Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I just realized that a lot of my opinions this game match up with somber's so that's frightening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

Do any of you have any thoughts on Allen?

I realize there isn't a ton to go on, but that is also a problem.

I don't see the lack of posting as meaningful and I'm not sure why he would mention flavor if it could hurt him as scum.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

MildManeredManikin posted:

I just realized that a lot of my opinions this game match up with somber's so that's frightening

The infection spreads. We have to kill you as part of containment protocol.

I'm... so sorry.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

AHEM ~ I've noticed a lot of people posting but nobody FINDING SCUM! How can you play this game without being a S C U M H U N T E R first and foremost. Hang on a bit I'll have the scum team in ~10 minutes or so.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

It's worse than I ever could have imagined. Seal off the game. There can be no survivors.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Do any of you have any thoughts on Allen?

I think he's a pretty cool guy.

Lurking in this particular game is interesting since there have been mechanics specifically set in place to reward not lurking with in game actions. In theory this should mean that scum would have reason to make a bunch of posts, possibly even making useles filler posts to boost their post counts. We'll see if that comes to fruition, it's possible scum find the regular benefits of lurking more rewarding than the drawbacks gievn out.

Either way I don't see Allen as scum because I am literally somberbrero

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
EP you're tunnelling really hard on MMM right now. Not only that, but you're admitting that you don't care about the other content that's happened since you stuck your vote there. And, now that people are calling you on it, you're derailing. I really don't like it.

##vote Epsilon Plus

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

I believe this, for what it's worth (very little).

Epsilon you are required to explain this post in intricate detail

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Epsilon you are required to explain this post in intricate detail

gently caress you! You're not my real mafia dad!

EXAKT Science posted:

EP you're tunnelling really hard on MMM right now. Not only that, but you're admitting that you don't care about the other content that's happened since you stuck your vote there. And, now that people are calling you on it, you're derailing. I really don't like it.

a. It's not that I don't care, I just don't find it compelling at this point. I promise you I am reading and considering everything.

b. I'm sorry, I forgot this isn't supposed to be fun.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

No actually

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also despite being somber I'm not a no fun machine or anything, I'm just curious as to why

1)"I believe this"

2)"for what it's worth (very little)"

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Epsilon Plus posted:

a. It's not that I don't care, I just don't find it compelling at this point. I promise you I am reading and considering everything.

Are you sure? Because when you say things like this:

Epsilon Plus posted:

gently caress you! You're not my real mafia dad!

in response to being asked about an admittedly weird post you made, it really makes it look like you're trying to tick your postcount up while not generating a ton of real content and derailing discussion that helps us actually find scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

I don't see the lack of posting as meaningful and I'm not sure why he would mention flavor if it could hurt him as scum.

Well, even more so than normal, I find someone who isn't posting in Just Post Mafia suspicious in and of itself. I've never yet been in a game of mafia without at least one scum who was a super lurker. Although he is relatively new.

Due to that newness, he could have just made a silly slip though, in terms of why he would mention it.

Maybe he'll come forward before the day is out and dazzle us with his scum hunting though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also despite being somber I'm not a no fun machine or anything, I'm just curious as to why

1)"I believe this"

To clarify the statement I made: I believe Asiina's first vote was a jokevote. I am stating that my belief in Asiina is probably not worth much, as I am not the best player.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Epsilon Plus posted:

b. I'm sorry, I forgot this isn't supposed to be fun.

Mafia is serious business.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Exact are you scum? Send me a pm with a yes or a no and I promise I won't tell the thread.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AHEM ~ I've noticed a lot of people posting but nobody FINDING SCUM! How can you play this game without being a S C U M H U N T E R first and foremost. Hang on a bit I'll have the scum team in ~10 minutes or so.

Time's up. I'm waiting eagerly for your game winning post.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

To clarify the statement I made: I believe Asiina's first vote was a jokevote. I am stating that my belief in Asiina is probably not worth much, as I am not the best player.

I mean like, I gathered that. I just don't understand why you thought it was a jokevote and why you felt you had to come out and tell everybody your opinion was lovely and not worth listening to.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Time's up. I'm waiting eagerly for your game winning post.

I didn't give myself quite enough time. I'm still working through it but maybe exact and asiina?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Well... yeah? You're damned if you do, damned if you don't, because you got caught in something scummy and trying to fix it doesn't change that the initial reaction was not town.

Your Thirdvotegate started with me making an observation I found interesting after I made my initial point, which was that Hiipfire's bandwagon vote was awkward. You responded by saying that voting awkward bandwagon votes is lazy and that Hiipfire wasn't technically the third vote. I posted why I thought that was a semantic difference. This is your 'dishonest reasoning,' which had little to do with why I was voting hiipfire, and I was not even voting Hiipfire for the majority of that conversation so I'm confused by what your point ever was.

Just because you say it's scummy doesn't make it so. You had a logical inconsistency, I pointed it out, and then you defended it. It's not semantics at all. My point, which I've stated time and again is that you were using faulty logic to push your case. This is not a matter of opinion or an agree to disagree (like the other part of your case), this is you saying something which is flatly not true. The fact that 1) you continue to defend it and 2) you've somehow turned my bringing it up as a negative against me is what makes you scummy.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Oh, sorry. I admit there's something wrong with my brain that means I don't process/output language the way other people do. Let me take another hack at it:

Asiina's vote on you was the fourth post in the game (after it officially started). It was in reaction to you "claiming" your role (I am not sure if that is an actual claim or not). It doesn't come across as at all sincere. Afterwards Asiina starts pressing you a little harder and I don't think you reacted well to it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I didn't give myself quite enough time. I'm still working through it but maybe exact and asiina?

Oh man, I was expecting much more bells and whistles for this post. Take more time and spell out the cases?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I would like to read asiina when somber's not pressing her though. That's like enough to make somebody set off a polygraph while saying their name.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina posted:

Just because you say it's scummy doesn't make it so. You had a logical inconsistency, I pointed it out, and then you defended it. It's not semantics at all. My point, which I've stated time and again is that you were using faulty logic to push your case. This is not a matter of opinion or an agree to disagree (like the other part of your case), this is you saying something which is flatly not true. The fact that 1) you continue to defend it and 2) you've somehow turned my bringing it up as a negative against me is what makes you scummy.

As far as I can tell Somber loves doing this kind of thing. Expect him to admit he is incorrect, perhaps... sometime next July?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I would like to read asiina when somber's not pressing her though. That's like enough to make somebody set off a polygraph while saying their name.

Hey MMM, what's up?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

Oh, sorry. I admit there's something wrong with my brain that means I don't process/output language the way other people do. Let me take another hack at it:

Asiina's vote on you was the fourth post in the game (after it officially started). It was in reaction to you "claiming" your role (I am not sure if that is an actual claim or not). It doesn't come across as at all sincere. Afterwards Asiina starts pressing you a little harder and I don't think you reacted well to it.

Hey sorry about that, I don't want to make anybody feel like their way of communicating is bad or anything. I just wanted to ask some questions before diving headfirst into accusations.

I guess the problem with asiina's vote is that she left it on while other votes piled up on me (until I was at -1) despite it being a "joke vote" It's possible that a joke vote could turn into a real vote but she says it was always a joke vote which doesn't seem to match her leaving it on me while I entered the danger zone.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

No, it's cool. My communication style is all variety of hosed.

I legitimately did not consider the fact that the vote was left on you until you were at -1. This is good information to have.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hey sorry about that, I don't want to make anybody feel like their way of communicating is bad or anything. I just wanted to ask some questions before diving headfirst into accusations.

I guess the problem with asiina's vote is that she left it on while other votes piled up on me (until I was at -1) despite it being a "joke vote" It's possible that a joke vote could turn into a real vote but she says it was always a joke vote which doesn't seem to match her leaving it on me while I entered the danger zone.

I honestly didn't notice :shobon:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Epsilon Plus posted:

No, it's cool. My communication style is all variety of hosed.

I legitimately did not consider the fact that the vote was left on you until you were at -1. This is good information to have.

Yeah I missed that you got pushed to -1 as well, MMM.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Hey MMM, what's up?

Can you hop on skype so I can see if you're using your scum voice?

Alternately, summarize your thoughts on hiipfire for me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

1)"I believe this"

I'm fun! I love fun! Lynching scum is fun!

King Burgundy posted:

Oh man, I was expecting much more bells and whistles for this post. Take more time and spell out the cases?

Right? I want to know who's Totally Townie.

I have to actually start working so I'll catch up on this game later.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

Let me rephrase my statement using the maximal number of quotation marks to denote sarcasm that science will let me.

I missed this post on my first read through :golfclap:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Can you hop on skype so I can see if you're using your scum voice?

Alternately, summarize your thoughts on hiipfire for me

I'm not that bad at avalon. I won more times than I lost, and as scum too!

Hiipfire made a scumclaim, which honestly I think is a scummy thing to do and I will never not vote for it. He also has pretty much faded into the background of this conversation as soon as the heat was off him, which reads scummy to me, like he's afraid to say something and make himself a target again.

Allen is another person who hasn't really contributed an opinion. While he never got the initial pressure, I feel like they are playing in a very similar way. I'd bet one of them was scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

As an fyi, I *did* notice you went to -1 and it is one of the reasons I think Hiip is scum. He was your fourth voter with a fake looking joke vote, putting you at -1. Seemed like a super dangerous move for a vote he seemingly wasn't serious about. The nature of the joke(rolling start) was such that I think he was hoping for more votes on you as well. Then once you were voted out, if you were town, he could claim innocence because it was just a joke.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think the more you know hiipfire the less scummy the turbo attempt is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm not sure how much fourth vote/being at -1 means anything here. It's a 9 player game, the math is weird, it's really hard (for me at least) to get into the headspace where a fourth vote is -1.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm not sure how much fourth vote/being at -1 means anything here. It's a 9 player game, the math is weird, it's really hard (for me at least) to get into the headspace where a fourth vote is -1.

But, half of 9 is 4.5, rounded up is 5, 5 - 4 = 1, so four votes is -1. What's confusing there?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

KingB can you find a poster that you think is scummy who's name does not begin with "Allen" and end with "Wren"?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Nah it's still important, people shouldn't be throwing their votes around when it doesn't take that many to kill somebody.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i don't mean "we are in a pocket dimension where numbers behave differently", i mean "it's easy to overlook at the fourth vote is -1, because games don't usually start with this few players".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

But, half of 9 is 4.5, rounded up is 5, 5 - 4 = 1, so four votes is -1. What's confusing there?

EXACT,

EXACT

You still haven't sent me that pm or even acknowledged that when asked to guess a scum team I put you in the guess.

• Locked thread