Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Tsaedje posted:

I saw it as a kid coming in to land when I was living next door to the Farnborough Air Show. loving terrifying.

'Sup fellow 'grew up with a nearby airshow on your doorstep' goon. Biggin Hill representin' :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Nice to see they haven't forgotten Poland's finest.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I hope a bunch of rich Sheiks buy used F-35s and race them when they're inevitably cancelled.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

gret posted:

No mention that Cojocar was promoted from the janitorial staff to team director?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esG6tzgSVpA

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
grosjean owns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He's really bad and much worse than Pastor "Big Pastor" Maldonado.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
a patently and obvious false accusation

meat CRime fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 3, 2014

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Being real for a second, I actually really loving hate Pastor.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Being real for a second, I actually really loving hate Pastor.

I really want to see how fast it would take him to be dropped if his sponsor dropped him. If it took longer than 5 minutes I would be stunned.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Gross-jeans probably takes those gloves out now and again and sniffs them.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Good thing it isn't a display of drivers' socks. If Romain was an SA member that would be incredibly suspicious.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Whitey Ford posted:

Oh Joe, thanks for never being boring I guess

Hahahaha:

quote:

Mr Saward also stepped down from the board. His connection to Caterham didn’t cease though as its F1 car ran for several races with a logo for the Grand Prix Plus e-magazine which Mr Saward is involved with.

When Caterham Sports went under he wrote that “the administration does NOT threaten the racing team, despite reports to the contrary.” In fact, of course it did indeed threaten the racing team as it missed two races and its future now depends on securing new investment.
Good old JJoc*, completely wrong even about things he was involved with.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

What is it with F1 Journalists fancying becoming a team owner. Didn't Peter Windsor keep saying USGP was having no problems as it went bust as well? You don't see reporters for the NFL figuring they have what it takes to run a team.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Dont we find out if known bare wasteman fraud champion Jenson Button is out of a drive today?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

track day bro! posted:

Dont we find out if known bare wasteman fraud champion Jenson Button is out of a drive today?

He said on twitter that nothing will be said today.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Like they aren't just going to delay the announcement again.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Stonking bit of journalism from Motorsport Magazine - the Mattiacci/Alonso/Vettel story. http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

This is why you'd never see 4 times genuine wdc Sebastian Vettel drive for McFailern.

Joke of a team.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Sulman posted:

Stonking bit of journalism from Motorsport Magazine - the Mattiacci/Alonso/Vettel story. http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

Ferrari are so hosed

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

serious gaylord posted:

He said on twitter that nothing will be said today.

Might as well keep stringing them along until the new season starts at this point.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have revoked Fernando Alonso's honorary Italian status, and he is now just another awful cheat Spainard. I bet he dopes like Nadal and Marquez.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

it's been reported uh loving everywhere that mclaren has a board meeting thursday where the driver choice will be decided

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

be nice wicka posted:

it's been reported uh loving everywhere that mclaren has a board meeting thursday where the driver choice will be decided

Will they also decide on their title sponsor for 2014?

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o
A Korean GP has been pencilled in for May next season:

http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/111449-korean-gp-returns-for-2015-f1-season

So with Mexico it makes 21 races on the calendar if they all go ahead.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

no lego already turned them down

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mega bloks mclaren honda

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mega bloks mclaren hyundai

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren is just going to run a giant "oc* on the sidepods.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

captainOrbital posted:

Aww, I would love to see one of those in person, especially landing or taking off. Those things are loving crazy also since when did the drat Russkies steal our space shuttle design? That poo poo is like straight up some Chinese-auto-industry-style theft.
They copied the Space Shuttle design, yes. The Russian government was baffled as to why the Americans went from the Saturn/Apollo to the shuttle, figuring it must have some crazy potential ability that they didn't know about yet.

Soooo they cloned it. Whilst the launch system (Engines were on the Energia rocket rather than the shuttle) was different, they were fundamentally very similar.

Their clone, Buran, made one spaceflight, orbited the earth, and then landed. All automated.

Buran Wiki Article

Also, they got their hands on a B29 Stratofortress, and made a like-for-like copy. So identical that the rudder pedals in the cockpit had "Boeing" on them.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Miku McLaren 2015.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Dudley posted:

First race of 2015. Ron Dennis is always good for his word.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

If McLaren announces their drivers by the end of the week I will eat my hat and buy a McLaren Honda one to replace it.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Miku McLaren 2015.

Would finally root for McLaren.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

Miku McLaren 2015.

I'm ok with this, as long as hologram Miku replaces Ron Dennis

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sulman posted:

That is an amazing article. I want it to be true so badly because it would demonstrate once and for all that Briatore is an eternal fuckup who couldn't manage a child's school project and ought to be banned from anything to do with adult life, let alone F1.

But the author's quotes being "used without attribution" is the most hilariously bullshit journalism phrase I have ever heard. At least the Daily Mail just goes "our source" and doesn't even try to legitimise the fact that they're making poo poo up.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
The FIA has released their report on Bianchi's crash - two important points being that Bianchi didn't lift as much as he should have during the double waved yellows, and that Marussia's design of their breaks made the failsafe (that applying the breaks and accelerator full on, together means that only the breaks get engaged) not work for Bianchi's car.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Would finally root for McLaren.

The only thing better would be JoJo McLaren.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

The Suzuka Accident Panel finally released it's findings relating to Bianci's accident:

The BBC posted:

Formula 1 driver Jules Bianchi did not slow down sufficiently to avoid losing control when he crashed at the Japanese GP, an FIA accident report has found.

Marussia driver Bianchi, 25, suffered severe head injuries when he crashed into a recovery vehicle in wet conditions at Suzuka in October.

He is no longer in an artificial coma and is breathing unaided, but remains unconscious in hospital in Nice.

The FIA says he hit the 6,500kg crane at a speed of 126kph (78mph).

Bianchi suffered a diffuse axonal head injury when he crashed into a recovery vehicle at Suzuka that was removing Adrian Sutil's Sauber car from the circuit.

After a review of all the evidence, a 10-man Accident Panel appointed by the FIA issued a 396-page report on their findings.

One of the conclusions was that "Bianchi did not slow sufficiently to avoid losing control at the same point on the track as Sutil".

In the days following the accident, Marussia said they were "shocked and angered" by reports from some media outlets that suggest Bianchi did not slow down under caution flags.

They also denied claims they told Bianchi to go faster during the caution period to keep a rival behind.

Marussia have since ceased trading with all staff made redundant after they failed to secure funding to compete next season.

The report added: "During the two seconds Bianchi's car was leaving the track and traversing the run-off area, he applied both throttle and brake together, using both feet.

"The Failsafe algorithm is designed to over-ride the throttle and cut the engine, but was inhibited by the torque coordinator, which controls the rear brake-by-wire (BBW) system.

"Bianchi's Marussia has a unique design of BBW, which proved to be incompatible with the Failsafe settings.

"The fact that the Failsafe did not disqualify the engine torque requested by the driver may have affected the impact velocity; it has not been possible to reliably quantify this.

"However, it may be that Bianchi was distracted by what was happening and the fact that his front wheels had locked, and been unable to steer the car such that it missed the crane."

This season, teams were allowed to tweak the parameters of their brake-by-wire system to suit a driver's style and thus Marussia can be seen to have not broken the rules.

However, following the results of the report, the BBC has learned that the FIA will be tightening the limits to which teams can make changes to the parameters from next season.

So basically: A pretty rubbish F1 driver was going too fast in tricky conditions, as he slid off the track he panicked and hosed up even more, with this secondary gently caress up being magnified by the lovely team he drove for making dodgy modifications to the safety features of his car. This all resulted in a meeting of head and tractor at motorway speeds.

Good riddance to Marussia, hopefully any back-markers who replace them will hire competent drivers and engineers, and be able to maintain basic standards of safety on the track.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pasco posted:

The Suzuka Accident Panel finally released it's findings relating to Bianci's accident:

So basically: A pretty rubbish F1 driver was going too fast in tricky conditions, as he slid off the track he panicked and hosed up even more, with this secondary gently caress up being magnified by the lovely team he drove for making dodgy modifications to the safety features of his car. This all resulted in a meeting of head and tractor at motorway speeds.

Good riddance to Marussia, hopefully any back-markers who replace them will hire competent drivers and engineers, and be able to maintain basic standards of safety on the track.

describing bianchi as rubbish is pretty patently bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah I have every reason to believe that not slowing down sufficiently for local yellows is something most drivers these days has been guilty of at some point

• Locked thread