Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I still don't know if the two halves of the Gemini sphere are Hibiki and Gadlight, or Hibiki and Suzune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still don't know if the two halves of the Gemini sphere are Hibiki and Gadlight, or Hibiki and Suzune.

I have no doubts that they'll be fighting in this part.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Ethiser posted:

I thought she acted weird because the Gemini sphere was giving here a spit personality but after reading up on things you don't get the sphere until you steal it from the drunken hobo guy at the very end of the game.

I still wish we got a main character with the Pisces or Aquarius sphere so we could get an amphibious original.

Aquarius is taken anyhow, but it's the water-bearer, not the water-swimmer, so I wouldn't necessarily expect an amphibious original. Now, Pisces. That had better be.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Travis Touchdown's ride didn't have much to do with aquatic life, and he has the Taciturn Crab sphere so...

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Prism posted:

Aquarius is taken anyhow, but it's the water-bearer, not the water-swimmer, so I wouldn't necessarily expect an amphibious original. Now, Pisces. That had better be.

If they just hand wave the rest of the spheres away with something like the bad guys already stealing them I'm gonna be pretty salty. Give me a mech design for every sphere Banpresto.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

My dream is a Chirico-style original where it's just a dude in a customized version of the original grunt mech, taking everyone out with superior piloting.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

My dream is a Chirico-style original where it's just a dude in a customized version of the original grunt mech, taking everyone out with superior piloting.

So a playable Firebug. I'd also say the Vorlent but that's more of a customized version of the original captain mech.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Ethiser posted:

If they just hand wave the rest of the spheres away with something like the bad guys already stealing them I'm gonna be pretty salty. Give me a mech design for every sphere Banpresto.

But then what are they going to hold hostage for when Z gets into an OG game?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ShiunTouya posted:

He probably suffers from the game being split in two. I personally liked Crow less.

But Crowe is great and Hibiki is terrible. :confused:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Samurai Sanders posted:

You'd be forgiven for thinking any of those were the case, since it would make a great deal of sense, since Z3 implements a two-man tag system and, really, SRWK is right there.

In fact, that this isn't the case is one of the most baffling things about Suzune's presence in Z3, and the Quarreling Twins arc in general: the Twins in question are not two Sphere Bearers, but two conflicting emotions within the one Bearer. In Gad, the Twins reacted to his desire for revenge and his guilt that he had already failed to save Gemini once. When Advent destabilized his emotions, which have to be in perfect balance or something, the Sphere leapt to Hibiki, who was reacting through his combination of rage and fear at the Angel.

As a corollary, yes, Suzune's only purposes are to be the girl Hibiki motivates himself by wanting to protect, sitting behind him in a swimsuit, being loyal to him, and being possessed by Irrational Hysteria for the purposes of functioning as a plot element (probably in Hibiki's ongoing Angel arc).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I seriously kept forgetting Shizune existed. Like straight up forgot she was a character. I sometimes forgot she had spells. She's just so loving boring.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ImpAtom posted:

I seriously kept forgetting Shizune existed. Like straight up forgot she was a character. I sometimes forgot she had spells. She's just so loving boring.

Suzune? You mean Accel Minion #1?

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
"Irrational hysteria" is a really funny phrase to me for some reason. Can you be hysteric in a rational manner?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wait, is that what they are calling her being a conniving villain underneath?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It's what I call it because the first time it shows up is in that free DLC mission where the website's summary was something like "Suzune suddenly expresses irrational hysteria towards Hibiki and jacks the Genion" and it turned out to be that.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ShiunTouya posted:

But then what are they going to hold hostage for when Z gets into an OG game?

I want Cobray to catch sight of a Sphere, go "we are not getting involved in that poo poo," and preemptively put a stop to the whole thing. Then Guilliam recruits Setsuko, Rand (without Mail), and Crowe anyway, because he knows they're rad.

Then everybody punches Mist Rex in his dumb face.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

And Aim Liard shows up to chew the scenery.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

But Crowe is great and Hibiki is terrible. :confused:

Crow's archetype is the most boring ever. Didn't help that Brasta was equally boring.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I also say Hibiki beats Crowe...but both are among my least favorite SRW leads overall. If only Z2-2 had actually starred Esther the whole way through.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I also say Hibiki beats Crowe...but both are among my least favorite SRW leads overall. If only Z2-2 had actually starred Esther the whole way through.

Hibiki was pretty boring but at least his mech was more varied than "Watch me do weird poo poo with a pistol, like miss twice to draw the attack animation out to a solid 2 minutes." Granted, Hibiki's gimmick was "Watch me do Jeet Kun Do for maybe 2 of my attacks, otherwise I'm going apeshit nuts with shoulder cannons."

That being said, my experience with originals is pretty much Crowe, Hibiki, Toya, and Calvina. I really need to get around to finishing OG1 and 2.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I miss Carla as a lead, from Alpha 1. And that was before I knew about the Pokemon jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOWc9jwVLXM

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Yuki and Carla are ridiculous in the Gunner frame, and if that wasn't such a poo poo combination, they would always have a spot on my endgame team with it. Because she has Assail, He has Hit and Away, He has snipe, she has Rouse, he has Drive. They turn that machine into an assault Full Impact Cannon Dead End Shoot machine.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Crowe at least is an archetype that hasn't appeared nearly as frequently in anime as Hibki. He doesn't seem like the type to be piloting a mech though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

HitTheTargets posted:

Crowe at least is an archetype that hasn't appeared nearly as frequently in anime as Hibki. He doesn't seem like the type to be piloting a mech though.
I still think Hibiki being a former hunter and not a former child soldier like all the rest makes him a bit more interesting.

I like the scene with the raffle best. He casually throws in a dimension beast tooth and everyone is like whoaaaaaa

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still think Hibiki being a former hunter and not a former child soldier like all the rest makes him a bit more interesting.

I like the scene with the raffle best. He casually throws in a dimension beast tooth and everyone is like whoaaaaaa

Is that more impressive than the necklace of Invader heads that Ryouma's surely keeping tucked away? :black101:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Crowe was pretty great in Z2.1, but he really should have just been the wise mentor figure to Esther instead of the main lead again.

ShiunTouya posted:

Didn't help that Brasta was equally boring.

I still wonder if there was a mix-up and "the Brasta is kind of a grunt unit" somehow got turned into "animate the Brasta like it is a literal enemy grunt".

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It's true that all of Crowe's best moments are in the first game, like when he jumped on the money being thrown around to save Chirico, or his bromance with Lockon.

And I like the Brasta. Punching things with your shield erry day. :colbert:

(If only the aniamtions weren't so loving long.)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Brasta was perfectly fine, it was the ridiculously long animations that were the problem, yeah.

Crowe owned a lot and had two really good themes so its weird for me to see people making GBS threads on him.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm at Stage 20 of Z2-2 (got distracted by Z3-1 and Z1 for a bit, me and my inability to focus on one game), and I can agree that Estehr should have stayed main character for part two. She was pretty fun. She's till my top Ace though!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

It's also great that Crowe couldn't keep the names straight for the life of him when he was telling Esther stories.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder what the chances are of SRWZ3-2 and subsequent games being on the PS4, or being both PS3 and PS4? If they are available on the PS4, I won't have any reason left to keep my PS3 around really, given that Z3-1 only had one ending, I am about to finish Masoukishin F, and a PS4 version of EDF is coming.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

They've always taken their sweet time changing console generations, I wouldn't count on it. Stranger things have happened though, so what the hell do I know?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ehhhh it's possible. I could see Bamco wanting to close Z on the PS3/Vita before updating to PS4 though.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Infinity Gaia posted:

They've always taken their sweet time changing console generations, I wouldn't count on it. Stranger things have happened though, so what the hell do I know?

This. They announced Z3 for PS3 after Sony announced the PS4.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

I wouldn't be too surprised if the long delay in announcing it has to do with them wanting it on PS4 in addition to the PS3/Vita versions. The pressure from Sony is probably there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, Persona 4 released on the PS2 2 years after the PS3 existed so there's been delays to new generation before.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I want it to be on Vita so I can have transfer bonuses.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want it to be on Vita so I can have transfer bonuses.

There is 0 chance it won't be on Vita, hell, there's 0 chance it won't be on PS3. PS4 on the other hand is a bit more debatable. Like it'll really matter since I'm probably buying it on Vita anyways. Hopefully it'll be out before the summer so I can have another thing to screw around on during the annual family road trip. Because ew, talking to one's family.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Phlogistic posted:

I wouldn't be too surprised if the long delay in announcing it has to do with them wanting it on PS4 in addition to the PS3/Vita versions. The pressure from Sony is probably there.

Its not really a long delay. Its been no longer than the Z2 gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

ShiunTouya posted:

I have no doubts that they'll be fighting in this part.

My goldion hammer is ready.

My most rational hope and dream for this game is we bring all the Z bands back together similar to what happened in Alpha 3 (RIP Crossbone and Brain Powerd though:(). I also hope we finally get to use all the Z protagonists together for a significant portion of time, perhaps even Asakim.

• Locked thread