Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Psion posted:

I think this is pretty close to done. Final thoughts, cars to add to the notable list, bad opinions?

"What's the best car for racing?" Well, here's what the thread thinks. Best and second best options.
  • Super - Zentorno | Entity XF
  • Sports - Massacro | Elegy RH8
  • Muscle - Blade | Gauntlet/Dominator
  • Sports Classics - Monroe | Z-Type
  • Sedans - Schafter | Stainer
  • Compacts - Blista | Issi
  • Coupes - Exemplar | F620
  • SUVs - Huntley S | Don't race SUVs. Don't even buy one. No, really.
  • Off-Road - Motorcycle: Sanchez | 4-Wheel Option: Bifta -- Both have serious pros and cons; this depends a lot on the race and your personal style.
  • Motorcycles - Akuma | Bati 801/801RR

I know this is from a couple pages back but I haven't had a computer for the last few days. Just wanted to add that the Ruiner is also competitive in the muscle car class and will easily overtake a Blade on the straights.

In the sports class, I'm not sure if the Jester has been competitive since the Massacro was released but it does have a mod that makes it bulletproof from the rear and it used to be one of the best in class. It's an excellent free-roam car and might still be a useable racer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Psion posted:

http://gfycat.com/ShortPessimisticAstrangiacoral

yeah I think Kelly is on to something here. This is a good way to waste a few minutes every now and then.

~20k for going on a police rampage that you would other wise do in free roam for free? Yes, please.

titties posted:

I know this is from a couple pages back but I haven't had a computer for the last few days. Just wanted to add that the Ruiner is also competitive in the muscle car class and will easily overtake a Blade on the straights.

In the sports class, I'm not sure if the Jester has been competitive since the Massacro was released but it does have a mod that makes it bulletproof from the rear and it used to be one of the best in class. It's an excellent free-roam car and might still be a useable racer.

Blade doesn't have the best straight line speed in the class, but it's maneuverable in the turns esp. in tight corners and hairpins.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

~20k for going on a police rampage that you would other wise do in free roam for free? Yes, please.

Yeah, I've started doing this off and on recently for a tidy cash/rp bump. Getting paid for going nuts and than having Simeon at the end saying "That was interesting" makes me happy.
And I finally got lvl 100 doing a couple runs the other night, so that was nice. I've basically unlocked all I want, as I doubt if I'd ever use the minigun online.
However, the Dubsta and RPG were welcome unlocks. :getin:

titties
May 10, 2012

geeves posted:

Blade doesn't have the best straight line speed in the class, but it's maneuverable in the turns esp. in tight corners and hairpins.

I don't disagree, just saying that the Ruiner can hold it's own against the Blade, Dominator, and Gauntlet. It's also pretty agile.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

On this topic the Ruiner is a lot less popular than the Dominator but it's more stable on corners than the Dominator is while having the same top speed.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Zip! posted:

Fun Fact! Pubbies who try to troll you in Passive Mode can still be ran over which was a fantastic revelation last night let me tell you.

Some dude picked up Simeon's high priority car last night and I guess he was in passive mode because I stuck several sticky bombs on him and he was unhurt. After I died I spawned at the Maze bank above the intersection where he was, with like 10 police cars around him. I threw 5 stickies into the intersection and started a chain reaction that blew him up. HA! Well worth $3000

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Wee Bairns posted:

Yeah, I've started doing this off and on recently for a tidy cash/rp bump. Getting paid for going nuts and than having Simeon at the end saying "That was interesting" makes me happy.
And I finally got lvl 100 doing a couple runs the other night, so that was nice. I've basically unlocked all I want, as I doubt if I'd ever use the minigun online.

Minigun is 120. But enjoy the trophy, the 100/100 health bonus and the fun guns.

titties
May 10, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

I doubt if I'd ever use the minigun online.

The minigun is pretty great online. It chews through helicopters in about 2 seconds, and it works very well in auto-aim rooms when you're outside of lock-on range.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Can muggers still drag out players in tanks and take their poo poo?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

E: Zeniszeniszenic! I think I totally fell asleep while riding around with you earlier... I just woke up with my controller on the floor and my TV all blue screen. :o

:laffo: I'm pretty sure the same thing happened to me last night while I was flying around in a Frogger with Z.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Psion posted:

I think this is pretty close to done. Final thoughts, cars to add to the notable list, bad opinions?

"What's the best car for racing?" Well, here's what the thread thinks. Best and second best options.
  • Off-Road - Motorcycle: Sanchez | 4-Wheel Option: Bifta -- Both have serious pros and cons; this depends a lot on the race and your personal style.

Super races are the most common, followed by sports. Offroad, Muscle, Sports Classics and Motorcycles happen occasionally. Coupes, Compacts, and Sedans are rare. SUVs are the rarest by a factor of about a billion. Prioritize your purchasing.

Other Notable Cars - you might want some of these if you aren't racing 24/7.
  • Adder: highest top speed in the game. (Super)
  • Voltic: lowish top speed for the class, but incredible acceleration. (Super)
  • Sultan: Mediocre when unmodded, amazing when fully modded up. Four doors, near-perfect balance and AWD, excellent handling. Best 4 door in the game with the bonus of incredibly cheap insurance. Everyone should own one. (Sports)
  • Carbonizzare: Hardtop convertible. Not convinced? Ridiculous top speed and acceleration; it wants to go fast. This car will teach you how to be a good driver - it'll get away from you if you let it, otherwise you'll have a car which can take supers at a fraction of the price. The skills you learn here will make you better with every other car. Bonus: sounds awesome. (Sports)
  • Phoenix: You can put a Plymouth Superbird wing on this. Enough said. (Muscle)
  • Sabre Turbo: Sounds great, looks good, lots of mod options. (Muscle)
  • Felon GT: sells for $9500 at LSC, if you can find one (Coupes)
  • Baller: sells for $9000 at LSC, is the most common vehicle worth selling. Good acceleration. For some reason there are two distinct Baller models in-game. (SUV)
  • Granger: Can hold 8 people - 4 inside and 4 on the running boards outside. The 4 outside players will probably die the first time you crash into something, so make sure you don't like them. On the upside they can shoot guns one-handed so it looks really, really cool until they die. (SUV)
  • Sandking XL: paint it hot pink and run people over in a huge truck. What's not to like? When you hit rank 100, consider upgrading to a Dubsta 6x6. (Off-Road)

Oh god how did the Stanier get there?

I know someone said they like it cuz its stability but seriously, the tailgater is way better and easier to find(ps3) than the Schafter

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Declasse Asea and something Panto both are allowed the unique sticker bomb paint scheme, if that matters.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

I know someone said they like it cuz its stability but seriously, the tailgater is way better and easier to find(ps3) than the Schafter

Just to save anyone else some trouble, you can buy tailgaters on the website now. I figured this out after looking for one for over an hour one night. :downs:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Hugh Malone posted:

Oh god how did the Stanier get there?

I looked on the internet to spot check that and everything else people told me and I saw a lot of hate on the Tailgater with regards to racing, so I said sure whatever and threw it on there. I also saw a lot of appreciation for the Schafter.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

EDIT: Double post

Fake Edit: Really, I'm just an idiot.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 3, 2014

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Psion posted:

I looked on the internet to spot check that and everything else people told me and I saw a lot of hate on the Tailgater with regards to racing, so I said sure whatever and threw it on there. I also saw a lot of appreciation for the Schafter.

Tailgater is probably second best but the Schafter really kicks its rear end at most all things.

MrLonghair posted:

Can muggers still drag out players in tanks and take their poo poo?

Sure can!

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 3, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Now we only need a way to deal with untouchable dickheads in jets.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

I really think they should put in a Singer or other SAM. Or the Railgun, that would work nicely.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 3, 2014

titties
May 10, 2012

Whoever runs the @weazelnewsteam twitter should probably follow @beef_slabcock, the official twitter of celebrity news personality Buffy Wang.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Psion posted:

Just remembered another one that can go on here:
  • Utility - Sadler
It's the only moddable non-Faggio Utility vehicle, it wrecks everything else in the class, but you can't pick it from the default list or buy it on the internet so you have to luck out and find it. If you're, y'know, the kind of masochist that races Utility vehicles

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

MrLonghair posted:

Slow way: Take potshots with the Heavy Sniper, which means practicing long distance shooting on other player's helicopters.
Risky way: Jack a jet first and prevent them from flying off in another one. That is if you don't get killed by Lester's "Cops Ignore Everything" ability deciding to poo poo the bed after parachuting into the base with 2 minutes left on the timer.
Dumbass way: Go out of your way to get a high level wanted level to make it harder to ramp into the base. Make the police do a sloppy job instead of doing the dirty work.

titties
May 10, 2012

Icedude posted:

• Utility - Sadler
It's the only moddable non-Faggio Utility vehicle, it wrecks everything else in the class, but you can't pick it from the default list or buy it on the internet

I want to say that you can buy it as part of the Hipster update but maybe not.

Also, at least some vans are classified as Utility-class, I know I can race my custom Youga.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Icedude posted:

• Utility - Sadler
It's the only moddable non-Faggio Utility vehicle, it wrecks everything else in the class, but you can't pick it from the default list or buy it on the internet so you have to luck out and find it. If you're, y'know, the kind of masochist that races Utility vehicles

You can buy it on ps3 :shrug:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

You can buy it on ps3 :shrug:

titties posted:

I want to say that you can buy it as part of the Hipster update but maybe not.

Also, at least some vans are classified as Utility-class, I know I can race my custom Youga.

Huh, I guess I looked straight past it. Makes things easier as I haven't found one of my own yet. Also had no idea the Youga counted as a Utility, might have a look into seeing how that handles compared to the Sadler

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

Whoever runs the @weazelnewsteam twitter should probably follow @beef_slabcock, the official twitter of celebrity news personality Buffy Wang.

Holy poo poo I'm still logged into that account 6 months later.

Edit: You still cannot take photos while on the train. The gently caress?

geeves fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 3, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Icedude posted:

Huh, I guess I looked straight past it. Makes things easier as I haven't found one of my own yet. Also had no idea the Youga counted as a Utility, might have a look into seeing how that handles compared to the Sadler

Youga is a van, but fastest in that class is the Bison which is a truck :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Edit: list needs van class: bison#1, youga#2

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

geeves posted:

Holy poo poo I'm still logged into that account 6 months later.

Edit: You still cannot take photos while on the train. The gently caress?

Or on a boat. I think I managed to get around this once, landing my car on a train and standing on the car, though I could have been mistaken.

titties
May 10, 2012

Scyron posted:

Or on a boat. I think I managed to get around this once, landing my car on a train and standing on the car, though I could have been mistaken.

?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Is GTA online down for anyone else? I'm on the PS4.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Lyer posted:

Going to the Rockstar Social Club site for your GTA5 progress gives an error at the moment. Seems the Social Club is having issues.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Lyer posted:

Yes. PS4 here, as well.

e: I'm able to play in a solo session, but not with others. So you can play to some degree.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 4, 2014

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I started the game and when I tried to switch from single player to online, it said it couldn't connect. I restarted the PS4 then when the game was loading I pressed [] to load into online, and it worked.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Hopefully it's server upgrades or something (hah yeah right) but it's probably those lizard team douche bags running another DDoS or something stupid.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

http://map.ipviking.com/ who knows these days :smith:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Come on US, return fire!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

What am I looking at here?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

There was an hour or so that rockstar would not save our game and I only think we got kicked once or twice tonight. The servers aside from that seemed to behave.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I managed to get on just a bit ago and sell a car. I Decided I wasn't finding what I was looking for so I am going to stay offline and finish up single player stuffs.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

titties posted:

Please tell me this means more reporting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Just a reminder that any goon can still get into WEZL if you want to rock that sweet news team logo

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 4, 2014

• Locked thread