Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Kristen Schaal and January Jones were just cast in "Last Man on Earth" so I guess that answers that question.

Those two are like before and after models in a spanx ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Couple of items of note:

Black Mirror series 1&2 is now on Netflix.

Was just about to post this, everyone watch this show. The first two episodes should be all you need to see to know that it is loving phenomenal. And if you ever dislike an episode you can just skip to the next one because it's an anthology series.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I didn't care for the "points" one from the first season. The pig one is great though and an interesting thought experiment to boot.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Black Mirror gives Charlie Brooker all kinds of leeway to rip stuff since he put his money where his mouth is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pretty much, The Onion, pretty much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My parents thought the show had already ended.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

zoux posted:

Yeah I didn't care for the "points" one from the first season.

Yeah, each season of three has one brilliant episode, one quite good episode and one not as good episode. But like Doctor Who no one can agree which is which.

Personally I love 15 Million Merits, I assume that's what you mean by the points one. also White Bear.

But the rest are still awesome, even the not as good episodes.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The rock drama from Terence Winter, Martin Scorsese, and Mick Jagger is going forward at HBO. Ray Romano, Olivia Wilde, and Juno Temple co-star with Bobby Cannavale.

This almost makes me forget that my internet is down.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/martin-scorsese-mick-jagger-terence-winter-rock-n-roll-series-pickup-hbo-1201306279/

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The Sound of Music I get, but who the heck is familiar enough with the Peter Pan musical to sing along with it?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

Oh yeah, all those deep Breaking Bad mysteries.
"Elliot! I haven't seen you since I helped you cut that guy out of your company! What's it called? Gray Manner?"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Please tell me scorpion is getting cancelled.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

The Sound of Music I get, but who the heck is familiar enough with the Peter Pan musical to sing along with it?
The point of Peter Pan isn't singing along.

Doctor Butts posted:

It gets huge ratings so no.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

gently caress.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Doctor Butts posted:

It seemed to be relatively inoffensive if you don't care for that sort of stuff, plus I kinda dropped it but I'm curious as to see how bad the writing still is.

Also it got a full season order.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

zoux posted:

Couple of items of note:

Black Mirror series 1&2 is now on Netflix.

Kristen Schaal and January Jones were just cast in "Last Man on Earth" so I guess that answers that question.

Why do people keep casting Schaal in things?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/60033a123e/leaked-peter-pan-live-audition-tape-with-jane-krakowski

Now I want Jane Krakowski to be on Peter Pan Live! It would at least make it bearable.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

You absolutely must watch this episode of South Park from a couple weeks ago. It might be the best episode ever, and even if you don't like the show, watch it anyway: http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s18e07-grounded-vindaloop

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Pillowpants posted:

Why do people keep casting Schaal in things?

Schaal is not the member of that duo I would ask that question about.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

whowhatwhere posted:

I had to look up who she even is. That is a bad show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Sober posted:

It seemed to be relatively inoffensive if you don't care for that sort of stuff, plus I kinda dropped it but I'm curious as to see how bad the writing still is.

Also it got a full season order.

From the people I talk to, Scorpion seems to be popular with people who watch all those procedurals in droves, so no way that's getting cancelled.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Scorpion is such a drab show. I can understand why it has broad appeal, but there's nothing the show does that hasn't already been done better dozens of times. It's not even hate-watch worthy because that would be like hating on store-brand vanilla ice cream.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

whowhatwhere posted:

As long as the writing is up to snuff, Schaal will do fine.

January Jones though, has she been in anything other than Mad Men and given a good performance?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She played "Dumb American Blonde" in Love Actually very well

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Manos del Sino posted:

Scorpion is such a drab show. I can understand why it has broad appeal, but there's nothing the show does that hasn't already been done better dozens of times. It's not even hate-watch worthy because that would be like hating on store-brand vanilla ice cream.

I thought it was a cool concept but lost interest quickly because it was so boring. The new shows (besides flash and blackish) are terrible.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Doctor Butts posted:

gently caress.

Autistic Boilerplate Sitcom does gangbusters on CBS, I don't know why you think Autistic Mod Squad wouldn't do the same.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

The rock drama from Terence Winter, Martin Scorsese, and Mick Jagger is going forward at HBO. Ray Romano, Olivia Wilde, and Juno Temple co-star with Bobby Cannavale.

I thought HBO had some mandate/strategy that they are only adapting existing properties/franchises and getting away from original stuff? This looks pretty original to me. Ditto for that Westworld show, some obscure Crichton movie from 40 years ago doesn't exactly scream "established property".

I'm not saying this is a bad thing though.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Westworld is old and kinda forgotten for sure but it definitely seems like it was at least big in its time, being MGM's biggest movie that year, getting a sequel film and a short-lived TV series based on it.

It is going to be weird having Jurassic World and Westworld out around the same time as they're both Michael Chrichton stories about over-ambitious amusement parks going haywire due to stuff like power failure. Actually I dunno what Jurassic World is gonna be about. Why are they making another dinosaur park when it literally always goes wrong and people die.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
HBO is at the point where they can afford to rest on their laurels because between Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, True Detective, Girls, and John Oliver they've got their bases covered for the foreseeable future.

I'm more interested in what AMC is up to now that they've killed off every cash cow that isn't about zombies and only have a Breaking Bad spinoff and some milquetoast historical dramas in the queue.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
As far as AMC goes I just hope someone, somewhere feels bad about canceling Rubicon.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

raditts posted:

Autistic Boilerplate Sitcom does gangbusters on CBS, I don't know why you think Autistic Mod Squad wouldn't do the same.
CBS truly gets what nerds are all about and can handsomely profit off that knowledge.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Metropolis posted:

Actually I dunno what Jurassic World is gonna be about. Why are they making another dinosaur park when it literally always goes wrong and people die.

I dunno about you but I don't see corporations learning from their past mistakes very often.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm pretty sure Chris Pratt has tamed a pack of raptors in the new movie and they team up to take down a new genetic experiment so I'm not seeing the problem.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
^ this guy gets it.

Take your mistrust of the corporate world and shove where there are no trained Raptors.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm pretty sure Chris Pratt has tamed a pack of raptors in the new movie and they team up to take down a new genetic experiment so I'm not seeing the problem.

Yeah I know and I'm sold on the movie because of that. I hope it goes balls-out ridiculous.

Rocksicles posted:

^ this guy gets it.

Take your mistrust of the corporate world and shove where there are no trained Raptors.

But my mistrust of the corporate world helps me suspend disbelief for the movie, so I think I'll keep it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Chris Pratt doesn't ride a Raptor ima getting a refund.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The raptors are corporate raptors.

Because the company that owns the park promised to offer them their own 401(k) accounts. That's how Pratt tamed them.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I want Chris Pratt to train whatever super-dinosaur they made and then ride that.

e: uh TV chat would probably be a good idea. Deadpool doesn't like movie chat here. I started Gilmore Girls season two and it's still fun. Lorelai calling off the wedding makes sense I guess but it's really weird that Max hasn't showed up in a single scene since she decided not to marry him. Did the actor quit and have to be written out or something?

Mahlertov Cocktail fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 3, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
^Ultimate MILF, almost worth a sound down rewatch

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I want Chris Pratt to train whatever super-dinosaur they made and then ride that.

e: uh TV chat would probably be a good idea. Deadpool doesn't like movie chat here. I started Gilmore Girls season two and it's still fun. Lorelai calling off the wedding makes sense I guess but it's really weird that Max hasn't showed up in a single scene since she decided not to marry him. Did the actor quit and have to be written out or something?

Nah he still shows up once in a while but he didn't live in star's hollow anyway and it's the start of a new school year, so Rory's not gonna run into him half as much. Story's not about him, it's about Kirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

If Chris Pratt doesn't ride a Raptor ima getting a refund.

If nobody says that they "spared no expense" I'm getting a refund.

• Locked thread