Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

i'm really confused as to why this has a very young photo of old mate from neighbours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

i'm really confused as to why this has a very young photo of old mate from neighbours

Is "old mate" auto-correct for "Toadfish"?

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

Is "old mate" auto-correct for "Toadfish"?

nope - my standard way of reffering to someone i cannot remember the name of. Toadfish, what a legend.

Have they arrested hamilton for stealing the trophies yet?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Have they arrested hamilton for stealing the trophies yet?

British police cannot make arrests on Sunday as it's the Queen's day of rest.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If he didn't steal it, though, and he happened to be from Brazil, they could shoot him whenever they liked, right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Imagine if he was from Argentina.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Is there a comprehensive list of the changes for next year?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lewis Hamilton is probably the greatest African American hero since Martin Luther X.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I'd say greatest since the original Martin Luther even.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. #blessed

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Hamilton is so good I think several of the posters in this thread are having their views on the obvious superiority of white people challenged.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Lewis is half-white.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Riso posted:

Lewis is half-white.

Thats a glass half full if ever I saw one...

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Spaced God posted:

Is there a comprehensive list of the changes for next year?

Sorry to break up the Good Posts, but Wikipedia is pretty good with keeping up with the changes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Formula_One_season

Some of these rules sound weird, such as the one about lapped cars in front of the safety car. I also thought the radio rule was dropped.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The best thing about the wiki page for the 2015 season is the massive slapfight about whether there should be a German flag next to the entry for the German grand prix

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:2015_Formula_One_season#German_Flag_for_German_GP

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
It took me way too long to realize that edit-warring is about an edit war and isn't an edit warning. You'd think those uptight assholes would find a grammatically correct phrase instead of "edit-warring."

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

keevo posted:

Sorry to break up the Good Posts, but Wikipedia is pretty good with keeping up with the changes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Formula_One_season

Some of these rules sound weird, such as the one about lapped cars in front of the safety car. I also thought the radio rule was dropped.

Radio rule got loosened for 2014 because some teams had steering wheels that couldn't show as much telemetry, so it'd give an advantage to the teams that had bigger screens. This year expect all the teams to be running wheels with the big Merc/Ferrari type screens.

The lapped cars one is a good thing. Instead of having to make it all the way around to the end of the pack behind the safety car (which is part of why safety cars take so long), they can just get some distance up the track ahead. So hopefully they won't be in the way at the restart, and then everyone can just pass them.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Party Boat posted:

The best thing about the wiki page for the 2015 season is the massive slapfight about whether there should be a German flag next to the entry for the German grand prix

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:2015_Formula_One_season#German_Flag_for_German_GP

loving hell I think that really is the worst thread

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

JFairfax posted:

Tsaedje & pik_d honeypot

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Tsaedje & pik_d honeypot

I have never edited a wikipedia article in my life and resent the implication

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

JFairfax posted:

Thought I'd read it in my lunch break for a laugh. Jesus H Christ that goes on for a lot longer than I expected. I did not realise people give that much of a poo poo about Wikipedia

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Riso posted:

Lewis is half-white.

.5 rounds up :colbert:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I want the guy from Regular Car Reviews to hack into Vettel's race radio.

"Guys my KERS is acting weird"

"MY CAT HAS TWO VAGINAS"

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

dev null posted:

.5 rounds up :colbert:

Only when we want it to. Just like Scottish drivers can become British drivers as soon as they start to do well, because they're .5 British and .5 Jock

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just heard about the Red Bull trophy theft. It's amazing that they managed to get away with it for four straight years.

Yes, this joke would have been better if I were paying closer to F1 last week but what are you going to do about it?

Juuu
Sep 3, 2007
Wasn't me.

Mimetic posted:

The lapped cars one is a good thing. Instead of having to make it all the way around to the end of the pack behind the safety car (which is part of why safety cars take so long), they can just get some distance up the track ahead. So hopefully they won't be in the way at the restart, and then everyone can just pass them.

Sounds like the lapped cars are effectively racing each other as soon as they get permission to pass the safety car. Of course the track should be safe already at that point, but they have a great incentive to pass the safety car (and other cars behind it) as fast as possible at that point.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

skooma512 posted:

I want the guy from Regular Car Reviews to hack into Vettel's race radio.

"Guys my KERS is acting weird"

"MY CAT HAS TWO VAGINAS"

What's your avatar from? Thank you.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mimetic posted:

Radio rule got loosened for 2014 because some teams had steering wheels that couldn't show as much telemetry, so it'd give an advantage to the teams that had bigger screens. This year expect all the teams to be running wheels with the big Merc/Ferrari type screens.

So at that point, why not leave them the gently caress where they are.

Hopefully the VSC will mean many fewer safety car periods though.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Because instead of position fights at the restart we'd have Lewis having a daring pass on Chilton to chase down Rosberg in front.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

nsaP posted:

Because instead of position fights at the restart we'd have Lewis having a daring pass on Chilton to chase down Rosberg in front.

Yes? Rosberg already had to pass him, why should Lewis get a free ride?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dudley posted:

Yes? Rosberg already had to pass him

I thought we were talking about stuff that could happen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

thegasman2000 posted:

Thats a glass half full if ever I saw one...

I'd say most people who argue that point think the glass is completely full so long as there's one drop in it.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
How exactly do they measure engine development? I'm not at all sure how the authorities can tell it's been reduced by 50% for example.

Apologies for the serious question!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

monkeytennis posted:

How exactly do they measure engine development? I'm not at all sure how the authorities can tell it's been reduced by 50% for example.

Apologies for the serious question!

There is a points system with each part of the engine being given a certain amount of points and a maximum amount of points you can submit for change. Engine manufacturers submit their spec engine to the FIA so obviously the one from last year is compared to this year to see the amount of parts changed.

There are pretty strict restrictions on the engine already so its reasonable to assume there is some investigation beyond just looking at parts side by side.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Party Boat posted:

i used to think i knew a lot about melting down. now i'm not so sure. back to the drawing board.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
pound for pound wikisperg beats them all

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I find it amazing that either side has enough enthusiasm on whether a little 23x12 image should be displayed to defend it so vigorously despite it having no loving effect on anyone's life.

They should be the ones to decide the 2nd McLaren driver.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's just so utterly unimportant that I can't comprehend the mindset where you have an online slapfight about it.
I personally agree with the guy who thinks there should be a flag, but if I was in his shoes I'd just roll my eyes at the first revert and go do something actually interesting.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

It's just so utterly unimportant that I can't comprehend the mindset where you have an online slapfight about it.
I personally agree with the guy who thinks there should be a flag, but if I was in his shoes I'd just roll my eyes at the first revert and go do something actually interesting.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

i do admire the fact that a bunch of adult children sat in their basements and voted on rules for an internet encyclopedia and now those rules are law and they defend them with that much tenacity. i've never cared about anything so much.

• Locked thread