Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

MustardFacial posted:

Kamui Kobayashi MWDC every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Finally finished watching the last race.

Mercedes OP pls nerf.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

skooma512 posted:

Finally finished watching the last race.

Mercedes OP pls nerf.

Get out of this thread Horner.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Accident Panel posted:

4. 4-hour Rule:

Article 5.3 of the F1 Sporting Regulations states that:

However, should the race be suspended (see Article 41) the length of the suspension will be added to this period up to a maximum total race time of four hours.

It is proposed that a regulation or guideline be established such that the Start time of an event shall not be less than 4 hours before either sunset or dusk, except in the case of night races.

It is also recommended that the F1 Calendar is reviewed in order to avoid, where possible, races taking place during local rainy seasons.

Doesn't look like this proposal was taken up for 2015, but there are a handful of races besides Japan where this would effect a race start time: Melbourne, Bahrain, Malaysia are all races that are pushed back to "accommodate European viewers". You then have the double whammy with Malaysian races coinciding with their afternoon ice cream and monsoon time.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I thought the tone of the report saying that Bianchi didn't slow down enough was pretty fuckin' rich.

"We haven't addressed that no drivers follow this regulation, nor have we issued penalties in any way, but if he had followed the regulation..."

Not to mention that it's a situation where a failing team can get precious points that will mean millions and potentially keep them afloat...

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

You Am I posted:

gently caress I hate that Korean track

Watching this year I 100 percent forgot it was even gone from the schedule.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
India as well. I hold out hope they were unfairly maligned by the fraud Vettel's overly dominant car.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
I like Hamilton till he misspelled chewbacca in a hashtag.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I want Korea back on the calendar because it's probably the only one I'll be able to go and see

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

nsaP posted:

India as well. I hold out hope they were unfairly maligned by the fraud Vettel's overly dominant car.

Bring back the dog

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Are there any photoshops of Vettel wearing a black hat and skinny moustache, with a monocle? That's the image of him I have in my head.

Sort of a mix between Boris Badenov and the Fearless Leader.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Got to do a lap of Donington yesterday, a friend's father (Mick Hill) passed away and the funeral procession (complete with hearse & coffin) did a lap of honour in his memory. Taking the kerbs through the Craner Curves and the old hairpin in a bog-standard Renault Megane was fun! Best send-off ever.

e: the procession got in the local paper: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/FUNERAL-Ex-racing-driver-Mick-Hill-makes-final/story-25131736-detail/story.html#1RHZE3jxhzsHuKvM.01

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 4, 2014

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

I like Hamilton till he misspelled chewbacca in a hashtag.

And yeti.

E: Unless he meant this: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Yetti

CratSock fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 4, 2014

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

CratSock posted:

And yeti.

and yet he what?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

simplefish posted:

and yet he what?

And yeti is still popular somehow?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

CratSock posted:

And yeti is still popular somehow?

(nice teamwork)

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

Fucker in charge of you fucking fucks

Fanatic posted:

http://instagram.com/p/wJtpQWr03d #BigFoot #Chubaka #SniperLife #Yetti

#Can'tSpellCan'tDrive

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
coco was typing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jon noble and others reporting that the mclaren board meeting has ended without any decision being made

my take: hahahahahahaha

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Alonso should just retire, he's not winning another title, not with McLaren anyway.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

El Hefe posted:

Alonso should just retire, he's not winning another title, not with McLaren anyway.

Still better chances than with Ferrari.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Good to see Ron Dennis has brought his decisive leadership style back to McLaren.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

be nice wicka posted:

jon noble and others reporting that the mclaren board meeting has ended without any decision being made

my take: hahahahahahaha

Jesus Christ, get your poo poo together McLaren. Flip a loving coin if you have to.

Daveh
Jan 18, 2005

You know what? You know what you're putting into our bodies? Death! Delicious, strawberry-flavored death!
Both Button and Kevin should just bugger off to WEC or similar and gently caress McLaren.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Daveh posted:

Both Button and Kevin should just bugger off to WEC or similar and gently caress McLaren.

Can a seat even be found in LMP1 this late in the year? That would be dependent on Porsche running another car would it not?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

my guess is that dennis, who wants magnussen, is stalling to find investors to buy out the current shareholders, who want button. that's the only remotely logical reason i can come up with. there simply has to be some other, bigger decision at stake.

Daveh
Jan 18, 2005

You know what? You know what you're putting into our bodies? Death! Delicious, strawberry-flavored death!

1500quidporsche posted:

Can a seat even be found in LMP1 this late in the year? That would be dependent on Porsche running another car would it not?
Don't Audi still have one spot open, or did that get filled?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Korea won't happen, in a hilariously F1 turn of events it's just a move to bypass the spirit of its own engine limit regulation by taking advantage of its wording

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/319933/analysis-why-is-korea-back-on-the-calendar/

quote:

The move has been linked to a small section of Formula 1's 2015 regulations, regarding a driver's engine allocation.

Next year, the rules state that the number of engines drivers can use per season will be cut from five to four, if there are no more than 20 races.

The rulebook goes on to state that drivers can use five "if the number of events in the championship, as originally scheduled, exceeds 20".

With the key phrase being "as originally scheduled", it would mean that even if Korea drops off the schedule, drivers would still be able to use five engines.

The four-unit rule for 2015 was established prior to the new turbo V6 engines hit the track, but there have been calls to keep the limit at five following the technical problems suffered in 2014 and to allow Renault and Ferrari a better chance of closing the gap to pace-setter Mercedes.

Five drivers took penalties for stepping over the usage limit this season, with Romain Grosjean's 20-place grid drop at Abu Dhabi – which led to in-race time penalties – the biggest example.

There is also the arrival of Honda to consider, with fears that an early struggle, amid overly strict regulations, could deter other manufacturers from entering the sport.

Honda's new engine made its first public appearance at the recent Abu Dhabi test, but various technical problems restricted it to just five laps over two days.

By adding a race to the calendar, and removing it at a later date, the aim of boosting engine allowance is achieved without the usual arguments over minor regulation details.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

nsaP posted:

I thought the tone of the report saying that Bianchi didn't slow down enough was pretty fuckin' rich.

"We haven't addressed that no drivers follow this regulation, nor have we issued penalties in any way, but if he had followed the regulation..."

So you don't think three months comatose with probable disability isn't enough? Should they add a 10 place grid drop?

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

my guess is that dennis, who wants magnussen, is stalling to find investors to buy out the current shareholders, who want button. that's the only remotely logical reason i can come up with. there simply has to be some other, bigger decision at stake.

Why would he want Magnussen over Button? Other than cost, obviously.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

Jedit posted:

So you don't think three months comatose with probable disability isn't enough? Should they add a 10 place grid drop?

I think he meant more that the FIA should be blaming themselves for not enforcing drivers not slowing down during double waved yellows. Had they enforced that rule from the start, Bianchi wouldn't be in a position to be "going too fast", he wouldn't have crashed/wouldn't have hit the loader/at such a great speed, and he wouldn't be in a coma.

They are race car drivers after all, and race car drivers are children. If you give them an inch they'll take 1000 miles.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

chippocrates posted:

Why would he want Magnussen over Button? Other than cost, obviously.

perhaps he is more concerned about 2016 than 2015

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

I think he meant more that the FIA should be blaming themselves for not enforcing drivers not slowing down during double waved yellows. Had they enforced that rule from the start, Bianchi wouldn't be in a position to be "going too fast", he wouldn't have crashed/wouldn't have hit the loader/at such a great speed, and he wouldn't be in a coma.

They are race car drivers after all, and race car drivers are children. If you give them an inch they'll take 1000 miles.

this is true. if the responsibility is on the drivers to be safe then all the drivers and marshals will die.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
BBC are semi-confirming the rumours that VW are looking to come into F1, they are carrying out a feasbility study looking at how they could enter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30336569

One key point -

quote:

if it did enter F1 it would be with its own team based in Germany.

So that's them hosed then, if they do actually enter.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i wish more constructors would enter just as engine suppliers. there would be a lot more real title contenders if you gave teams at the level of force india works engine partnerships. plus they wouldn't stupidly burn away half a billion dollars a year in germany and then quit.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

I want to see another LIFE engine. Or another Porsche air-cooled flat 12, or something else equally as nuts.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

ukle posted:

BBC are semi-confirming the rumours that VW are looking to come into F1, they are carrying out a feasbility study looking at how they could enter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30336569

One key point -

So that's them hosed then, if they do actually enter.

Another key point: It's Stefano

e: Oh, and VW won't go near F1 with Bernie still in charge - I don't blame 'em

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

I want to see another LIFE engine. Or another Porsche air-cooled flat 12, or something else equally as nuts.

Wasn't the flat 12 a Subaru?

Also wasn't Toyota's base of operations in Germany? That worked out pretty good.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Bleh, whatever, every year or two we always get a 'VAG looking into F1' story which never actually goes anywhere. Wake me up when they actually commit to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
Exactly, Andrew Benson is hardly the most reliable source of information when it comes to F1 and whenever he writes about another part of motorsport it's usually utter crap.

• Locked thread