Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Probably an Australian fan. Crime is all they know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Newey got pissed that vettle got credit for 4 WDCs and stole his poo poo

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Cojawfee posted:

Probably an Australian fan. Crime is all they know.

Police are looking for a tall Australian man with a skull for a face.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Are those trophies actually made of silver and gold? I assumed they got stolen to melt down for the metals.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Funzo posted:

Are those trophies actually made of silver and gold?

lol no

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Justice has been restored to the universe.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Does this mean all the victories and therefore, all the fraudulent championships are revoked?

:woop: :slick: :woop: :slick: :woop:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Clarence posted:

The BBC are reporting that Red Bull have been broken into and 60 trophies stolen.

They're also reporting that Vettel cased the joint visited last week before moving to Ferrari.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Maybe they shouldn't have put their trophy case at the front door.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

keevo posted:

Maybe they shouldn't have put their trophy case at the front door.

Its hard to really value something you didn't earn enough to do that.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Brutish Bastards Burgle the Bull

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This is amazing. I think we should all recognize out loud that 2014 has been the most amazing season anyone could possibly have hoped for. Aside from an obvious person winning it anyway. This is absolute poetry.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

George Zimmer posted:

Brutish Bastards Burgle the Bull

Is it burglary to repossess something already stolen?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This is amazing. I think we should all recognize out loud that 2014 has been the most amazing season anyone could possibly have hoped for. Aside from an obvious person winning it anyway. This is absolute poetry.

As usual the action between races is more interesting than anything that happens on track.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I'm going to keep an eye on eBay for a sweet WDC trophy. Would look great next to my Star Wars commemorative plates and ceramic butterflies.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

It was Vettel, wasn't it?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

No, it was Webber.
"But he's in a hospital after crashing his car again!" I hear you say...

the perfect crime...

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Good thing Red Bull aren't based in the US or Hamilton would be the first suspect

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Linedance posted:

No, it was Webber.
"But he's in a hospital after crashing his car again!" I hear you say...

the perfect crime...

Mark has a twin, Jeb. Mark would let him drive the occasional GP.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

Good thing Red Bull aren't based in the US or Hamilton would be the first suspect

http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10785000_1507511609518242_1583336078_n.jpg

Hmmmm

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

It must be nearly impossible to sell those trophies. I really hope those bandits stole them just to dump them into the sea.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

poopzilla posted:

It must be nearly impossible to sell those trophies. I really hope those bandits stole them just to dump them into the sea.

What's the market for such a thing? For the precious metals or what direction are they going with it?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

What's the market for such a thing? For the precious metals or what direction are they going with it?

It's England, stealing poo poo is like the national pastime over there.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
There's a guy over on reddit (hurrhurr what a poo poo site hurr) that's put English subtitles over a Spanish documentary about Nando's last race with Ferrari. It's narrated by Fernando himself so here's a link if anyone's interested.

e: it's a two part documentary, only the first part has been subtitled so far.

Having just watched it, I found it really enjoyable but very bittersweet. Hearing about all of Alonso's insecurities, and how introspective he is juxtaposed by the glitzy, flashy lights of Addis Ababa. There's also a nice moment towards the end where he says he gets to "just be himself" while having dinner with his friends.

Also, Fernando has a silky smooth speaking voice.

aequalis fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 7, 2014

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

According to the Autosport article, Red Bull says they are replicas that were on display, so they aren't worth poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I really miss Alonso winning things.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

priznat posted:

Mark has a twin, Jeb. Mark would let him drive the occasional GP.

If only Mark had let him drive all of them.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

poopzilla posted:

Impossible maybe in the first world but they will have no problem selling them in the Middle East, China, etc.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

dandaman posted:

According to the Autosport article, Red Bull says they are replicas that were on display, so they aren't worth poo poo.

So they're lying and those were the real ones.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

aequalis posted:

There's a guy over on reddit (hurrhurr what a poo poo site hurr) that's put English subtitles over a Spanish documentary about Nando's last race with Ferrari. It's narrated by Fernando himself so here's a link if anyone's interested.

e: it's a two part documentary, only the first part has been subtitled so far.

Having just watched it, I found it really enjoyable but very bittersweet. Hearing about all of Alonso's insecurities, and how introspective he is juxtaposed by the glitzy, flashy lights of Addis Ababa. There's also a nice moment towards the end where he says he gets to "just be himself" while having dinner with his friends.

Also, Fernando has a silky smooth speaking voice.

This documentary owned really hard and I can't wait for part 2.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

keevo posted:

So they're lying and those were the real ones.

Yeah the replicas and the "real" ones are the same thing anyway, only difference is that one was handed on the podium and one wasn't.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do they clean the trophies when they store them? The only thing that makes a trophy "real" is if it has the fingerprints and champagne from the podium all over it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it's p funny that nico is like eight times better than keke but will never win a title

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
From that police report:

quote:

Two cars were involved in the burglary. A silver 4x4 which was used to drive through the entrance and a further dark coloured, black or dark blue Mercedes estate car.

Lock Hamilton and Rosberg up and throw away the key, imo.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Gets better as Mercedes held their Christmas party at the hotel/venue attached the Milton Keynes dons stadium tonight. I wonder if they had a grab the 60 trophies we mysteriously found party game.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Nico unsuccessfully tried to steal 2014 with a smash and grab, so he turned to doing so with 2013 etc..

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Send Nico to the gas chambers. Vettel too.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

gret posted:

Send Nico to the gas chambers. Vettel too.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

I really miss Alonso winning things.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

• Locked thread