Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Davzz posted:

(I enjoyed ACE:R but man, if you don't pick something that's ranged and strong...)

That's any ACE game, though. With possible exception of Black Getter in 3 the best unit is always Heavyarms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

dis astranagant posted:

That's any ACE game, though. With possible exception of Black Getter in 3 the best unit is always Heavyarms.

At least the melee suits were VIABLE in non-R. Nirvash was a fuckload of fun in 3, for instance, despite being pretty much entirely melee.

In R, if you're not ranged and flying, you're just hosed. Who the hell had the idea to make quite a few units incapable of flight and then have a major story focus be on Macross Frontier? That game was poorly designed in so many ways.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

At least the melee suits were VIABLE in non-R. Nirvash was a fuckload of fun in 3, for instance, despite being pretty much entirely melee.

In R, if you're not ranged and flying, you're just hosed. Who the hell had the idea to make quite a few units incapable of flight and then have a major story focus be on Macross Frontier? That game was poorly designed in so many ways.

Nirvash had a lock on missile attack in the form of that frisbee thing doing all the work. Try doing regular missions with something like Epyon or God Gundam and see long it takes you to give up.

Flying I'll give you. Pretty sure there's nothing that can't fly in the PS2 games and I don't know why they'd do such a thing.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 5, 2014

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Probably Z3-2, right?

Either way, looking forward to it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

dis astranagant posted:

Nirvash had a lock on missile attack in the form of that frisbee thing doing all the work. Try doing regular missions with something like Epyon or God Gundam and see long it takes you to give up.

I did more than it is probably considered sane with God Gundam due to sheer love of G. I freely admit it's pretty unimpressive, but at least it's not like Alteisen in R. I could actually reasonably fight things with the God Gundam, and at the very least it wrecked enemy aces really fast. Choukyu Haoh Deneidan helps a bit with clearing mooks, too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sick.

I just started watching Reconguista in G because of all the praise and now I'm really hoping something from it shows up in this.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Policenaut posted:

Sick.

I just started watching Reconguista in G because of all the praise and now I'm really hoping something from it shows up in this.

Kinda unlikely. Admittedly the two-year rule was proven false, but the only other things that got added in mid-production were Wing way back when (the funniest one, since it was before the show had even AIRED), Evangelion movies, Gundam Unicorn and I guess technically Linebarrels? Admittedly I don't have the most extensive knowledge of the time periods in which each SRW game showed up, but it's still super unusual to have something show up mid-airing. Especially considering how not very long ago it started airing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

I did more than it is probably considered sane with God Gundam due to sheer love of G. I freely admit it's pretty unimpressive, but at least it's not like Alteisen in R. I could actually reasonably fight things with the God Gundam, and at the very least it wrecked enemy aces really fast. Choukyu Haoh Deneidan helps a bit with clearing mooks, too.

I still refuse to believe he's worse than Epyon was in ACE 1.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Sick.

Yeah, as others said its doubtful that it'll show up. I expect if we get a new Gundam it'll probably (sadly) be AGE. We'll get the end of Unicorn, the 00 movie plotline that was missing from the first Z3, and maybe AGE. Build Fighters isn't going to show up until the next major series since it simply wouldn't fit in with anything they currently have, and Reconguista in G won't show up for a year or two until after it is finished.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Soul of Chogokin GaoGaiGar comes out this month, could we get our wish and see it in Z3.2?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Sick.

Same. I saw some news thing about how the director was telling older Gundam fans that they shouldn't watch it or shouldn't complain about it or something because it was for a younger generation, but I'm not really sure why anyone would have a problem with it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Getsuya posted:

Same. I saw some news thing about how the director was telling older Gundam fans that they shouldn't watch it or shouldn't complain about it or something because it was for a younger generation, but I'm not really sure why anyone would have a problem with it.

Yeah, I have no idea why he's telling people that because, to me, Reconguista feels the closest Gundam has gotten to the classics in years. It looks so warm and vibrant, full of colors, it's fun and all the characters feel like classic 80s anime characters instead of overdesigned modern ones. It feels like they took all those super old series' and launched them to the modern day, but not like SEED where it was just a carbon copy re-imagining. Just put G and Build Fighters together in SRW as soon as possible.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Getsuya posted:

I saw some news thing about how the director was telling older Gundam fans that they shouldn't watch it or shouldn't complain about it or something because it was for a younger generation, but I'm not really sure why anyone would have a problem with it.
Tomino is a really "old man yells at cloud" sort of person.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!

Policenaut posted:

I don't know if this got mentioned here but Z3-1 is now getting a PlayStation the Best re-release on both PS3 and Vita. $40 PS3/$30 Vita. I guess Bamco really wants people to get ready for Z3-2.

I just bought a vita copy a month ago at full price, gently caress. I wish they would make a vita version of OG 2nd.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

EthanSteele posted:

Soul of Chogokin GaoGaiGar comes out this month, could we get our wish and see it in Z3.2?

This is my number 1 hope for Z3.2. I don't know if im foolish for believing its possible, but all the talk of the green planet at the end of Z3 has got my hopes up. It would be nice to see all the Z1 series that were missing come back as well - grendizer wherefore art thou.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

EthanSteele posted:

I doubt they would tie it in intentionally, but that would be loving awesome. Would love to see new glorious crisp graphics.

Also so glad I preordered SoC GGG, cant wait to get my mitts on it :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Getsuya posted:

He also just recently said he hopes the young people will rewatch it when theyre older to really understand it :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KoB posted:

He also just recently said he hopes the young people will rewatch it when theyre older to really understand it :v:
In Tomino's mind, if you're old you're an idiot, and if you're young you're an idiot.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

And god help you if you buy Gundam models...

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I love the random image of Ichiro Mizuki on the countdown site. It feels so right.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It's gonna be the sequel to that virtual card game the released a while ago.

Or OE2 with even worse leveling/difficulty mechanics.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just realized: I need to see G-Reco in a game with Gundam 00, to see Patrick Colasour, AEUG Ace, interact with Klim Nick, amazing genius.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

I love the random image of Ichiro Mizuki on the countdown site. It feels so right.
He looks good for someone in his 70s.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

AradoBalanga posted:

Gods do not age.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AradoBalanga posted:

60s, I think, but still pretty good.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Double post: Now that the countdown page changed, is there really any doubt whatsoever that this is a Z3.2 announcement? They put the Z symbol in the background!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Get hype for the Space Prison.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

Double post: Now that the countdown page changed, is there really any doubt whatsoever that this is a Z3.2 announcement? They put the Z symbol in the background!

Hes holding up 2 sets of 3 fingers. Clearly they are going to announce that Z3 is a three parter.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Who's ready for Asakim as the protagonist???

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Countdown site updated. In important breaking news, Ichiro's gone from holding up 7 fingers to holding up 6.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Pureauthor posted:

Who's ready for Asakim as the protagonist???

I wish, it'd be a lot better than Hibiki.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Caphi posted:

I still think Hibiki is pretty ok compared to other quiet protagonists, and I really want to see what he does when Suzune does whatever she is about to do.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Caphi posted:

He probably suffers from the game being split in two. I personally liked Crow less.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
He's pretty dull, but hey, let's do bring up Suzune, who was described in prerelease copy with the phrase "irrational hysteria" and then turned out to actually be worse than that.

Hibiki's relationship with Suzune is the worst part of him (arguably not of her though) because it's pure lightnovel "protect/support" and vanishingly little else.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I liked some of the little things with their relationship establishment and vague foreshadowing.

Suzune: You're into the occult, right?
Hibiki: Yeah, but how did you know?
Suzune: I saw some posts on an occult forum with your exact writing style.
Hibiki: Oh...

That's paraphrased but it left Hibiki wondering what she was doing on an occult forum to start with. I guess that's going to come up next game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Caphi posted:

He's pretty dull, but hey, let's do bring up Suzune, who was described in prerelease copy with the phrase "irrational hysteria" and then turned out to actually be worse than that.

Hibiki's relationship with Suzune is the worst part of him (arguably not of her though) because it's pure lightnovel "protect/support" and vanishingly little else.
Yeah, which is why I am hoping it's all just set-up for when she loses her poo poo for good and Hibiki ends up opposing her or something.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, which is why I am hoping it's all just set-up for when she loses her poo poo for good and Hibiki ends up opposing her or something.

Is it possible that Suzune is secretly Xine or something?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hokuto posted:

Is it possible that Suzune is secretly Xine or something?
The thought had occurred to me...or freaking Edel, since we already know he has at least one alternate version who looks and acts completely different.

That could totally be him...her...whatever.

edit: or Aim, or gently caress she could be anyone, since we're dealing with people who can manipulate reality itself here.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 6, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

She's probably got some goofy gimmick going on but she's probably inhabited by the True Original Villain or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought she acted weird because the Gemini sphere was giving here a spit personality but after reading up on things you don't get the sphere until you steal it from the drunken hobo guy at the very end of the game.

I still wish we got a main character with the Pisces or Aquarius sphere so we could get an amphibious original.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 6, 2014

• Locked thread