Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I like Melotron a lot but sometimes just kind of... forget they exist? It's pretty cool how all the cameos in the new video are my favorite people (Spilles, Pohl, Naghavi, Ostermann)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LAIBACH IS COMING BACK TO FINLAND IN MARCH :woop:

Next year is shaping up to become the very best live music year ever for me.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

gently caress you.

Most interesting thing hitting my area next year so far is Manson. Which I'm def going to, but there's nothing else industrial that I've found coming this way. We just built a nice rear end arena, and the best we've been able to draw is Nickleback...

\/\/I know. the local buttrock station (which also plays some good rock so its still on my radio presets) has been hyping the poo poo out of the concert, and i know so many people that are going. The same people expressed interest in the manson concert on facebook because they only know manson as a poo poo stirrer who's on SoA. I think they may recognize Beautiful People or Dope Show if its played but not know its Manson.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Nov 27, 2014

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

You poor, poor soul. :(

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Thank you Pandora, for introducing me to NeuroticFish who I haven't seen posted about in this thread. We were talking about good new-old-school EBM? with a new album coming out in two weeks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ-rApXe6Pc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zXY_G639U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywfs07VFdpM

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I guess I should post more often. Neuroticfish has been a regular on my playlist for years, though I know not everyone likes him, and some of the songs are just... weird.
This is fun though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Rx9S7dvD4
and of course...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaP3Nsu_q8

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I quite like neuroticfish, the lack of mentions is probably down to them not having been very active in the last couple of years I'd guess. That said I think they did Resistanz two years ago but I wasn't in the UK for it at the time. I didn't even realise they were working on new material.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Aren't they the band with a plug for their website in the middle of one of their singles?

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Aren't they the band with a plug for their website in the middle of one of their singles?

considering one of their websites is https://www.ebmisdead.com it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they came out with an entire song about how dead EBM is.

e: it just came on my pandora station. yes, they do have a song that has "electronic body music is dead" in it.

Also, Pandora has introduced me to entire FLA albums i haven't heard before. Thank you pandora. I can deal with some random rear end poo poo that doesn't fit the station popping up (i think pandora draws off of all your stations for recommendations at times? Cause I got Computer vs. Banjo, which while totally awesome and went on my folk rock station doesn't fit a station started with Rammstein as the seed artist.)

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 27, 2014

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Yeah it's their catchphrase, I think there's at least one reference to that phrase and the website in every release. Most clearly in The Bomb which was posted above!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Also they're doing the soundtrack to the sequel to Iron Sky, so at least that is going to have SOME worth!

elektroboot
Nov 7, 2004

Neuroticfish! Man I haven't thought about them in ages, but I used to love the hell out of 'Wake Me Up'

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuQDg5sajNo
Extended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO_rbTy_v4Q which turned it into a straight up trance track. This is ok by me.

Pope Guilty posted:

It was a jokey thing where they pretended to sell advertising space within a song. "If you want to promote your product with a neuroticfish song, contact us at..."

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Have a dear friend HUGELY into Neuroticfish, so I've periodically given them a chance, but it's just never really done it for me. Loving Wake Me Up though, now.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

elektroboot posted:

Neuroticfish! Man I haven't thought about them in ages, but I used to love the hell out of 'Wake Me Up'

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuQDg5sajNo
Extended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO_rbTy_v4Q which turned it into a straight up trance track. This is ok by me.

It was a jokey thing where they pretended to sell advertising space within a song. "If you want to promote your product with a neuroticfish song, contact us at..."

It was really funny at Infest seeing them live when that promo sample started to play mid-song and they hastily turned it down

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I used to love Neuroticfish and now they're one of those bands where if I'm feeling really lovely I can wrap around music a blanket of their music and it reminds me of a fun and exciting time when this genre and it's subgenres was new to me.

[edit]

vvvvvvvvvvv

:pcgaming: fuuuuuuck :pcgaming:
:pcgaming: yooooooou :pcgaming:

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 29, 2014

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Youth_Code, Haujobb, FLA & Skinny Puppy: TONIGHT!!!

SP's been on my bucket-list forever, though for a while I assumed I'd never see them.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

teethgrinder posted:

SP's been on my bucket-list forever, though for a while I assumed I'd never see them.

So jealous! Have all the fun!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

teethgrinder posted:

You lucky bastard.

Pope Guilty posted:

So jealous! Have all the fun!

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

teethgrinder posted:

That is such a nice lineup. I just got into haujobb, and i kinda love them. Haven't heard anything (to my knowledge) from Youth_Code.

Twiin, you still around these parts? I know you started as a club night DJ, a friend of mine runs an all ages venue and is willing to run a club night once a month, any advice you are willing to impart? (there's actually a few clubs in town that are always desperate for anyone to DJ for free/just a free tab, but i figure industrial/EBM is something where it's better to go all ages just because of the appeal to young angsty things.)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

AA is for Quitters posted:

Haven't heard anything (to my knowledge) from Youth_Code.

Oh man, they're ridiculous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOaepwb_4pI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gU7rjSy1SM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhz-Kx_flQ

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
If you've not heard it check out consuming guilt by them, a friend bought all their stuff off the back of me linking that song on FB alone.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

So, Youth_Code and Haujobb were great. FLA and Skinny Puppy were ... former shadows of themselves.

Seen FLA before, spectacular show with Conjure One, Cyanotic, and m.i.a.b opening. This was ... phoned in.

I knew three different social groups at the show, all of whom had seen Skinny Puppy prior. They all said this was, nothing like what they've seen before. Just lame.

Ogre wore a costume, there were some mildly interesting visuals and ... that was pretty much it. They played Warlock at least. Also, better than NIN on the NIN/JA tour.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

So, Youth_Code and Haujobb were great. FLA and Skinny Puppy were ... former shadows of themselves.

Seen FLA before, spectacular show with Conjure One, Cyanotic, and m.i.a.b opening. This was ... phoned in.

I knew three different social groups at the show, all of whom had seen Skinny Puppy prior. They all said this was, nothing like what they've seen before. Just lame.

Ogre wore a costume, there were some mildly interesting visuals and ... that was pretty much it. They played Warlock at least. Also, better than NIN on the NIN/JA tour.

Wow, that's a bummer.

e: When had your friends seen SP last? I saw them in 2010 and they put on a show that I thought was all kinds of fantastic, but then again that was my first and only SP show I've seen. Just wanna know if their becoming-shadows-of-their-former-selves is a recent thing or what.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Nov 29, 2014

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

They've all seen them multiple times. Some said their show last year at the same venue was all kinds of amazing. I did hear some other people not at the show say recently that they can be hit & miss, so I'll probably give them another try.

Thing about FLA, I first saw them from the front row of a smaller venue and crowd. I couldn't get close, but it still just didn't feel as energetic.

Chatted with both members of Decoded Feedback a while :) Spotted Jimi LaMort of Malhavoc too.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

AA is for Quitters posted:

That is such a nice lineup. I just got into haujobb, and i kinda love them. Haven't heard anything (to my knowledge) from Youth_Code.

Twiin, you still around these parts? I know you started as a club night DJ, a friend of mine runs an all ages venue and is willing to run a club night once a month, any advice you are willing to impart? (there's actually a few clubs in town that are always desperate for anyone to DJ for free/just a free tab, but i figure industrial/EBM is something where it's better to go all ages just because of the appeal to young angsty things.)

I am a big fan of all ages nights. The trick to a new night is to give people a reason to go out of their way to try something new. There's no built in crowd or inertia or anything, so it's up to you to provide 100% of the motivation. The flyer is your best place to do all of that work. This is the flyer I did for the last new night I started:

So it should be pretty clear as soon as someone looks at that flyer if they're interested at all, and if they are interested then hopefully they're pretty psyched. You can't really do a night that's all things to all people, so you should really try to figure out who you want to attend and focus on getting them there. Targeted facebook ads are amazing for this -- you can look up all the people who like "ministry" or "nine inch nails" or "skrillex" or whatever in your area and then make a "COME LISTEN TO ME PLAY SKRILLEX" ad that only they see.

I hope that's the kind of advice you're looking for! If you mean more for the actual DJing, my biggest advice is to never play a song you need to make excuses for, and remember that you're not the audience.

teethgrinder posted:

I'm going to the Montreal show tonight. I'll let you know if Puppy's any better. The first show of a tour is sometimes a disaster even when the rest is alright.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
This just popped up in my email:

quote:

Hi ,

Due to the rapidly declining reach of Facebook pages, you will from now on receive a newsletter when there is important FRONT 242 news to be reported. The first newsletter also launches with a secret offer!

Special EUROROCK offer for FRONT 242 newsletter members

If you are planning to see FRONT 242 live at the EUROROCK festival in Belgium (May 14/15/16 2015), then there is very good news. Especially for the FRONT 242 newsletter members EUROROCK agreed to offer tickets at very special prices. Act fast because they are limited in number and time (action stops on December 5th)! FRONT 242 will be playing on Saturday, May 16th 2015.

You can purchase weekend tickets at 50 EURO instead of 55 Euro (70 Euro from tomorrow on) right here. (
https://www.tixxx.nl/nl/ticketshop/tickets/71/0/9d8974baddfc0e53300829f37e5fc88b0f5ce61b )
Day tickets for May 16th are available for only 30 Euro (instead of 45 Euro when they are announced tomorrow), you can order these right here. ( https://www.tixxx.nl/nl/ticketshop/tickets/71/0/06349be70bd2d5dd98d36b9b8dba0a057500fdac )

Thursday May 14 (warm up day): 80,90,2000 party / DEPECHE MODE PARTY / STAHLZEIT LIVE
Friday May 15: ALIEN VAMPIRES / APOPTYGMA BERZERK / KANT KINO / LOVELORN DOLLS / OOMPH! / PSY'AVIAH / STAR INDUSTRY / SUICIDE COMMANDO / THE BELLWETHER SYNDICATE / THE ORB / XMH
Friday May 16: ASP / FRONT 242 / LEGEND / LESCURE 13 / PETER HOOK (CELEBRATION OF JOY DIVISION) / STIN SCATZOR / TANZWUT / THE JUGGERNAUTS

Note that due to some issues in Safari, it's better using Chrome to order your tickets.

Act fast because these tickets are limited in number and time (action stops on December 5th)!

Accomodation details will be announced later on, but here's a preview of one of the options that will be available: (there is a picture of an adorable European hut here)

looks like a crazy lineup, but there's no way I can go.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Ohh, looks nice! But there's also gonna be this goth thingy with a great lineup for that genre in Belgium: http://www.blackeaster.be/en/home/

Decisions, decisions...

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Look you idiots just get your asses to Amphi Festival in Cologne in July and we'll get insanely wasted and flip out. poo poo, 242 is there too. I already bought a ticket :colbert:

ZoltarOmniscient
Jan 17, 2013
So the concert in Montreal was pretty good. Youth Code loving destroyed the opening set. I hadn't realized haujobb would get a crowd going like that, which was awesome. FLA managed to get a pit going, though Jeremy shouted over Bill a lot. I unfortunately was too far from the stage when SP came on to make heads or tails of what was happening. Also I met up with twiin.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

ZoltarOmniscient posted:

So the concert in Montreal was pretty good. Youth Code loving destroyed the opening set. I hadn't realized haujobb would get a crowd going like that, which was awesome. FLA managed to get a pit going, though Jeremy shouted over Bill a lot. I unfortunately was too far from the stage when SP came on to make heads or tails of what was happening. Also I met up with twiin.

Haujobb was great. FLA was embarrassing. Bill looked winded after bunny hopping for five songs. I thought he was going to fall asleep on his tom drum. Puppy...well, i have been waiting 20 years to see them, and it didn't dissapoint. Great, great show. Assimilate in the encore slayed me, and Dogshit was a nice treat.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

ZoltarOmniscient posted:

All of these things are true. The FLA mix was super weird. The backing tracks were way down, which meant bangers like Plasticity and Depth Charge were mostly kick/snare/vocals/yelling vocals.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
It was weird seeing FLA at the same place and having such different feelings; at Kinetik 2011 they had a much better mix of old and new songs, I thought, and more enthusiasm. My girlfriend had her purse stolen sometime around that set, so maybe I'm just more negative because of that (at least they only stole the money and left her passport card). Youth Code and Haujobb were great though, and Skinny Puppy was still pretty good I thought.

I see Ogre's made a commitment to sweat off 20 pounds by the end of the tour, with that costume he's wearing?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Sound at tonights show was beyond terrible. I feel so bad for all the bands. Bailed early.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
NYC? I wasn't feeling Haujobb or FLA but SP's sound was loving BANGING. I think Ken "Hiwatt" Marshall is at the board again...

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

This tour is the greatest thing ever devised on paper but it sounds like some serious balls have been dropped every step of the way.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Hope the Minneapolis show is good. Any goons going? Or anyone need a ticket, since I have a second?

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
I certainly wouldn't say the tour is poo poo or anything negative. Only thing I might be a little down on is that SP's performance seems alot like it's just a continuation of this past summers Shapes For Arms tour, and not new show/tour which is what I thought it would be

Also Bill Leeb literally thanking "Haujobb, Skinny Puppy...and umm...uhhhhhhhh... that other band." Too be fair I got there late and missed Haujobb and Youth Code myself. But then again I'm not the one being paid to be there.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They're probably just getting old. It seems like once bands hit a certain age their setlists get very predictable, 1-2 songs off the new album and the rest mostly greatest hits, with very little variation from night to night.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I've been looking forward to this tour for months, and due to circumstances not in my control I missed youth code tonight. So loving bummed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

TOOT BOOT posted:

They're probably just getting old. It seems like once bands hit a certain age their setlists get very predictable, 1-2 songs off the new album and the rest mostly greatest hits, with very little variation from night to night.

Leeb is definitely getting old. It doesn't help that FLA just isn't that plum good.