Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

Puntification, Shitposting Mod has been modkilled for posting another player's role PM in the thread. This game is now modless.

The spooky ghost of Puntification, mod-aligned ghost-mod is now modding the game.

You are all gathered around your gaming stations in the middle of the burial site, ready to get started. Someone has dug up some bones and knick-knacks and scattered them about to make it seem more atmospheric, seems kind of inappropriate to desecrate graves for the purpose of table decoration but you have to admit it’s pretty cool looking if a bit creepy. Then you remember 8bux was meant to be joining you, what’s happened to him?

8bux, town unsuspecting first victim has mysteriously vanished before proceedings have even started, spooky…

You assume he had better things to do and obliviously carry on regardless.

Day 1 BEGINS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Idk Asiina, I'm jakep

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I came here to make posts and drink milk.

And I'm all out of milk.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

Idk Asiina, I'm jakep

I'm so sorry.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wait a minute...

Puntification posted:

RULES

Flavour will potentially be indicative of alignment so you may wish to avoid claiming.

JakeP is clearly evil.

MMM is a scum

##vote MMM

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

MildManeredManikin (1): Asiina

Not Voting (8): Allen Wren, Epsilon Plus, EXAKT Science, HiipFire, King Burgundy, MildManeredManikin, Pinterest Mom, Somberbrero

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 03rd, 2014 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

who the hell is jakep

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

No, jakep is described as likeable and witty in this pm

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lynch all liars
##vote mmm

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina how can you have flavour worse than hitler and not be scum? HMMMMMM?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My flavour is someone in this thread and I was subtly mocking them so it could be a funny, funny joke when it was eventually revealed.

But congrats MMM, you've ruined it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Allen Wren posted:

who the hell is jakep

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm sad you guys don't know Jake.

Jake is a cool dude on occasion, a poo poo poster almost always, but is most often just a dick.

He used to play mafia here a lot.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think he stopped posted cause his testicles fell off.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

My flavour is someone in this thread and I was subtly mocking them so it could be a funny, funny joke when it was eventually revealed.

i thought it was obvious you were setting up that joke

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Mine is the worst flavour role in the world. Ugh, would rather be literally Hitler.

So I assumed this meant you got Mills and was going to vote you....

Asiina posted:

But now MMM has ruined everything.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is ridiculous.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I wonder if all of our roles are actually people who have a fairly bad reputation as posters go?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

no

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Allen Wren posted:

I wonder if all of our roles are actually people who have a fairly bad reputation as posters go?

That doesn't jive for me, no.

Are you saying yours is a bad poster?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Jake P is a very good mafia player and more people should give him credit.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also, please stop having fun. It distracts from mafia.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

Jake P is a very good mafia player and more people should give him credit.

I will take your word for it. :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

You haven't even voted yet. Clearly you are the one who is just messing up this thread with posts and no content.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

I agree with Somber. Mafia is not fun and should never be fun.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Asiina, in Clash on Monster Island, you said you hated my flavor posting because it made the game hard to read. Here, you're posting in and out of your character, making it potentially much more difficult to read the game. The court finds you guilty of scum. ##vote Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What character? I'm not posting in character at all.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

You haven't even voted yet. Clearly you are the one who is just messing up this thread with posts and no content.

In an effort to contribute to the content of this thread, I will vote Allen for hinting that he is someone with a bad reputation.

##vote Allen Wren

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

I've never heard of mine, so I can't say whether they're good or bad. I mean, the av photo or whatever it is looks sketchy, but that doesn't mean anything.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So my point was I've got sketchy dude, people were talking up jakep as a badposter, I asked if maybe that meant 2 + 2 + x = 6, is all.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

What character? I'm not posting in character at all.

You're right, you were just alluding to them in your post. You're still scum though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

King Burgundy posted:

Allen Wren posted:

I've never heard of mine, so I can't say whether they're good or bad. I mean, the av photo or whatever it is looks sketchy, but that doesn't mean anything.

So there's literally no reason for a town player not to post their flavour, just so we're clear. You guys don't have to beat around the bush here.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I just laid a hard truth down and everybody is shifting uncomfortably with how to deal with it. Like when a cat crawls onto you while you're trying to sleep.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hmm except the part where the OP tells you not to post your flavour.

MMM, super scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So there's literally no reason for a town player not to post their flavour, just so we're clear. You guys don't have to beat around the bush here.

There is probably still something we are missing, to quote it again:

Puntification posted:

Flavour will potentially be indicative of alignment so you may wish to avoid claiming.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Hmm except the part where the OP tells you not to post your flavour.

MMM, super scum.

Yeah. I would make JakeP scum if I was making this game. :shrug:

I don't really see why MMM would out himself right away like that, though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Maybe he didn't know and is trying to cover.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Flavour is indicative alignment so town shouldn't reveal flavour because we don't want to learn people's alignment :wtc:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Manny, I get where you are coming from, but even with the mod's caveat regarding flavor I'm not going to base my play on flavor arguments. I think it'll end up being a huge distraction that accomplishes very little that couldn't be done by just playing mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Manny, I get where you are coming from, but even with the mod's caveat regarding flavor I'm not going to base my play on flavor arguments. I think it'll end up being a huge distraction that accomplishes very little that couldn't be done by just playing mafia.

That's fair, but people also don't need to hedge weirdly on their flavour. It's an F11.

• Locked thread