Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

verbal enema posted:

I'm on right now got an OK pub with me

The_Maniac_Cop here. I think that might've been my cousin, M_P_5_kurz. We usually stick to PSN party chat because it's cleaner than in-game so if we didn't listen or something during the few missions we did, blame it on party chat.

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'll be getting back on in a couple of minutes. I am remote playing for simeon import car, but if anyone wants to do missions/serious play I can get on my ps4.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Croccers posted:

Where do you find a Blista online? I need one.

One spawns at the furthest west mod shop in the parking lot. I had been looking for one, found it there, got excited, turned it around to slap insurance and a tracker on it and some dickhole blew me up. I found it there again later the same day.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I have a cargobob in my Pegasus lineup for both of my characters. Is that not normal?

Yes. The Cargobob is not a vehicle you can buy standard. You could get it a long time ago with some GTAO internet browser fuckery but Rockstar, to my recollection, has never officially put the Cargobob up for sale.

This made it hilarious when they released those infographics when the PS4/Xbone versions dropped and they revealed that the Cargobob is like the 5th most owned helicopter in the game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mash posted:

The_Maniac_Cop. I think that might've been my cousin, M_P_5_kurz. We usually stick to PSN party chat because it's cleaner than in-game so if we didn't listen or something during the few missions we did, blame it on party chat.

We had some good runs last night. I don't have a mic so don't worry about it. Invite me to the party next time I like to listen.

Pretty good first ever helicopter last night that was fun.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

verbal enema posted:

We had some good runs last night. I don't have a mic so don't worry about it. Invite me to the party next time I like to listen.

Pretty good first ever helicopter last night that was fun.

Pickup Sticks can be really hard mission so if that was your first time piloting a helicopter you did pretty good. My cousin was pretty skeptical at first but by the time we got to the Frigit warehouse he was convinced you knew what you were doing. :v:

If I'm not with my cousin I'm usually in crew+friends chat, but I'll add you next time I'm in a party.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

What is the best way of earning RP currently?

If you see me on, I'm usually up for running missions, etc.

Found this spreadsheet by someone with too much time on their hands. Values may vary since R* seems to tweak them with every major update, but it should give you a good idea of the RP and payout.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S7biZw_EehikIbBKx1sgGMgHa1onOPLwegkn8LNuDJ8/edit#gid=201305197

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

en1125 posted:

I

I am lvl 180 and I regularly see cargobob spawns. It seems totally random now. I see pretty much an even mix of cargobobs, buzzards, and Mavericks/froggers.

Edit: I see the cargobob at sandy shores airfield more often than anywhere else.

That's encouraging. I just hope it's not because you happen to be in proximity with a lower level person tho.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I have a cargobob in my Pegasus lineup for both of my characters. Is that not normal?

:argh:

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
I still have a cargobob in my pegasus list from way back when the fun wasn't disallowed on the PS3. It's fun whipping it out and dropping submarines into swimming pools.

I miss the DNS hacks :(

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

geeves posted:

Awesome poo poo.

Hey mang. You and Kelly should add me on PSN. We had wicked fun on 360. PSN:DriverZiploc

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
We really owned that pickup sticks, Otiosely. :radcat::respek::madmax:

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

We really owned that pickup sticks, Otiosely. :radcat::respek::madmax:

Yes, but then Satellite Communications beat us over the head.

e: do not trust JKL with your trailers

Zenzizenzizenzic fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 1, 2014

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Yes, but then Satellite Communications beat us over the head.

Lmao I am having the worst truck luck today. I think we've lost more missions than we've passed this evening :v:

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
If any goons want to do some races tonight add me, tired of all pubbies: Geebs710

Doh, PS4

rally fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 1, 2014

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mash posted:

Pickup Sticks can be really hard mission so if that was your first time piloting a helicopter you did pretty good. My cousin was pretty skeptical at first but by the time we got to the Frigit warehouse he was convinced you knew what you were doing. :v:

If I'm not with my cousin I'm usually in crew+friends chat, but I'll add you next time I'm in a party.

I was only like 3 beers deep then so I was like mad pumped up to give it a shot. I am aware of L1 and R1 so that makes me 100% better than most pilots imo

I had a lot of fun doing a different thing per area. 1st one I just circled it, 2nd I think I landed dropped you guys off then took up hovered and came down since you wrecked the baddies. Same with the 3rd the fourth was fun as heck. I actually had to get out and pop some shots at some fools. Picking that guy up off the rooftop felt cool as heck No man left behind ya know.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zip! posted:

So what are the best cars for each of the classes?

We should really put together something for the OP, because this is a perennial question.

Something like "best for racing," and "pretty good/has a notable feature" so people don't just pick the same cars over and over.

something like this maybe? but for all classes:

quote:

Super:
Best for racing: Zentorno
Second best for racing: Entity XF

Other Notable Supers:
Adder (highest top speed in the class/game?)
Voltic (lowish top speed, incredible acceleration)

quote:

Sports:
Best for racing: Massacro
Second best for racing: ???

Other notable sports cars:
Sultan RS: really solid performance, cheap insurance, 4-door. You should have one of these.
Carbonizzare: very fun to drive, high top speed, good performance, RWD only so I hope you know how to control torque!

I'm thinking something like this would get you an idea of what cars are cool to have as well as which ones are the pro min/max racing best-in-class.

e: also it might be worth having "cars to avoid in this class" if there even are any, like cars that are so bad they aren't worth it at all.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 1, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

What makes the Massacro so good for the sports class? I've got a Carbonizzare and a Sultan RS and I thought I was good for that class.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's fast, handles well, accelerates well. Basically, it's a little more forgiving than a Carbonizzare. If you're good with the Carbonizzare's quirks there isn't a huge reason to get one for missions/driving/funtimes.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Ok now get those heists out. I swear there's a somewhat different flight model/set of hidden stats on the "owned" one compared to ones from missions, SP, random helipad pickups.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 1, 2014

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I'm still gonna agree with Croccers, it's simple enough to weed out which car sucks balls in each class, but as far as they go, pick the one you think looks coolest. Driving skill is more important than speed for a lot of races.

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.

a cop posted:

That's encouraging. I just hope it's not because you happen to be in proximity with a lower level person tho.

:argh:

Definitely not. I usually play in an invite only lobby by myself when I'm grinding cash, so I don't have to bank my cash after each mission.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Stock voltic=fastest supercar in all 'catchup on' races

Don't know why but srsly just use that

Holding triangle improves acceleration too

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Are there any good ways to make money? Like a Playlist that I can just get on and smash out missions? I bit the bullet and got a fully upgraded Zentorno, so buzzard is next on my list.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Moochewmoo posted:

Are there any good ways to make money? Like a Playlist that I can just get on and smash out missions? I bit the bullet and got a fully upgraded Zentorno, so buzzard is next on my list.

Buy it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm about to get on if anyone wants to do some general mission/dm/race/free roam gently caress around

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Yeah, probably not.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Im not fully sure I understand the requirements to not fail a stunt jump.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Feenix posted:

You've gotta jump it a certain distance while landing on all 4 wheels, it's difficult to judge because single player mode actually slows down when you do them, online doesn't as you know.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Feenix posted:

You have to land where they want you to land. They don't tell you where that is. If you're hitting a jump at full speed and landing it but still failing the stunt jump, I guess try jumping shorter?

For example, those big ramps at the airport that look like some kind of advertisement require you to land on the roof of the parking structure. I only learned this by accident while trying to backflip a motorcycle off one and landing on the roof.

Normally I'd have cleared the roof and died when the bike landed.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

titties posted:

You have to land where they want you to land. They don't tell you where that is. If you're hitting a jump at full speed and landing it but still failing the stunt jump, I guess try jumping shorter?

For example, those big ramps at the airport that look like some kind of advertisement require you to land on the roof of the parking structure. I only learned this by accident while trying to backflip a motorcycle off one and landing on the roof.

Normally I'd have cleared the roof and died when the bike landed.

I see. Thanks to you both. Yeah I was doing the one out of that tunnel under the building where you just kinda go off the shoulder of the curving road and yeah...

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Feenix posted:

I see. Thanks to you both. Yeah I was doing the one out of that tunnel under the building where you just kinda go off the shoulder of the curving road and yeah...

I ended up doing all the stunt jumps this time around and the absolute worst one is either the prison jump or the lighthouse jump. Both stick you in absolutely lovely situations and I can't decide which one is worse.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Do vehicle mods add that much in terms of performance? The online races are such a clusterfuck, I really don't want to be doing those if it's not absolutely necessary.

E:and I had that god drat Black Eyed Peas song stuck in my head all day.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Feenix posted:

I wonder if the race Stunt Jump glitch still works. Pick an official race that has a stunt jump in it's circuit. Instead of finishing the race just turn around and keep hitting the Stunt Jump. The race where you drop from the elevated road near the IAA/FIB buildings to the street was the quickest one.
I'm permanently stuck on -3 Stunt Jump Remaining.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It worked a few weeks ago when I wanted the Lime Green color so I grinded it out on the PS3 version. Maybe they fixed it for new gen.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Lyer posted:

The online races are such a clusterfuck, I really don't want to be doing those if it's not absolutely necessary.

It's so weird to see posts like this, to each their own, but racing is easily my favorite activity besides steal a police van and chase randoms. And it's totally because of the clusterfuckery. I keep putting it off but my goal is to make a long rear end highway race, call it death race 2000 and then play that in GTA Race with traffic and no catch up until the wheels fall off. It's like midnite club 3 but with guns and fake cars and more "rubbin is racing".

Edit: The Glamorous song? Yea, thatll be in there a few days. If Non stop pop is ruining your life with ear worms give VBR or Mirror Park a shot, itll replace the thing stuck in your head with a slightly different riff stuck in your head.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Dec 1, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHBVJK_140
Dude was the first one to quit when the job vote popped up.

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.

Feenix posted:

Often I found that I was going too fast on jumps and missing the perfect spot by overshooting it. A fully upgraded super is going to be too fast at top speed for a lot of them. Also I found that it didn't always require 4 wheels but it is important to hit at least 1 front and 1 back wheel and get the other 2 down very quickly after.

I used the zentorno, usually at about 3/4 speed. Sultan is also good for a lot of these.

Some of the landing spots are pretty small. Some are very forgiving. I used a YouTube guide to get a good idea of the sweet spot on ones I was having trouble with.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Duke Chin posted:

Just yet another in a long line of design decisions in GTA:O that leaves pretty much everyone scratching their drat heads :shrug:
The only reasoning that I could ever see them holding out on it was for future DLC but since the phone glitch allowed a number of us to grab it perhaps it got put on the back burner. But the fact that they put all the time into making the skycrane with the big rear end magnet on it, and then only allow it for like a mission and a ½ in single player just further promotes more head scratching.

At this point I want to make the little :shrug: arms on the :rockstar: logo.

I think that one of the worst decisions that Rockstar have made with regards to GTA:Online so far is patching out the ability to open the back of and put cars in the Titan.

Rockstar are dumb.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I think that one of the worst decisions that Rockstar have made with regards to GTA:Online so far is patching out the ability to open the back of and put cars in the Titan.

Rockstar are dumb.
Honestly for me this is one is the things that makes sense that they don't have. They still can't get their poo poo together with stable servers after an entire year of beta testing and a few hundred millions in their pockets from it. How are they going to get vehicles to behave physics wise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Rockstar are dumb.
Didn't that crash the game/servers? If so, they patched it because programming is hard, not because they hate fun (they do hate fun though).

• Locked thread