Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

It's just so utterly unimportant that I can't comprehend the mindset where you have an online slapfight about it.
I personally agree with the guy who thinks there should be a flag, but if I was in his shoes I'd just roll my eyes at the first revert and go do something actually interesting.

This but there shouldn't be one ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

None of you are considering that one of those people arguing might be Bernie Ecclestone who knows for a fact where the German GP is being held but can't cite it for legal reasons.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The German Grand Prix of Kuwait presented by Red Bull

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

NtotheTC posted:

None of you are considering that one of those people arguing might be Bernie Ecclestone who knows for a fact where the German GP is being held but can't cite it for legal reasons.

If one of them was Bernie, he couldn't post it because it would count as "original research".

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

This but there shouldn't be one ;)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i'm thinking back to all the great arguments hefe and i have had but i don't think any were flag-related

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The current German flag looks stupid anyway. Here is a picture of Ayrton Senna;

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 8, 2014

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

The current German flag looks stupid anyway.

Yeah back in the day the German flag used to stand for something.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Extra posted:

What's your avatar from? Thank you.

The music video for Hotel Detective by They Might be Giants

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

The current German flag looks stupid anyway. Here is a picture of Ayrton Senna;

In an IndyCar!

It's weird...had he made the move in 1993 (like what Emmo was pushing him to do?) The 1993 Indy 500 would have had Mario, Senna, Piquet, Mansell and Emmo all on the grid.

TEN World Driving Championsips between those 5.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

In an IndyCar!

It's weird...had he made the move in 1993 (like what Emmo was pushing him to do?) The 1993 Indy 500 would have had Mario, Senna, Piquet, Mansell and Emmo all on the grid.

i was going to say he'd probably be alive but no he'd definitely be dead still

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Hamilton posted:

I have always wanted to emulate Ayrton

I hope he doesn't take that too literally.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I hope he doesn't take that too literally.

I hope he does otherwise 2015 is going to be boring.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

They should be the ones to decide the 2nd McLaren driver.
But they'd never make a decision.

Oh, wait a minute...

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

1500quidporsche posted:

I hope he does otherwise 2015 is going to be boring.

Unlike 2013 and 2014 which were loving amazing seasons.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
2014 was pretty good, mate

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they moved the German Grand Prix to Poland...

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

go3 posted:

The German Grand Prix of Kuwait presented by Red Bull
Better to have it at a German track than another new dreary desert Tilkedrome.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

RALF posted:

Maybe they moved the German Grand Prix to Poland...

But how do we know Germany won't reannex Poland? We should remove the polish flag from any article showing an event taking place in Poland until we know Germany won't annex them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FuzzySkinner posted:

In an IndyCar!

Senna would have stomped them I reckon. Badly

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

button re-signing with mclaren and beating alonso to the title would be the best thing ever c/d

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hate McLaren but Button deserves a better end to his career than the horrible 2013/2014 McLarens.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

be nice wicka posted:

button re-signing with mclaren and beating alonso to the title would be the best thing ever c/d

C

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

part of me thinks mclaren are genuinely concerned button could beat alonso and just don't want to deal with that

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

fernando "permanently rustled jimmies" alonso

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Alain Post posted:

I hate McLaren but Button deserves a better end to his career than the horrible 2013/2014 McLarens.

McLaren just couldn't cope without Lewis there to help develop the car throughout the season.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gret posted:

McLaren just couldn't cope without Lewis there to help develop the car throughout the season.

funniest post ever

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

be nice wicka posted:

part of me thinks mclaren are genuinely concerned button could beat alonso and just don't want to deal with that

Haha, no.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah back in the day the German flag used to stand for something.
Back in those days they dominated GP racing too. The good old days.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
to be fair, wasnt the european GP aannounced to not be in europe soon?

be nice wicka posted:

i'm thinking back to all the great arguments hefe and i have had but i don't think any were flag-related

2014 was entirely a flag-related battle all year

EDIT: oops didnt see the l in flag

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
In the wiki spergs defense, they're wiki spergs and that's the wiki rule. If the race isn't confirmed at a venue, no flag for the location of the venue.

I wonder if we could remove Korea if we got some citations saying they hadn't done poo poo to get the race back and it's just a ploy to allow 5 engines in the season.

ed: Just checked, Korea is TBA too but now they both have flags. Oh god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Formula_One_season

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

nsaP posted:

In the wiki spergs defense, they're wiki spergs and that's the wiki rule. If the race isn't confirmed at a venue, no flag for the location of the venue.

I wonder if we could remove Korea if we got some citations saying they hadn't done poo poo to get the race back and it's just a ploy to allow 5 engines in the season.

ed: Just checked, Korea is TBA too but now they both have flags. Oh god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Formula_One_season

lol someone itt clearly made that edit

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cactrot posted:

Haha, no.

I don't think Button would beat Alonso over the course of the season, but I expect he'd do better than most expect. Better than Kimi or Massa ever did against him anyway. Especially if the car was nicely balanced. If it was a bit unruly I'd expect Alonso to be measurably better.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

autism chariot posted:

I don't think Button would beat Alonso over the course of the season, but I expect he'd do better than most expect. Better than Kimi or Massa ever did against him anyway. Especially if the car was nicely balanced. If it was a bit unruly I'd expect Alonso to be measurably better.

agreed, 2011 wasn't real

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I would like to add that there can't be a Korean flag on the wiki because we don't even know which Korea the race will take place in. South Korea or Best Korea.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Back in those days they dominated GP racing too. The good old days.

If memory serves they briefly changed their national flag to a crude rendition of a wheel to demonstrate their commitment to motorsports.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Senna would have stomped them I reckon. Badly

The title?

Yep. Especially if it's a two year deal. Holy hell, him with the Pushrod engine? Penske would have curbstomped the field even more than they already did.

At Indy? Not as sure. It took Emmo about 5 years to drink the milk, and Mansell got owned badly by Arie and the aforementioned Emmo in his rookie season.

e: I wonder how he would have qualified considering how freakish he was at doing that at places like Monaco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCuP_umhVA

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 9, 2014

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Apparently Kobayashi is going to test a Super Formula (aka The Series Formerly Known As Formula Nippon) for Toyota. Man, this guy walked away from Ferrari's factory GT program to join with Caterham and now he's going to a series where the reigning champion is Kazuki loving Nakajima.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Apparently Kobayashi is going to test a Super Formula (aka The Series Formerly Known As Formula Nippon) for Toyota. Man, this guy walked away from Ferrari's factory GT program to join with Caterham and now he's going to a series where the reigning champion is Kazuki loving Nakajima.

Why not. I think he is set on formula-style racing cars, and he is a Toyota man so it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I actually follow the series and yeah, it's definitely a step backwards. It's also kinda why I didn't understand the Lotterer hype; he was bested by Nakajima, who was a mediocre(at best) F1 driver.

• Locked thread