Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rhopunzel posted:

another quality contribution by 4-time WDC Alain Post
We should have a World Posters Championship. And a Moral World Posters Championship because the WPC is always a fraud and a cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

McLaren wants a certain amount money and who cares where it comes from.

ron dennis cares and you clearly don't "get" ron dennis

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ron dennis is a man who specifically requested a size of tile for the MTC floors so they wouldn't have to cut any to fit and would have full-size tiles everywhere. imagine how he'd feel with the wal-mart logo on the front of that building.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

as a child ron dennis slept with the vacuum cleaner next to his bed so he could make his room perfectly neat as soon as he awoke

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

these aren't like stig-esque tall tales this is real loving life

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

ron dennis is a man who specifically requested a size of tile for the MTC floors so they wouldn't have to cut any to fit and would have full-size tiles everywhere. imagine how he'd feel with the wal-mart logo on the front of that building.

Imagine if he put that level of effort and resources towards something like building a race car.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

be nice wicka posted:

That is fantastic. Is there a place that gathers similar Ron anecdotes?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Riso posted:

idk just read an autism forum and substitute names as necessary

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

The golden era of sponsorship was not only the tobacco era, but also the era where Italian heat exchanger manufacturers from Piedmont sponsored grand prix teams.

RIP an Italian dairy company being one of the biggest sponsors of the sport.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Ron dennis adds sugar to his tea one grain at a time and if he exceeds 100 grains he fires an intern.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Wait Ron Dennis sounds awfully like a goon... Own up!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

here's kind of some more: http://strategy14.com/learning_from_ron_dennis_mclaren/

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

"McLaren are successful because Ron Dennis"

I stopped reading there.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Ron Dennis doesn't have OCD so much as he has Rich rear end in a top hat Disorder.

I live in the hood. I'm much more concerned about loving Somali gangs trying to burn my condo building down than how my flooring lines up even if it does look awkward.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Ron sounds a lot like another very successful racing team boss in Roger Penske.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I like this fella http://www.pitflaps.co.uk/2014/12/vettel-hands-back-2012-title/

quote:

After driving the 2012 F1 Ferrari, Sebastian Vettel has handed back his World Driver’s title for that season.
The apparently legitimate 4-time driver’s champion made the donation after undergoing his first ever Ferrari test in the car in which Fernando Alonso ran him close and which turned out to be utter dogshit.
Said the 27 year old legend-charlatan, “my RB8 Red Bull was the pinnacle of F1 engineering; a perfectly balanced chassis that could be coaxed or manhandled to the minutest level of precision depending on any circuit or track condition that presented itself.”

More on the site

Also lol http://www.pitflaps.co.uk/2014/04/webber-poo poo/

edit: http://www.pitflaps.co.uk/2014/11/dennis-determined-arsehole-horner/ Hah, p. much every article is great.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Riso posted:

I seem to remember something about flathead screws having their heads facing the same direction, too. It may have been Dave Richards talking about Ron.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ron Dennis is to ensure only suitably shaped Nachos inhabit the Mclaren motorhome.

The recruitment of Sergio Perez to the Woking team nearly collapsed at the last minute when it was revealed the 22 year old was a big fan of his country’s staple diet of re-fried leftovers and crisps.

Camp interior design expert, Laurence Llewelyn Bowen said, “serving spicy South American finger food amidst Mclaren’s proto-industrial minimalist chic is a recipe for disaster.”

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Jackie Stewart used to ensure that the tires on the team transporter, when parked, always had the company logo top-and-center, which I think would have made Ron proud.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Riso posted:

I'm imagining a Ken Burns documentary about McLaren with Shelby Foote recanting many tales of Ron Dennis being an insufferable dick.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm imagining a Ken Burns documentary about McLaren with Shelby Foote recanting many tales of Ron Dennis being an insufferable dick.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Human Grand Prix posted:

Ron Dennis is to ensure only suitably shaped Nachos inhabit the Mclaren motorhome.

The recruitment of Sergio Perez to the Woking team nearly collapsed at the last minute when it was revealed the 22 year old was a big fan of his country’s staple diet of re-fried leftovers and crisps.

Camp interior design expert, Laurence Llewelyn Bowen said, “serving spicy South American finger food amidst Mclaren’s proto-industrial minimalist chic is a recipe for disaster.”

Mexico isn't in South America

horrryyy shiiiii

mods?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

i'm still very tickled by this tbh

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Louis Theroux meets Ron Dennis would be comedy gold.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

El Hefe posted:

Mexico isn't in South America

horrryyy shiiiii

mods?

It's south of America.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

gret posted:

Yeah, but a lot of people seem to like and respect ol' Rog.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Cojawfee posted:

It's south of America.

Your attempt to justify the racism compounds it!

Mods?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

gret posted:

I believe it was either Mark Webber or Jenson Button who said they would most like to have RP as their Team Manager.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I'm racist, ergo I watch F1

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Racists watch predominately European sport, what a scoop! In other news, dogs enjoy eating meat.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
dogs are poo poo

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Grosjean owns

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

I'm racist, ergo I watch F1

I just want to have a go at the Greeks. They invented gayness.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

skooma512 posted:

Just because the ancient Greeks invented gayness doesn't mean that any Greek guy is going to be receptive to your advances.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skooma512 posted:

It's the Chinese he's after.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

The BBC are reporting that Red Bull have been broken into and 60 trophies stolen.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

Clarence posted:

The BBC are reporting that Red Bull have been broken into and 60 trophies stolen.

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/newsevents/newsevents-pressreleases/newsevents-pressreleases-item.htm?id=296784

That's what the Police have tweeted regarding it.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ok, so which one of you stole them?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
A thief who steals from a thief...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU