoin community doesn't rally to tip him back into riches, I mean they donate to cp facilitators and people who hire hitmen and drown hobos in swamps.

I think if there's any silver lining, if buttheads are anything to go by, the cp community will make a big stink about crowdfunding, some piece of poo poo will offer to step up to the plate, and he'll get like 5 satoshis

(that piece of poo poo is hopefully just a scammer/interpol agent)

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've made a huge mistake (self.Bitcoin)
soumis 5 hours ago par chuai
A whole month of mining with no results -- and I just found out why. I've been typing "setgenerate true -1" in the console and leaving my computer on for almost 8 hours a day every day. I'm 14 and live with my uncle. Today he showed me the electricity bill and it was over $300. FML

[–]heltok 2 points 3 hours ago
A pretty cheap lesson to turn compared to marrying a woman you don't love or trusting the banker.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Alan Smithee posted:

add "people who know nothing about typography" to the Venn Diagram

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol guess how much r/millionairemakers raised

$600        

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

theflyingexecutive posted:

$600        

did they actually hand it over to someone?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

unpacked robinhood posted:

A whole month of mining with no results -- and I just found out why. I've been typing "setgenerate true -1" in the console and leaving my computer on for almost 8 hours a day every day. I'm 14 and live with my uncle. Today he showed me the electricity bill and it was over $300. FML

[–]heltok 2 points 3 hours ago
A pretty cheap lesson to turn compared to marrying a woman you don't love or trusting the banker.

Let's audit this code. I'll start: What does "setgenerate true -1" mean?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

$600        

well that'll be worth $1m by 2020 so there's really no difference

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

$600
that's FUD

the winner says he got $300 in butts and $665 in actualmoney via paypal

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
they almost made him a thousandaire

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What was the point of millionairemaker, just a lottery basically? If so I'm surprised he made it past the 2 digit mark since it's the very definition of gently caress Me Get Yours

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
it was a lottery where no one had to pay in advance and no one had to commit to paying anything at all, they just somehow picked a winner and then anyone who decided to would pay them a few bucks and the hope was that the winner would become a millionaire and that they'd do the lottery again.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

The point was to AstroTurf changetip and bitcoin, but then the poll they were running re "how you want to be paid if you win" had paypal (with the shittiest possibly wording) beating both of those options so :laffo:

E: Amazon and Google 's options were mysteriously absent

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Same Great Paste posted:

E: Amazon and Google 's options were mysteriously absent
do those even let you send money to someone who isn't a merchant

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Good point.

Googling reveals that Amazon shut down its free person2person service a couple months back. Not a fair criticism.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Someone wanted to make money by creating a pyramid scheme but didn't want to actually run a pyramid scheme, so they made up this millionaire thing where people just give "some random guy" some money.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Anal Vore: I feel reasonably fart

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

jony ive aces posted:

do those even let you send money to someone who isn't a merchant

google does. ive used it a few times to pay back some friends for random things.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

unpacked robinhood posted:

I assume "computer" here means PC rather than any ASIC-based miner, so how much was he likely to make anyway?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

add "people who know nothing about typography" to the Venn Diagram

Looks like we got a paid statist Times New Roman shill here.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Buttcoin purse posted:

Times New Roman? :commissar:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Buttcoin purse posted:

everyone knows statists prefer Helvetica

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Buttcoin purse posted:

I assume "computer" here means PC rather than any ASIC-based miner, so how much was he likely to make anyway?

Depends on the pc, but thanks to the most retarded arms race in history that asic manufacturers have created this person would have probably turned $300.00 of electricity in under $1.00 of pure bitcoin profit.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

y'all a bunch of prudes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

gimme some more BFL laffs. that's my fetish

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Alan Smithee posted:

Gold

http://www.cryptobullion.net/about

http://www.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/comments/2nsvo0/nothing_says_seriously_we_are_legit_quite_like/

add "people who know nothing about metals and gems" + "people who know nothing about service" + "people who know nothing about payment systems" to the Venn Diagram

lol @ the quotation marks around 'certified metals and gems'

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
What the hell is up with that new avatar I keep thinking some guy is sperging out in every thread I read

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

What the hell is up with that new avatar I keep thinking some guy is sperging out in every thread I read

also this morning i woke up startled after having a dream that my father was spending his life savings on bitcoin.

really hope it was just a nightmare and not a premonition / remote viewing.

seriously though. what the gently caress. don't want bitcoins in my dreams, despite all the laughs they've given me.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

So this is what I was doing last night in London... (i.imgur.com)

submitted 14 hours ago by AbbyBitcoin

[–]Aalewis__ 1 point 45 minutes ago

You dear m'lady radiate like a vibrant queen. I can tell a lady that appreciates a good guy when she sees one. Would you like to enjoy conversation with a gentlemen such as myself? I Respect women, intelligence, class, and of course bitcoins.

[–]Billistixx -1 points 3 hours ago

How many bitcoins for you to sit on my face?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ugh I hate this time of the year, bunch of smug bitcoiners justifying pc mining because is "doubles as a heater"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

counterpoint: maybe some sweet outdoor snow rigs

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao I was thinking the same thing

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

quote:

submitted 14 hours ago by AbbyBitcoin

[–]Aalewis__ 1 point 45 minutes ago

You dear m'lady radiate like a vibrant queen. I can tell a lady that appreciates a good guy when she sees one. Would you like to enjoy conversation with a gentlemen such as myself? I Respect women, intelligence, class, and of course bitcoins.

[–]Billistixx -1 points 3 hours ago

How many bitcoins for you to sit on my face?

how are bitcoiners going to breed if they keep geting their sex ed from camgirls

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

look at the image url

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Alan Smithee posted:

how are bitcoiners going to breed if they keep geting their sex ed from camgirls

i am pretty sure that any camgirl around would tell them not to act like that

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

eschaton posted:

everyone knows statists prefer Helvetica

something something serifdom

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

but isnt Helvetica the font of every disruptive crowdfunding campaign for indie music apps?

pretty sure Garamond is the choice font of grammar nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

triple sulk posted:

lmao I was thinking the same thing

Lol

• Locked thread