Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Man, some dickbag already took my name on Playstation network. I was a unique snowflake for so, so many years (cause who would want a name this stupid?)

Dear people of LLJK/GTAO - add TheDukeChin to your lists so I may commence upon the shootings of dots with theeeeee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Goons have proven time and time again to have poor impulse control. :D
I think the rule is to only team kill where it is absolutely unavoidable hilarious.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Hugh Malone posted:

That sucks, you should out them here. What's their handle?

it's always uncool to kill crew on purpose if you don't know them already

Don't even remember the name. He killed me twice near the airport. I told him we were on the same crew and he said he was a wild card or some poo poo. I just wandered back into the city to pick off white dots. He logged shortly after :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey synthetiksoul and lazySA whoever you guys are, thanks for loving up that british dude so I could get close and gently caress up his passive mode jet buddy after you baited him out of it. :cool:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If anyone on PS4 needs race wins for unlocks hit me up on PSN, I need 20 more slipstreams for lava red so I don't mind letting you beat me in a criminal records 1 lap playlist for a while.

PSN ID is Tarwedge

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bobtista posted:

If anyone on PS4 needs race wins for unlocks hit me up on PSN, I need 20 more slipstreams for lava red so I don't mind letting you beat me in a criminal records 1 lap playlist for a while.

PSN ID is Tarwedge

Yo I was about to go to bed but if you want slipstreams then just turn on a huge rear end criminal records and let's do this. PSN Malice_Mizer. I think you just sent me an invite to some other race.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Stringbean posted:

Don't even remember the name. He killed me twice near the airport. I told him we were on the same crew and he said he was a wild card or some poo poo. I just wandered back into the city to pick off white dots. He logged shortly after :v:

Can you kick someone out of a crew midsession? Because that would be funny.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I run/knock over a lot of people when I'm driving by accident. On my screen it looks like I stopped a foot away from them but because :australia: internet I actually ploughed right through them. :v:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Yo I was about to go to bed but if you want slipstreams then just turn on a huge rear end criminal records and let's do this. PSN Malice_Mizer. I think you just sent me an invite to some other race.

Thanks man, all done!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Can you kick someone out of a crew midsession? Because that would be funny.

Yes It's been done before. It's probably the same guy :v:

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
Does anybody play on 360 anymore, GMT as well?... never actually played with / seen any goons yet.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Policenaut posted:

Hey synthetiksoul and lazySA whoever you guys are, thanks for loving up that british dude so I could get close and gently caress up his passive mode jet buddy after you baited him out of it. :cool:

aww yeee I'm Synthetik0Soul B)

Word.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Typical GBS posted:

Does anybody play on 360 anymore, GMT as well?... never actually played with / seen any goons yet.
I will be when *snicker* when heists come in *giggle* in *pfft* in the next patch :cawg:

Seriously though, I will come back for heists and even play with goons online and everything. There may even be reporting.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

SisterFister posted:

This is pretty cool but can be confusing for newcomers. The first time I played on a server with goons, I was confused why no one was talking and I just left after like a minute.

Use the phone in game and text them! They may not even know you are there. It happens sometimes like last night where I am playing with real world friends and in a private chat channel but can't hear anything the goons are saying. I can't really have it both ways.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I've been killed and killed LLJK members, but only in the most hilarious of situations.

edit: and sometimes accidentally.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

The Fresh Prince posted:

I've been killed and killed LLJK members, but only in the most hilarious of situations.

yes, exactly

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
also, Otiosely is awesome

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

The Fresh Prince posted:

Pootbarn and I had a moment last night. For some reason, the crew color wasn't outlined on him (and on me either it sounds like) so he ran me over as I unloaded my shotgun in his face.

When I realized it was him, I sent him a text that said, "sry!" and nothing else, then this happened:

It was "checking" for a half hour until I left the session.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yo so did anyone else just get kicked out? Dropped connection, can't reconnect due to unknown network error. PS4.

edit; never mind, closed game and restarted it and it works again.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 5, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Kelly posted:

I sent him a text that said, "sry!" and nothing else, then this happened:

lol

Capture creator wouldn't let me use the word 'muffler' in a description

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

lol

You also can't use "retard" and of all things, "R*"

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

lol

I appreciate that they are protecting are children from phrases / words such as "sry" and "muffler".

(I have been called a friend of the family by an 8-year-old online)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

titties posted:

Thanks to Facebook, twitter, tumblr, Xbox live and various forums, if this does not happen to me once a night I have to check my router.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

titties posted:

voice chat = Friends+Crew Only

Y'all playin' tonight? Think im gonna bust out that sweet sweet 14 day ps+ trial on my fancy new ps4 tonight. :getin:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

titties posted:

In a room full of 12 year olds (AT MOST) racing The Commute long ago I was called a "Motherfuckin hard racin' nigga" after 3 straight wins. I didn't know how to respond to that.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
My youngest sister has two sons, one four and one seven years old, through spending more time with them this year I have learned that the kids I kept hearing in GTAO PS3 last year (mainly French kids) were closer in age to the four year old.

I need to teach them to be cool online before long, they're getting a 360 for christmas.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I want to pretend I couldn't hear actual babies babbling on the mic on the 360 version regularly, but...

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Prokhor posted:

aww yeee I'm Synthetik0Soul B)

Word.

You're a blast to run with, thanks for picking me up in attack copter - crash said copter in a tailspin crash - then manhunt the same Pubby through the swamps over and over again. I had to leave after being shotdown by another jet right after I stole the one from the airbase :dance:

titties
May 10, 2012

poopzilla posted:

voice chat = Friends+Crew Only

You still hear them when you kill them.

BitBasher posted:

In a room full of 12 year olds (AT MOST) racing The Commute long ago I was called a "Motherfuckin hard racin' nigga" after 3 straight wins. I didn't know how to respond to that.

It was a compliment though, so it's ok and you say "thanks".

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Duke Chin posted:

Man, some dickbag already took my name on Playstation network. I was a unique snowflake for so, so many years (cause who would want a name this stupid?)

Chinese royalty perhaps?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

titties posted:

You still hear them when you kill them.

well yeah, but it still makes playing bearable. I can deal with it for 3 seconds at a time not hour long continuous sessions of “yeah I fukkin you rear end nigga” on endless repeat.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Oh, God.. let's not get into people and their hour long diatribes of the same loving stupid-rear end "I killed you" lines.

Just ask Kelly about "lay down," or "I'ma wash you."

Or we can talk about the kid with a speech impediment trying to say "get wrecked," but it sounding like "get wet."

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I love hearing the snippet, especially when it's messed up. I just heard bits and pieces of someone yelling (not at me) so I went to everyone chat and it's some guy having a full blown fight with his wife / gf. I the whole session was listening to the show and someone was sending him texts that she would read and get upset about, "Is that one of your online girlfriends?"

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Is there a trick to joining up with friends on PSN? "Join Friend" seems to only work 50% of the time and that's only if you want to risk waiting through 3 hours of loading screens.

titties
May 10, 2012

Customfresh posted:

Is there a trick to joining up with friends on PSN? "Join Friend" seems to only work 50% of the time and that's only if you want to risk waiting through 3 hours of loading screens.

Launch single player, then start > online > play GTA online > closed friend session

Once you're in your session, either invite a bunch of people or join whoever's online through start > friends > (friend)> invite / join session

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How is the PS4 headset? I hate being a mute in video games and I was thinking of picking one up as I don't really have the cheddar to be spending on console mics.

Or really do I have to use a PS4 headset.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

If you have an iphone you can use the ear buds w/ mic and that is much better than the piss awful mic that comes with the PS4.

I am using a pair of £5 phillips ear buds which are basically the same thing and it does the job.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hugh Malone posted:

also, Otiosely is awesome

The catface siblings like to ride in style.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

titties posted:

I appreciate that they are protecting are children from phrases / words such as "sry" and "muffler".
Actually what you had was just :rockstar:
If you send another text message it goes away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Just requested an invite as "Snorefingers", playing on PS4.

• Locked thread