Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

It kinda sucks that you can't hear our running commentary in the videos. I guess there's this whole consent thing with PS4 video.

It all started when we parachuted down from Mt. Chiliad to Paleto bay where we were chased down by a department store and a tyfighter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB49X353kzQ

Then we rode an 18-wheeler all the way from Paleto Bay and even completed a stunt jump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y03w9Gir_wE

Then Tyfighter returned for more instruction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL4jCc5Qixo

It's not uncommon for one person to try to wreck everyone else in race, but a crew voltroning a barricade?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cas93sW3zFk

Everyone enjoyed it so much we replayed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu36Hn5uV_U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I'm so sad we couldn't hear what they were saying.

poo poo, they could have been enjoying the extra challenge.

(I doubt it thought.)

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I thought I read somewhere that there was a setting for in-game voice chat thing in the videos?

E: it might just be your voice, I'm not sure?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

I thought I read somewhere that there was a setting for in-game voice chat thing in the videos?

We were talking about that - if I recall you have to "approve" it in your settings for others' (and possibly your) PS4 to record. I haven't tried my Elgato capture yet with it.

With the Elgato though I had a weird problem on the 360 that it would record every other voice but mine.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

geeves posted:

Everyone enjoyed it so much we replayed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu36Hn5uV_U

This was the crowning moment of my GTA career. Also SUPAA DRIFTO MOUNTAINU!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hugh Malone posted:

The thing is we don't use in game voice at all, we use party chat. There is a difference.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Populon posted:

This was the crowning moment of my GTA career. Also SUPAA DRIFTO MOUNTAINU!

I was invited for round 2 so I didn't really know what to expect. I started racing and even though I did several donuts in the middle, I still managed 5th place and got like 4500 RP. I did capture spectator mode when all the cars started to catch on fire and explode.

*according to the video i got 3rd

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I, too, got a video of us fuckin around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-JtIyg0oY
Share button takes some figuring out!

e: Video quality settings too, apparently

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

BitBasher posted:

The thing is we don't use in game voice at all, we use party chat. There is a difference.

Yeah, I was thinking that.

So, if you're in party chat, does that carry over through other sessions and everything?

I mean, you just hear what everybody in chat is saying whether you're playing with them or not, like on Xbox right?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hugh Malone posted:

Yeah, I was thinking that.

So, if you're in party chat, does that carry over through other sessions and everything?

I mean, you just hear what everybody in chat is saying whether you're playing with them or not, like on Xbox right?

Yep, they don't even have to be in a game. They can be on a Vita and be in party chat.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

BitBasher posted:

Yep, they don't even have to be in a game. They can be on a Vita and be in party chat.

Cool, that was the main thing I missed when I moved from 360 to ps3

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

BitBasher posted:

This is pretty cool but can be confusing for newcomers. The first time I played on a server with goons, I was confused why no one was talking and I just left after like a minute.

Pootbarn here btw, that was fun as heck last night.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

You can dye your hair now?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yep There's a full spectrum of color

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Most hairstyles have had multiple hair color options since at least early this year. It's as simple as picking out a different color prefix at the hair places.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

geeves posted:

With the Elgato though I had a weird problem on the 360 that it would record every other voice but mine.

That's not a bug. The Elgato has no way of recording your voice input because it's not being played out on your TV. You need to connect your headset via a separate cable into your laptop/computer and then using the commentary feature to record your voice over the clips or record it in a separate program and sync it.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Xmas came early - I'm back, baby! :toot:

Looking forward to getting mad continuing to be mad at the weird decisions GTAO makes!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Nintendo Kid posted:

Most hairstyles have had multiple hair color options since at least early this year. It's as simple as picking out a different color prefix at the hair places.

I meant for the poors

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Nintendo Kid posted:

No they mean like green and red and purple and poo poo

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

Xmas came early - I'm back, baby! :toot:

Looking forward to getting mad continuing to be mad at the weird decisions GTAO makes!

Same here! After waiting two hours for it to update/install, I got in a few quick games with the LLJK crew. Good times, though I'm pretty rusty.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I learned today that not all goons are friendly towards other goons in game. Even if they're in the same crew as you :(

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Stringbean posted:

I learned today that not all goons are friendly towards other goons in game. Even if they're in the same crew as you :(

Was it me, scyron57? Because I swear I dunno what I am doing tonight.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Scyron posted:

Was it me, scyron57? Because I swear I dunno what I am doing tonight.

Nah this wasn't "oops sorry didn't know you were in LLJK!" This was "gently caress you I'm a wild card"

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Managed to do an impromptu race to simeons import/export garage from the east side LCS and almost won in an unmodded cab vs 2 zentornos if I hadn't crash, really bad. Like, one the guys just drive off for some reason and the other took the far way, around through the toll gate. It has probably been one of my best passive race-in character drunk-races yet. Too bad $50 was all that was at stake.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Stringbean posted:

Nah this wasn't "oops sorry didn't know you were in LLJK!" This was "gently caress you I'm a wild card"

there has been a longstanding divide between "don't be a dick to crew members" and "its GTA lol"

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Stringbean posted:

All you can do is not get pissed because unfortunately that's what most people want from you. I personally try not to mess with people unless they're actively trying to kill me, but occasionally I get a wild hair and decide to just blast people.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

WoodrowSkillson posted:

there has been a longstanding divide between "don't be a dick to crew members" and "its GTA lol"

I always run under the old KFS rules from BF1942/BF2 days: At any point, at any time, you are probably going to be killed. Probably by your teammate. Explosively. Deal with it. :shrug:

Goons have proven time and time again to have poor impulse control. :D

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
Run over a Goon. Stab a Goon. Bomb a Goon. Club a Goon. Drown a Goon. Blood for the Cause.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Just... at least put forth a little bit of effort to give it the appearance you were trying to take some other white dot pubbie out. :3:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Duke Chin posted:

Just... at least put forth a little bit of effort to give it the appearance you were trying to take some other white dot pubbie out. :3:

I only kill goons if it is going to be pretty funny when it happens (which is most of the time)

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

geeves posted:

It's not uncommon for one person to try to wreck everyone else in race, but a crew voltroning a barricade?

Maniac_Cop here, see me formin' like Voltron, remember I got teeth like a baby seal. :colbert:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My team at work gave me a £15 psn card and there's nothing I want to buy because most digital full game titles are all £15 cheaper on physical media anyway.

Do I just buy GTA funbux? My heart says yes but my head says no, because thats maybe 1 fully modded supercar and some change for funsies.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Don't do it or you'll just encourage them.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Bobtista posted:

My team at work gave me a £15 psn card and there's nothing I want to buy because most digital full game titles are all £15 cheaper on physical media anyway.

Do I just buy GTA funbux? My heart says yes but my head says no, because thats maybe 1 fully modded supercar and some change for funsies.

If you do it add another $5 and get the 1.25 mil one otherwise you'll only get $700,000

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Prokhor posted:

If you do it add another $5 and get the 1.25 mil one otherwise you'll only get $700,000

1.25 mil is £11.99 on the UK PSN so I could buy that and another smaller one.

im pooping! posted:

Also this I guess but in a half hearted way.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

im pooping! posted:

Careful or that one goon will think we're some vital marketing strategy and then buy shark cards out of spite! :monocle:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Bobtista posted:

Go for it. If GTA online is what you enjoy, then go with what you enjoy.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Stringbean posted:

That sucks, you should out them here. What's their handle?

it's always uncool to kill crew on purpose if you don't know them already

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So how do I join these parties when they're up on PS4? Sometimes I join lobbies with multiple LLJKs and they're not talking, so I assume they're in parties so I go to the Party menu and don't see any parties active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

geeves posted:

This bit was bretty gud:

• Locked thread