Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

This didn't happen.

But Somber had a night action, possibly a cop investigation.

OR

Somber is scum who is trying to breadcrumb being a cop? Maybe?

What is the purpose of what you're doing? Right now it seems like you're just trying to out a power role.

Which, I guess I don't think you'd be so obvious about as scum. ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Jedit posted:

Mafia edit: I don't know why we're bothering to discuss if there's a Cop, because it's pointless having a Miller if there isn't a Cop.

Well now I just feel like a dipshit.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi i'm here

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

my strongest read so far is that epsilon's reaction to my voting for him yesterday was weird. i don't know if it's scummy weird, but responding "ouch" to a vote pings me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

capps, why do you keep voting jedit? Your first vote on him was weird and not justified, and your second vote on him is you saying you have an investigation result, but then backtracking.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You all need to post more tia

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina posted:

You all need to post more tia

I think I've proven I'm literally too stupid to post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

my strongest read so far is that epsilon's reaction to my voting for him yesterday was weird. i don't know if it's scummy weird, but responding "ouch" to a vote pings me

Whatever he was trying to do seems like out of the ordinary scum behavior. Why go about that unless you have a point?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

I think I've proven I'm literally too stupid to post.

same

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Reminder the deadline is 10pm tonight and I hate you all.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Whatever he was trying to do seems like out of the ordinary scum behavior. Why go about that unless you have a point?

idk what this post means

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

idk what this post means

Like he softclaimed some power role and then immediately retracted whatever he was going to say when Jedit pointed out his questions were silly.

Why do that as scum?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Like he softclaimed some power role and then immediately retracted whatever he was going to say when Jedit pointed out his questions were silly.

Why do that as scum?

Are we talking about the same thing? I don't see where Epsilon did that

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are we talking about the same thing? I don't see where Epsilon did that

I think Somber is thinking of this post:

Epsilon Plus posted:

We've had a doctor and miller so far. What do you think the odds are on a cop, Somber?

That's not a soft claim, though, it was a fish on his part.

I'm OK with a no lynch today - it'll get us an extra Cop investigation - but if we lynch anyone it should be Epsilon. Here's what we know:

1) The Cop is Town.

2) Capps is Town but not the Cop.

3) Epsilon is not the Cop.

I am also not the Cop. From my position, that gives me a group of four people - Allan, Epsilon, Pin Mom and Somber - which must contain two scum and the Cop. As Epsilon is not the Cop, there is a two in three chance that he is scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This is what I'm referencing.

Epsilon Plus posted:

This didn't happen.

But Somber had a night action, possibly a cop investigation.

OR

Somber is scum who is trying to breadcrumb being a cop? Maybe?

Jedit, why would you say that you're not the cop? You could have just said "And I know I'm not scum" and accomplished the same thing.

A no-lynch is unfortunately the right move today. If we were wrong on a lynch today, we'd lose. Putting it off to tomorrow gives us better odds.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

This is what I'm referencing.

Oh, you thought he was soft claiming Tracker or Watcher. I read it as him advancing two possibilities: that you either had a night action, or were soft claiming one yourself. Heck, you even said yourself that he was fishing with that post - which makes me wonder why you used it as a reason to unvote him when you previously liked the case against him.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm rereading this over my lunch. This day ends at a pretty bad time for me. God I hate my work schedule.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm rereading this over my lunch. This day ends at a pretty bad time for me. God I hate my work schedule.

It doesn't matter much. No-lynching today is the best option. Right now if we guess wrong, the game is over. If we no-lynch, we have marginally better odds and possible night action info.

##vote No-Lynch

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I guess you're right. That early vig made a mess.

##vote no lynch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Or we can kill Jedit who is scum.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Lynch No One! (2): Somberbrero, Epsilon Plus
Jedit (1): mr.capps
Epsilon Plus (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (3): Allen Wren, Jedit, Pinterest Mom

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 05th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 1 minute.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE DEADLINE!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah. I'm bad at mafia, but I'm okay with playing the numbers. No vote. Hold steady.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh woah, you can actually vote no vote. Votefinder, you are magical

##vote no lynch

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote No Lynch

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Does it count as a red hammer if there's no hammer?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think Lynch No One! is hammered!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Apparently it does!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You continue running through the store at top speed. This must be the biggest store known to man. You turn down an aisle as a shortcut and see...nothing. There's nobody or nothing interesting there.

So you just keep running I guess.

It is now N2. Actions by tomorrow 8pm at the latest.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You pass the rear checkout counters. Someone is already there. Actually you think someone is there because all you can see is a giant box with legs stick out behind it. Someone is buying the biggest TV you have ever seen. The person goes through the cash, the TV box perched atop of a cart, since side of it could fit inside the cart. You see the poor man trying desperately to wheel his massive purchase towards his tiny car.

God speed, you ambitious bastard.

Somberbrero, A TV you bought that you have no idea how you are getting it home, town-aligned cop, was purchased N2.

It is now D3. Deadline will be Monday, 1PM EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (5): Allen Wren, Epsilon Plus, Jedit, mr.capps, Pinterest Mom

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 08th, 2014 at 1 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE DEADLINE!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
well that was expected

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

My bad. gently caress.

It's Jedit or Allen IMO.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

aaaaaaaaaaaugh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It doesn't look like somber breadcrumbed any result on D2, which is frustrating. I guess we know he didn't investigate Epsilon, but that's it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

My bad. gently caress.

It's Jedit or Allen IMO.

With capps [practically] confirmed town [barring a hilarious one-man vig scum team], this means, what, you feel i'm town? I think that's an odd opinion to have given my output in the game so far.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

It doesn't look like somber breadcrumbed any result on D2, which is frustrating. I guess we know he didn't investigate Epsilon, but that's it.

Except we wouldn't know Somber didn't investigate Epsilon if Epsilon is Town and chose not to reveal. To say this you must know Epsilon is scum - which means you're his scumbro - or you want to imply that he's scum for a mislynch, which means you're scum.

##vote Pin Mom

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mafia edit: I meant that Somber chose not to reveal.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Did you read Somber's posts day 2 at all? He seems genuinely uncertain whether or not Epsilon is scum. I read that as confirmation that he didn't investigate him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Did you read Somber's posts day 2 at all? He seems genuinely uncertain whether or not Epsilon is scum. I read that as confirmation that he didn't investigate him.

I don't know about uncertain - he unvoted Epsilon after agreeing with Hiipfire's case. He wouldn't have done that if he'd investigated Epsilon and found scum. He might have voted someone he investigated as Town to make the scum think someone else was the Cop, but that's adding variables.

I will ##unvote for the moment because if you're not scum then it must be Allen and Epsilon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jedit posted:

Except we wouldn't know Somber didn't investigate Epsilon if Epsilon is Town and chose not to reveal. To say this you must know Epsilon is scum - which means you're his scumbro - or you want to imply that he's scum for a mislynch, which means you're scum.

##vote Pin Mom

Pinterest Mom posted:

Jedit posted:

I don't know about uncertain - he unvoted Epsilon after agreeing with Hiipfire's case. He wouldn't have done that if he'd investigated Epsilon and found scum. He might have voted someone he investigated as Town to make the scum think someone else was the Cop, but that's adding variables.

I will ##unvote for the moment because if you're not scum then it must be Allen and Epsilon.

This is incredibly unnatural

• Locked thread