Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't forget remixing the memories of that well-known badass bounty hunter, who hellbent on tracking you down, so she'd join your side... only to never turn up for the rest of the game, save to give you a lift in her ship.

Also, is it just me or did it seem like the "sneak up and extract memories" bits seemed like placeholders for never-added memory remixes?

Alas, I forgot. :v:

But yeah, I assumed that she was doing stuff for the Errorists (which is an amazing name, IMHO) on the side, but I guess the writers forgot all about her. I always thought that they used her way too early in the plot as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Goddamnit Disney not having a single sale is a bummer. I'm hoping they will have something going during X-mas though.

Tron 2.0, Split/Second, Epic Mickey 2, LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean are titles I need to get sooner or later.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Split / Second and Pure are the bee's knees, the only thing depressing about it is that Disney still gets to make money off of Black Rock Studios' work after shutting them down with "So, as a racing game studio, how about making some freemium social games? No? Then you're fired."

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

They're releasing a GOTY edition early next year with upgraded visuals and all the DLC included, so I wouldn't bother grabbing DS2+DLC unless you can get them both together for $5 and don't care about the visual upgrade.

wait, visual upgrade? It already looked pretty good on PC, any info on what they are planning on doing? I don't wanna wait a year

Orv
May 4, 2011

Q-sixtysix posted:

wait, visual upgrade? It already looked pretty good on PC, any info on what they are planning on doing? I don't wanna wait a year

Zilcho!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Q-sixtysix posted:

Yeah, they are importing the Xbone/PS4 engine version over to the PC. Here's the Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6OvKFwIza8

Speaking of Dark Souls: Besides the DSFix is there anything else I should use for Dark Souls 1 on the PC?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Q-sixtysix posted:

It is not only a visual upgrade - it has new content, like NPCs, and it redesigns encounters/enemies plus extra stuff like improved item descriptions and "better matchmaking systems" alongside 6 player sessions.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Azran posted:

It is not only a visual upgrade - it has new content, like NPCs, and it redesigns encounters/enemies plus extra stuff like improved item descriptions and "better matchmaking systems" alongside 6 player sessions.

Super gank squads are gonna be sooooo fun.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BexGu posted:

Speaking of Dark Souls: Besides the DSFix is there anything else I should use for Dark Souls 1 on the PC?

Nothing is mandatory, but you can slap in some textures if you find ones that aren't stupid. (You won't.)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Orv posted:

Nothing is mandatory, but you can slap in some textures if you find ones that aren't stupid. (You won't.)

Any that are helpful/fun? Or is it really just slap on DSFix, Prepare to Die?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I've bought Alien: Isolation purely as a result of Palpek's evangelising of it. Hoping its as rad as he says it is. How does it scale on less powerful systems. By way of a barometer I ran Shadow of Mordor at 720p at decent framerates.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Never played a survival game. Is the Forest any good? Or 7 Days to Live?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xIcuGPwVyE

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My god, I haven't even thought of this game for years. If I remember correctly, driving over cobble had the appropriate and very satisfying sound :allears:

Is this the racing game? I had the first one on my 486 in like 1996-97, I had no idea they made a sequel!
I remember I had a french exchange student staying at my house when I got it and he pronounced it "scray-a-mur".

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

BexGu posted:

Any that are helpful/fun? Or is it really just slap on DSFix, Prepare to Die?

There should be a patch coming in December to remove GfWL, so I'd wait to start til that comes in case you need to update DSFix for it or something goes wrong with save game conversion, but other than that pretty much.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Deadulus posted:

Never played a survival game. Is the Forest any good? Or 7 Days to Live?

Can't speak for The Forest, I'm waiting for that to get a little more complete based on what people are saying.

Did you like Minecraft? 7 Days to Die is basically what Minecraft survival mode should have been. Build or fortify a base and defend it from the zombies tearing it down, scavenge for food, water and items to craft. It's hard on first-time players but once you know what you're doing it gets a lot easier.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Oenis posted:

Crossposting from the Lords of the Fallen thread:

Lords of the Fallen is $29.99 on Bundlestars today
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/lotf-digital-deluxe/

However, you can bring it down even further with the coupon BONUS28, making it $21.59, which is the cheapest it's been so far.

This even works if you're from the EU, like I am, by using Hola Better Internet or some other chrome proxy extension, so you don't become a victim of the silly 1:1 currency conversion.

I impulse bought it at this price, even though I heard mixed opinions on the game. I'm willing to take the risk because I'm in the mood for another souls-like game for the holidays.

Nice deal, cheers for the heads up.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems
Does anybody know whether Gamersgate has any currently-active coupons?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I know people are going to hate me for saying this, but I'm actually having a good time playing Watch_Dogs. However, it's not because it's particularly a good game.

I won't start spewing bile about this game because most people who hate it should know all of the bad publicity it's gotten. However, along with the game, I bought the season pass DLC, which grants you this bad boy:

The Chicago 1920's Outfit. Why does it matter? Because you can wear it anywhere:

In the streets:

For a selfie:

During story missions:

And most importantly: During cutscenes! :woop:

I'm barely three missions in, and Aiden Pearce plays himself so easily into the ultimate redditor stereotype: bitter, introverted, vindictive with a skewed and extreme sense of justice. With actual sentiments such as "I'm rather depressed about my niece dying, good thing that everyone in Chicago sucks so I can read into their personal history, and have a laugh while leeching their bank accounts", and "Crank call my family? How about I hack your phone and crack your skull open?!" you can not sympathize with him in any way whatsoever. Loss of family is tragic but nothing can justify such idiotic under-the-breath mumblings such as (And this is an actual quite). "If ctOS is going to double their guard, I better double my weapons".

Throwing libertarian gun nut into the mix--and having you buy a 416 assault rifle (3rd pic) as an actual mission, when it's completely unnecessary, as that mission is stealth-able (I would know, I just did it)--only sweetens the deal, along with this classy, gentlemanly hat. Being able to roll with it from square one and through all sorts of cutscenes have been adding to this pure giggle fest that a lot of people here won't bother to touch--and I certainly won't blame them.

I just wanted to share the story of how euphoric this pleasant surprise has been. :tipshat:

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Occultatio posted:

Does anybody know whether Gamersgate has any currently-active coupons?

Is Gamersgate-turkey over already?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Goddammit Aiden, take off your loving hat when you are indoors. :saddowns:

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
lol I'd forgotten about Aidens dumbass coats in Watch_Dogs. It's crazy how there are like seven different coats, all the same stripe of retarded looking, that you can buy. Who thought that poo poo looked ok? no one would wear that! ever!

Also Watch_Dogs is just a mean spirited game in general every one who isnt Adiens immediate family is a terrible person. Chicago is made up exclusively of terrible people, it seems, cause nothing good ever happens when you voyeur-out on those apartments.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

HardDisk posted:

Goddammit Aiden, take off your loving hat when you are indoors. :saddowns:

I'm sorry if I've offended, m'lady. *tips hat*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's funny that Aiden's coat and ICONIC CAP(tm) are meant to help him blend in and be unassuming but all they really do is make him stick out like a sore thumb, especially if you're wearing the dumb fedora.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Croccers posted:

How's Tabletop Simulator coming along these days? Has it progressed past only really able to play TCG/LCGs with it? Mousetrap-like things would be cool but miniature games beyond Warhammer would be excellent.

It certainly is possible as it is currently, there always seems to be people working on special dice and ripping / making models etc. Devs are really great too, adding stuff like ruler lines for measuring. Of course, most TCGs work perfectly.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

It's funny that Aiden's coat and ICONIC CAP(tm) are meant to help him blend in and be unassuming but all they really do is make him stick out like a sore thumb, especially if you're wearing the dumb fedora.

Since the AI isn't anywhere near that discriminating or complex it's not really that funny at all. it's just sad. That whole game is sad.

Saint Isz
Aug 6, 2001

Strider steam code is down to $6 on GMG today with the coupon code YEHWO3-8WN62G-KZ7AVT.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

mr. nobody posted:

It's way too easy to do this in Shadow Warrior, and it has made me save more often

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nriAwmmJ7nk
The one foot fall near the first secret makes you violently tumble and scream in agony.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I've bought Alien: Isolation purely as a result of Palpek's evangelising of it. Hoping its as rad as he says it is. How does it scale on less powerful systems. By way of a barometer I ran Shadow of Mordor at 720p at decent framerates.
Alien: Isolation is a very well optimized game by all accounts so you should be fine. Also remember to play on normal unless you can stomach reloading various sequences a few times because of harsh difficulty.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Drifter posted:

Since the AI isn't anywhere near that discriminating or complex it's not really that funny at all. it's just sad. That whole game is sad.

I'll agree that it's all sad, but then I remember it is, or was, a major release game, with tons of unaccounted for hype and excitement for it until it launched.

Since tragedy + time = comedy, I've been enjoying this. Not because of all of the disappointment from consumers, but that this game plays and is written in an entirely straight, serious manner. This isn't at all like Bulletstorm where the characters are deliberately unlikeable shitbags. There was research and effort in terms of everything, except creativity, when it came to Aiden. It'll never stop being funny how he turned out.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

SA_Avenger posted:

Is Gamersgate-turkey over already?

Nope - expires Dec 4th

GAMERSGATE-TURKEY

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Hay guys, here's my haul this sale.

Did I do well?

e: On a more serious note, I've never played any of those Day-Zzz/Rust/Forest zombie games, but I've been playing 7 Days to Die. And, it's not bad :wth: It's still alpha-y at times, but a lot of the mechanics are implemented and implemented well. Only complaint is that hitboxes and combat are awful right now. But if they can keep improving and don't burn out as an empty husk of early-access hell then this will be a drat good game.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 1, 2014

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Xaris posted:

Did I do well?
Nah, Mining Industry Simulator wasn't even on sale man, you should have waited for the X-mas sale.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

The issue with Watch_Dogs is that it strikes me as similar to the Assassin's Creed series, which wants to set you up as the good guy against the evil conspirators, and then asks you to poison fifteen guards into a slow, agonizing death that may very well kill bystanders as well. Why? To impress some prostitutes, of course. :v: It's very much wanting to eat its cake and stll have it afterwards, not realizing when you cause innocents to smash into each other in an intersection to... avenge the death of your niece in a car accident, maybe it's you that's the rear end in a top hat. The main difference is that setting the game in the modern day, where we can more easily suss out right from wrong, makes the difference all the more stark.

More games really just need to go with the Saints Row or early Grand Theft Auto route and presume that if the game is having you do this stuff - you're a murdering lunatic. You may be a likeable lunatic, but if you're going to be having a character do these things, any justification is likely to come across as hollow.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

Did I do well?

I see you bought Assassin's Creed Unity.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

Did I do well?

That's not dung in the truck, is it?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Alien Rope Burn posted:

That's not dung in the truck, is it?
VVVV

Drifter posted:

I see you bought Assassin's Creed Unity.

So... yes.

Anyways, some other deals

Borderlands 2 - $2.99 (http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/borderlands-2/92828). This is loving pennies for a 40 hour game.
LEGO - The Movie / Marvel / The Hobbit / Lord of the Rings / Harry Potter - $3.74 (Bundlestars) CHeapest they've been IIRC

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 1, 2014

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The issue with Watch_Dogs is that it strikes me as similar to the Assassin's Creed series, which wants to set you up as the good guy against the evil conspirators
The problem is more likely that Watch_Dogs isn't as good as rear end Creed from general gameplay/plot standpoint. People would easily let those ethical problematic slide if it wasn't just the tip of the iceberg. The same thing was with AC3.

Also GTA 5 is pretty cool about that stuff with different protagonists reacting to this differently: Trevor being a lunatic straight out of a Postal game, Michael getting therapy because of it and Franklin not really caring one way or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Palpek posted:

Alien: Isolation is a very well optimized game by all accounts so you should be fine.

I've only got a mid-range PC (i5-3570, 660ti, 8gb RAM - nothing fancy), and the game ran so great at 1080p that I turned to a custom INI file to allow me to push the detail even higher than max.

It still maintains a silky smooth 60fps solid. I'd not have thought it given the screenshots, but Alien: Isolation is running on a seriously slick engine.

• Locked thread