Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

geeves posted:

Since PS4 seems to be down:

Bravo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I just watched several videos that show the Dinka Akuma outperforming every single motorcycle in the game in every category, even top speed.

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.
So turbos are still broken on next gen, right?
Also, someone please talk me out of buying the kraken sub, I want to buy it, but I know that it has pretty much no use online. Also is a tank really useful for anything other than rp farming or griefing pubbies? Or should I just hang on to my money until the next content patch(heists) which is coming sometime around the big hell freeze over, in case something cool and expensive is released?

As far as the Dodo, I have never seen one spawn online, it is awesome and you should just buy one. Bear in mind though, it is painfully slow. I may, however, be a bad source of advice on this as I tend to buy a lot impractical vehicles.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

en1125 posted:

So turbos are still broken on next gen, right?
Also, someone please talk me out of buying the kraken sub, I want to buy it, but I know that it has pretty much no use online. Also is a tank really useful for anything other than rp farming or griefing pubbies? Or should I just hang on to my money until the next content patch(heists) which is coming sometime around the big hell freeze over, in case something cool and expensive is released?

As far as the Dodo, I have never seen one spawn online, it is awesome and you should just buy one. Bear in mind though, it is painfully slow. I may, however, be a bad source of advice on this as I tend to buy a lot impractical vehicles.

Turbos are still broken on next gen, the majority of pubbies do not understand this and yell at me when my seemingly identical car outruns them with ease.

I really don't know when you'd ever use the Kraken sub, it's not like it can be customized and I don't think I've ever seen a custom job involving them. A majority of players hang out on land or in the sky, so unless you really want to start up some kind of deep sea fighting group (this actually sounds cool, let's do it goons) then I dunno why you'd buy it. Tanks these days are fairly neutered from their glory days, I guess they're fun to have around to gently caress with people or RP farm but I dunno if that's worth the cash. Who knows what's coming in the next content patch, if you have the cash you might just wanna wait for that before dropping any change like I am. Dropped like 1.5 mil on upgrading my racing fleet (Massacro, Monroe, replacing a car I accidentally overwrote with said Monroe).

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'd take the Turbo's off my cars but I'm worried something will :rockstar: and I'll have to pay to put it back on later. :ohdear:

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I think the main reason I want to buy the kraken is so I can yell "release the kraken!" every time I emerge from the depths. Probably not worth 1.5 mil or whatever it is.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Well done, geeves ! I missed regular WEZL reporting after it trailed off!

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Bringing this up again from a page or two ago... I'm really enjoying the first-person views but why oh why is Call of Duty the only game able to implement usable FPS aiming on consoles??

I've just been doing the firing range challenges to boost up my gun skill and precision aiming is a complete pain. It feels like the centre zone of the stick is fairly low-sensitivity, but the ramp up to faster aiming is just too quick as you tilt the stick further. Doing the SMG / AR challenges with the side-to-side target was a massive chore :(

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I_Socom posted:

Bringing this up again from a page or two ago... I'm really enjoying the first-person views but why oh why is Call of Duty the only game able to implement usable FPS aiming on consoles??

I've just been doing the firing range challenges to boost up my gun skill and precision aiming is a complete pain. It feels like the centre zone of the stick is fairly low-sensitivity, but the ramp up to faster aiming is just too quick as you tilt the stick further. Doing the SMG / AR challenges with the side-to-side target was a massive chore :(

Are you on the PS4 and are you talking about the right stick? If so, there's been some complaints, including a youtube video documenting this.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Yes and Yes! I don't suppose you've got the youtube link handy? Fingers crossed R* can fix this relatively easily, although based on previous GTA5 performance I'm not overly hopeful. Where's that R* gif gone?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I_Socom posted:

Yes and Yes! I don't suppose you've got the youtube link handy? Fingers crossed R* can fix this relatively easily, although based on previous GTA5 performance I'm not overly hopeful. Where's that R* gif gone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQFXJdPxFOY

I haven't examined it myself and I haven't really noticed anything bad and attributed fast free aim changes (with, for example, the sniper rifle) to just my terrible dexterity. I wish the poster of that video could have had a separate segment with another game that showed it wasn't the controller but actually GTA's mechanics.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
My mini map is still broken (stuck in expanded mode and with player names turned on) and so I finally emailed Rockstar support and explained.

Support emailed me back and gave me a four-step process, It went:

>boot up in safe mode
>check software to ensure it is updated
>if that doesn't work, reset the ENTIRE PS4 to its factory settings
>if THAT doesn't work, wipe the PS4 hard drive.

I JUST WANT THE GTA MINI MAP TO WORK.

:thatrockstargif:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Kelly posted:

My mini map is still broken (stuck in expanded mode and with player names turned on) and so I finally emailed Rockstar support and explained.

Support emailed me back and gave me a four-step process, It went:

>boot up in safe mode
>check software to ensure it is updated
>if that doesn't work, reset the ENTIRE PS4 to its factory settings
>if THAT doesn't work, wipe the PS4 hard drive.

I JUST WANT THE GTA MINI MAP TO WORK.

:thatrockstargif:

So glad I didn't buy that Amazon black friday bundle. My birthday's in 6 months anyway :v:

e: and merry christmas to you and yours from [a very Santafied] mustardeleven and Otiosely!

Looks like someone's getting a surfboard!

We need a better picture of the Christmas whip, methinks. Lol

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 8, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Their steps to resolve these little issues is kind of baffling. I wouldn't believe a reformat would help at all. By the time taking all the steps involved the issue might get resolved all by itself.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does the turbo bug apply to vehicles which were upgraded before transferring to next gen?

I took the turbo off my old entity (keeping all my other max performance upgrades) then I got absolutely smoked on the freeway by someone in another entity and only just kept pace with a bullet someone else brought on a mission.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Bobtista posted:

Does the turbo bug apply to vehicles which were upgraded before transferring to next gen?

I took the turbo off my old entity (keeping all my other max performance upgrades) then I got absolutely smoked on the freeway by someone in another entity and only just kept pace with a bullet someone else brought on a mission.

The best way would be to do one of those 1/4 mile drag race things with your entity XF "custom", and race with and without it on. Quite honestly since all the cars top at like 120, I haven't even bothered with upgrades on my new character. I'm hoping the first major update/patch will address the turbo and other small things, though I am going to have to wait a while since that update was promised to contain the Heists too.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Scyron posted:

Quite honestly since all the cars top at like 120,

I have no idea how my top MPH is 142 in the Entity.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Probably going down a hill or something, try topping your car out on a highway and it doesn't work.

By the time you're going 140 down a hill you're going so remarkably fast that you are almost guaranteed to crash the car before you decide to slow down.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

geeves posted:

Since PS4 seems to be down:

:siren: :siren: This is a Weazel Action News LLJK Special Report :siren: :siren:

Hello, this is Wynter Summers reporting for new start up station LLJK! We’re so new we don’t even have a graphics department. In fact, I don't even know if we're an actual news station. I haven't quite figured that out. I have to take my own pictures... with my mobile. This is uncalled for! We're not the Chicago Sun-Times! LLJK management won’t return my calls and I assume they won't splurge for a paltry Canon T3: the worst. I could only hope for something that supports 1080p. I look so much better in HD.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention during the company meetings / table tennis tournaments. LLJK is the premiere, high-end, all-media entertainment conglomerate.

It's Los Santos and Blaine Countys' (READ: Yes, we still provide our services to the people of Blaine County, even after the incident with our PR guy, those interns and an industrial thresher) one-stop shop for public relations, marketing or anything to with reaching out to the people, communicating effectively, and other desirable attributes.

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 8, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Fully-unpaid internships still available.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

im pooping! posted:

Probably going down a hill or something, try topping your car out on a highway and it doesn't work.

By the time you're going 140 down a hill you're going so remarkably fast that you are almost guaranteed to crash the car before you decide to slow down.

It might be a speed record you set on the 360/PS3 that was carried over when you did the character transfer. The Rockstar Social Club lists my top speed on the XBOne as 18,894.69 MPH in the fire truck, but I set that when I was doing the gate launches on the 360.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

So switching between characters takes away stats and money? Or am I mistaken?

I tried login into my old character and gently caress around with a buzzard, and before I did so I had banked all my money, totaling like 122-123k, none on me. When I log in as my main I only have 60k and some is cash and banked, along with not-correct stats.

fake edit; but I just logged in as my main from PS3, and now my stats are right, and my money is only 67k, which was what my other character not has? I know I had 120some-k, and your characters are suppose to share money but auhg. The bugginess of this, sometimes.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

I_Socom posted:

geeves posted:

I haven't examined it myself and I haven't really noticed anything bad and attributed fast free aim changes (with, for example, the sniper rifle) to just my terrible dexterity. I wish the poster of that video could have had a separate segment with another game that showed it wasn't the controller but actually GTA's mechanics.

Hell, even with aim-assist the right stick aiming just doesn't feel that responsive. Like Socom said, there's a huuuuuuuuge deadzone in the middle of both sticks, to be honest. As someone coming from 360 -> PS4 it's pretty obvious. Still doesn't detract me per se but, as usual, it's one of those knowing-what-could-be things that could make the game just a lil bit better that they'll probably never fix or tweak...

Like the stupid "turbulence".

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I found no deadzone while in 3rd person, but first person has one. i dunno, I think it is part of their control setup. I don't feel left analog is the same was WASD, like they tried for FPS, while in third person it is very much, go what direction is pushed, resulting in the ability to walk in circles instead of strafe left when holding left in third person.

It feels like a hackjob, but with aim assist I haven't had an issue so far with heists in SP. I think it could be better but most of my trouble with FPS gunplay is the scopes being too dark in FPS, as well as lowered lock-on range for hostile targets.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

Like the stupid "turbulence".

I just love reading the intermittent nerdrage in this thread over turbulence in GTA. Flying in GTA is so much fun for me that I don't even notice it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

What turbulence? I fly a jet or a buzzard 90% of the time and it feels the exact same as last gen to me.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I just love reading the intermittent nerdrage in this thread over turbulence in GTA. Flying in GTA is so much fun for me that I don't even notice it.

Policenaut posted:

What turbulence? I fly a jet or a buzzard 90% of the time and it feels the exact same as last gen to me.

In fixed wing aircraft, yeah flying is fun in this and the faux-bulence isn't a big deal. In a helicopter it is supremely loving annoying - like your guy has the constant coffee/meth jitters. It's probably the worst in the cargobob. You'll be hovering over a car to pick it up not even touching the sticks then all of a sudden WHOA COKE ME UP BRO

I mean, at least make it feel like turbulence instead of [every X seconds shake vehicle rinse repeat].

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Policenaut posted:

yeah that's the problem, it is/was annoying as poo poo in last gen as it is now.

I think I've posted this before but I looked at some preview vids of GTAO and there's one shot with a Buzzard flying ruler loving straight and it made me go :mad::arghfist: because I spend far too much time in a helicopter.

I want to say part of it is encouraging you to have a copilot because the TV guided missile cam is stabilized so it's really easy to put something on target, but it's dumb anyway.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
:arghfist::mad::respek::reject::arghfist: - Psion knows my rage ^^^

Psion posted:

I want to say part of it is encouraging you to have a copilot because the TV guided missile cam is stabilized so it's really easy to put something on target, but it's dumb anyway.

Yeah except in their infinite wisdom the TV missiles literally fly slower that your aircraft instead of when you fire them from the pilot's seat caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause... [R*.gif]

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Policenaut posted:

At 100% flight skill and especially even more below it the aircraft just rocks and shakes and sways for no reason, it's impossible to have entirely steady flight

Basically every pilot has parkinsons

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Oh hey, did anyone that got the PS4-GTAV-TLoU bundle get the $500k/$500k bonus? I'm not seeing it in the marketplace. :(

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Duke Chin posted:

:arghfist::mad::respek::reject::arghfist: - Psion knows my rage ^^^

Yeah except in their infinite wisdom the TV missiles literally fly slower that your aircraft instead of when you fire them from the pilot's seat caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause... [R*.gif]

To be fair a good set of goons can still gently caress poo poo up pretty impressively with TV missiles. If they flew faster it would be rage inducing for people on the ground.

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
So today I got hit with the random wrinkles on your character bug. Suddenly my character has aged like 20 years in one day. Seems to be related to using the barber shop on next gen. Anyone know of a way to clear this up, or am I going to have to wait for rockstar to patch this with turbos in about a year? Apparently the expensive contacts fix your face but leave the body wrinkled.

Also, my special shirts lose their logo after I do a mission.

I dunno, at least I can finally actually connect and run missions. Its a start...

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I have found I am terrible at cargobob pickup, which might be the 40/100 piloting I have, but day to day maneuvers couldn't be any more precises and what I need to accomplish, while using R1/L1 properly. It is odd to feel little turbulence while at higher speeds or just circling around, while trying for very precise cargobob pickup like actions it is the worst and most noticeable. I tried on both my 100/100 pilot and my new character.

I did notice a lot of turbulence when I just first started using my character with jets and planes, so maybe that is where it affects the character more, than say helicopters.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 9, 2014

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
^^^ even at 100/100 flying skill (and I have been since like the first week of GTAO) The 'Bob is still the worst one affected by the faux-bulence. :shrug:

BitBasher posted:

To be fair a good set of goons can still gently caress poo poo up pretty impressively with TV missiles. If they flew faster it would be rage inducing for people on the ground.

Yeah, I mean, I can work with them well enough but the mere fact that they travel slower for no discernible reason is just more R* R*'ey poo poo. :shrug:x2

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

geeves posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQFXJdPxFOY

Oh wow, so it wasn't just me then.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Duke Chin posted:

Oh hey, did anyone that got the PS4-GTAV-TLoU bundle get the $500k/$500k bonus? I'm not seeing it in the marketplace. :(

Was the game a digital copy? It should be in the regular PS Store under DLC for GTA5, it has to be downloaded and "installed" and it'll add the cash

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Wheany posted:

Oh wow, so it wasn't just me then.

Nah it's definitely like that with me as well - that was pretty much the first thing I noticed when I fired up 1st person mode for the first time. What's funny is that that video also highlights something that's plagued all GTA's since GTA3: The floaty input lag. Even when he does a big movement you can see how long it takes for a reaction on screen. That's always been their "thing".

MrLonghair posted:

Was the game a digital copy? It should be in the regular PS Store under DLC for GTA5, it has to be downloaded and "installed" and it'll add the cash

Physical disk copy that was boxed in with the PS4 bundle.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

PS4's GTA5/Online 500k gifts were pre-order bonuses. You got an additional 150k if you did so on the PlayStation Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Am I able to save my video clips to an external HD? What format it have to be? God forbid anything be plug and play this day in age.

• Locked thread