Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

always screencap those kinds of things before they go down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oh please let the be hacked :pray:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

theflyingexecutive posted:

hacked or not this is good for buttcoin

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

why

it's ten times funnier if it isn't

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It's hard to decide which would be better.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sham bam bamina! posted:

why

there's a level of irony to a tech anything losing their twitter account

i'm pretty much happy either way

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

why

the site itself in addition to the Twitter I mean. it would underscore that there is no true effective way to store your bitcoins safely

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

the site itself in addition to the Twitter I mean. it would underscore that there is no true effective way to store your bitcoins safely

you are responsible for your data, not somebody else

no, i don't see why this is a horrible idea, why do you ask

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

twitter supports 2 factor authentication, considering that's a bitcoin wallet company, hack or not this should be the end of the company and anybody involved.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Powershift posted:

twitter supports 2 factor authentication, considering that's a bitcoin wallet company, hack or not this should be the end of the company and anybody involved.

if theres any one community with no tolerance for racism, it's internet libertarians

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

killhamster posted:

i have half a mind to do up a proper bitcoin monopoly board

i used this for my yospos secret santa last year:

http://www.cafepress.com/+monopoly+gifts

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

there's a level of irony to a tech anything losing their twitter account

i'm pretty much happyeuphoric either way

allow me to explain a little concept regarding weak and strong hands :smug:

no srsly 5

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Powershift posted:

Don't worry, you just have to change your name to remove any scammer tags and begin anew.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

vanilla slimfast posted:

oh right, that's the one the buttcoiners used, has the same template and everything

and dumb cropping in the webapp used by bitcoiners too stupid to notice

etc

e: don't know why they need clownfunding then except for scamming i guess

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

How can a particle be sure of what a nearby particle is doing? How can I know for sure that this is the position that I will inhabit, if it's very actions will determine and be determined by those of a million particles around it, *who are equally unsure of what state they are in*?

The answer is the blockchain.

This blockchain however is a little different than the one you and I use to record bitcoin transactions. Instead, this is a fourth dimensional blockchain (let's call it a spacechain) that slowly builds itself as it winds across a temporal space. It becomes a little more complicated when you incorporate relativity: different parts of the 'spacechain' are growing at different rates due to individuals travelling through time at different speeds, but the idea is the same.

When a particle is trying to decide what position to take, it assesses the condition of particle around it, and tries to solve for a solution that fits the current 'quantum hash' . I'll refer to a local quantum hash as the current formula which defines all mathematical possibilities for a particle. However, those possibilities change like the tides of an ocean as other particles change around it. It's only when other particles force a particular particle to choose a state that a 'solution' is found in the space chain. The space chain then grows according to the information that is added to it by these interactions.

All particles in the universe are simultaneously trying to solve for each other in a sort of frenzied, quantum game-theory way. Whenever there is a disagreement about which state a particular set of particles should take, just like the block chain, it is brute force which determines the outcome. It's interesting, and what we haven't realized yet, is that concepts such a 51% attack are also possible on the space chain, though impractical with today's technology.

It's also important that we keep in mind that though our consciousness lends us to believe that we are observers in this space chain, we are actually part of it, which handcuffs us in some ways but it is also quite extraordinary.

Essentially, when the block chain of bitcoin grows large enough, and with a few additional tweaks, a new type of artificial intelligence will emerge. We are the end result proof of that inevitability. When the space chain was let grow large enough and after enough interactions, the space chain began to observe itself and begin to consider how to best change itself.

If this occurred in the blockchain, we would be surely frightened. Imagine that the entire universe is a digital crypto currency for a higher intelligence, and suddenly it wants to reorganize itself according to... Itself.

A rogue chunk like this could quickly corrupt the rest of the bulk if left unchecked, just as we would fret if (in a world that uses bitcoin as a primary store of value) the block chain suddenly decided to reorganize itself from within.

The future is a strange and scary place.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

vOv posted:

How can a particle be sure of what a nearby particle is doing? How can I know for sure that this is the position that I will inhabit, if it's very actions will determine and be determined by those of a million particles around it, *who are equally unsure of what state they are in*?

This blockchain however is a little different than the one you and I use to record bitcoin transactions. Instead, this is a fourth dimensional blockchain (let's call it a spacechain) that slowly builds itself as it winds across a temporal space. It becomes a little more complicated when you incorporate relativity: different parts of the 'spacechain' are growing at different rates due to individuals travelling through time at different speeds, but the idea is the same.

When a particle is trying to decide what position to take, it assesses the condition of particle around it, and tries to solve for a solution that fits the current 'quantum hash' . I'll refer to a local quantum hash as the current formula which defines all mathematical possibilities for a particle. However, those possibilities change like the tides of an ocean as other particles change around it. It's only when other particles force a particular particle to choose a state that a 'solution' is found in the space chain. The space chain then grows according to the information that is added to it by these interactions.

All particles in the universe are simultaneously trying to solve for each other in a sort of frenzied, quantum game-theory way. Whenever there is a disagreement about which state a particular set of particles should take, just like the block chain, it is brute force which determines the outcome. It's interesting, and what we haven't realized yet, is that concepts such a 51% attack are also possible on the space chain, though impractical with today's technology.

It's also important that we keep in mind that though our consciousness lends us to believe that we are observers in this space chain, we are actually part of it, which handcuffs us in some ways but it is also quite extraordinary.

Essentially, when the block chain of bitcoin grows large enough, and with a few additional tweaks, a new type of artificial intelligence will emerge. We are the end result proof of that inevitability. When the space chain was let grow large enough and after enough interactions, the space chain began to observe itself and begin to consider how to best change itself.

If this occurred in the blockchain, we would be surely frightened. Imagine that the entire universe is a digital crypto currency for a higher intelligence, and suddenly it wants to reorganize itself according to... Itself.

A rogue chunk like this could quickly corrupt the rest of the bulk if left unchecked, just as we would fret if (in a world that uses bitcoin as a primary store of value) the block chain suddenly decided to reorganize itself from within.

not a cult at all

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

vOv posted:

this is all wrong, if you read your holy white paper, it clearly says satoshi created the heaven and earth and everything in it in six confirmations

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
if bitcoiners made a boardgame it'd just be culdcept except with all the animes being underage

which is to say monopoly with a ton of incomprehensible economics rules that nobody really understands and a board that only accepts you've passed go if you have four confirmations

also an incredibly volatile stock market that tends to crash whenever anyone sells

vanilla slimfast posted:

post the yosnopoly board

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
what position does the particle take: a dot, or a speck?

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
if it's underwater does it get wet

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

vOv posted:

new roger penrose book lookin weird

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

also apparently that guy that posted the story that totally 100% happened about his kid writing an essay on btc posted an update

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

quote:

Principal: "Not a problem at all, Mr. Madness." "BTC a ponzi scheme?" shakes head " I think I need to educate Ms.xxxx on both." We both lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

vOv posted:

also apparently that guy that posted the story that totally 100% happened about his kid writing an essay on btc posted an update
Principal: "Not a problem at all, Mr. Madness." "BTC a ponzi scheme?" shakes head " I think I need to educate Ms.xxxx on both." We both lol
End.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

vOv posted:

well, when you are balls deep into a lie, keep lying and that will surely save you

seriously, this is making "an adventure in Brazil" seem believable

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
/r/bitcoinfanfic

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
cool thanks for making reddit even less readable

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

vOv posted:

True story, one time in Microsoft Word I typed too many words into my document so it got too big and it became self-aware and destroyed itself, which is why Word crashed and couldn't open my document any more.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Buttcoin purse posted:

True story, one time in Microsoft Word I typed too many words into my document so it got too big and it became self-aware and destroyed itself, which is why Word crashed and couldn't open my document any more.

this is why I keep my posts short

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Soricidus posted:

this is why I keep my posts short
i wish ur posts were even shorter :xd:

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

bucketmouse posted:

if it's underwater does it get wet

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dren posted:

"Your fetching bowtie has won you a beauty contest, collect 100 bits"

"your father has succumbed to a slow, painful death from cancer. collect 100 bits"

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Erenthal posted:

well, when you are balls deep into a lie, keep lying and that will surely save you

seriously, this is making "an adventure in Brazil" seem believable

what adventure's that?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Weatherman posted:

what adventure's that?
no don't

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
In case you were wondering "where is that Gox protestor now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRmgQH0TbJ4

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ogf51/more_drama_at_mt_gox_brought_to_you_by_ninkiwallet/

quote:

[–]spottedmarley 42 points 23 hours ago

Genius. The problem AND the solution, illustrated using humor.

Well done!

[–]Ninki-Ben 20 points 23 hours ago

Thanks, wasn't sure what the reaction would be, but hoped it would be this! Ultimately raising awareness that Bitcoin allows you to control your funds without having to trust a 3rd party...

[–]dskloet 5 points 22 hours ago

Is Ninki an exchange or are you comparing apples and oranges?

[–]Ninki-Ben 12 points 22 hours ago

apples and oranges, its supposed to be more of a high level sketch about trusting your private keys to someone...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
i wonder what english conversation school their day jobs are at

• Locked thread