Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
A reminder that deadline is Tuesday at 7p.m. I forgot to set it in Votefinder, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I want to vote EXAKT because train of thought wrt capps sounds fake.

(1) why make a "meta" D1 vote if capps is a strong town player? You would want to leave him be D1 if that is your true POV.
(2) it sounds more like scum EXAKT is using his rationale to KILL capps as a retro-explanation for his D1 nonsense vote.

Thoughts? I was tempted to hammer but I want to get more posts out of people because if it isn't EXAKT then I have nfi.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

yuming posted:

I want to vote EXAKT because train of thought wrt capps sounds fake.

(1) why make a "meta" D1 vote if capps is a strong town player? You would want to leave him be D1 if that is your true POV.
(2) it sounds more like scum EXAKT is using his rationale to KILL capps as a retro-explanation for his D1 nonsense vote.

Thoughts? I was tempted to hammer but I want to get more posts out of people because if it isn't EXAKT then I have nfi.

For what it's worth, I meant a strong player in general.

If you were tempted to hammer, I might not get another chance to do this. I'm the doctor. I protected Squid N1 and yuming N2.

As far as scum, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining scum were voting for me right now. I'm leaning towards Antivehicular:

Antivehicular posted:

##vote EXAKT Science

Absolutely no attempt to be helpful or communicate anything, and was backed up by known scum. Barring further developments, I think he's our best shot.

As I pointed out, I was trying to be helpful, but was fairly restricted in how much casing I could really do, posting only in lyrics as I was. She points to TT's defending me, which would make perfect sense if he wanted to throw the suspicion off of his scumbuddy and get a scummy-seeming townie killed. If we don't hit today, tomorrow is going to be LYLO.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
aaaaaaa you're the scum!!!!

Why wouldn't you protect the cop :sparkles:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I did, on night 1, before he had claimed. I couldn't protect him two nights in a row.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hmmm, again I wanted to hammer you. But if we are wrong, we really need more information on the other players or the end of this game is gonna be a shot in the dark.

gn sweet mafias~

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm really not sure about the doctor claim. I'm looking at the F11 documentation, and it doesn't say anything about doctors being restricted from targeting the same person on consecutive nights; is this a typical rule in the SA meta? It seems like a kind of weak excuse for, you know, not doccing the claimed cop.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Antivehicular posted:

I'm really not sure about the doctor claim. I'm looking at the F11 documentation, and it doesn't say anything about doctors being restricted from targeting the same person on consecutive nights; is this a typical rule in the SA meta? It seems like a kind of weak excuse for, you know, not doccing the claimed cop.

Yeah, not being about to protect the same person on consecutive nights is how doctors usually work here. Like I said, I protected him night 1 because he was acting super townie.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
The claim is super sketch, but not ~IMPOSSIBLE~

In a setup like this, restriction on a doctor role would be quite common to avoid a "follow the cop" scenario-- where the cop is invincible.

EXAKT, who do you think is scum?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I think Trombone is the scum. For one, look at her two votes:

Chic Trombone posted:

Eesh, it's quiet in here. At about an hour to deadline, too. In the interests of avoiding a no-lynch, ##vote BrainParasite, since he's a better candidate than capps or yuming probably

This first one reads weirdly hedgy. It is a day 1 vote, but it reads to me like she's trying to distance herself from a townie kill.

Chic Trombone posted:

WELL THEN. Also nooot really sure that saying "it's a pr probably" really counts as coming to someone's defense but we can probably talk about that more tomorrow

##vote Tremendous Taste

Of all the votes on TT, this one reads most like a bus to me. It comes immediately after Squid's copclaim, Which seems like excellent cover for a scum to bus without arousing suspicion.

Aside from her votes, Trombone hasn't really done any scumhunting or content generation, and hasn't even posted since the TT lynch, even though it's been almost a week. That seems to me like a scum who's trying to hang back and let town kill itself, which would make sense seeing as it's now four town to one scum.

##vote Chic Trombone

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

EXAKT Science (2): Antivehicular, Allen Wren
Chic Trombone (1): EXAKT Science

Not Voting (2): Chic Trombone, yuming

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2014 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 26 minutes.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Goddammit, EXAKT is speaking something vaguely like sense. This either means I'm bad at this or they're good.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yuming's right, the doc claim is sketchy as hell, but I'm willing to buy it for now.

##vote Chic Trombone

If this fucks up, though, my next vote is going to be pretty obvious.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, honestly, I'm willing to give that a shot too -- if Chic isn't scum, I'm going to look at EXAKT again, but the pattern of scum lurking seems pretty distinctive.

##vote Chic Trombone

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think Chic Trombone is hammered!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You all stare accusingly at Chic Trombone. She doesn't care. She doesn't care about you, or anyone. She doesn't care about anything except the television anymore. She doesn't even resist.

Chic Trombone, The Man Who Fell To Earth (Vanilla Good David Bowie) cannot return home!

Night actions please.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You gather. Four are your number.

Hrm.

Nobody died. It is now Day 4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (4): Allen Wren, Antivehicular, EXAKT Science, yuming

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 04th, 2014 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Haha, suck it, scum

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I protected yuming last night. N2 I actually protected Wren. I figured that scum would go for the person I was guaranteed not to be able to protect. Then, I'd be an easy case to make for today, which would be game. Due to that, along with the early hammer yesterday, I'm basically positive at this point that it's Antivehicular, so ##vote Antivehicular and let's go from there.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Well, poo poo. I hosed up -- unfortunately, the only defense I can make is that I'm new to games with hammers (the board I usually play on has a standard "plurality at deadline" rule), so I didn't think through the hammering there. I can roleclaim, but it would be pretty trivial for scum to counterclaim me and get me lynched...

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Scenarios:

EXAKT is the doctor and just got the scum to misstep by previously misidentifying the safe player.
EXAKT is the Duke and is lying, but the real Doctor is not counterclaiming, to protect their own position and maybe save what's left of David's mind.

Troubling.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, we've got a day left and I've got to get this Monkee off my back somehow.

I spent so much time messing around with the idea of a taste-science axis, I never really investigated much else.

What I'd really like is for yuming to wander back and maybe throw a nugget of info in.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's refreshing playing with new players because I like to see new thought processes :sun:

With four players left now, we're at MYLO-- a mislynch loses the game.

The ~technically correct~ play is to no lynch here for more info, and tomorrow should be LYLO (3 people left / 1 scum 2 town.)

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
However! We must remember scum can withhold their kill to sow confusion.

Antivehicular posted:

Well, poo poo. I hosed up -- unfortunately, the only defense I can make is that I'm new to games with hammers (the board I usually play on has a standard "plurality at deadline" rule), so I didn't think through the hammering there. I can roleclaim, but it would be pretty trivial for scum to counterclaim me and get me lynched...
Tell me more, mr!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

EXAKT Science posted:

I protected yuming last night. N2 I actually protected Wren. I figured that scum would go for the person I was guaranteed not to be able to protect. Then, I'd be an easy case to make for today, which would be game. Due to that, along with the early hammer yesterday, I'm basically positive at this point that it's Antivehicular, so ##vote Antivehicular and let's go from there.
EXAKT's reasoning for clearing Allen is suspicious "he's town because I protected him once" doesn't hold up.

So take that away and "he hammered so I am positive he's scum" is also p nonsense. At the end of the game, when the game is on the line-- town are hesitant.

We want to consider all the options because a wrong move means scum win. EXAKT's certainty is scummy.

Allen, Antivehicular, what do you think?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm pretty okay with no-lynch on a MYLO. I suspect the kill will be either you or EXAKT, if EXAKT isn't scum -- honestly, why not just whack the doctor? Most of the logic works, but I can't think of a good reason scum would opt not to kill the doctor, whom they know can't protect himself, instead of taking a shot at someone who might not even be vulnerable.

For the record... it's me, I'm Ziggy Stardust. The "Monkee" thing makes me think Allen is breadcrumbing being Davy Jones, either the actual Monkee (apparently there was an urban legend that Davy Jones was in a car accident, had plastic surgery, and became David Bowie?) or David Bowie's pre-stardom self.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Antivehicular posted:

If EXAKT isn't scum -- honestly, why not just whack the doctor?
Yes, yes indeed :sparkles:

You are vanilla town, ja?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"MYLO"?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

gently caress, I didn't read the whole buffer. I'm the bad.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

And, yes, it's my name on the birth certificate, David Jones.

Honestly, I was about to pull the trigger on Anti (which is loving hilarious for reasons I will not get into right now), but that is a drat good question. Why NOT kill the doctor?

gently caress.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

yuming posted:

Yes, yes indeed :sparkles:

You are vanilla town, ja?

I prefer "blinding whiteness of the infinite stars," but yes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote EXAKT Science

This is the right choice!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh poo poo, I probably won't be here for deadline, I have a shoot scheduled for an Awful Survivor challenge. poo poo.

I wanted to do this days ago, and I'm still not sure if this is the right decision.

##vote EXAKT Science

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

##vote EXAKT Science

The church of :redhammer: is such a holy place to be.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##throw darts in yuming's eyes

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You round on EXAKT Science. He stares you down with cold, dead eyes. "I wanted this to be over ages ago," he says. "I don't want to do this anymore."

You give him what he needs.

EXAKT SCIENCE, The Thin White Duke (Vanilla Bad David Bowie) found it was too late to be hateful!

Good David Bowies Win!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye EXAKT Science!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Good game everybody! Thanks for running it, EP! I had a blast as a Bad Bowie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Haha, I was pulling my hair at your "I'm the Doctor, really guys!" routine because 1) I'd investigated you the night you killed me and 2) if we had both a cop and a doctor, you would have been roleblocked the instant you claimed, but you managed to buy a fair bit of time with that trick even if it didn't get you to the finish line.

It was fun knowing how to play town, but now I'm concerned about my META OH NO, if I always play a super strong town game that'd make things rough if I ever get assigned a scum role. Also, it might not be super safe to appear ultra-townie when you've got a power role, but I feel like I pulled off the balance about as well as possible, especially considering my lucky hunches for investigations.

Finally, it'd be cool if every mafia game had pronouns in the signup, I figured yuming was a she but Chic Trombone and Antivehicular I had no clue (I'm a he, btw).

• Locked thread