Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
"hard pass" is not particularly esoteric, it just means he's passing on your claim/will not take action with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Allen Wren posted:

But for real what's a hard pass, I don't know the cool kid lingo, I come from GBS where they banned the cool kid lingo. :goku:

It's not mafia lingo, it's just a thing people say. Like, a pass as in 'no thanks,' but more firmly.

Your reaction is giving me newbie vibes so we're cool.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh, well, whatever. I'm not expecting this to be a banner that all will march under or whatever. Just postin'.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think I complain about how everybody sucks at mafia. Lurking is annoying and meta-reads are tragic but I think mafia is barely the kind of thing you can be good at.

Sorry I wasn't trying to say you were an rear end in a top hat or that you literally think everybody is always bad but often your posts criticize stuff in others posting

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MildManeredManikin posted:

Sorry I wasn't trying to say you were an rear end in a top hat or that you literally think everybody is always bad but often your posts criticize stuff in others posting

Oh, well that's because they're all garbage probably.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm losing my lead by the second, but don't know what else to say. Allen's misunderstanding about "hard pass" seem totally genuine, but I don't think that's a town tell for me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Allen just seems a little confused and he's new enough I don't feel comfortable voting him.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Allen Wren posted:

Oh, well, whatever. I'm not expecting this to be a banner that all will march under or whatever. Just postin'.

Hey, no worries. you definitely read like newbie town to me. It's just important to remember that you can still win as town even if you get killed, so it's important not to worry too much about being defensive, and more about hunting scum the best that you can.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Just a gentle reminder that Asiina is scum.

Pinterest Mom posted:

No, see, the thing I don't like about the MMM vote is that you could have spun it as serious or as a vote, retroactively, after seeing how things develop. You're saying it's a joke now, but there was a kernel of a real argument there. Hedging this way is scummy.

Hey also.

Asiina is...

TOWN

This comes out of nowhere, you had Asiina as scum before. Is this your only reason for unvoting?

Also Asiina has a massive scumtell which is that she gets quiet under pressure.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Somber are you willfully misreading what people are saying?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina posted:

Somber are you willfully misreading what people are saying?

Yes. Are you surprised?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Yes. Are you surprised?

Whenever you're done stimulating your mafia gland and want to contribute, go right ahead.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm, Allen is coming off really genuine in his newness. I really don't want to take him out on day 1 now. I'll give him time to get his feet wet and prove himself before spending any more time on him.

##vote Hiipfire

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll admit that KB is weirding me out a little this game. That above post feels very overwrought when the idea conveyed is just "Allen is new, no thanks."

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

I'll admit that KB is weirding me out a little this game. That above post feels very overwrought when the idea conveyed is just "Allen is new, no thanks."

:(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

But seriously, when I am not wordy?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
How are you people counting posts, by the way?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

How are you people counting posts, by the way?

Click on the total posts # instead of the thread.

Or here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3685154

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Whenever you're done stimulating your mafia gland and want to contribute, go right ahead.

Well it's going to be me voting you, is that allowed.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

This is news to me, I've literally been running a manual tally lol.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
On the Game Room page, clicking on the number of replies to the thread will link you to that page as well.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
There's wordy, and then there's this.

King Burgundy posted:

In an effort to contribute to the content of this thread, I will vote Allen for hinting that he is someone with a bad reputation.

##vote Allen Wren

I mean drat. This is super hedgey and the wording is so overdone.

...And I was going to put more stuff here, but apparently there isn't much else that pings my gut. Oh well, preserved for posterity.

Hey KB, where are you on Asiina now?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well it's going to be me voting you, is that allowed.

I missed it, did you ever actually say why I'm scummy?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

There's wordy, and then there's this.

I mean drat. This is super hedgey and the wording is so overdone.

...And I was going to put more stuff here, but apparently there isn't much else that pings my gut. Oh well, preserved for posterity.

Hah, out of context, that does look super weird. Keep in mind I was responding to this, though:

Asiina posted:

You haven't even voted yet. Clearly you are the one who is just messing up this thread with posts and no content.

Also, For the record, I still think he is scummy, I'm just moving him down in priority since I want to give him a chance to play. I'll still take full credit for being right when we flip him scum later. :)

Somberbrero posted:

Hey KB, where are you on Asiina now?

Her interactions seem town to me. Speaking of Asiina, I noticed you didn't reply to her last couple of posts to you. I was actually curious to see what you would reply to this in particular:

Asiina posted:

A town flip won't end the game for sure, but we still want to make our best effort to find scum every day, and I'm honestly not sure what feedback you think it will give you that is interesting. What will you gain if he flips town?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, I feel like we're just arguing past each other at this point and the more we bicker, the less anyone is interested in what we have to say.

I answered her in the post she's quoting. Obviously I think Hiipfire is scum, but if he's town I'd understand why she spent so much time defending Hiipfire while simultaneously voting him. That behavior doesn't make sense to me otherwise. Almost everyone has commented on Hiipfire at this point too and I feel like I'd have a lot to work with in the event that we were wrong.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

This comes out of nowhere, you had Asiina as scum before. Is this your only reason for unvoting?

I already answered this when kingB asked it.

Also I never voted Asiina, I put Asiina on my scumteam guess after ~10 minutes of analysis but it wasn't intended to be a hard read by any means.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So somber and Asiina are probably not the same alignment btw.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

If you think Asiina is town then this implies that I am scum, which is lame.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well, yeah.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll need to come back to this tonight because somber has certainly laid out enough info that I can figure this out.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

I missed it, did you ever actually say why I'm scummy?

I think that would really ruin the mystery, wouldn't it?

Realtalk: all you're doing is stating your opinion, then ignoring challenges to it - even when people call you out on illogical statements. You have way too narrow of a focus and you presume to speak for All Town Players (on Day 1 of all the times). You're trying to push other players into following you without looking too closely at your statements. You're not even really interacting with anyone other than King Burgundy.

In conclusion, ##vote Somberbrero

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

KingB has been dropping a few eyebrow raising posts that are worth collecting and analyzing when I'm not on my phone.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, I feel like we're just arguing past each other at this point and the more we bicker, the less anyone is interested in what we have to say.

I answered her in the post she's quoting. Obviously I think Hiipfire is scum, but if he's town I'd understand why she spent so much time defending Hiipfire while simultaneously voting him. That behavior doesn't make sense to me otherwise. Almost everyone has commented on Hiipfire at this point too and I feel like I'd have a lot to work with in the event that we were wrong.

Yeah, I figured it might be something along those lines. And that makes sense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't know that I agree with this. But I'll be interested in reading your analysis. I think it is highly unlikely they would both be scum based on these interactions, but I can see a town/town fight in there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

KingB has been dropping a few eyebrow raising posts that are worth collecting and analyzing when I'm not on my phone.

Looking forward to the effort post. :)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

I think that would really ruin the mystery, wouldn't it?

Realtalk: all you're doing is stating your opinion, then ignoring challenges to it - even when people call you out on illogical statements. You have way too narrow of a focus and you presume to speak for All Town Players (on Day 1 of all the times). You're trying to push other players into following you without looking too closely at your statements. You're not even really interacting with anyone other than King Burgundy.

In conclusion, ##vote Somberbrero

Can you back up any of this? Most of it is out and out wrong. Even still you're not explaining how a scum-alignment correlates with this behavior. Really, you just sound irrationally annoyed at me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I mean, honestly, "you presume to speak for All Town Players"? I can only guess you're referencing this.

Somberbrero posted:

I think pretty much everyone in the thread besides Epsilon thinks Hiipfire is scum, King.

That is true for the majority of the thread, give or take a poster. Even then, what would that possibly say about my alignment? At best your point is ridiculous hyperbole and at worst it's outright dishonest.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Is I were to actually pick out the necessary posts would you even be interested in them? Or would you just say "lol no wrong and bad" and move on?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Is I were to actually pick out the necessary posts would you even be interested in them? Or would you just say "lol no wrong and bad" and move on?

Can you even point out even where I've been dismissing criticism out of hand? Seriously, you've been on my rear end this game for no reason.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
MMM, I read over KingB and he's giving me a very strong town read. Everything he's saying is logically consistent. I don't agree that both Allen and Hiipfire are scum, but he's been on top and advancing the conversation at every turn.

There's really nothing there that even hints to me that he's scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also KingB I never realized before that your avatar was animated. Subtle.

• Locked thread