Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i don't like hiip as scum, because he's in two games rn and showing identical levels of not giving a gently caress, and the odds that he rolled scum in both are, what, ~5%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pinterest Mom posted:

i don't like hiip as scum, because he's in two games rn and showing identical levels of not giving a gently caress, and the odds that he rolled scum in both are, what, ~5%?

Do you know for sure that he rolled scum in the other game?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Isn't that directly the gambler's fallacy? The odds of his alignment in one game have nothing to do with the odds of his alignment in the other.

Also your phrasing is super weird there, it makes you sound like you're his scumbuddy in one of the two games.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Isn't that directly the gambler's fallacy? The odds of his alignment in one game have nothing to do with the odds of his alignment in the other.

right

2/9 chance in one game
2/9 chance in the other

they're independent, so
(2/9)^2 = 4.93% chance that he rolled scum in both games

i'm not seeing him behave differently in the two games, so I think it's plausible that he has the same alignment in both?

idk this might be dumb, he's also just not behaving much at all.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, if we're going to no-lynch otherwise, I'll shift over.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Gambler's fallacy is that failure increases chances of success; that a random event is "ready to pay out" or that you're due to win.

Also ##vote HiipFire to prevent a no-lynch/for a lovely vote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm not seeing him behave differently in the two games, so I think it's plausible that he has the same alignment in both?

idk this might be dumb, he's also just not behaving much at all.

Well, lurking is never necessarily indicative of alignment, but it's always anti-town. I understand he's busy, but the game goes on.

I'm open to other suggestions, I feel like it's only fair to extend Allen the newbie day one pass though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess ##vote hiipfire

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That's -1, we have the rest of the hour so we should hold off for a moment.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
sorry I've been busy with reading the 200+ unread posts from Just Post Mafia and just go vote me I guess cause I would rather get lynched than see a no lynch

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

HiipFire posted:

sorry I've been busy with reading the 200+ unread posts from Just Post Mafia and just go vote me I guess cause I would rather get lynched than see a no lynch

You've got 20 minutes to say your bit.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Hey I'm looking at Epsilon Plus and all I can see is

Epsilon Plus posted:

Ouch.

part of me wants to vote aC, part of me's okay with a vote on Allen. My original vote was a jokevote though so ##unvote will get some kind of vote in on my break.
A post that doesn't help us at all and doesn't bring anything new to the table and tries to stay as neutral about his suspicions and then follows it up the next day with,

Epsilon Plus posted:

Gambler's fallacy is that failure increases chances of success; that a random event is "ready to pay out" or that you're due to win.

Also ##vote HiipFire to prevent a no-lynch/for a lovely vote

Another post which helps with potentially preventing a D1 no-lynch and a safe vote against a lurking town.

##vote Epsilon Plus

He has contributed at much as I has, but just have a little more posts to his name.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Do you have a claim Hiip?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
VT

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
also Capps hasn't contributed anything since his vig, but I don't think there's gonna be a scum vig in this setup.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

HiipFire posted:

also Capps hasn't contributed anything since his vig, but I don't think there's gonna be a scum vig in this setup.

Any thoughts on Allen?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

apostateCourier posted:

Any thoughts on Allen?

oh wow that vote on you was scummy as hell christ and then the unvote immediately afterwards lol

##vote Allen Wren

yeah he's scummier than EP

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The problem there is that we have six minutes.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hey, I'm awake

holy poo poo deadline

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Allen Wren posted:

Hey, I'm awake

holy poo poo deadline

Just vote Hiip, there's no way around this.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

##vote hiipfire

If just to get something done today.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
WELL I TRIED OKAY GEEZ

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

HiipFire (5): Jedit, Somberbrero, Epsilon Plus, Pinterest Mom, Allen Wren
Allen Wren (2): Epsilon Plus, apostateCourier, Epsilon Plus, HiipFire
Jedit (1): mr.capps
apostateCourier (0): Somberbrero, Allen Wren, Allen Wren, Somberbrero
Epsilon Plus (0): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
Pinterest Mom (0): HiipFire, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, HiipFire

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 03rd, 2014 at 3 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 minutes.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE DEADLINE!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You dodge and weave like a pro, passing slower shoppers left and right. You see a middle aged man with a cart (hah, a cart will only slow you down) filled with every strange kitchen appliance known to man. You know for a fact that he will never use any of them more than once, before they sit on the counter or in a pantry gathering dust before finally getting dropped off at the local thrift store decades later by his wife.

"But you never know, we may want to make snowcones one day!"

No, you never will.

Hiipfire, Kitchen appliances you will never use, town-aligned vanilla, was purchased D1.

It is now N1. Actions in 24 hours maximum, but please try to get them in sometime tonight.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You pass next to the computer section of the store. This is usually just overpriced laptops made for checking facebook, but occassionally there is hardware in there was well.

You see a 15 year old kid holding a small box jumping up and down "Yes! They still have the EMERALD QUAD-X ST-1345-248-14LS-XL XTREME Radeon GeForce F12 HGTV 3547X 14GB DDR3 256-Bit FGDDR6 PCI Express 4.2 HFPC Ready SSD 240-Pin ATX AMD SATA 12.0Gb/s R2SFJ! Now I can play Counter-Strike: Source so fast!"

The boy then passes out from lack of oxygen.

apostateCourier, Computer hardware so you can play 10 year old games 0.00001% faster, Town Doctor, was purchased N1

It is now D2. Deadline will be 10pm Friday.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (6): Allen Wren, Epsilon Plus, Jedit, mr.capps, Pinterest Mom, Somberbrero

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 05th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE DEADLINE!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I will NEVER pay attention to the deadline!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay maybe I'll pay a little attention to the deadline.

##vote Epsilon Hiipfire's case on him is decent.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Really? I think it kinda reads more of an OMGUS. Two posts is kind of a blah case.

So glad D1 is over. I generally hate D1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Really? I think it kinda reads more of an OMGUS. Two posts is kind of a blah case.

So glad D1 is over. I generally hate D1.

It's a bit blah in general so far, the effort of that case is proportional to the amount of activity.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

We've had a doctor and miller so far. What do you think the odds are on a cop, Somber?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

We've had a doctor and miller so far. What do you think the odds are on a cop, Somber?

Cop is a standard role in most game, I would be surprised if there wasn't one. Why do you ask?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

It was also pretty much all you said outside of joke phase. And if he was going to OMGUS someone, why you? I'm the one who called him out, and Somber's vote was a "me too" - his second of the game, I might add.

Somber, what was your Night Action?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Epilison is a cop who got a guilty result on your, he is getting you in a trap.

Duhhhhhhh

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jedit posted:

It was also pretty much all you said outside of joke phase. And if he was going to OMGUS someone, why you? I'm the one who called him out, and Somber's vote was a "me too" - his second of the game, I might add.

What? No way.

Until there's more discussion and content most of my votes are going to be hollow and that's just the game state.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

mr.capps posted:

Epilison is a cop who got a guilty result on your, he is getting you in a trap.

Duhhhhhhh

This didn't happen.

Somberbrero posted:

What? No way.

But Somber had a night action, possibly a cop investigation.

OR

Somber is scum who is trying to breadcrumb being a cop? Maybe?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Jedit posted:

Well, I did... vote... for him...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well, I did... vote... for him...

Yes, saying it was better than a no lynch after Hiipfire had said he'd rather be lynched than see a no lynch. Why would you OMGUS someone with whom you agree? Honestly, if the situation was reversed, if he was still alive because you'd removed your vote, I'd be liking you both as the scum team right now because his protesting your vote would seem so fake.

As is, though, we know Hiipfire was Town and hence that he didn't know what you are. So he must have voted you for his stated reason that you were almost as inactive as he had been. It's not OMGUS.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mafia edit: I don't know why we're bothering to discuss if there's a Cop, because it's pointless having a Miller if there isn't a Cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am a cop plus day vig. I had a guilty result on Jeddit. Just kidding.

##vote Jedit

• Locked thread