Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Great Rumbler posted:

Episode 6 got pulled from Crunchyroll, possibly because of all the Ideon references.

Or because of the all-female rendition of Waiting for Godot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_for_Godot#Beckett.27s_objection_to_female_actors

It got pulled from niconico as well.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-02/shirobako-episode-6-streaming-suspended-due-to-rights-issue/.81672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

Exodus seems like a really terrible anime

I don't know, I'd watch the poo poo out of that ending he came up with. Well maybe not the horses with wings, that seems a bit excessive.

So Misa actually has the most stable and well-paying job of the group but it turns out to be total drudge work through and through. As a programmer I feel for her.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
I can't stand watching the voice actress sequences, because my stress level shoots straight through the roof.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

darkgray posted:

I can't stand watching the voice actress sequences, because my stress level shoots straight through the roof.

I had to mute that part because I'm a big coward baby who can't handle second-hand embarrassment.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I really liked Aoi's realization at the end because a horse's gait is one of the hardest things to animate correctly and it's going to be a nightmare for the animators.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I know their jobs are stressful and all, but are hallucinations really that common in that line of work?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Poil posted:

I know their jobs are stressful and all, but are hallucinations really that common in that line of work?

I think the staff really liked Aoi's doll hallucinations and decided to go all out with them.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I guess this was implied to be the next project for the second half of the show. Probably a parody of GuP/Area 88/whatever girls and military equipment series you like.

Nice Mitsubishi F-1 and F-4 Phantom.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

Exodus seems like a really terrible anime

Shirobako is pretty good though. CG Classmate's conflict of a well paying and secure job VS an interesting one is another good thing to spotlight, and probably the one I've related to the most.

Strongly seconding the relating to Toudou most. I'm only part-time so I can't talk much, but having worked a job I hate for the past three years to pay my way through college and being unable to leave due to the reasonable pay, I really felt for her. At least her job is in the field she wants to work in, but that's not much of a silver lining.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Guyver posted:

I really liked Aoi's realization at the end because a horse's gait is one of the hardest things to animate correctly and it's going to be a nightmare for the animators.

Only have to do 100 of them. What can go wrong? :downs:

I don't know how anyone would want to model car wheels for three years. I'd sooner rather work in that bar the voice actor girl works at. :smithicide:

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 5, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That reminded me of the guy at EA who only modeled football player noses for the FIFA games for years.

Can't wait to see the director's :ssj: next episode.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I guess this was implied to be the next project for the second half of the show. Probably a parody of GuP/Area 88/whatever girls and military equipment series you like.

I don't know about you, but I'm totally down for some Girls and Fighter Jet.

Also: that suuuure is 3D Studio Max. Too close to home, Shirobako! Too close!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

Surely you mean Girls und Kampfjet? :v:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Seems like she really fell on the harsh end of the current, accelerating division of labor problem going on in the animation industry (especially in CG and VFX). There was a studio contracted out just to make the folds on the Winter Soldier's leather glove look right in the last Captain America movie, so if she stays at that studio she's gonna be doing tires for the rest of her life (until that gets outsourced to India.) The big push at studios for recruiting now is for people to do just one small part of the process, and have them do that alone with almost no room for advancement. (They even create new job titles so they can circumvent Union rules about certain seniority granting specific pay, so instead of moving up to "supervisor" you become a "Rigger (2)".) Generalists and people who have aspirations of moving up need not apply, as the recent Pixar/Dreamworks/Hollywood pay scandals and non-competition pacts going around have shown.

Not sure if this is exactly the same trends going on in Japan, though.

Pretty sure they also implied the owner worked on Madagascar, considering the movie title.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Mizushima parodying his own anime in another of his anime, too deep bro.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I should assume the answer is no, but I'll ask anyways: is this the first instance of an anime girl being tsundere for car wheels?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

was the writer based on anyone? he seemed cool

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

AnacondaHL posted:

I should assume the answer is no, but I'll ask anyways: is this the first instance of an anime girl being tsundere for car wheels?

Tsundere would imply she later comes around to loving car wheels, as opposed to a burgeoning sense of existential dread at the tedious reality of being stuck working on them for the rest of her foreseeable future.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Davincie posted:

was the writer based on anyone? he seemed cool

Yoshino Hiroyuki has been suggested:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Tsundere would imply she later comes around to loving car wheels, as opposed to a burgeoning sense of existential dread at the tedious reality of being stuck working on them for the rest of her foreseeable future.

Nah, she loves the dubs. She even kicks one, the universal sign of tsunaffection.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

The scene in the parking lot is there to tell us that while she's disappointed in not working on anime she still likes working in CG animation and isn't completely burnt out yet. So when she sees something related to her work, a certain rim size on a certain car, she focuses on it and examines it. It's almost the same scene from last episode with the cat but under different circumstances.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Poil posted:

Surely you mean Girls und Kampfjet? :v:
I hope it's a direct reference to GuP and they replicate its production as much as possible. If only 25% of all the rumors about that shows production issues are true, it'll be a hilarious and painful clusterfuck.

My bet's on Emi getting fired for trying to sneak panty shots into the animation.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sindai posted:

That reminded me of the guy at EA who only modeled football player noses for the FIFA games for years.

I can't find anything about this and I need to know more.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
A guy I know did some work on a triple-A video game some time back. Production lasted a couple years, and he did two things: blades of grass and water ripples. For two years.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Did I miss in an earlier episode where the girl doing CG got her job modeling tires full time?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nuru posted:

Did I miss in an earlier episode where the girl doing CG got her job modeling tires full time?

Nope

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

darkgray posted:

right now i'm paused during one of those

it's too much

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I made it

wasn't that bad actualy

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Mikl posted:

A guy I know did some work on a triple-A video game some time back. Production lasted a couple years, and he did two things: blades of grass and water ripples. For two years.

Bet he knew all kindsa poo poo about blades of grass and water ripples by the end of those two years.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Why is it I find out today this show is only a 12 episode one? How comes all the shows I like only end up being 12 or 13? Explain it to me Shirobako! :(

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It's actually 24 episodes. Amazon Japan has eight volumes up. Volume eight lists having episodes 22-24 on it.

If you're going by ANN, don't. They stick 12 on any airing show that they don't have an official episode count for.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Good Listener posted:

Why is it I find out today this show is only a 12 episode one? How comes all the shows I like only end up being 12 or 13? Explain it to me Shirobako! :(

Guyver posted:

It's actually 24 episodes. Amazon Japan has eight volumes up. Volume eight lists having episodes 22-24 on it.

If you're going by ANN, don't. They stick 12 on any airing show that they don't have an official episode count for.

That's good to know. I went from :smith: to :unsmith: very quickly between both posts.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Guyver posted:

Oh thank goodness. Freaking ANN making me all "oh noooo" like that. Thanks for the info and sorry to jump the gun there!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Okay Aoi really needs to watch her stress levels. That's some seriously bad hallucinations she's having this time.

:cheers:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Uh yeah the waking dreams are becoming a bit of a concern. Lot of fun imagery this episode.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
The Madagascar references were awesome. The penguin 3D model and animation were quite well done for a throwaway scene.

Any idea if they were referring to anyone in particular at DreamWorks?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So there's a bunch more episodes of this left? Is the final third of the series going to be Aoi trying to cope with being the only competent production manager left at MusAni?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

So there's a bunch more episodes of this left? Is the final third of the series going to be Aoi trying to cope with being the only competent production manager left at MusAni?

This show has 24 or so episodes.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

Sorry to disappoint y'all, but it's a referrence to KanColle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Personally, I'd be fine with checking out ROOT FOR SPEED.

• Locked thread