Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

pressedbunny posted:

People are calling it short because it basically ends once you get the title.

And that doesn't make it short. The lead up to getting the title takes a ton of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

career mode should be infinite seriouspost

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think people are mostly comparing it length-wise to the NBA2k My Career which pretty much goes on indefinitely/until you retire. Though that's not much of a good comparison because NBA My Career is even more repetitive than the WWE one.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It sounds a lot like the career mode of Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth, where you would just win and win and win and win but no matter how much you did, every time you went backstage to talk to the GM about a title shot they'd say you need to keep working. It was pretty much impossible to get a title shot unless you won the Royal Rumble or the KOTR, but the WWE 2k15 career mode doesn't even give you that option from the sounds of it.

Pretty loving accurate simulation.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

I think people are mostly comparing it length-wise to the NBA2k My Career which pretty much goes on indefinitely/until you retire. Though that's not much of a good comparison because NBA My Career is even more repetitive than the WWE one.

The UFC career modes went until you retired as well, but is also similarly pretty repetitive.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EA UFC Career mode trip report:
KO'd Chael Sonnen with my supperweight via handplant cartwheel kick in a superfight.

I hope next year they'll make the damage model a little more realistic. Landing 4 jabs and followed by overhand right should wobble a dude at least.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I laughed when I won the WHC only to be told that creative had nothing for me and I spent another several months on the Titus O'Neil / Miz / Luke Harper rotation

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

The UFC career modes went until you retired as well, but is also similarly pretty repetitive.

They're sort of WWE-ish too in that they force the retirement on you, often super-abruptly. UFC 3 hit a cutoff point (50 fights, I think?) where it simply said "hey, great career, next fight's it" and then wrapped up; EA UFC is even more hilarious in that your career longevity is theoretically tied to a permanent damage meter that goes up as you take hits in your fights, but at a certain point Dana White comes out and tells you about how as you get older everything starts to hurt more and you have to begin to think about calling it a day and the game begins bumping your permanent damage meter up by 20-30% after every fight even if you don't take a single hit, and within a few fights it automatically retires you because you can't compete anymore.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

how many fights does the average fighter usually have in their career

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

CarlCX posted:

They're sort of WWE-ish too in that they force the retirement on you, often super-abruptly. UFC 3 hit a cutoff point (50 fights, I think?) where it simply said "hey, great career, next fight's it" and then wrapped up; EA UFC is even more hilarious in that your career longevity is theoretically tied to a permanent damage meter that goes up as you take hits in your fights, but at a certain point Dana White comes out and tells you about how as you get older everything starts to hurt more and you have to begin to think about calling it a day and the game begins bumping your permanent damage meter up by 20-30% after every fight even if you don't take a single hit, and within a few fights it automatically retires you because you can't compete anymore.
That's how Fight Night worked (or at least it did up until the last one). The gains in your stats from training diminish over time, eventually they start to drop as you pass your prime.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CarlCX posted:

EA UFC is even more hilarious in that your career longevity is theoretically tied to a permanent damage meter that goes up as you take hits in your fights, but at a certain point Dana White comes out and tells you about how as you get older everything starts to hurt more and you have to begin to think about calling it a day and the game begins bumping your permanent damage meter up by 20-30% after every fight even if you don't take a single hit, and within a few fights it automatically retires you because you can't compete anymore.

That seems 100% accurate/reasonable and not at all hilarious though.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Does anyone know of a link to a list of the WWE 2k15 superstar attributes? I'm trying to add the updated attires for Dean etc. but having their OVR default to 77 is a pain in the rear end and I'd rather not try to approximate their attributes.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

That's how Fight Night worked (or at least it did up until the last one). The gains in your stats from training diminish over time, eventually they start to drop as you pass your prime.

Fight Night did just that, though--it made it gradual. It would wear you down over the course of a bunch of fights and make you struggle against the stat drain to hang out just a bit longer, which is absolutely correct and excellent. The UFC games just abruptly stop; you're not seeing your stats diminish or having to struggle more than you used to, it just sort of artificially ends.

IcePhoenix posted:

That seems 100% accurate/reasonable and not at all hilarious though.

In theory it is accurate and reasonable; in practice it means you have one fight where you're apparently in your youthful prime and everything is kosher, then you have another fight where you knock a dude out in thirty seconds without him landing a punch and the game's response is "HOLY poo poo WHAT A WAR, YOU CAN'T TAKE BEATINGS LIKE THAT ANYMORE, DUDE" as your permanent damage bar skyrockets despite the line above it that says you took 0 strikes.

If it were saying "you can't train anymore" or "your body gets injured more" it'd get more leeway but the only thing it's tied to is how many hits you've taken.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Man, 2k15 must not be doing well because the prices for 2k14 are still really high. Internet price seems to be ~20 but Gamestop wants something crazy like 30 for it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Career modes should run on indefinitely, and if that means you end up 800-0 with 650 wins over The Miz, so be it. If you find that fun, more power to you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The rewards are up for the PCC this weekend in Supercard. Goes a lot deeper than it used to now that there's another tier of cards.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I'm sure some people will be happy for the shot at the Legendary Diva pair.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

smashpro1 posted:

I'm sure some people will be happy for the shot at the Legendary Diva pair.

Nooo my Legendary Diva pair is the only thing that keeps me somewhat above the unwashed masses!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I just want a Sting card to set as my champion but there's no way I'm going to place that high in the PCC :( It sucks that a card like that is probably the only thing I'd be willing to pay for in the game but there's no way they'll ever sell specific cards when they have people willing to drop hundreds on title belt powerups or card picks. Oh well, based on past events, I guess I'll end up with an epic pro Cena or Big Show depending on who wins the PCC which is useful but not awesome :geno:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So for future reference, how do you book MITB-esque cash ins and/or match restarts in TEW?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The rewards for the latest pcc are just awful.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I've deleted my copy of Supercard.

Join me.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

I've deleted my copy of Supercard.

Join me.

But there are so many cards I haven't gotten yet, like Ultra Rare Cesaro, Epic Cesaro, and Survivor Cesaro.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Since the survivor tier happened my win rate has dropped like a stone. The grind to turn my group of level 10 or so legend pros into max pros is taking forever and they keep jobbing to the 3+ 2 common sandbag teams. I would have fed my epic pros to them but now we have a 20 card mode I don't want to do that. Also Survivor KOTR is crazy hard; I'm not even making the top 8s and I've yet to get a card above SR in exhibition since the patch. Improved droprates my rear end.

10 energy reserve is great though.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

I Before E posted:

But there are so many cards I haven't gotten yet, like Ultra Rare Cesaro, Epic Cesaro, and Survivor Cesaro.

He's Swiss, tho?

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I feel like I've been getting more URs; SRs seems to be about the same. Epic and Legendary also seem to be about the same--none.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sef! posted:

He's Swiss, tho?

And?

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

He just doesn't have that "it" factor.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sef! posted:

He just doesn't have that "it" factor.

He also can't speak ze English

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Finished the career mode in 2k15 last night. Took around 12 hours and i'm not even sure why i bothered. It becomes a case of your superpowered 100-rating CAW steamrolling the same 5 guys in singles matches that last about a minute until the game decides to let you wrestle for the WWE title and then you have another 4 matches culminating in a retirement match in the future against some lovely CAW.

Then i checked the unlockables list and apparently i somehow managed to miss a bunch of stuff. No loving way am i starting a new career to get it all.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Blasmeister posted:

Since the survivor tier happened my win rate has dropped like a stone. The grind to turn my group of level 10 or so legend pros into max pros is taking forever and they keep jobbing to the 3+ 2 common sandbag teams. I would have fed my epic pros to them but now we have a 20 card mode I don't want to do that. Also Survivor KOTR is crazy hard; I'm not even making the top 8s and I've yet to get a card above SR in exhibition since the patch. Improved droprates my rear end.

Since the update went live, I've already pulled a non-freebie Survivor card. Leading up to that card, I pulled two Legendaries, three Epics, and like 10 Ultra Rares. Keep grinding, I guess?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

interpunct posted:

Since the update went live, I've already pulled a non-freebie Survivor card. Leading up to that card, I pulled two Legendaries, three Epics, and like 10 Ultra Rares. Keep grinding, I guess?

How many matches have you played to get those cards? Since the update I've probably played close to a thousand matches and all I've pulled is one ultra rare, a handful of super rare and the normal number of rares (playing at Legendary tier).

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I'm UR++, just crossed it last night and ice only pulled a pair of sr in like 300 games. It's really loving annoying. It's like what's the point?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

interpunct posted:

Jeez you are crazy lucky. I've played almost 10,000 matches and I have only pulled MAYBE an epic or two.

Lots of UR and below, but haven't even touched anything above in random draws. Sure am glad 2K nerfed KOTR though!

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.
Yeah Supercard sucks now. The only thing that really made it fun was that you could make progress through the levels with KOTR. I don't get why they thought it was too fast, even playing a KOTR every two days you still would be stuck at a level for a good two or three weeks until you won enough cards to move on. Plus I usually stayed at a level until I got cards I wanted. Who wants to stay at one level for a month or two grinding out KOTR to maybe get a pair to pro? And I haven't seen a single Legendary or Epic off the exhibition board since the update. This game is an unfun grind now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they wanted to slow down the progress because the faster you progress the quicker you realize that progress is an illusion and the whole thing has been the exact same grind since the outset

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I've been playing TEW as NJPW. I've never tried a Touring promotion before, it's kinda fun.

I am really enjoying being able to have TV shows but not having to book them, since they are just clip shows. All you have to do is focus on your big events, but you still get income and popularity boosts from TV. And since you don't have to book 10 shows a month you can keep guys on PPA contracts if you want.

Basically I'm just reminding myself that having to book 1-2 TV shows a week really bogs the game down and I wish they could streamline that a bit. Like let me pick the guys who are feuding and let some automated booker handle the week-to-week stuff.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Ugh. If I win this kotr and get the 2 UR they're significantly worse maxed out then my mid 20 pro sr team. Guess I'll just max them out and work on getting more UR cards. It's only been like 700 cards since my last UR pull, I'm due right?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

The American Dream posted:

Ugh. If I win this kotr and get the 2 UR they're significantly worse maxed out then my mid 20 pro sr team. Guess I'll just max them out and work on getting more UR cards. It's only been like 700 cards since my last UR pull, I'm due right?

FWIW, I've noticed that I pull higher-tier cards much faster when I play the PCC matches so maybe try grinding through that over the weekend? During the first PCC I pulled maybe half a dozen UR cards over the course of a couple of hundred matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does anyone know roughly how many points they needed to finish in the top 2500 previously?