Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Ducking has saved my rear end so many times. Yesterday this guy was chasing me while I drove around, ducked, and spent at least 5 clips into my car before I stickied him. Today this guy can after me, I ducked, went around some hedges to park and get out to use car as cover. My friend and I just lit him up as he turned the corner :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BitBasher posted:

This isn't true anymore on PS4/Bone. You can set the in car scheme to "aim + shoot" which makes L1 aim and L2 fire in a vehicle you are driving. It's quite nice actually.

rub it in why don't ya, all you next-gen jerks :arghfist::(

that's pretty cool, actually. Good on Rockstar for making an actual improvement to gameplay!

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
The best part of ducking is it gives you a fighting chance when trying to run down pubbies who are on foot. I can normally kill them before they can kill me if I duck as I approach at full speed.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I seem to have a problem with doing jazz hands when anyone approaches. Although the other day I managed to get 3 people around me in their cars, we were all doing donuts until I put a bomb on each car, drove off, and detonated.

I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Psion posted:

yeah that's my list. I didn't know the Sweeper used LMG ammo - I've never paid attention to ammo since I got 9999 of everything a year ago and just push the buy all ammo button all the time. :v:

I just changed it (removed the Sweeper from SMG, edited a couple things to compensate) so you might want to update geeves.

I think the micro has its place for killing drivers without blowing up cars -- basically only on missions. The AP is more accurate but the way drivebys work with the stupid "can't aim unless you're already shooting" poo poo sometimes the micro is a safer choice. In general, the AP pistol is better, absolutely.

I was going to mentioned the L1+R1 but someone got to that, however I think it should be noted on guns, I straight up see npcs die a lot faster with less bullets using the advanced rifle, damned what the stats say. The bullpup is just garbage, looks stupid, especially with the extended clip and the special carbine is cooler, for being a G36 knockoff.

The rifles that are available at level 1 (assuming you somehow bypass lemar's race, insuring the car, robbing the store and the doing the drug sting, before getting to 5) Marksman, Combat shotgun (new saiga-12 ripoff), pistol, SNS pistol, Heavy pistol, Sawed-off shotty and I think the bullpup shotgun. I am not sure of the melee weapons, most were unlocked when I had access to the ammunation on my new character.

I should mentioned I think I was like 6 or 7 at the time, when I had first access due to owning the poo poo out of the scrubs also at level 1, and stealing all the kills and extra little bits of RP that would level me faster.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 3, 2014

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

rally posted:

The best part of ducking is it gives you a fighting chance when trying to run down pubbies who are on foot. I can normally kill them before they can kill me if I duck as I approach at full speed.

Oh absolutely! Using my car as a 3500lb sledhgehammer is much more effective now! I can probably go 4/5 even if they see me coming as long as I have some speed. With a bulletproof helmet on I rarely get killed driving past people anymore when ducking.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

BitBasher posted:

Oh absolutely! Using my car as a 3500lb sledhgehammer is much more effective now! I can probably go 4/5 even if they see me coming as long as I have some speed. With a bulletproof helmet on I rarely get killed driving past people anymore when ducking.

Bulletproof helmet???

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Bullet-proof helmet and combat mask glitch, Lord Vader, your whip is ready

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
That is legit as gently caress, cool. I just got the bullet proof helmet for my guy, in hope of trying to look more "war journalist zombie", if that can even make sense.

I do love the idea, of going around recently as a passive mode player but in a cab and having the cabbie shot or I am driving and picking up people with a bounty and trying to cab them around, away from the mayhem.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So wait that helmet I see everyone wearing is legit bulletproof?

Everyone's gonna wear that, no?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Feenix posted:

So wait that helmet I see everyone wearing is legit bulletproof?

Everyone's gonna wear that, no?

All helmets give you some headshot protection, not sure if the Bulletproof Helmets are better than others in that regard. People seem to think so.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Icedude posted:

All helmets give you some headshot protection, not sure if the Bulletproof Helmets are better than others in that regard. People seem to think so.

Rudimentary testing let me survive 2 headshots while wearing it, so yeah. Surviving 2 headshots makes a huge difference when you are ducking in a car and someone is shooting at you.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I wish the GTAO community was dedicated enough to find out actual gun dmg amounts, with the various 0/100, 20/100, 40/100, 60/100, 80/100, and 100/100 health, vs headshot, with guns and at distances (relative with the purple marker)

I actually had to shoot a guy 3 times with the sniper rifle the other day, and the second shot I swear was a headshot, without a helmet. He stood still for the thirdshot, I think he knew he was done, or trying to use some snacks.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Use a snacks while in cover (R1) and you'll eat instantly :ssh:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Oddly he was in cover. At the LCS, taking cover on the east side, from where I was shooting, instead of the opposite rooftop that has since been hosed over for sniping. (the one with slanted rooftop, just west of DT LCS)

So is it too much to ask for, that GTA5.5/6/hopefully vice city, should have a ton of copy and paste, interiors just for functionality of gas station, strip club, gun store? I just don't see why the mom and pop Wine Merchant can't be robbed just the same as a gas station.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 3, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Scyron posted:

I wish the GTAO community was dedicated enough to find out actual gun dmg amounts, with the various 0/100, 20/100, 40/100, 60/100, 80/100, and 100/100 health, vs headshot, with guns and at distances (relative with the purple marker)

I actually had to shoot a guy 3 times with the sniper rifle the other day, and the second shot I swear was a headshot, without a helmet. He stood still for the thirdshot, I think he knew he was done, or trying to use some snacks.

Three Shots sounds like latency. :\

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Smells like latency, I threw a random sniper shot at the asphalt giving up trying to hit a laggy driver, seconds after unzooming he died to my bullet and wiped out with a live passenger.

For christmas I want world peace a bridge to hawaii the moon on a stick a steady 30 framerate when up on a building sniping

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:siren: Sniping from the apartments to LSC still works and it's still super fun. And you see how much they didn't really extend the player render distance :geno:

BitBasher posted:

The duck button actually makes you a much smaller target in some vehicles too!
SUV supremacy.

MrLonghair posted:

This is the best trick to know. More useful in missions but can be handy in the streets against other players.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

This works while doing anything that prevents you from doing the eating animation, so driving works too.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

While it could be lag, maybe my "headshot" was off? I am not entirely sure how accurate the sniper is with the silencer. I prefer the heavy, but I am using what I have on my low level.

I do admit I have gotten a ridiculously crazy kill, from long distance sniping someone, when they seemed passed the LoS in one of those fancy super cars, I just took a random shot; last chance--last shot in the clip--why not, nothing to lose, and connected. I really should have gone passive instantly and tried to do sharefactory, since it was pretty rad, and I typically save a bunch of the that stuff.

Bobtista posted:

This works while doing anything that prevents you from doing the eating animation, so driving works too.

Crazy thought, and call me a goon on this, but I actually like eating virtual food and smoking fake cigs. I mean, why else would I spend my sharkcard money on, gun?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Scyron posted:

While it could be lag, maybe my "headshot" was off? I am not entirely sure how accurate the sniper is with the silencer. I prefer the heavy, but I am using what I have on my low level.

Oh I wasn't disparaging your internet manwidth or anything. :) If it's latency (which I've seen a ton) it's their servers or netcode. poo poo is bad at times.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What's the mask + bulletproof helmet glitch?
I'm not wading through 5+ youtube videos each with a minute of begging for scraps at the start of them.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

im pooping! posted:

I seem to have a problem with doing jazz hands when anyone approaches. Although the other day I managed to get 3 people around me in their cars, we were all doing donuts until I put a bomb on each car, drove off, and detonated.

I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF

Don't help yourself, jazz hands are awesome. I have jazz hands set as my in car as well, it looks awesome when you're a passenger and your driver is wrecking all over the place

E: Zeniszeniszenic! I think I totally fell asleep while riding around with you earlier... I just woke up with my controller on the floor and my TV all blue screen. :o

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 3, 2014

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Croccers posted:

I'm not wading through 5+ youtube videos each with a minute of begging for scraps at the start of them.
It's not the begging so much as the loving intros. I can only take so much cheap rave / dub step followed by a nasal 'hey guys...'

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If I wasn't sick I'd put on my Swedish Fernando voice and make a quick clean all-you-need-to-know glitch video, no intros, no notifications, no begging for subs or nothing. Urgh

e: Buzzard locks onto enemies in missions, best purchase ever for lazygrinding

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Dec 3, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I did the glitch awhile back to get my own Darth Vader helmet/mask setup and how I remember it going was you needed to set the helmet as the one your character puts on while riding a bike/ATV then get on an ATV, then while your character is putting on the helmet you have to enter that menu where you can equip hats/masks/helmets/etc and quickly select the mask you want while your character is putting on the helmet.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Fun Fact! Pubbies who try to troll you in Passive Mode can still be ran over which was a fantastic revelation last night let me tell you.

Zip! fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Dec 3, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zip! posted:

Fun Fact! Pubbies who try to troll you can still be ran over which was a fantastic revelation last night let me tell you.
I feel like I'm missing something here. Like, Passive mode Pubbie trolls? Because all regular pubbies are squishy.

Also lol you can't keep a Blista from the streets. It's too hot. You have to buy one for $42,000 or something.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Ah yes, my bad, edited to clear that up - Flu has addled my brain!

Dinka Blista or Blista Compact?

Are you sure it wasn't on Simeons list at the time? I had no problem keeping the Dinka I found 2 days ago.

Edit: If you're getting the Blista for the goon approved list its the Dinka Blista you need. Strangely the Blista Compact isn't classed as a compact, its classed as sports.

Zip! fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 3, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zip! posted:

Ah yes, my bad, edited to clear that up - Flu has addled my brain!

Dinka Blista or Blista Compact?
The Compact.
The Compact is too hot.

I made a track.
Vespucci TechGP
It's a technical motorbike circuit for Sandchez/Blazers so that means you can't ride the gas all the time plus you need to actually steer. Bicycles work on it too.

The double-ramp at the start:

Tell me what you like/dislike.

Also I go the helmet glitch to work

Croccers fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 3, 2014

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Scyron posted:

On many occasions, it's taken me multiple shots with the Heavy Sniper to take down another player and I've needed a 2nd when the first was presumably a headshot.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Where can you buy bulletproof helmets?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

On many occasions, it's taken me multiple shots with the Heavy Sniper to take down another player and I've needed a 2nd when the first was presumably a headshot.

I'm noticing this a lot on the PS4. The other thing is, I'll hit them and as I watch through the scope, they just stand there and suddenly fall over seconds after I've hit them instead of immediately. I'm guessing it's the lag.

And then when we were all in a lobby together on Monday night and BitBasher was driving around in the riot van, it was skipping all over the place like crazy.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!
How do I join the LLJK crew? I filled out the form and sent a direct request, but no response. My PS4 ID is Nacho_Aficionado

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I found that although I hadn't been accepted I had instead recieved an invite to join - check that?

Also server lag - it definitely exists, especially at high speeds. Taking the Zentorno out on the freeway will cause cars to warp and flicker in and out all over the place. I imagine thats caused by server load and should improve with time. I've noticed I've been getting into games and lobbies much quicker this week so I assume the initial rush of new players is over (or at least until Christmas).

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Where can you buy bulletproof helmets?

The mask shop I think.

Kelly posted:

And then when we were all in a lobby together on Monday night and BitBasher was driving around in the riot van, it was skipping all over the place like crazy.

It was doing that when I was a passenger as well. It's definitely lag, but it only really visibly manifests when I was a passenger.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

How do I join the LLJK crew? I filled out the form and sent a direct request, but no response. My PS4 ID is Nacho_Aficionado

Crew thread is linked in the OP

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I had a dream that Rockstar added heists in secret.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Bulletproof helmets can be purchased at a suburban or binco, under the "accessories" listing, under "helmets". $20k per helmet color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
http://gfycat.com/ShortPessimisticAstrangiacoral

yeah I think Kelly is on to something here. This is a good way to waste a few minutes every now and then.

• Locked thread