Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Simoom posted:

How many times has he lost an arm now anyways? Four?

Yep

Tommyrod fight
Starjun fight
Heracles snorting
Arm Wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zebra didnt say a single word.

He realizes he got too cocky.
Is it possible that Zebra will actually get some character development?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I felt like that would have meant more if they had at least lost one of their group to that sudden attack. I like Zebra, but he should be dead right now. Hopefully there's a reason for him being a poison doll. Maybe he stayed back to watch over Komatsu because they don't trust Kaka. Besides, Toriko has come out of a depression before because he wasn't strong enough with his fight with Starjun, though that wasn't nearly as overwhelming.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Flubby posted:

I felt like that would have meant more if they had at least lost one of their group to that sudden attack. I like Zebra, but he should be dead right now. Hopefully there's a reason for him being a poison doll. Maybe he stayed back to watch over Komatsu because they don't trust Kaka. Besides, Toriko has come out of a depression before because he wasn't strong enough with his fight with Starjun, though that wasn't nearly as overwhelming.

Yeah, seriously. Last chapter's ending was such an insane, cheap rear end pull of tension that it honestly feels like a jumping the shark moment. Like it's cool Bambina is such a goofy dude that's cool in its own context, but they really could have done without the EVERYBODY DIED INFINITE DESPAIR AAAAACCCEEEEEE moment if it was going to be dropped the very next chapter.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Flubby posted:

Yeah man, this manga would be so much better if the best character died :rolleyes:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

sharktamer posted:

Yeah man, this manga would be so much better if the best character died :rolleyes:

No, the manga would be so much better if they didn't pretend like that happened. Especially for the duration of just one chapter.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Guys, a few chapters ago there was a monkey mountain. If you're looking for realism and continuity, you're kinda in the wrong place.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah the first couple of death fakeouts annoyed me, but by now I kind of figure the manga has established this as one of its things? I just hope in his next inevitable four or five death fakeouts for this series, he doesn't keep using poison dolls...though it beats Imagination i guess.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
TBF if that was a fight they indeed would all be extremely that dead. I think it was nice way to show what bambina could've done without killing every protagonist. I mean, the readers felt exactly what coco did which was "we loving lost" and it worked well IMO.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Thunderbro posted:

Yeah, seriously. Last chapter's ending was such an insane, cheap rear end pull of tension that it honestly feels like a jumping the shark moment. Like it's cool Bambina is such a goofy dude that's cool in its own context, but they really could have done without the EVERYBODY DIED INFINITE DESPAIR AAAAACCCEEEEEE moment if it was going to be dropped the very next chapter.

It's almost if the manga was playing a game with us.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Maybe one day we all can be playmates of this manga??

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Im glad burning desire to eat monkey balls has brought everyone back on task

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

pnumoman posted:

No, the manga would be so much better if they didn't pretend like that happened. Especially for the duration of just one chapter.

Let's look at this in the context of Suni though.

How would he have known it was a poison doll

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

pnumoman posted:

I agree scene could have been Sunny blinking and opening his eyes mid flight after Bambina sneezed with nobody around him when he finally get's grounded. No need for a fakeout if there was no real payout for it. , also. Did Coco make new legs out of poison, or just create fake legs out of poison before Bambina "played" with him?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I agree scene could have been Sunny blinking and opening his eyes mid flight after Bambina sneezed with nobody around him when he finally get's grounded. No need for a fakeout if there was no real payout for it. , also. Did Coco make new legs out of poison, or just create fake legs out of poison before Bambina "played" with him?

The latter. Coco is a precog, though it rarely comes up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

The latter. Coco is a precog, though it rarely comes up.

How exactly does that work?
It's not like he made a complete body double like he did with Zebra. And I don't see how having fake legs would protect him from this:

Since there isn't any real place for them to be that already isn't where his real legs are.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought Coco created an entire poison doll for himself(as well as Zebra) and it just got blown away with the sneeze.

Where the real Coco and Zebra were that the monkey king somehow didn't notice but they still got blown away by the sneeze, I dunno. Maybe it's like the log switch poo poo Naruto does.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Training arc incoming, mother fuckers!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Does that mean we're just going to get a montage of eating?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Nahxela posted:

Isn't that when this Manga is at its best though? Goddamn meteor spice is still one of my favorite meals so far!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Oh, I'm not saying that that would be a bad thing, just that it's how Toriko characters power up~

I think Meteor Garlic is still one of my favorites. Buff Komatsu and all.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Ah, yeah I meant meteor garlic. All meteor spice did was ruin the whole human world :haw:

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Nahxela posted:

Crunch.

Bite Bite Crunch.

Bite Bite Crunch.

Bite Bite Cruuuuuuuuunch.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Reiche posted:

Ah, yeah I meant meteor garlic. All meteor spice did was ruin the whole human world :haw:

That's until Komatsu figures out how to cook that poo poo up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

All Coco did was make poison leg stilts, which are what the monkey king kicked out. I like that it wasn't imagination and that nobody died we don't know what happened to zebra himself but coco got loving impaled on spikes by the sneeze and toriko is down an arm... again.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

These injuries seem to be getting bigger and bigger. Eventually Toriko is gonna recover from an injury where all he has left is his brain, tongue, throat and stomache

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Stomach is all you need in Torikoverse.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Shugojin posted:

Stomach is all you need in Torikoverse.

Stomach and the WILL TO FEED IT!! :black101:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

You gotta have the taste buds, what's the point otherwise

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Chapter 305

in which the power of Enbu is revealed to be really dumb. The little Torikos are great, though.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Ottumon posted:

The little Torikos are great, though.

The :stonk: is the best one.

Its time for a montage! :dance:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ottumon posted:

in which the power of Enbu is revealed to be really dumb. The little Torikos are great, though.
I feel like it was sort of foreshadowed with the president fight, wasn't it? They were talking about this sort of thing?

I laughed outloud at their one goal, though. This arc would ideally be titled 'Two piece'.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Ottumon posted:

Chapter 305

So the secret to getting the monkey king's testicles is juggling balls around am I reading that correctly?

This manga.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
guys I'm pretty sure physics doesn't work that way

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
kind of too late to be worrying about the laws of physics.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Ottumon posted:

Chapter 305

The Monkey King was never seen again

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

At least the """"""""""physics"""""""""" of Toriko are consistent. This reminds me a lot of minority world.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
since i am starting a hard science degree in january, I am glad I read Toriko as I will be Prepared.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I wonder if evolved gourmet cells are still viable for a time, since Sunny made a point of retrieving Toriko's arm earlier.

It'd be a lot more pressing about his arm except we saw him regrow most of his head and brain back with no real lasting repercussions other than making him really loving hungry.

Also, is Nitro-bro male or female? It doesn't really matter but I thought a translation said she was a girl-Nitro. (Asking for a friend)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Female.
Most probably.

I think.

• Locked thread