Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Hard to believe your friends do horrible poo poo. For example, I still refuse to believe my best friend liked that Grown Ups 2.

I would rather be friends with an accused rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

To counter, her life is hosed regardless as well. If Heath is convicted, the fans who are unwilling to believe that a celebrity could ever commit a heinous crime will harass her relentlessly for taking away their precious wrestleman. If he walks, she will be branded as a gold digger who lied and tried to ruin a man's life for money.

I want to meet the person who is so into Heath Slater that they'd harass a woman who accused him of this. I want to meet him so I can ask him how he fell so far in life.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

I want to meet the person who is so into Heath Slater that they'd harass a woman who accused him of this. I want to meet him so I can ask him how he fell so far in life.

He's the next Shawn Michaels.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

If this were true he wouldn't have had to rape anyone, because he'd have women throwing themselves at him 24/7 :colbert:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRafTer posted:

He's just a sexy crime boy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

MassRafTer posted:

Well, the person harassing her and Shawn Michaels' hat would have something in common...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah the thing with any manner of sex crime is that even if someone is unequivocally proven innocent, it really fucks their life up bad. Now, the number of false accusations is a fraction of a fraction of a percent (especially when you consider unreported cases), but it DOES happen. Hell, even in high profile cases it happens. Look up the NBA's Chris Andersen. That dude 100% didn't do anything wrong (he slept with a younger girl which is kinda creepy I guess but she was able to and did legally consent and then a bunch of hosed up poo poo with a third party happened) and by accounts of the article that was done about it, the false accusations basically made him a recluse.

That said I definitely lean towards "Heath did it and is a shithead, good on the lady for finally coming forward". But saying "his life is hosed even in the miniscule chance he's innocent and that kinda sucks too" is not that nuts of a statement IMO.

EDIT: I also acknowledge there are false acquittals, by the way.

It's a weird situation because if true, he did assault her, but the implication everyone's going with is that his intent was sexual assault. That isn't going to do the plaintiff's side any favors in the courtroom because it's harder to prove years after the fact than assault and battery, much less if it were actual sexual assault. I'd rather people were pissed off at Slater for pulling some Ray Rice poo poo instead of calling him a rapist, because while that was likely the intent, it's pretty much irrelevant in court. Focus on the crime he actually did rather than speculate on a crime people think he was going to do, and there might actually be a conviction. I take rape accusations as seriously as a heart attack but unless she's outright accusing him of sexual assault, the violent abuse is what people should be focusing on. The dude dragged a woman in a chokehold. That's hosed up on its own. People are making it about a thing he might have almost but apparently didn't do.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Heath Slater tried to rape the lady, because he's a bad person. That's all.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I blame Titus. First he made Darren Young Gay and now this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Didn't HBK once rape a flight attendant or am I mixing up stories there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if a guy is dragging a woman up to his hotel room i dont think he's going to play mario kart double dash with her when he gets there

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Endorph posted:

if a guy is dragging a woman up to his hotel room i dont think he's going to play mario kart double dash with her when he gets there

He just wants to talk about ethics in video game journalism.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

#SlaterGate

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Onmi posted:

Yup, sex crime ruins everyones lives, so the best answer is that no one should commit sex crimes... also other types of crime.

I dunno, some crime is pretty cool, like underage drinking and smoking.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dexo posted:

and taking the tag off of mattresses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite crime is Tyrannicide

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Dexo posted:

try this, kids at home!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I wish there were some sort of stable of positive happy black guys who dress in baby blue and smile and dance and clap to non-threatening hip hop in the WWE to distract me from all the terrible stuff going on in America today like biased grand jury proceedings, inherently racist policing policies, and #GatorGate.
:smith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man, I was going to make a Cryme Tyme joke, but then I just got real loving depressed at just how goddamn racist that whole gimmick was...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dexo posted:

Man, I was going to make a Cryme Tyme joke, but then I just got real loving depressed at just how goddamn racist that whole gimmick was...

I cheered when they beat up white people.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Racist.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I liked when cryme tyme broke up and had a strap match and it was really uncomfortable and also really bad

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I enjoyed their "revving the motorcycle" dance.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

Did someone intervene? Did she overpower him and get away? Did he change his mind? What stopped it from happening? Because those are actually important to to know.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If she was fighting, its entirely possible he couldn't handle her. He's only one man

band

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sticklefifer posted:

Did someone intervene? Did she overpower him and get away? Did he change his mind? What stopped it from happening? Because those are actually important to to know.

No one really knows anything beyond the initial reports of the warrant issued. Since its going to 3+ year old case by the time it hits the courts, its going to be extremely messy.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/woman-claims-wwe-wrestler-assaulted-choked-her/nDKfj/

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oldpainless posted:

If she was fighting, its entirely possible he couldn't handle her. He's only one man
band

not anymore

one man, banned

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The picture they used of slater on the news site I clicked was him in a Corre shirt, an obvious attempt to slander him imo

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WWEDocAmann/status/541062033983414275

Not so much for his tweet, but for the hundreds of responses suggesting use of a z-pack.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So that's a shoot doctor with a worked Twitter? Okay...

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

So that's a shoot doctor with a worked Twitter? Okay...

Yeah, no separation of church and state issues here. :rolleyes:

Edit: When I heard he rides with Ziggler's crew, I was gobsmacked. A doctor getting that chummy with his patients is questionable.

waffle iron fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 6, 2014

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

waffle iron posted:

Edit: When I heard he rides with Ziggler's crew, I was gobsmacked. A doctor getting that chummy with his patients is questionable.

And he sounded so professional, otherwise

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

waffle iron posted:

Do the medical staff that work for other pro sports go out of their way to not get friendly with those players? I mean, when your work with them every day and travel around with them, isn't it natural to get kind of chummy?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
My best friend of 22 years is my doctor and now I feel he is too chummy with me and I can no longer trust him

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Surprised he's still employed tbh after punk's podcast

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MotU posted:

My best friend of 22 years is my doctor and now I feel he is too chummy with me and I can no longer trust him

Doctors Without Buddies.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/541299920238813186

Please vote, guys.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Thanks for reminding me to vote for Ryback, Zack

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sanguinia posted:

Do the medical staff that work for other pro sports go out of their way to not get friendly with those players? I mean, when your work with them every day and travel around with them, isn't it natural to get kind of chummy?

It's natural but also unethical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

It's about ethics in sports medicine.