Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's not (which is why i specifically avoided using the word) but the character is there.

the point of thread is to laugh at stupid bitcoin poo poo which nicsho certainly falls under at this point but i can kinda see where fckgw is coming from. nicsho is just a dumbass, he's not actually important to any of this.

If we ignored people because they are dumb and unimportant this thread would be two pages long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm not fckgw, i think the guy's as valid a target as any for goons to mock

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

somebody has to defend the honor of buttcoin

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
posting about the life of some mentally handicapped guy and his wife: go hog wild
posting about some guy who writes for buttcoin.org: helldumpery

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

anthonypants posted:

posting about the life of some mentally handicapped guy and his wife: killhamster will compile all of the posts for a massive buttcoin.org post

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

anthonypants posted:

posting about the life of some mentally handicapped guy and his wife: go hog wild

lol i didn't even put that together
we're talking about the site that published this http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/bitcoin-community-spotlight-logansryche

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
you know what gently caress it this guy's a loser

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

wow gently caress this guy

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I sorta chuckled at the interaction with the Russian dude who took over the Blake guy's Twitter.

related? probably his shortest article.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Gum posted:

If we ignored people because they are dumb and unimportant this thread wouldnt exist because yospos would have been closed

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I sorta chuckled at the interaction with the Russian dude who took over the Blake guy's Twitter.

related? probably his shortest article.

he's been working on his next article for three weeks, so, uh, look forward to that

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Werthog 95 posted:

he's been working on his next article for three weeks, so, uh, look forward to that

:fireman:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

oh poo poo that was probably the actual point

rand paul argued on television that eric garner's death was a good example of out-of-control taxation in this country.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Evan, tell him he's done. For the sake of Buttcoin.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

not until after we see how he "punches up" a few articles, lol

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

At this point I'm convinced he's a relative.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux. posted:

rand paul argued on television that eric garner's death was a good example of out-of-control taxation in this country.

somebody (ny times? wapo?) had an article about how the right-wingers are opposed to the eric garner death because nanny state

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ah yes the ancient and well-known legal principal of effectus butterflius

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

prefect posted:

somebody (ny times? wapo?) had an article about how the right-wingers are opposed to the eric garner death because nanny state
nah they just needed to be on the poc side for one of these murders to show they really do care

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

holy poo poo he celebrates himself creating "controversy" by getting one unit of negative attention then immediately backpedals to agree with the criticism

if he isn't already, he'll be a bitcoiner within a week

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

de blasio needs to loving fire bill bratton

out of a cannon

into a pile of armed victims of nypd brutality

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

theflyingexecutive posted:

holy poo poo he celebrates bitcoin creating "controversy" by getting one unit of negative attention then immediately backpedals to agree with the criticism

if he isn't already, he'll be a bitcoiner within a week
what if he celebrated bitcoin creating "controversy" by watching it get negative attention, and then immediately backpedaled to agree with the criticism

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

has anyone here yet heard the story of the spooky staircase?

well one dark night in new york a rookie cop was patrolling a spooky dark staircase in a public housing building. he then immediately shot and killed an unarmed person of color. the end.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

anthonypants posted:

what if he celebrated bitcoin creating "controversy" by watching it get negative attention, and then immediately backpedaled to agree with the criticism

he's stuck in a permanent yoyo of "well he does have a good point"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
He cited Adam Tod Brown, who might be the worst writer on Cracked.com

he literally sources the person who wrote this:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-current-tv-shows-that-get-more-praise-than-they-deserve/

which is some of the most clickbaity garbage imaginable...on cracked

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

He cited Adam Tod Brown, who might be the worst writer on Cracked.com

he literally sources the person who wrote this:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-current-tv-shows-that-get-more-praise-than-they-deserve/

which is some of the most clickbaity garbage imaginable...on cracked

this explains so much

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

well one dark night in new york a rookie cop was patrolling a spooky dark staircase in a public housing building. he then immediately shot and killed an unarmed person of color. the end.

take it back to D&D you big baby

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Werthog 95 posted:

this explains so much
seriously like i read cracked pretty frequently to kill time (and out of loyalty to daniel o'brian's early articles before he started doing dumb video stuff), and every time one of adam goddamn browns articles is up im like "guess this one will be complete and total garbage about his personal opinion about snack food or thing people say that mildly irritate him"

and they are and i read them and i don't know why

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

this craziness didn't get enough love. bitcoiners are eating this up wholesale and sending this guy a fair amount of money (think $100 last I saw) to fight the statist power.

here's the text version of that mess, "teacher's" comment at the top

quote:

Incomplete! Unacceptable! Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme! Literally Hitler! If you want any credit you will need to re-write your speech on Ponzi schemes and how Bitcoin is involved.

I believe the biggest technological advancement in my future will be bitcoin is a digital currency that is not backed byany country's central banker of government.

Bitcoin was mentioned in a Paper in 2008 under the name Satoshi Nakamoto and released in 2009. Satoshi Nakamoto is the pseudonymous person or group of People designed and create the original Bitcoin software. my dad, I and the real Person is Nick Szabo a cryptogrepler know for digital currency, but no one can be sure.

Bitcoin has had price ranges from $0.00 to an all time high of 1024.76 in 2010 Hanyecz Loszio Hanyee purchased a pizza for 10,000 Bitcoins which now would be worth about 3,806,000 thanks to expensive[...]

[Page 2]

[...]the goverment can track or tax it. as much as theid like. It's a decentralized currency and my dad says that scares the government because they can't control it.

I don't know everything about bitcoin yet. But my dad teaches me what he can and I try to understand as much as I can. He has different wallets which he uses to save for my college, he has one for me to use - Fasked for my allowance in bitcoin because I want my allowance to rowse. [Handwriting changes here] And he has one he uses to tip people on reddit - his favorite social media site. It's called change tip and he says soon every one will be using it to Pay for goods and send send money to friends, etc. as soon as I have enough I want to tip my friends on facebook like my dad does on reddit. He has fun and People seem to like it.

In conclusion, Bitcoin is going to change the [...]

[Page 3]

[...]hopefully it will remain decentralized many retallers are already accepting Bitcoin making it seem more legit ???? ?? to people who dont believe in it. So if you have any other questions or are instrested in Bitcoin there is pleny of information on you can find onlin. You can buy as little or as much as you want. and thats what I think will be the Biggest technological advancement in my future. my dream is to be a bitcoin Billionaire. thank you!

benperrin117 554 points 20 hours ago

The worst part is he did exactly as the assignment asks. "What do YOU believe will be the biggest technological advancement in your future?"

If you ask someone to write about what they believe, you can't turn around and say "No that's wrong. You were supposed to believe in the same things as me."

phlogistonical 190 points 18 hours ago

His teacher doesn't realize how lucky he is to have a student that is curious about new things, a passionate writer and better informed than the teacher himself.

Also, if the teacher did not agree with the contents, he should have seized the opportunity to have an interesting and educational discussion with your son, and stimulate him to defend his view, rather than to dictate what he should write.

I hope the teacher reads this too.

BitcoinBoo 26 points 20 hours ago

Give him a buck for me and I'll give another $50 if I can get a confirmation on the teacher being fired.

LOTS OF BITS

/u/changetip

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Proposed embargo on Mastercard (self.Bitcoin)
soumis 38 minutes ago par bitemperor
We have all witnessed the truly blatant propaganda piece released by Mastercard recently regarding cryptocurrencies and Mastercard's position.
To sum it up, they are against cryptocurrencies for obvious tyranical and self serving reasons.
I propose anyone who believes in bitcoin and its promise to humanity must stop dealing with Mastercard.
They showed us their true colors and may this be the begining of their downfall.
I will cancel my CIBC Mastercard as soon as i can.

total mastercards cards in circulation, 2b i think ?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

unpacked robinhood posted:

They showed us their true colors and may this be the begining of their downfall.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

TVarmy posted:

he's tainted buttcoin foundation too much. let nature take its course on that domain and start the doge-butte fire hydrant gazette fork.

no no no, buttcoin needs its Roger Ver

Gum posted:

If we ignored people because they are dumb and unimportant this thread would be two pages long

there never would have been a genesis post

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

you told it wrong

one dark night in new york a rookie cop was patrolling a spooky dark staircase in a public housing building. then there was a ghost. it booed at him and he was hella startled. then it zoomed all around the room making airplane noises and jammed himself up his butt. then for the rest of his days everywhere he went he had a butt ghost and it wouldn't stop making airplane noises. everyone was hella distracted. eventually someone shot him the end

the moral of this story is

* ghosts
> stay in school
* don't commit hate crimes
* bitcoin

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
did the butt ghost cause mad uncontrollable bouts of farting?

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Erenthal posted:

the crazy look does kind of remind me of the genius that camped outside of mtgox, demanding his butts back and making krapeles so uncomfortable that gox moved their operations

whatever happened to him? is he still out there, holding his sagging sign with a forlorn look on his face?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95juXXOAcEo

:rip:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Fry makes a billy on bitcoins he sat on in the 21st century. Spends it on anchovies

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

no no no, buttcoin needs its Roger Ver

there never would have been a genesis post

I mean it depends on what the purpose of buttcoin really is. if it's just to make bitcoiners mad then by all means let him go, he's posting things critical of bitcoin and bitcoiners and that's enough

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

we've dolphinately established that he's a poor writer, which makes me doubt his Harvard credentials immensely as well

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Alan Smithee posted:

Fry makes a billy on bitcoins he sat on in the 21st century. Gets scammed and doesn't even so much as get anchovies in return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
why did i take another look at this guy's twitter

for context: after his first tweets about that debate i sent him an email with the question "What on earth is making you touch this crap?" and he said "Yeah, I kinda had a feeling it was a bad idea. And I seriously didn't mean for it to go that way." i figured that he got the message and that was that but nope CLEARLY i was just telling him not to write an article about it but to go full retard on twitter??!

• Locked thread